Rinoseat G25 edition

• Thread starter h18ant
  • 79 comments
sure i would like to know. also compare it to a playseat evolution if you have ever had time on one. i have one and think it's great. some people seem to think that they are not stable and that the middle post gets in the way. that is simply not true.

Hi guys,

I have just taken delivery of a Rinoseat and am about to unpack it and put it together. Please let me know if you would be interested to know how it performs with my new G25 and GT5 prologue!

For those of you that would like to see what this seat looks like, I've updated the first post with that info.

;)

I've been looking for a cockpit for a while and this one absoluty looks good.

pic158.jpg

http://www.rinoseats.com/products.html does not report anything about a G25 edition though, did you just email them?

I'm also eager to hear a review h18ant. This looks like the perfect cockpit for me as I need something that is very compact when its folded away.

Is there any flex in the steering wheel mount?
Does the product suffer from not having reach adjustment for the wheel?
How comfy is the seat?
How did you place your order?

I'll look forward to hearing more about this.

My biggest worry about this cockpit is that it looks very flimsy. Other than that, I'm also troubled that there is no up-to-date price, and the old one is still pretty high. It's design seems pretty risky: either it's built well, and it's fantastic, or it's built badly, and it's useless.

It seems that wheel plate rigidity and seat comfort are the two biggest issues. We would very much like to hear about this!

Well, I can confirm that I have it setup and working! Here are my observations/ comments:-

I contacted Reno from Rinoseats via email to enquire about the seat intially. He repsonded promptly and I then decided to order. Reno sent me a proforma invoice with bank details etc on it. I made the transfer via my bank to him. Shortly afterwards, I received confirmation that the package had been paid for and posted (with tracking number). I also received a pdf file containing assembly instructions. The parcel arrived the following week, excactly when Reno said it would. I have to admit, I was impressed!

The box was compact but well packaged. Upon opening it, I was immediately impressed by how well everything had been packaged and checked all of the parts for damage. Everything was spot on. I then laid out all of the parts to identify them and started to build the seat. The instructions were fairly self explanitory and I had it put together within 1.5 hours, even the spanners and allen keys are included! I could have assembled it faster, however, I wanted to make sure everything was right.

Once assembled, I positioned it infront of the plasma, attached the G25 complete with shifter etc. Adjusted for comfort and then loaded up GT5 Prologue.

All that I can say is wow! What struck me instantly was how the whole setup felt. I was comfortable, in fact so comfortable that it was six hours later when I took a proper break! I admit, I had reservations about the steering coloumn strength, this has not been an issue. The great thing is that you can feel every bump and vibration thorught the chair. If you go over a rumble strip, you hear it and feel it, in the wheel and you body. You feel totally immersed in the driving experience.

To conclude, I had a gameracer before with DFP wheel. I now have Rinoseat with G25, no comparison. This thing is amazing. My advice is get one! It will change your driving sim experience for good! If you have any questions, let me know, I am more than happy to answer them.

Cheers, h18ant

If anyone wants to know about prices I have contacted Rinoseat and they say 199euro for the seat (without local taxes obviously) and 50euro P&P.

Read quite a few reviews about this seat now and it seems to be VERY well built and comfortable, only reservation now is that it looks like its going to cost quite a bit more than I thought it would. Still, its cheaper than any of the other cockpits out there isnt it?

I don't think I would even order a rino seat if I wanted one because I would think international delivery would cost like double and take months. :( Guess I have to look at a playseat or something and just reinforce it to be more stable.

I don't think I would even order a rino seat if I wanted one because I would think international delivery would cost like double and take months. :( Guess I have to look at a playseat or something and just reinforce it to be more stable.

Do NOT order a Playseat. The only reason I haven't returned mine is because I bought it on Ebay, and slightly damaged it trying to tighten everything insanely tightly to counteract the structuaral flimsiness. It's very expensive, there's a slight bar going across the back of the seat and the steering wheel support is a joke. Either you must have it very close to you for greater rigidity (It's very difficult to explain why this is, but please trust me on this), but then your knees hit the bottom of the wheel, wo you must put the post down by your feet so your knees clear, but then, since the steering wheel support is attatched to the bar which holds your petals, it has more room to bend and becomes more instable, and enthusiastic driving results in the whole thing developing a very slight slant. Though, that slant may be caused by the fact that I was forced to move the petals to the right so I'm not forced to left-foot-brake like a second-grade student would. The only reason I still have mine is that, though it is a rubbish cockpit, it is still a cockpit, and that goes a long way in any situation.

http://www.obutto.com/purchase.html

This is what you want. I discredited it at first for its weight and complication. But, It's very cheap and very sturdy (so I hear), and it doesn't lose its racing cokpit soul in the process of incorporating like 6 billion small tables. I just remember seeing it in a photo a while ago in someone's livingroom, stripped of the tablefest, sitting in the background, and thinking, "Wow, that's really, really nice. I didn't know Obutto made an actual racing cockpit as well." Turns out, it was the same Ozone that I was foolish enough to pass up earlier. Don't make the same mistake I did, and can't take back.:guilty:

Do NOT order a Playseat. The only reason I haven't returned mine is because I bought it on Ebay, and slightly damaged it trying to tighten everything insanely tightly to counteract the structuaral flimsiness. It's very expensive, there's a slight bar going across the back of the seat and the steering wheel support is a joke. Either you must have it very close to you for greater rigidity (It's very difficult to explain why this is, but please trust me on this), but then your knees hit the bottom of the wheel, wo you must put the post down by your feet so your knees clear, but then, since the steering wheel support is attatched to the bar which holds your petals, it has more room to bend and becomes more instable, and enthusiastic driving results in the whole thing developing a very slight slant. Though, that slant may be caused by the fact that I was forced to move the petals to the right so I'm not forced to left-foot-brake like a second-grade student would. The only reason I still have mine is that, though it is a rubbish cockpit, it is still a cockpit, and that goes a long way in any situation.

http://www.obutto.com/purchase.html

This is what you want. I discredited it at first for its weight and complication. But, It's very cheap and very sturdy (so I hear), and it doesn't lose its racing cokpit soul in the process of incorporating like 6 billion small tables. I just remember seeing it in a photo a while ago in someone's livingroom, stripped of the tablefest, sitting in the background, and thinking, "Wow, that's really, really nice. I didn't know Obutto made an actual racing cockpit as well." Turns out, it was the same Ozone that I was foolish enough to pass up earlier. Don't make the same mistake I did, and can't take back.:guilty:

I think that's me you are referring to. I absolutely agree with your point about the Playseat. The construction deficiencies are the main reason why I went with the Ozone at the end of the day. It was a pretty simple choice actually, if I am going to spend that amount of money on a chassis I want something that will last the test of time and look good at it while doing so. All while having MUCH more adjustability & customization! I have just taken some new pics of my re-worked setup after tidying up the wires and even made a quick little Youtube video to go with it.

Obutto Ozone Youtube Video Link

obutto2mediumxp6.jpg

obutto1mediumxq1.jpg

obutto3mediumjw6.jpg

obutto4mediumzv7.jpg

obutto5mediumjk8.jpg

i don't think the playseat is nearly as bad as you guys think. mine is just fine it's sturdy as could be. i did have to run a longer bolt through the plate that holds the wheel to keep it from tilting forward but other than that no problems. the obutto seat does look better though. the bar in the middle of the playseat is annoying after switching to the g25. i offset the pedals like the other guy and it does make them lean to the right a little when i brake. the thing that sold me on the playseat was the free shipping through amazon. plus i had never seen the obutto and jumped on the first thing i came acrossed. is the seat wider on the obutto seat. i starting to get old now and for some reason my body just keeps getting wider and wider. im about 6 foot 240 wonder if the obutto seat will fit me better when i weigh 270

Obutto looks nice indeed! But it's 43kg so I estimated $250 shipping costs, which is a lot :embarrassed:
Also, when importing stuff from USA to EU you pay 20% tax over it... it all adds up :)

Rinoseat said my chair would ship april 4th (if my bank is fast) or otherwise april 7th. I'll be sure to tell in this topic how I'll like (or don't like) it :)

The Obutto is definitely the way to go (it's the way I'm going). It is the best bang for the buck. Best rigidity. No poll between the legs. made specifically for the Logitech G25. Comfortable racing seat (unlike the Playseat). It's a no brainer. I'm ordering mine next month.

Edit: Shipping to the US is around $50

;)

im about 6 foot 240 wonder if the obutto seat will fit me better when i weigh 270

I'm 5'11" and 255 with no probs, my friend came over to try it out a few weeks ago and he fit comfortably in it and he's 6'5 330.

I just had a look on their website, and the price seems pretty reasonable!

Type R cockpit - 169 Euro - £133

pic71_r2_c1.gif

Type B cockpit - 136 Euro - £107

pic81_r2_c1.gif

Am i getting something wrong? Seems quite reasonable

249 euro ?!?!

So if its 199 for the G25 model and 50 for the P&P what happened to the import tax costs? Or did they mark the package as a low cost gift or something?

In heindsight whats the best option for the G25? Rinoseat or Obutto...both look and sound quite good and im not too worried about price as its a once off! lets be honest the G25 isnt the cheapest new anyway so why spoil it with getting a second rate/crap cockpit for it to be mounted!

Cheers,
Ian.

In heindsight whats the best option for the G25? Rinoseat or Obutto...both look and sound quite good and im not too worried about price as its a once off! lets be honest the G25 isnt the cheapest new anyway so why spoil it with getting a second rate/crap cockpit for it to be mounted!

Cheers,
Ian.

Well seeing as you are in Ireland your only choice from those 2 would be the Rhino Seat. Though from what I remember Chris (Obutto inventor) said he was looking into expanding into the European market, but that was quite a few months ago.....

Well seeing as you are in Ireland your only choice from those 2 would be the Rhino Seat. Though from what I remember Chris (Obutto inventor) said he was looking into expanding into the European market, but that was quite a few months ago.....

Rite well that answers that then doesnt it!! :dopey: Rinoseat FTW.

actually IF the Obutto happened to be available for shipping to Europe would it be a the better option over the readily available rinoseat? 💡
maybe be worth making an enquiry cos my best mate is interested in a cockpit aswell.

Rite well that answers that then doesnt it!! :dopey: Rinoseat FTW.

actually IF the Obutto happened to be available for shipping to Europe would it be a the better option over the readily available rinoseat? 💡
maybe be worth making an enquiry cos my best mate is interested in a cockpit as well.

Yes, it would be the far superior option. It has a real racing seat, much sturdier construction, and was made with the G25 in mind. It's nearly flawless. Hands down one of the best cockpits on the market.

I'm ordering mine next month.

Oh, and go IRELAND!

(I'm from Ballyshannon, in County Donegal)

;)

Yes, it would be the far superior option. It has a real racing seat, much sturdier construction, and was made with the G25 in mind. It's nearly flawless. Hands down one of the best cockpits on the market.

I'm ordering mine next month.
;)

Hi,

I am the designer and constructor (inventor) of Rinoseat Revolution.
I studied simrace seats for almost 3 years.

...It has a real racing seat, much sturdier construction...

Obutto is not real racing seat. Please, look at this http://picasaweb.google.ro/Gaas35/RinoSeatPrezentacijaTest/photo#5142033972053284402. This is the real race seat OMP http://www.ompracing.it/detail.html?productcode=HA/633.
We have analyzed few real race seats (OMP, SPARCO, RECARO) when we were constructing Rinoseat.

Real race seat is not good option for sim racer. Maybe for realistic look, or feeling of "siting", but for long long driving it is not a good solution.

We adapted real race seat for simrace seat, and Rinoseat is exactly that. Basic structure of real race seat and Rinoseat is absolutely the same http://www.rinoseats.com/images/rinoseats_kk.jpg (not fibreglass, only tube construction type of seat) but with few modification for simrace seat.

From this thread: http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showpost.php?p=3673496&postcount=11 you can read good annotation:
...How is the driving position with the obutto compared to a real car driving position.. because from the videos I see, the pedal position looks a bit too close to the seat.. and if you move the chair back, you cant move the wheel forward so the pedals can be further...

In Obutto cockpit you sit like in my IVECO Van, not like in real race car.

Compare distance between position of the pedal and the wheel and height of the wheel from this pictures:

In Rinoseat:
seatpos2.jpg

In Obutto:
IMG_10.jpg

Compare position of sitting !!!

...much sturdier construction...
From me, like the constructor of Rinoseat it is a big disadvantage for Obutto (you can not move the wheel and pedals independently)
+ unadjustable angle of pedal plate
+ unadjustable shifter (we do not have the same lenght of hand)
+ big weight.

...and was made with the G25 in mind...
Rinoseat has all the tables (wheel, shifter and pedal) with predrilled holes for G25 and we delivery all screws for that. Rinoseat has two shifters (lower for H style and higher for sequential style).

ft6.jpg

st1.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

Obutto? No!

...much sturdier construction...

In Rinoseat you can change style of sitting (adjustable pedal distance, pedal angle, wheel distance, wheel height, seat back angle, shifter distance)

rinoseats1111.gif

Rally style
seatpos3.jpg

GT or Middle style
seatpos2.jpg

Formula style
naslon4.jpg

This is the last position of seat back.

Can you imagine, how Rinoseat must be stabile and strong, when it can keep the driver safely sitting in this position (position of F1 driver).

Obutto is well thought project, but:

Obutto is looking for distributer over 9 months. His price (in depends of weight) is too small for any serious distributer. You can put it only 8 (maybe) pieces in van, and value of that is only 2000USD. It is not economic. For small price you must have big big production (like Playseat) or small transport/production cost (like Rinoseat). We exported Rinoseat without distributer in over 17 Europian countryes last three months. If Obutto finds distributer in Europe, price will be much much higher (profit of distributer + big transport cost + local tax). Maybe not, but without profit, no deal.

And yes, in Rinoseat you can feel FF in your body http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aMOO1yle0s

Renato Markovic, dipl.ing.
owner&constructor
Rino Industries Ltd.

more info about properly position of sitting in sim race seat: http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showpost.php?p=3664343&postcount=44

Back