The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
I am European, never cared about NASSCAR for a dime, than played Nascar: From Dirt to Daytona on PS2 and from than on I agree 100% with your sig.

^^ How do you consider driving between180 and 200 mph, is setting in a car doing nothing? Plus you are doing this with cars less than a foot apart. I would have to pit just to change my underwear!! Or did i just misunderstand your post?

I really hope that PD get the subtleties of Oval racing, drafting and car set-up right.. because it should lead to some extremely close racing. Though I'd put money on the people who whine about ovals being the people that have to resort to tapping people round to win.

Excellent find, RoadRunner. I'm surprised that people are STILL discussing track count, but no one jumped on this:

Will we have Nascar and WRC championships in the game or just the cars?
KY: "There will be real Nascar races in the game. Nascar had necessary to be included in the game. Regarding WRC championship we have been trying to add it to series since long ago. Now we got it."
Am I the only one excited about the prospect of involved racing series in GT5? Online is cool and all, but some of us have better things to do than hunt around for either a server of clean casual drivers, or hunting for a club which doesn't demand that you show up at specific times or you're banned.

This is a step towards my much dreamed of Season Mode, in which you can race an entire series of races, not just five or ten, for a Championship. And this format would work superbly for online championships as well. Aren't you league builders looking for something like this to design racing leagues around? This should apply equally to street cars, tuners, race modded cars and race cars of every racing league in the game.

This in Gran Turismo would make it just about the only racing game you could ask for. Sure, other games are good too, but as an all-in-one package? Inconceivable! :D

^^ How do you consider driving between180 and 200 mph, is setting in a car doing nothing? Plus you are doing this with cars less than a foot apart. I would have to pit just to change my underwear!! Or did i just misunderstand your post?

Once again I'm not dogging on Nascar. I have respect for them. It was meant to be a joke. Obviously you guys didn't understand it as I didn't word it properly.

I'm not dogging on Nascar, I'm saying if I can make that much money, I'll do anything legally to get that cash.

I have no idea what you mean. I'm sorry, but this is not making much sense and I'm stopping here, as i've already violated the rule in my signature.

Perhaps someone could clarify what single player events he was referring to in the PSP version?

"Jackpot Race" and the like.

Hey guys, I can actually speak a good amount of Italian [I lived there with my family for about 8 years while my Father was stationed in Vicenza, Italy - I'm by no means fluent, but I could pass for a native for about a day or two :sly:] so I will take a stab at the video translation - specifically the 80 tracks answer. :sly:

@noob616:

Jeez thanks for thinking I'm stupid, the joke didn't go well :dunce:, that's all that matters now.

P.S. I'm gonna change my signature to: "Don't be an ass to people".

Thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited:
Former Nascar hater, converted by having awesome races on the high banks of Daytona, in GT5Prologue.

Sure Nascar may be saturated in the North American market, and you might not like the personalities that have flocked to the sport as fans, spectators and even drivers and crew members, but the fact of the matter is that Oval racing is an intense form of competition, that is extremely rewarding for the people involved. Add full bodied, high HP, heavy cars, and various types of Ovals, from Superspeedays, tri-Ovals, low banking and even short courses, and there's a lot of good fun, competitive racing to be had.

Sure driving a car around an Oval alone might not present the biggest driving challenge you've ever had, and it's not as technically demanding as a hot lap of the Nurburgring, but throw a dozen cars on the track around you, and go at it for 30-40 laps, and the level of difficulty rises quickly. Do it at 200mph, with tire wear, fuel consumption and damage, and you have one of the most intellectually involved forms of racing. (Ironic, I know)

I'm a die hard road racing fan. I love attacking a race track, but good door to door racing is good racing, whether the road turns a lot or not.

Anyone else notice that the 800PP world event at Daytona was the busiest event we've had at the pro level, in a good long time. Must be pretty boring then :D

^Hey man Nascar gets annoying too cause SpeedTV broadcasts majority of the time, but if its anybody I respect in Nascar its gotta be Dale Earnhardt (RIP) and Tony Stewart. Stewart should go to F1 and do his Old Spice commercials there.

^Hey man Nascar gets annoying too cause SpeedTV broadcasts majority of the time, but if its anybody I respect in Nascar its gotta be Dale Earnhardt (RIP) and Tony Stewart. Stewart should go to F1 and do his Old Spice commercials there.
Does Stewart still participate in the IRL, or has he quit?

Trust me even NASCAR fans hate how much NASCAR they show on Speed. Fox ruined that channel.

Also, could Stewart even fit in an F1 car, maybe with come Crisco.

@ McLaren, he hasn't done IRL in about 10 years.

throw a dozen cars on the track around you, and go at it for 30-40 laps, and the level of difficulty rises quickly. Do it at 200mph, with tire wear, fuel consumption and damage, and you have one of the most intellectually involved forms of racing. (Ironic, I know)
Do you mean 12 cars total, or 13? Okay, poor attempt at humor there. ;)

But we need more posters like you. Yes, watching NASCAR can be a nap inducer if you prefer road courses like we do, but that all changes when you're actually racing flat out with either humins or bots around you on an oval. It's not so easy you can do it in your sleep. Heck, grab any reasonably powerful car in Prologue and start a race on Daytona with 15 bots, and it's really pretty darn cool. The first time I raced the F1 car, I didn't change position at all! All the techniques you might use to fudge your way through a race, whether late braking or whatever, are stripped away. You really need to focus on every aspect of your race, or you won't get anywhere.

Oval racing is still my least favorite, but it's not boring by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm seriously looking forward to what Kazunori-dono has in mind for the racing championships, even in NASCAR.

@ McLaren, he hasn't done IRL in about 10 years.

I could have sworn he raced at the Indianapolis 500 a few years ago & right after the race, went directly to a Nascar race. Showed him getting into a helicopter in the infield to fly over. :dunce:

I hope PD fixed the drafting for NASCAR, because in GT5P it's too exaggerated. You can be a quarter away from the car ahead on the back stretch of Daytona Oval and already be catching the draft. Way too easy.

My take on the translation:

Multiplayer.it: When will Gran Turismo 5 release?
Kazunori Yamauchi: The game is still under development, but it's release isn't too far away. It will launch after GTPSP releases and most likely, it will be a simultaneous world-wide release.

Multiplayer.it: What about the list of game features that were published on the official Japanese site that stated "1000 cars", "80 tracks" and "YouTube replay upload"?
Kazunori Yamauchi: We would like to wait to publish the full list of features, but what you read on the site is true. [*note* I guess it was in part, intentional that even a partial list of the GT5 features was published after all - PD is teasing us with the parts we don't know! :sly:]

Multiplayer.it: Regarding Gran Turismo 5, will there be something new in the single player mode?
Kazunori Yamauchi: Yes, Yes - if you look at the PSP version, you will see that the game modes are very different from previous Gran Turismo versions. Gran Turismo 5 will have many similar features found in the PSP version.

Multiplayer.it: How does damage influence the gameplay?
Kazunori Yamauchi: The damage is not only visible, but it will affect the handling of the vehicle. It really depends on the player; some players will like it, others will not.

Multiplayer.it: Will we have full Nascar and WRC championships in the game, or just the cars?
Kazunori Yamauchi: There will be full Nascar races in the game. I felt is was necessary to include Nascar in the game. Regarding the WRC championship, we have been trying to add it to series for a while now and finally, we have it.

Kazunori Yamauchi: [he says something about GT5P and it's display resolution, then back to GT5] I can say that the game will run in 1080p and at 60fps.

RoadRunner99's translation was really good.

Great job RoadRunner99! 👍

Last edited:
First wind whispers that final reunion will happen thirty nights before twelve months pass and that all winds from the whole world will reunite in the same moment for the first time.

KY "The game is still under development but its release is not too far, it will be after the PSP GT release and, very probably, it will be a simultaneous world release"

The winds are screaaaaammiiiiiinnnnngggg!!!!!!

Excellent find, RoadRunner. I'm surprised that people are STILL discussing track count, but no one jumped on this:

Am I the only one excited about the prospect of involved racing series in GT5? Online is cool and all, but some of us have better things to do than hunt around for either a server of clean casual drivers, or hunting for a club which doesn't demand that you show up at specific times or you're banned.

This is a step towards my much dreamed of Season Mode, in which you can race an entire series of races, not just five or ten, for a Championship. And this format would work superbly for online championships as well. Aren't you league builders looking for something like this to design racing leagues around? This should apply equally to street cars, tuners, race modded cars and race cars of every racing league in the game.

This in Gran Turismo would make it just about the only racing game you could ask for. Sure, other games are good too, but as an all-in-one package? Inconceivable! :D

Thanks, I lurk here, mostly, and save most of my writing and arguing for the NA PSN boards. I've done quite well by GT, I'd say

Very interested in some form of calendar based career.

I noticed in the screen shots that both GTPSP and GT5 have a 'Profiles' section. Pure speculation, but if they went with a system where you as the player have control of several drivers (under that profiles system) When you go driving, you select one of your drivers to use. That driver would then acquire skills based on the kinds of racing he/she participates in. These drivers could also be used for B-Spec mode.

That way, a calendar/seasonal racing career
could represent racing league ladders for each of the major disciplines of racing. Committing a driver to series would occupy a lot of that drivers time, meaning they would develop more of the skills earned, say rally racing, because they were committed to climbing the rally ladder. Of course, off seasons would present opportunities to expand a drivers resume.

A sponsorship system could place a premium on finishing well consistently, and penalize poor driving by losing support. Running seasons would require a minimum budget, with sponsorship potentially covering most or all of those costs. Eventually your drivers can climb to the top of their disciplines, and achieve a superstar status. At that point, sponsors would be willing to fund serious racing ventures in other forms of racing.

That'd be awesome :drool:

There are many winds blowing in the air right now, and every one of them is telling its own tale...

most ridiculous thing ever. it reads like nostradamus's prophecies which proven to be false or actually a bunch of random bulls***. :rolleyes:

As I have said before, his "tales" are so vague and have so many different translations that one of them is bound to be right.

Thanks, I lurk here, mostly, and save most of my writing and arguing for the NA PSN boards. I've done quite well by GT, I'd say

Very interested in some form of calendar based career.

I noticed in the screen shots that both GTPSP and GT5 have a 'Profiles' section. Pure speculation, but if they went with a system where you as the player have control of several drivers (under that profiles system) When you go driving, you select one of your drivers to use. That driver would then acquire skills based on the kinds of racing he/she participates in. These drivers could also be used for B-Spec mode.

That way, a calendar/seasonal racing career
could represent racing league ladders for each of the major disciplines of racing. Committing a driver to series would occupy a lot of that drivers time, meaning they would develop more of the skills earned, say rally racing, because they were committed to climbing the rally ladder. Of course, off seasons would present opportunities to expand a drivers resume.

A sponsorship system could place a premium on finishing well consistently, and penalize poor driving by losing support. Running seasons would require a minimum budget, with sponsorship potentially covering most or all of those costs. Eventually your drivers can climb to the top of their disciplines, and achieve a superstar status. At that point, sponsors would be willing to fund serious racing ventures in other forms of racing.

That'd be awesome :drool:

That sounds awesome for B-spec mode. I hope they improve B-spec mode to something like what you have posted, That's the next big step for the mode.

I could have sworn he raced at the Indianapolis 500 a few years ago & right after the race, went directly to a Nascar race. Showed him getting into a helicopter in the infield to fly over. :dunce:

Yes he did. You are correct.

Back