Rinoseat G25 edition

• Thread starter h18ant
  • 79 comments
Yes, it would be the far superior option. It has a real racing seat, much sturdier construction, and was made with the G25 in mind. It's nearly flawless. Hands down one of the best cockpits on the market.

I'm ordering mine next month.

Oh, and go IRELAND!

(I'm from Ballyshannon, in County Donegal)

;)

haha cheers dude! 👍 Nice to meet you ey..:)

well im making a decision on this in the next few days because 1. im sick of the sixaxis already and 2. i have a G25 already but im using a "hows your father" setup with it attached to a food tray which has a kinda bean bag bottom so it can sit on my lap comfortably! its ridiculous i know but hey its the best thing i cud do at the time...:crazy:

Sorry but I have to disagree with almost every thing you said.

Obutto is not real racing seat. Please, look at this http://picasaweb.google.ro/Gaas35/RinoSeatPrezentacijaTest/photo#5142033972053284402. This is the real race seat OMP http://www.ompracing.it/detail.html?productcode=HA/633.
We have analyzed few real race seats (OMP, SPARCO, RECARO) when we were constructing Rinoseat.

Real race seat is not good option for sim racer. Maybe for realistic look, or feeling of "siting", but for long long driving it is not a good solution.

Incorrect. The Obutto seat IS comfortable as it has MUCH more padding and adjustment than the Rinoseat. It is not a rigid seat by any means with seat back adjustment, leg length adjustment as well as a lumbar support adjustment.

From this thread: http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showpost.php?p=3673496&postcount=11 you can read good annotation:
...How is the driving position with the obutto compared to a real car driving position.. because from the videos I see, the pedal position looks a bit too close to the seat.. and if you move the chair back, you cant move the wheel forward so the pedals can be further...

Incorrect. First the pedal position is not set in stone and can be mounted anywhere on the platform further up or towards the bottom. Second the seat is doubly adjustable as there are 2 mounting positions for the seat itself (closer or farther) PLUS the incremental adjustment just as in a REAL car with REAL sliders using a REAL seat. Thirdly the wheel is adjustable in or out and in proportion to the persons height as well...example: it telescopes up slightly while going out towards the taller person as their shoulder height is obviously higher than a shorter persons. This has been proven by my girlfriend who is 5'2" and my friend who is 6'5" (330 lbs I'd like to see a Rinoseat take that weight over the course of use)

In Obutto cockpit you sit like in my IVECO Van, not like in real race car.

I guess the maker of the Obutto didn't use his race prep BMW as a basis for the Obutto oZone design....oh wait he did. He also explains in his words below in blue how to setup your seat position properly

a telescoping steering wheel mount is key for obtaining a proper race
driving position. This makes it possible for anyone appx 13yrs old and up
to achieve a proper race driving position (see "Proper race driving
position")....

Proper race driving position~

Race drivers seating positions are quite different from the seating
position we use in every day driving. The main reason for this is so
the driver can have full use of their larger muscles in their arms &
back to control the steering wheel. Below we will cover two main
points of a proper race driving position:

1) Steering Wheel Height: The height of the center of the steering
wheel is near the height of your collarbone.

2) Distance to Steering Wheel: The easiest way to set acheive the
ideal distance from your steering wheel is to adjust your seat so that
when you stretch your arms straight out your wrists lie across the
top of the steering wheel. Make sure your shoulders are touching
the back of the seat.

Once you place your hands in the 10 & 2 or 9 & 3 positions on the
wheel your elbows will be bent at an approximate 90 degrees

3) Distance to pedals: This is a simple one :) The ideal position varies
but it's best to not be too close to where your legs are cramped and
not too far so that you cannot depress all the pedals without
stretching your legs.

Works for me.

Compare distance between position of the pedal and the wheel and height of the wheel from this pictures:

In Rinoseat:
seatpos2.jpg

In Obutto:
IMG_10.jpg

Compare position of sitting !!!

You used a base photo for comparison which is VERY weak. If you notice in my photo of my setup you will notice the wheel height is lower than the base picture and represents a more realistic comparison. But you chose to use one to YOUR advantage to prove a misinformed point, not cool.

From me, like the constructor of Rinoseat it is a big disadvantage for Obutto
+ unadjustable angle of pedal plate
+ unadjustable shifter (we do not have the same lenght of hand)
+ big weight.

The pedal plate is adjustable though not necessary as the angle was SPECIFICALLY designed for use with the G25. The only point so far you have is about the length of the shifter position...though it's not a big deal as the position is fine when tested with my 2 person example prior.

Rinoseat has all the tables (whell, shifter and pedal) with predrilled holes for G25 and we delivery all screws for that. Rinoseat has two shifters (lower for H style and higher for sequential style).

ft6.jpg

st1.jpg

Obutto? No!

Um..you can drill them yourself in ANY position you feel works for you (especially since you have to put BOTH the Obutto and Rinoseat together by hand anyway) again it's not that big of a deal...

In Rinoseat you can change style of sitting (adjustable pedal distance, pedal angle, whell distance, wheel height, seat back angle, shifter distance)

rinoseats1111.gif

Rally style
seatpos3.jpg

GT or Middle style
seatpos2.jpg

Formula style
naslon4.jpg

This is the last position of seat back.

Can you imagine, how Rinoseat must be stabile and strong, when it can keep the driver safely sitting in this position (position of F1 driver).

All possible with an Obutto too (except for shifter length which was already explained to be no big issue as you make it to be).

Obutto is well thought project, but:

Obutto is looking for distributer over 9 months. His price (in depends of weight) is too small for any serious distributer. You can put it only 8 (maybe) pieces in van, and value of that is only 2000USD. It is not economic. For small price you must have big big production (like Playseat) or small transport/production cost (like Rinoseat). We exported Rinoseat without distributer in over 17 Europian countryes last three months. If Obutto finds distributer in Europe, price will be much much higher (profit of distributer + big transport cost + local tax). Maybe not, but without profit, no deal.

And how would you absolutely know how he does his business? You don't work for him so how can you attempt to speak about something you have no idea about? But I will add this mysteriously omitted information to your comment ~ Chris from Obutto has a distributor in Japan and makes sales there with NO problem and at last I heard he was working to distribute in the European market. Again more misinformation and missing items from your points...not cool or correct. Oh and your price quote for the Obutto is WAY off but I will chalk that up to a typo.

And yes, in Rinoseat you can feel FF in your body http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aMOO1yle0s

I take that as bad/weak construction if the FFB from the wheel is able to transfer a weak vibration effect through the Rinoseat....but while we are on the topic of construction what about these deficiencies? (quoted from the RSC Forums)

To be honest, the flex in the steering column, hinted at in theese videos, are putting me off slightly:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D88MbEhRcs4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AbfLCZ4QrS8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A77dylVLsoU

It isnt major (especially compared to for example the first playseat), but it is still pretty clear the wheel will move a bit during intense driving, and if I ever get around to buying/making a cockpit, I personally am not sure if I will accept that.

It was also enlightening to to see how to get in and out of the cockpit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=soFHv4LBN-0

The shifter do seem to get in the way somewhat, but I would likely have it closer to myself by default, so perhaps it could be possible to squeeze out with some grace without having to unscrew the shifter mount? It would be nice to be able to rush and answer the phone....

...The Obutto seat IS comfortable as it has MUCH more padding and adjustment than the Rinoseat...

Incorrect

ADJUSTMENT................RINOSEAT.........OBUTTO
pedal angle.......................yes...................no
shifter lenght....................yes...................no
move the wheel
and pedals independently....yes...................no
move the wheel
forward-backward
low-high
independently....................yes...................no
two type of
shifters .........................yes....................no

...the pedal position is not set in stone and can be mounted anywhere on the platform ...
Platform is too small for serious movement
obutto4ou0.jpg

...I'd like to see a Rinoseat take that weight over the course of use...
there is picture and video of men 197cm height / 110kg weight

http://picasaweb.google.ro/Gaas35/RinoSeatPrezentacijaTest/photo#5142018687045431426
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xN5QLNdUwuo

I'd like to see a Obutto take that height over the course of use

...you will notice the wheel height is lower than the base picture and represents a more realistic comparison...
sorry, but you can not move the wheel and pedals independently
neither, move the wheel forward-backward and low-high independently

...The pedal plate is adjustable though not necessary as the angle was SPECIFICALLY designed for use with the G25...

YES, it is necessary for good race cockpit, maybe NOT for Obutto, but for Rinoseat YES! http://video.google.com:80/videoplay?docid=3180134300425049881 use H lower shifter + heel and toe technique

...The only point so far you have is about the length of the shifter position...though it's not a big deal as the position is fine when tested with my 2 person example prior...

YES, it is a big deal for good race cockpit, maybe NOT for Obutto, but for Rinoseat YES! http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=w_ruAMgWHyo

...All possible with an Obutto too (except for shifter length which was already explained to be no big issue as you make it to be)...
No, it is not possible with an Obutto, because you CAN NOT ADJUST SHIFTER LENGTH. We have tested it, and it is VERY IMPORTANT (wheel distance, TOO) for seat back angle adjustment.

...Um..you can drill them yourself in ANY position you feel works for you (especially since you have to put BOTH the Obutto and Rinoseat together by hand anyway) again it's not that big of a deal...
It is big of a deal for some people.
You said that Obutto is SPECIFICALLY designed for use with the G25???
No, it is not.

...And how would you absolutely know how he does his business? You don't work for him so how can you attempt to speak about something you have no idea about?...
You are correct. It is ONLY MY OPINION, like man who are producing and sale cockpit.

...Chris from Obutto has a distributor in Japan and makes sales there with NO problem and at last I heard he was working to distribute in the European market...
Good luck.

...I take that as bad/weak construction if the FFB from the wheel is able to transfer a weak vibration effect through the Rinoseat....but while we are on the topic of construction what about these deficiencies? (quoted from the RSC Forums)...

It was first suspicion, but today (from our users):

review from Germany http://www.racersleague.com/viewtopic.php?p=69682#69682
...In short, the thing is bombenfest. In terms of stability it can't be compared to PlaySeat in nothing. No shaking, no slides, no tilt, nothing. Even with proper force feedback, and also quick steering movements device is not in trouble. The steering wheel holder, I think even much better than the PlaySeat (the times when I was Fritz test), while the PlaySeat Holder something like swing to the side when you violently boost at the wheel, you can feel when RinoSeat due to the relatively short connection the handlebars to the seat absolutely nothing...

review from Sweden http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=38375
...This seat is not totally stiff construction. It have an very small amount of flexibility almost as vibrations. To me this really bring something extra to the driving! The driving have become more alive. I can actually feel what the car is up to, an extra feed back. You become one with the car. I might add I always drive in cockpit view. I never get a feeling of weakness in the construction, it is very stable!...

review from England http://www.simjunkies.org/Forum/index.php?topic=7887.0
...Now, I remind you that, in my introduction, I alluded to the fact that I am something of a “mauler” behind the wheel, and the single tube which supports the wheel does have a tendency to flex when subjected to my abusive driving style. I cannot say how this will affect the components long-term, but I would not be overly concerned. The flexing is hardly noticeable, and does not suggest that, a few months down the line, the Rinoseat will be falling apart. If anything, I believe that the flexing will in fact prolong the life of the G25, as it transfers some of the considerable forces applied through my wheel, and dissipates these through the tube. The pedals, wheel and shifter have remained firmly fixed through out the test, and I have no reason to suspect that the Rinoseat will require constant maintenance to keep it tip-top...

Oner, if you happy with Obutto, i am happy too. Please, do not discuss with me about Obutto. If you have any question about Rinoseat, please, ask me.

My previous answer is only answer on wrong opinion about Rinoseat and wrong comparation with Obutto.

Obutto is very cheap cockpit, with many good characteristics and with few limitations.

Rinoseat is low cost cockpit, completely different, revolutionary.

Renato Markovic, dipl.ing.
owner&constructor
Rino Industries Ltd.

All you have managed to do is to propagate more misinformation about a product you have NEVER tested or owned. You say that I am incorrect yet I OWN ONE so how could that be? All your "points" are full of speculation and misinformation. I will only show one to prove my point

there is picture and video of men 197cm height / 110kg weight......I'd like to see a Obutto take that height over the course of use

When I CLEARLY stated on multiple occasions I have had my girlfriend who is 5'2" AND my friend who is 6'5" 330 lbs use the Obutto with no problems. As a business man you should know better. Funny also how you say the Obutto is cheap when you don't even address the structural deficiencies in the video of your product from videos YOU provided to the net...I could go on and further break down your new misinformed post but I really don't have to. I have given proof with my explanations to your improper information and being an ACTUAL owner! Not to mention ANYONE can clearly see the Rinoseat is NOT as sturdy or well constructed as the Obutto. The Rinoseat may be more portable, true but for something that should stay put for the rigors of REAL use it shouldn't be moved anyway.

All you have managed to do is to propagate more misinformation about a product you have NEVER tested or owned. You say that I am incorrect yet I OWN ONE so how could that be? All your "points" are full of speculation and misinformation. As a business man you should know better.

Is this wrong (misinformation or speculation)???

ADJUSTMENT................RINOSEAT...... ...OBUTTO
pedal angle.......................yes......... ..........no
shifter lenght....................yes........... ........no
move the wheel
and pedals independently.....yes...................no
move the wheel
forward-backward
low-high
independently....................yes.... ...............no
two type of
shifters ...........................yes............ ........no

Funny also how you say the Obutto is cheap when you don't even address the structural deficiencies in the video of your product from videos YOU provided to the net...I could go on and break down your new post but I really don't have to. I have given my proof (as an owner and my explanations to your improper information) and ANYONE can clearly see the Rinoseat is NOT as sturdy or well constructed as the Obutto. The Rinoseat may be more portable, true but for something that should stay put for the rigors of REAL use it shouldn't be moved anyway.

Rinoseat looks minimalistic (and it is light, only 10/12kg), but such type of design was enormous problem for construction.
We used CAD/CAE software for designing such form of steel.
You can't see that on pictures, but in structure of seat back are many steel reinforces.
Maybe some engineer could understand the complexity of construction.

And, again

I have absolutely nothing against Obutto.

Obutto is very cheap cockpit (250$), with many good characteristics and with few limitations.
Rinoseat is low cost cockpit (200€), completely different, revolutionary.

owner&constructor
Rino Industries Ltd.

Again a total omission about the topic of flex in your wheel stand and of the misinformation about someone who is 6'5" 330 lbs being able to use the Obutto with no problems.

True vash0r. I am done though with this, as I just don't want to be bothered anymore and have to explain stuff over and over and over.

Again a total omission about the topic of flex in your wheel stand...

It was first suspicion, but today (from our users):

review from Germany http://www.racersleague.com/viewtopic.php?p=69682#69682
...In short, the thing is bombenfest. In terms of stability it can't be compared to PlaySeat in nothing. No shaking, no slides, no tilt, nothing. Even with proper force feedback, and also quick steering movements device is not in trouble. The steering wheel holder, I think even much better than the PlaySeat (the times when I was Fritz test), while the PlaySeat Holder something like swing to the side when you violently boost at the wheel, you can feel when RinoSeat due to the relatively short connection the handlebars to the seat absolutely nothing...

review from Sweden http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=38375
...This seat is not totally stiff construction. It have an very small amount of flexibility almost as vibrations. To me this really bring something extra to the driving! The driving have become more alive. I can actually feel what the car is up to, an extra feed back. You become one with the car. I might add I always drive in cockpit view. I never get a feeling of weakness in the construction, it is very stable!...

review from England http://www.simjunkies.org/Forum/index.php?topic=7887.0
...Now, I remind you that, in my introduction, I alluded to the fact that I am something of a “mauler” behind the wheel, and the single tube which supports the wheel does have a tendency to flex when subjected to my abusive driving style. I cannot say how this will affect the components long-term, but I would not be overly concerned. The flexing is hardly noticeable, and does not suggest that, a few months down the line, the Rinoseat will be falling apart. If anything, I believe that the flexing will in fact prolong the life of the G25, as it transfers some of the considerable forces applied through my wheel, and dissipates these through the tube. The pedals, wheel and shifter have remained firmly fixed through out the test, and I have no reason to suspect that the Rinoseat will require constant maintenance to keep it tip-top...

review from Croatia http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showpost.php?p=3636336&postcount=31
...But, how I am one of those who like everything very tight and strong, without feeling that I am holding something weak, what i could brake, I went on presentation with big doubt about it's firmness.
After my first ride with normal ff strength it was very hard to notice anything, and there was no sight of big movement etc. Next ride i tried to set it all hight and get a bit wild. While increasing ff values i noticed (visually) movement., but feeling what i felt in my hands, it was great! I felt force feedback in my seat! Like i was driving a real car! I am g25 owner for a long time, and it is attached to my desk where it has no chance of moving.. that's why rinoseat felt great, because that pipe reacts slightly on strong pulling and strong effects... I must admit that it turns out to be biggest reason I liked it. That pipe and way rinoseat was designed is breakthrough in world of simeracing. Don't let something fool you around if you hadn't tried it!
Feeling that I felt is hard to describe, it is really special. Don't think that you can brake or deform that pipe. I haven't seen a situation in which it could happen. I even tried my self to deform ti- result was moving whole seat with man sitting on it...

...about someone who is 6'5" 330 lbs being able to use the Obutto with no problems.

Please, picture!
I will forward you all my customers >= 330lb. No problem.

Rinoseat: http://picasaweb.google.ro:80/rinoreno/RinoseatRevolution
Max. user weight: 130kg or 300lb (we have tested Rinoseat with 190kg or 420lb, no problem with weight, problem is widht of the seat base, maybe?)
Recommended user height range : 0,90 - 2,10 m

We have tested the wheel table with 115kg or 250lb!

owner&constructor
Rino Industries Ltd.

In all honesty I don't need to provide a picture of my friend because my word should be taken with "weight & truth". I have been a moderator for an A/V & Console Gaming website (www.Afterdawn.com) for more than 5 years. We have close to 3 million total posts, over 500,000 registered members and MILLIONS of page impression per month. The Console section alone (my area) has over 750,000 posts in more than 130,000 threads. I think the proof I have given in this matter is more than sufficient.

In all honesty I don't need to provide a picture of my friend because my word should be taken with "weight & truth". I have been a moderator for an A/V & Console Gaming website (www.Afterdawn.com) for more than 5 years. We have close to 3 million total posts, over 500,000 registered members and MILLIONS of page impression per month. The Console section alone (my area) has over 750,000 posts in more than 130,000 threads. I think the proof I have given in this matter is more than sufficient.

Hi Oner,

Sorry, i absolutely believe you!
I just want to see picture of properly sitting.

I studied simrace seats for almost 3 years.
I am cooperate in developing with the best simracer in the world. Look at this results:
http://www.croteam-lfs.org/index_league.asp?racHash=bn28cn18dfg16b2&leaHash=d72jd81071hdf72
http://www.croteam-lfs.org/index_league.asp?racHash=b28cdn19dfg17dfb1&leaHash=d72jd81071hdf72
http://www.croteam-lfs.org/index_league.asp?racHash=82df81jdf81nf7&leaHash=d72jd81071hdf72
This is CroTeam LFS Racing League, and this is only prequalify time for race (N I K I has WR).
We are the sponsorship this league. First prize in this league is Rinoseat and for every victory in race we are awarding the winner with LFS S2 Licence or with cash. We are ready to be the sponsor of every well organized league in the world (GT5 league TOO)! Maxis123, kresho_1, Jadran, Gaulish and sigor1976 are members of CroTeam which we are sponsoring. They are driving in Rinoseat with G25 or Momo. You can see their result as shown above. They are helping me to develop and test Rinoseat.
We will cooperate with the best simracers in the world and we will together constantly improve Rinoseat.

Look at this picture:
badpos1.jpg

There you can see one bad example of position of sitting (bad seat construction).

Pictures are much better then words.

owner&constructor
Rino Industries Ltd.

Rhinoseat does look pretty good, hopefully il be buying one at the end of this month (student loan WHOOHOO!!) :) Not sure whether to get G25 first or the seat, as i would have no way of using the steering wheel (especially gear shifts) at the moment, unless i do some ghetto DIY :)

@ rinoreno:

That's enough. We do not allow advertising on our forums. I understand you are trying to defend your product, but you have taken it too far. Furthermore, you are trying to discredit (and compare) a wheel that is more expensive, constructed of stronger more durable materials, and obviously not in the same league as your setup. They should not be COMPARED. One is a cheap (albeit mostly sturdy) cockpit for the budget minded. The other is for the racing enthusiast who doesn't mind spending the extra dough for something a bit better. As a business man, you should no better than to try and compare the two.

This is a warning.

No advertising.

@ Oner:

Don't egg him on. Believe me, I understand where you are coming from. However, he does have a few good points as well. Lets just drop this and call it a draw, alright?

;)

@ rinoreno:

That's enough. We do not allow advertising on our forums. I understand you are trying to defend your product, but you have taken it too far. Furthermore, you are trying to discredit (and compare) a wheel that is more expensive, constructed of stronger more durable materials, and obviously not in the same league as your setup. They should not be COMPARED. One is a cheap (albeit mostly sturdy) cockpit for the budget minded. The other is for the racing enthusiast who doesn't mind spending the extra dough for something a bit better. As a business man, you should no better than to try and compare the two.

This is a warning.

No advertising.

@ Oner:

Don't egg him on. Believe me, I understand where you are coming from. However, he does have a few good points as well. Lets just drop this and call it a draw, alright?

;)

Dear Moderator,

Essentially, this is a forum where information ought to be exchanged. Its great to see a heated debate once a while just so forumers like myself can get an informed view about the products discussed.

I ain't rooting for the maker of Rinoseat but I do feel that he was simply substantiating his understanding of his own seat and provided knowledge and references for his seat to support this thread. This was after all, a thread that was written in good will by a fellow consumer who felt he had a great product to share with the forum. As a fellow forumer, I felt your well meant advise to Rinoreno was somewhat harsh, but thats just my view on the matter.

With regards to Obutto, fact of the matter is that it simply does not allow the flexibility of the Rinoseat. I will certainly not call it a seat for the racing enthusiast or say that the Rinoseat is for the budget minded. Any well advised engineer will be able to conclude that the Rinoseat is a thoroughly thought out cockpit and that the Obutto is nothing for the racing enthusiast, FrexGP is.

For Oner, it really does not matter whether he has a solid grounding or reputation. I do not understand him simply for the fact that none of anything he mentioned was illustrated in pictures or in words of any other people except his. And really, half the world or maybe even more have no idea what that AV console forum that he speaks about exist. It means little, what means anything is to be able to back up any challenges.

I felt compelled to make a posting as I feel that the spirit of GTP forums should be for discussion, albeit even at times an unpleasant one with the eventual aim of benefitting forumers. In my case, Reno has done so.

Dear Moderator,

Essentially, this is a forum where information ought to be exchanged. Its great to see a heated debate once a while just so forumers like myself can get an informed view about the products discussed.

I ain't rooting for the maker of Rinoseat but I do feel that he was simply substantiating his understanding of his own seat and provided knowledge and references for his seat to support this thread. This was after all, a thread that was written in good will by a fellow consumer who felt he had a great product to share with the forum. As a fellow forumer, I felt your well meant advise to Rinoreno was somewhat harsh, but thats just my view on the matter.

With regards to Obutto, fact of the matter is that it simply does not allow the flexibility of the Rinoseat. I will certainly not call it a seat for the racing enthusiast or say that the Rinoseat is for the budget minded. Any well advised engineer will be able to conclude that the Rinoseat is a thoroughly thought out cockpit and that the Obutto is nothing for the racing enthusiast, FrexGP is.

For Oner, it really does not matter whether he has a solid grounding or reputation. I do not understand him simply for the fact that none of anything he mentioned was illustrated in pictures or in words of any other people except his. And really, half the world or maybe even more have no idea what that AV console forum that he speaks about exist. It means little, what means anything is to be able to back up any challenges.

I felt compelled to make a posting as I feel that the spirit of GTP forums should be for discussion, albeit even at times an unpleasant one with the eventual aim of benefitting forumers. In my case, Reno has done so.

Your words (highlighted in red) are contradictory to each other so I see where this is going....what I don't understand is you praise Reno for upholding blatant misinformation (he never even tried/owned one) as if he was defending his product when in reality he was the first to put down a competitors product in this post https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2970692&postcount=30. In actuality all I did was try to make clear the improper information in which he "provided". Whether you beleive my credentials are not sufficient is up to you but remember I was not the one to sling false information here.

Your words (highlighted in red) are contradictory to each other so I see where this is going....what I don't understand is you praise Reno for upholding blatant misinformation (he never even tried/owned one) as if he was defending his product when in reality he was the first to put down a competitors product in this post https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2970692&postcount=30. In actuality all I did was try to make clear the improper information in which he "provided". Whether you beleive my credentials are not sufficient is up to you but remember I was not the one to sling false information here.

Mate,

Firstly, they are not contradictory. Only someone who is opinionated will feel so.

Did he put down a competitor's product with the link? I only see that he said that the Obutto seat ain't a real racing seat and its true. OMP, Sparco and Recaro are renowed bucket seat makers and yes, I do vaguely remember seeing him post some pictures of the skeleton of an OMP bucket seat. If that means putting another product down then the same can be said that a Ferrari F430 is faster than the Ford Mustang in stock condition. As such, the Ford Mustang is a crap car. But thats not true and definitely now the way I view things.

For that matter, I do not see that anyone was 'slinging' false information. Not you or RinoReno. The only thing that I can see is that you are good in highlighting my words in RED and suggesting that there is an agenda. Is it or is it not? The simple fact is that whether I am pro-Reno or anti-Obutto does not matter anymore, going through the thread and the information provided, its already clear whats the choice of the masses. Whether its GTP forums or LFS forums, there's enough said about the Rinoseat.

And thats the good thing that came out of this discussion.

Dear Moderator,

I understand where you are coming from, but I certainly don't completely agree.

Like it or not, the posts in question WERE advertising. The gentleman in question is related to the product, and is pushing the product on this forum.

Heated debates are fine to a point, but this thread was not meant to be a debate, merely a GTP member showing off his new cockpit. As soon as "rinoreno" entered the situation, it ceased being a nice conversation and became an advertisement. It's a tough call we have to make as moderators. Some of these issues are hard to call. If it had remained a nice conversation, I may have let it slide, but as it is, I wanted to try and quell any kind of bigger problem. This thread is about ONE persons Rinoseat, so thus we need to get back on topic.

Agreed?

;)

I just contacted Reno (?) via their email address. I received a quote of $428 shipped to the U.S.

This may well be a good (even great) budget minded cockpit, but if you live in the states, you may want to look elsewhere for a cockpit.

For the same price you can buy an Obutto, or Playseat, or Bob Baker and have nearly enough money left over to buy a Logitech G25.

Of course, if you live somewhere nearer the manufacturer, this is not the case. I am merely stating this for the benefit of our members located in the USA.

Too bad, I was actually considering buying a Rinoseat (and an Obutto), to compare and also so I would have 2 cockpits for LAN parties, and everyone would have their choice of whichever cockpit is most comfortable for them.

Yet, this isn't going to pan out. Therefore, I am considering just building them instead. That or, buying the Obutto. Tough choices.

;)

Look at this picture:
badpos1.jpg

There you can see one bad example of position of sitting (bad seat construction).

Pictures are much better then words.

owner&constructor
Rino Industries Ltd.

WOW this guy looks so Uncomfortable.

By the way, I can't find a price online for the Rino seat. How much in USD?

I just contacted Reno (?) via their email address. I received a quote of $428 shipped to the U.S.

This may well be a good (even great) budget minded cockpit, but if you live in the states, you may want to look elsewhere for a cockpit.

For the same price you can buy an Obutto, or Playseat, or Bob Baker and have nearly enough money left over to buy a Logitech G25.

Of course, if you live somewhere nearer the manufacturer, this is not the case. I am merely stating this for the benefit of our members located in the USA.

Too bad, I was actually considering buying a Rinoseat (and an Obutto), to compare and also so I would have 2 cockpits for LAN parties, and everyone would have their choice of whichever cockpit is most comfortable for them.

Yet, this isn't going to pan out. Therefore, I am considering just building them instead. That or, buying the Obutto. Tough choices.

;)

how does one actually go about buying the Obutto? I've tried contacting them through the website but haven't received a response.

how does one actually go about buying the Obutto? I've tried contacting them through the website but haven't received a response.

I haven't tried contacting them yet. Maybe Oner can chime in, and let us know how it's done........... Or, one could look in the Obutto thread, here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101002

Better idea that. This is the Rinoseat thread, not the Obutto thread.

;)

Last time I heard from Chris he had gotten back and had some 100 customers with emails awaitening so I guess he is kind of busy... I was sooo close ordering one but I got impatient and spent five times the money for the rolls royce cockpit ;).

But this is not about the obutto... About the Rhenoseat I don´t have one but from all the ones in my home communitys that have bought it they are very happy so it´s a good seat for sure. In europe about half the price of a playseat which is hard to beat... Since it´s so light the shipment is not that bad either so don´t rule it out if you live in the US and need something more portable. Though the weak dollar may make it a bad time to import things ;).

As for racing bucket seats they are actually cheaper and more uncomfortable if you don´t mold it around your body at least. They are built to be light and being absolutely solid rather then to be comfortable like sport car seats :)

However the Rhenoseat seems quite similar to the playseat seat except for you being able to recline it so it will probably be comfortable enough. I never had any complains about my playseats. Well except for the newer one being vinyl which makes you a bit sweaty after some hours :)

About advertizing ban well I think most users welcome info on new cockpits and there is not that big difference of a end customer advertizing a cockpit and a small manufacturer. I don´t see the hurt in it even though if you are going to compare it to other manufacturers at least make sure you know what you talk about and be very very diplomatic about it :D

Also the language barrier can strike quite hard so easy for misunderstandings.

Since it´s so light the shipment is not that bad either so don´t rule it out if you live in the US and need something more portable. Though the weak dollar may make it a bad time to import things ;).

Delphic Reason

Not affordable at all to buy in the states.

Too bad, as I was considering purchasing one.

;)

;)

Thank you very much for finding out the price of the Rino shipped to the US. To pricey for my blood.

Back