GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
I tell you, both Sony and PD are very concerned after this post of you.

I talked with both Kaz Hirai and Kazunori Yamauchi on the phone on conference call this very minute, and they have gave me strong assurances they will do whatever they can in order to not become joke for you.

You are so important.

Sony and PD are really there where they are because before today they didn't know nothing about anything.

They told me to thank you for changing their perspective of reality, market, economy, strategy, investments, fundings, license deals, priorities, strategic development and overall company politics - forever.

You are just too kind.

Not cool, "mate". 👎

It's pretty understandable when people are just pissed and "let it out" quite..well..."irrational".

Well that is your opinion. You clearly stated it as fact though. Just thought I would piont that out.

Oh not another one :rolleyes:

Is my opinion wrong? No, because it's my opinion. Is your opinion wrong? No, because it's your opinion. Something that is true is a fact.

It is a fact that GT3 is the best in the series. I know this, because I said it and it cannot be contradicted. It is a fact that (whatever GT game you think) is the best in the series. You know this, because you will say it and it cannot be contradicted.

Incidentally, until I came to replay them all over the last 24 hours, I thought GT2 was the best. Funny old world, isn't it?

Now if you're done trying to stir up trouble by being "smart", can we all get on with our lives?

Over the last 24 hours, I've driven a few races in all of the previous GT releases. GT3 is the best of them, followed by GT1, GT4, GT5P and, last of all, GT2.

Absolutely 100% Correct!

GT3 was an incredible achievement as well, for the time.

;)

Absolutely 100% Correct!

GT3 was an incredible achievement as well, for the time.

;)

[joke]The vomiting....it won't cease![/joke]:drool:

And as Famine already stated, GT2 might take the cake. It's definitely more fun than the 3rd installment.

If the introduction of rally wasn't cool enough, we had the Vector M12!

Do you think Tourist Trophy took their time or prevent to release of GT5?

and GTPSP also. These guys in PD cant make 2 titles in the same time?
I wish i could learn When did they Started to develop to GT5
Tourist Trophy was released in 2006. GT5 prologue Japanese version was released with 34 cars and 5 tracks on 24th december 2007.LAter GT5 Pal version was released in March April in 2008.. They promised and said (whatever you say) We will support GT5 prologue as online structure friend list damage etc..They didnt do that. IF GT5 uses different engine or advanced engine of GT5p,,it will release later we think. They have been using their full force since GTPSP out date at least it must be begining of 2009...
And
These ACADEMIES make me sick..ITs not my dream..i dont want to see Kazus dream comes to life or His races.. I dont care about Kazus dreams or his purpose,,Only i wanted to see That game..IF you didnt do GT5 let me know it.

Last edited:
I wonder what happened to those short development times? It seems as if PD released GT, GT2 and GT3 within just a few years. And what is it 8 years later and we have only had the one game since which was GT4. I'm just hoping that they bring out GT6 a lot sooner than 5 years down the line.

I wonder what happened to those short development times? It seems as if PD released GT, GT2 and GT3 within just a few years. And what is it 8 years later and we have only had the one game since which was GT4. I'm just hoping that they bring out GT6 a lot sooner than 5 years down the line.

Gran Turismo (Japan): December 23rd, 1997

1 year, 11 months, 18 days later....

Gran Turismo 2 (Japan): December 11th, 1999

1 year, 4 months, 18 days later....

Gran Turismo 3 (Japan): April 28th, 2001

3 years, 8 months later....

Gran Turismo 4 (Japan): December 28th, 2004

5 years, 10 months (for argument's sake)

Gran Turismo 5: October 28th, 2010 (for argument's sake)

How many years to complete Gran Turismo 6?

My guess: 2-3 years. Closer to 2 than 3.

i prefer gt3 than gt4..It has fun rally events and smooth camera angles.GT3 best seller in Gt series even if it has 160 cars
I still miss Smokey moutanin and Complex String

I'm with you.Even car models were better in-game.And it's last SIMPLE'n'GOOD GranTurismo.It reminds me very first Gran Turismo.So silent...We play it not because of number of cars and tracks.Just the game!

Hey, I cannot sway ones opinion. But if you sincerely believe GT3 is the best, imagine if it had gotten more production time. Imagine if it had gotten 2 years..or even 3 like GT4!
"Gran Turismo 2000 was a demo on display at E3 in 2000/2001 promoting the Gran Turismo franchise as well as the capabilities of the PlayStation 2. Due to a delay in the release date, the name of the full version of the game was changed to Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec."

Polyphony began the development of the next GT in PS2 before the finish of GT2 in 1999. Was a paralel project at the time to get it ready close to the PS2 launch, like GTHD for PS3.

Do you think Tourist Trophy took their time or prevent to release of GT5?

Everybody probably already knows that TT was created as a side-project by an employee given permission to do so within a very short timeframe and a set deadline a long time ago, so no it hasn't prevented GT5 from being released or being delayed.

Gran Turismo (Japan): December 23rd, 1997

1 year, 11 months, 18 days later....

Gran Turismo 2 (Japan): December 11th, 1999

1 year, 4 months, 18 days later....

Gran Turismo 3 (Japan): April 28th, 2001

3 years, 8 months later....

Gran Turismo 4 (Japan): December 28th, 2004

5 years, 10 months (for argument's sake)

Gran Turismo 5: October 28th, 2010 (for argument's sake)

Reason of PS3 to hard for development

Yes, I was pointing out, using historical data, that fall is not a release time for throwing away titles, but is when large titles are released by all three console makers, as well as many third-party developers.

AKA, the notion that Sony would be throwing away GT5 by releasing it in the fall is baseless and false, and is not any form of evidence that we won't see it until 2011.

As far as I can tell, only call of duty7 and medal of honor are worth buying this fall, besides GT5.

Over the last 24 hours, I've driven a few races in all of the previous GT releases. GT3 is the best of them, followed by GT1, GT4, GT5P and, last of all, GT2.

I've only played (briefly) GT2, GT4 and now GT5:P. Never get my hands on GT1 or GT3. Can you please develop a little bit more your opinion about the GT3 game?

(and no, I'm not trying to stir problems. I'm asking this honestly)

As far as I can tell, only call of duty7 and medal of honor are worth buying this fall, besides GT5.
Chances are that will change at E3. I have no data to back this up, but it seems like E3 is when a lot of games get the "launching this fall" line. I know that is when Forza 3's fall release was officially announced last year.

I've only played (briefly) GT2, GT4 and now GT5:P. Never get my hands on GT1 or GT3. Can you please develop a little bit more your opinion about the GT3 game?

Sure.

The handling model is one of the closest to reality, even including GT5P. Though it is hamstrung by excessively grippy tyres, it can be dialled out with harder tyres :D Graphically it is almost as good as GT4 at least in the car modelling - though the tracks aren't exactly shabby - and represents easily the biggest leap in visual quality in the series. Comparing GT2 to GT3 graphically is just as stunning today as it was in 2001. There's a good spread of cars and they're well utilised - there isn't quite the overkill of GT2 or GT4 (all the people counting their 1,000 GT5 cars... have they driven all the 600+ in GT2 and 700+ in GT4? I know I have) or the Japancentric feel of GT1. The varying GT mode competitions aren't as fussy as GT2 (seriously, one "series" of three races requires three different licences [A, IC & IB] and three different car specifications [maxima of 295hp, 443hp and 493hp) nor is there the vast excess of prize cars where, in GT2, you practically get a car every time you win a race.

Oh and the rubber-banding in GT2 is ridiculous. Mind you, it's not much better in GT3 (anyone remember my "Worst Car Wins" series? :D), but having stock J-spec cars keeping up with a 940hp racer - that I'm also driving with ease - is utterly insane.

For GT Mode, GT2 is the best (most classes of race with appropriate opponents.

For Driving physics, GT3 takes it.

For Content, Graphics and because of the Nurburgring and C de La Sarthe, GT4 takes it.

Sure.

The handling model is one of the closest to reality, even including GT5P. Though it is hamstrung by excessively grippy tyres, it can be dialled out with harder tyres :D Graphically it is almost as good as GT4 at least in the car modelling - though the tracks aren't exactly shabby - and represents easily the biggest leap in visual quality in the series. Comparing GT2 to GT3 graphically is just as stunning today as it was in 2001. There's a good spread of cars and they're well utilised - there isn't quite the overkill of GT2 or GT4 (all the people counting their 1,000 GT5 cars... have they driven all the 600+ in GT2 and 700+ in GT4? I know I have) or the Japancentric feel of GT1. The varying GT mode competitions aren't as fussy as GT2 (seriously, one "series" of three races requires three different licences [A, IC & IB] and three different car specifications [maxima of 295hp, 443hp and 493hp) nor is there the vast excess of prize cars where, in GT2, you practically get a car every time you win a race.

Oh and the rubber-banding in GT2 is ridiculous. Mind you, it's not much better in GT3 (anyone remember my "Worst Car Wins" series? :D), but having stock J-spec cars keeping up with a 940hp racer - that I'm also driving with ease - is utterly insane.

For GT Mode, GT2 is the best (most classes of race with appropriate opponents.

For Driving physics, GT3 takes it.

For Content, Graphics and because of the Nurburgring and C de La Sarthe, GT4 takes it

Ok. Thanks for your reply.👍

You forgot to Camera Angles..Better than Stuck GT4 camera..You can see side of car in GT3... RAlly events more fun than GT4..

I tell you, both Sony and PD are very concerned after this post of you.

I talked with both Kaz Hirai and Kazunori Yamauchi on the phone on conference call this very minute, and they have gave me strong assurances they will do whatever they can in order to not become joke for you.

You are so important.

Sony and PD are really there where they are because before today they didn't know nothing about anything.

They told me to thank you for changing their perspective of reality, market, economy, strategy, investments, fundings, license deals, priorities, strategic development and overall company politics - forever.

You are just too kind.

I'm already glad I got you to talk.
But anyway.

I know my post doesn't mean anything, and won't change anything.
But I'm just trying to explain how everything looks to me last months.
A year ago... I was really longing for Gran Turismo 5...
I wanted it just SO bad. But It makes me sad that today,
I still want GT5, but I don't long for it anymore..

And it's not that I don't know anything of economics, market , economy, strategy, investments, fundings etc. I'm a student commercial engineer, so don't underestimate my marketing knowledge. PD is just a monopolist. They've created their own market, which is almost unaccessible to others.

It's just.. I actually don't have time to play games,
studying .. and a social life, take lots of time.
But Gran Turismo is normally the only game I want to make time for.

I respect PD for all their hard work and attention to detail.
I'm actually a perfectionist myself.

But in modern times, it's not about just making a good...
It's about getting a connection with customers, provide service, get feedback... PD have made a lot improvent on these subjects latest years, but there's still a lot of work to do. Customers feel ignored.

There just need to be deadlines. And memo's in between... no silence

GT2 was the best GT ever, the tracks, cars and events were all set up to let you enjoy the hell out of that game. After finishing GT1 and running a lap in that "HD" mode, I was eager for more, so GT2 just came in and fullfilled my automotive dreams with passion and hours of fun. Ahhh, the grand valley endurances, the Trial Mountains 493hp competitions...... GT2 still holds the crown in my opinion.

There s still no Track list or other features..
I suppose it must have escaped your notice that E3 is still more than six weeks off...

Seriously, if Kaz spilled the beans on what GT5 has for us as far as cars, tracks and features, just what is supposed to be The Big Surprise at E3?

"To celebrate the coming release of GT5 this year, I have bought a new car, and all new wardrobe." :lol:

IF you didnt do GT5 let me know it.
Someone either needs to stop drinking or doing illegal substances...

As for the epic battle over GT3 vs 4 supremacy, I'm a little perplexed over why so many people feel GT3 is better. The cars feel more substantial in GT4, can't fly around turns like they can in GT3, and front wheel drive and mid-engined cars behave more the way they should. GT3 was definitely a blast, but it was a pretty small bang, and I thought that GT4's physics, flawed though they were, felt more realistic. But then, maybe I should give it a whirl again this weekend.

It is a fact that GT3 is the best in the series.

I agree with you. GT3 is probably the most fun game in the series. And arguably has the best physics, and it's graphics aren't far behind GT4.

The replay value of GT3 was pathetic compared to both GT4 and GT2 though, that is it's main drawback. I like it when games take me months to complete. GT3 took me mere weeks (Though is still comparatively more than a lot of the games we see today, which usually fail to have >10 hours of gameplay).

👍 Exactly my thoughts. Though some people seem to assume development time is exponential, Saying "Omg PS7 will be out before GT6, GT5 will be on PS4 LolololOlol". But its not at all. The bulk of the GT5 production has been done, the graphics and physics engines, presumably the AI, and most of the work on damage and weather should be done by now too. The pushed back release is allowing them to work towards including such features like Dynamic Weather which Kaz was quoted as saying "I don't know if it will add to the experience, it might not be in the game" (or something along those lines). It was also rumoured that The Mclaren MP4-12C and the F1 GTR are in development. But the time it takes to model and test a car, they would not have been ready for the March release.

Reason of PS3 to hard for development

Well clearly the cell processor had implications, which meant the engine took longer to create and optimise to the hardware. The cell processor was a relatively new technology and before the PS3 was not really recognised in the gaming industry, different techniques and methods have to be used to get the most out of it, and those techniques/methods take time to learn. But GT6 is going to build upon GT5's engine. If GT6 is eventually released on the PS4 instead, there is rumour that the PS4 will not have a cell processor, more a traditional multi-core processor like you get in PCs today. If the PS4 does have a multi-core processor, then PD have the experience and the knowledge of working with that type of hardware to create an engine that utilises the hardware efficiently. The problem with the PS3 is more the lack of memory and processing power. An increase in hardware is most likely going to lead to more cars on the track and a higher level of graphic rendering, which can quite easily be implemented into the GT5 engine, even if GT6 is on a new console.

So whichever way you look at it, GT6 is going to have a shorter development span than GT5.

GT3's oversteer physics are much better than in GT4.
[joke]GT4 is the king in understeer physics[/joke]

Proto Motors Spirra. RUF CTR Yellowbird.

Last edited:
amar212: Very funny post and I'm sure it was intended to be just that whilst reminding people to keep things in perspective.

Not wanting to get anyone's hopes up but I've just spotted that next weeks edition of FirstPlay will feature Gran Turismo 5 although I believe this is only available in the UK. It is highly unlikely it will reveal any new information but I will probably be splashing the 99p on it next Thursday ;)

The replay value of GT3 was pathetic compared to both GT4 and GT2 though, that is it's main drawback. I like it when games take me months to complete. GT3 took me mere weeks (Though is still comparatively more than a lot of the games we see today, which usually fail to have >10 hours of gameplay).

Ooooh, I dunno. Thanks to GTTimes, I replayed GT3 for ever. Plus it had the ultimate version of the PD Cup.

Back