The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
This reminds me of the time everybody had a whinge before the end the Sony E3 conference. Very reminiscent... :rolleyes: Fortunately, there haven't been any threats against Amar's life just yet.

There's more tension here than half-time at the Superbowl\Champions League
As Jackington points out, it was worse at E3. A member wound up getting banned because his comments were so over the top.

I still think something has to be revealed here.

I mean why would Sony/PD fill those demo units with GT5P and not GT5? That would be insanely stupid - marketing a 2+ year-old concept demo at a current gaming convention where they know fans are expecting GT5? Forza 3 is coming out this year and Sony needs to respond to that if GT5 really is arriving in time for this Christmas.

Are they losing touch with reality here?

Yes but with FM3 coming out in Oct and the TGS being in Sep, still leaves Sony plenty of time to market GT5 (do they have to?).

I think Sony are being clever because there not making there big announcements all at the same time.

1. E3, GT PSP, Mag, Unchartered, GOW III etc
2. Gamescom, Slimline PS3, PSN updates i.e BBC iplayer, movies.
3. TGS for the daddy of them all, GT5!

After watching the liveblog it seemed very few games were mentioned and the whole Sony presentation seemed to lack content.

I agree.

It was such a lack-luster presentation that I feel a separate, GT5 conference will take place later on today/early tomorrow.

Sure, we get GTPSP for free with a pre-order of the PSP-Go - but that doesn't apply to me, as I have the PSP 3000 and I don't need a PSP-Go!

I will buy the retail edition of GTPSP and I hope by then I would know the release date for GT5! :sly:

I agree.

It was such a lack-luster presentation that I feel a separate, GT5 conference will take place later on today/early tomorrow.

Sure, we get GTPSP for free with a pre-order of the PSP-Go - but that doesn't apply to me, as I have the PSP 3000 and I don't need a PSP-Go!

I will buy the retail edition of GTPSP and I hope by then I would know the release date for GT5! :sly:

Black I have to admit I notice a bit of what might be classified as "reckless" enthusiasm coming from you. :) There's absolutely no reason to think there'll be a separate GT5 conference today or tomorrow, must be careful stating things like this here, people take them as fact *very* easily.

Amar's predictions were an age ago, maybe he was right then but in the world of Business things can changed quickly so Amar can't be blamed if this is the case so the people hating need to relax.

Black I have to admit I notice a bit of what might be classified as "reckless" enthusiasm coming from you. :) There's absolutely no reason to think there'll be a separate GT5 conference today or tomorrow, must be careful stating things like this here, people take them as fact *very* easily.

Reckless or not - nobody likes being let-down.

Promises and "insider Info" get all of us excited - and when they don't happen, we have to look at the Silver lining of other things to get through it all.

It's not the end of the world - but if they delay GT5 until next year - this forum will be a WARZONE.

Mark my words. :ill:

Why does everyone hail this amar he talks crap. Unless he works for P.D im not going to listen to word from him. Especially as he said its at gamescon and looked at what happened.:ouch:

GT5 Specification:

Black Chamber saves the day untill official transl:

■ models included
1,000 vehicles [I called it - 1,000+ vehicles!]
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, interior corresponds to damage)
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before]

■ Courses
60 courses confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed

■ physical simulation of vehicles
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover!]
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla

■ arcade mode
Single Race
2 player battle

■ GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test

■ Online
Open Lobby
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms

Online Photo Album
ONRAINRIPUREIARUBAMU
YouTube replay output

■ Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■ Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP or PSP Go®
PUROGURESSHIBUDAUNRODO
Improved user interface
Continuous Play

■ Museums
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS

■ Sound
Custom soundtracks (PS3 hard-drive .Mp3 usage of songs)

■ User Interface
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track the movement of KOKUPITTOKAMERA interface (confirmed in three dimensions can be furnished)

nws12506063473568327.jpg

nws12506063474317384.jpg

nws12506063473942805.jpg

nws12506063474675442.jpg

nws12506063475033054.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d3499.html

Last edited:
So does that mean only 170 cars have damage and interior view? Sorry my broken English isn't the best.

"170 premium model of types (correspondence to interior and damage)
830 the standard model of types ('[gurantsurisumo] 4' the empty those which can give compatibility in the model which is taken over)"

I wonder what they mean by that. I really hope that doesn't mean only a 170 of the cars will have interiors.

Back