GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
GT 1 was the best in the series, followed by GT3. Sorry, but those who think otherwise are wrong :) Like Famine, I called KY and he told me so...really!

GT3 was the best game for me. It just had the flow, motivation to do all the races in a row. GT4 was better with Nordschleife, Le Mans, El Capitan. It was also better simulation with all the inertia feel and fight with understeer as well as oversteer. But unfortunately they did hide oversteer aspect of the game to most players by using S2 tyres as default. I can only hope they will never do this mistake again, every car should have its factory tyres and characteristics when bought. I lost motivation to complete GT4 somewhere around 66%, the game was just full of rooms that I never wanted to visit. Probably the worst was Mission hall where ride should be very exact but I never achieved many of them just because all assists were hard-enabled.

Last edited:
I think we can all say, every GT game was brilliant in it's own way.

I miss GT2, I haven't played it since 2000 when my simulation mode disc broke... :nervous:

GT3's oversteer physics are much better than in GT4.
[joke]GT4 is the king in understeer physics[/joke]

I disagree

In GT3 all the cars behave the same when they oversteer....it feels fake and arcadey

In GT4 use N1 to N3 tyres like they would have in real life and all cars feel different. Not all cars behaved the same. You want oversteer? Take a AC Cobra around on N3 :)
In GT4 some cars will fishtail, some snap back oversteer, some are very easy and predictable like the Holden Monaro and the AC cobra is a drift machine. With a wheel off course. GT4 had terrible controller control vs GT3 though, too much input smoothing I suspect. Very hard to hold a position on ovals.

I don't know where this GT4 = under steer thing came from.... yes FWD and 4WD cars under steered, but that's logical right?
the NSX is brilliantly neutral like it is in all games and real life.

Take a whole bunch of cars to Motorland in GT4, in arcade mode, use N2 to N3 tyres, which incidently allow the cars to replicate their real world stats, and do a whole bunch of time trials and note the differences... it's a nice short track, so you can do a lot of laps and cars in a short period of time, and the layout will tell you a lot about the handling of each car. RUFs are a real handful here....

Last edited:
Comparing my real life car to GT on realistic tyres it has got progressively more realistic from GT2 through to GT5p, imho. GT2 to GT3 was a big step, (that includes me switching to a steering wheel) but I felt GT3 to GT4 was an even bigger step and then GT5p again felt like more of a progression similar to GT2 to GT3. I really felt the GT Academy TT was a massive step from GT4 or GT5p though and am praying that this level of simulation is available in the full GT5.

Also I think it's odd the way people talk about AI following the racing line and how they don't like it, watch some GT2 replays and see what it looks like when the cars take their own lines. It looks like a bunch of amatuers. Watching later GT AI races is much more like watching professional racers, except without the consequences for bumping each other. And all this talk about racedrivers never driving into each other, I'm yet to watch an event on TV without an incident or several.

GT2 had all the right content for me, it explained the progression in a model over it's lifespan and gave interesting insight into what made each car worth trying. It just felt more about the cars. GT4 felt more about the tracks to me.

Graphically it is almost as good as GT4 at least in the car modelling - though the tracks aren't exactly shabby
I remember getting the GT3 demo with an issue of OPM. I can't remember the exact cars it came with (was the Yellow Bird one of them?), but I remember being in awe of Trial Mountain, specifically the sunlight shining through the trees. At the time I thought it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen :lol:

I never got to play much of GT2 very little infact. I never owned a PS at the time but did so much want GT back then ever since I played GT1 at a mates place. So although I can't compare GT2 to the others I'd have to say technically I think GT4 is better but I enjoyed GT3 a little more as far as play maybe because it was easier? I'm not sure but there were elements of GT4 that impressed me.

I used to use auto alot and when I did I like the fact I could manually hold the revs until I wanted to upshift thus kind of giving me a semi manual control. Seems like they took out that feature in GT5P, wasn't too happy about that. :grumpy:

I never got to play GT4, but of the first three I have to pick GT2... As was previously mentioned, it felt more car-centric. Ideally we'd have great cars and tracks, but if I had to choose I'd take average tracks and awesome cars over average cars and awesome tracks...

I never got to play GT4, but of the first three I have to pick GT2... As was previously mentioned, it felt more car-centric. Ideally we'd have great cars and tracks, but if I had to choose I'd take average tracks and awesome cars over average cars and awesome tracks...

Yup GT2 was my favorite also.

tumbleweede.jpg

^^^ You got dat right. Nothin'.

I actually picked up NFS Shift tonight, used for $15, but I already know that I'll keep playing GT4 after 30min of Shift frustration... Plllffffffff.

^^^ You got dat right. Nothin'.

I actually picked up NFS Shift tonight, used for $15, but I already know that I'll keep playing GT4 after 30min of Shift frustration... Plllffffffff.

You could have just ventured into the Shift section and asked me, or anyone else there to be honest, and we would have told you to save your moneyz.
:crazy:

You're right, and thanks a lot for the offer! 👍 I already feel dirty, and it hasn't even gone in the PS3 yet...

I thought everyone would have known by now that NFS Shift is pronounced with a silent "F":sly:

You could have just ventured into the Shift section and asked me, or anyone else there to be honest, and we would have told you to save your moneyz.
:crazy:

Surely not, that game can't be bad; the developers worked so hard on the graphics so that means it can't be a bad game, the media says so :sly:. Also it has a 'sense of speed' unrivalled by other games*!

*Because no other developer puts pointless, unrealistic and annoying features in their games that make you seem to be going faster than you are. Kind of like in Fast and the Furious, when they apply Nitrous and it looks like Warp Speed...

I'm already glad I got you to talk.
But anyway.

It was a joke, I really hope you got it that way 👍

Regards!

Over the last 24 hours, I've driven a few races in all of the previous GT releases. GT3 is the best of them, followed by GT1, GT4, GT5P and, last of all, GT2.

I agree. Even the horrid carousell prize-car rooster was not so horrid after you've once used to it.

GT3 was a techical masterpiece of it's time, it bring even console-to-console 2P racing - only for those who stood to thier PS2 with iLink port - and allowed 6-screen multiscreen setup, toghether with 6P iLink LAN racing.

Great graphics, great rooster of tracks (Rome, Clubman S5 with rain, great rally tracks) and it even had different times of day for tracks in reverse (Gran Valley and Deep Forest being most noticable, but all reverse tracks had somewhat changed lightining).

I agree about the handling model, only shame today is that it does not allow 900 steering input.

And when we're mentioning GT3, all it's production efforts and the part that led to it's develompent - and many does not know it was the first GT game that was developed in strong cooperation with Logitech, built from the wheel to controller, not the opposite - can be seen in very rare documentary called Gran Turismo Attack.

So, Famine, maybe you have something to share with me? :)

Hey,

you can ban me or close my account after this post, I don't care, just show it... So anyway: am I the only one who finds Famine's posts a bit arrogant and all-knowing and his replies to others condescending just for sake of having his way not for making things clearer? Like he owns the GTPlanet or something. Those bolded violet posts always make me vomit a little...
Back to topic. Does anyone know, or was it hinted anywhere officialy, if GT5 will support sixaxis' motion sensors for car control (for those of us who don't have wheel). It would be nice, if not accurate, to control car with swaying of the wireless controller.

Of course I know it was a joke amar.
Although you could have been a little friendlier.
Because I got the impression you were trying to make fun of me.

Hey,

you can ban me or close my account after this post, I don't care, just show it... So anyway: am I the only one who finds Famine's posts a bit arrogant and all-knowing and his replies to others condescending just for sake of having his way not for making things clearer? Like he owns the GTPlanet or something. Those bolded violet posts always make me vomit a little...
Back to topic. Does anyone know, or was it hinted anywhere officialy, if GT5 will support sixaxis' motion sensors for car control (for those of us who don't have wheel). It would be nice, if not accurate, to control car with swaying of the wireless controller.

:lol: I'm sure you're not. It's your opinion and you have the right to have that opinion.

So anyway: am I the only one who finds Famine's posts a bit arrogant and all-knowing and his replies to others condescending just for sake of having his way not for making things clearer?

Probably not.

Those bolded violet posts always make me vomit a little...

Hope you have a bucket, because there's 30,000 of them. And here's another one. Have a free chunder on me!

So, Famine, maybe you have something to share with me? :)

As it happens, I do. There were technical difficulties, but I've overcome them. Just need a location in Croatia for me to be extremely careless as I passed through now.

As it happens, I do. There were technical difficulties, but I've overcome them. Just need a location in Croatia for me to be extremely careless as I passed through now.

Am I the only one who want's to know what this is? Spill the beans guys ;)

Hey,

:lol: Famine is GTPlanet's own Mourinho - the special one.

Am I the only one who want's to know what this is? Spill the beans guys

BTW, are you (Famine) allowed by now to reveal that car you've hinted a few weeks ago, or at least to spill some new more hints on in? (Or have you already reveal it and I completely missed it?)

Famine:

"Hope you have a bucket, because there's 30,000 of them. And here's another one. Have a free chunder on me!"

That reply pretty much answers my questions...
Vomiting is thankfully metaphorical, so no bucket is needed.
:)

What about sixaxis? Any info?

Latest Posts

Back