Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
LDP-R Group X Bellett 1600 GT-R
(241hp/180kw @ 7,400rpm) (244Nm/180ft-lbs @ 6,900rpm) (863kg) (PP)

specialstageroute5x.jpg

Description: This Isuzu has been kitted out to compete in the Group X Touring Car category in Class 2. Starting with the engine, it was worked and turbocharged to produce 241hp, which really gets the stripped out chassis weighing in at 863kg moving along nicely. The car is equipped with a fully adjustable racing suspension kit, racing gearbox and strengthened drivetrain. The pre-requisite roll cage is in place, and we've offered a setup for privateer racers should they wish to use it.

Base Model: Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R '69

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 8,000rpm
You'll want shorter gears for most tracks, I geared it to allow top speed in this set
Good news is it doubles as a road car
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.809
2nd: 1.798
3rd: 1.264
4th: 0.942
5th: 0.745
Final: 3.727
Max Speed: 320km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/15
Acceleration: 0/50
Deceleration: 0/20

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -35/-34
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 6.2/4.7
Dampers Extension: 4/4
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/3
Camber: 1.9/1.8
Toe: -0.10/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

Last edited:
Will the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 being in this Group X?

How about Audi quattro 82, BMW 2002 Turbo and VW Kramann Ghia?

A quattro could have 294kw at 1073kg.

Will the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 being in this Group X?

How about Audi quattro 82, BMW 2002 Turbo and VW Kramann Ghia?

A quattro could have 294kw at 1073kg.

I sure hope so. I hope I didn't accidentally set the bar too high for speed with this Isuzu (I realised after making it that not all cars can be turbocharged), but if I did I could always create a Class 3 for slower cars again (I may anyway yet, but not for a long time I imagine). The next one I'll be making is a '71 Skyline GT-R, the Giulia Sprint probably won't be far behind it. At this stage I'll probably focus on Class 2 until I have a nice little array of cars going for it so people can start using the format.

Hi Paulie!
Your tunes are awesome, man! You really prefer the same "feeling" like me about how the cars should run properly. Big respect for your work!!!

Is there a chance to get a tune for the MASERATI GRANTURISMO S '08 from you?
i just love that beautiful italian diva.
Would you give her a try?

The "Group X Touring Cars"-idea is very cool.
So that also means, the RUF BTR '86 will be in Group X Class 1, right? Or is it too mighty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I was doing this for RKM also. I'm willing to provide you guys some of my cars for tuning. I'll just be duping them.

My first attempt at parity matching a car has gone horribly..........awesome!:dopey: The 1970 Skyline GT-R I'm about to release clocked identical laps to the tenth to the Isuzu at 3 of the 4 tracks and only one tenth difference at the fourth. I'm quite chuffed with that.

Hi Paulie!
Your tunes are awesome, man! You really prefer the same "feeling" like me about how the cars should run properly. Big respect for your work!!!

Is there a chance to get a tune for the MASERATI GRANTURISMO S '08 from you?
i just love that beautiful italian diva.
Would you give her a try?

The "Group X Touring Cars"-idea is very cool.
So that also means, the RUF BTR '86 will be in Group X Class 1, right? Or is it too mighty?

Cheers mate.:) Time will tell on the RUF, Class 1 will use Racing Hard tyres most likely, and I can't see why the BTR won't be able to compete, so long as I can make the slower cars as fast as the BTR which I'm thinking I will be able to it should be fine.
I'm pretty busy with Group X stuff at the moment but if I get a chance some time soon I'll take a look at the Maser.

Since muscle cars were mentioned a RUF BTR 86 doesn`t sound unfair, although they probably can`t corner as well as a Porsche.

Which year is a F 288B again? pre '87?

Muscle cars manage pretty well in the Australian Touring Car Masters series against the older 911s. Although they are in different classes.:embarrassed: What's an F 288B?:lol:

Hey, I was doing this for RKM also. I'm willing to provide you guys some of my cars for tuning. I'll just be duping them.

Thanks for the offer but I should be right, I presently have over $5million so I can get pretty much any road car I like.

I'm liking the sound of the Group X Touring Cars. Great stuff as usual guys.

Thankyou.:)

LDP-R Group X Skyline 2000GT-R KPGC10
(234hp/174kw @ 7,000rpm) (272Nm/201ft-lbs @ 5,000rpm) (936kg) (PP)

grandvalleyspeedway.jpg

Description: This classic Skyline has been given new life in the form of a Group X Class 2 touring car. The entire vehicle has been revamped with racing gear, from the adjustable suspension, LSD and gearbox to the turbocharged 2.0L 6 cylinder. The turbo is only a small one running low boost, but the car still produces a respectable 234hp motivating the 936kg car. The chassis has excellent stability and would be a good car for newer drivers to the series.

Base Model: Nissan Skyline HT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 7,000rpm
You may want shorter gears for most tracks, I geared it to allow top speed in this set

Settings:

Body/Chassis:

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 2.678
2nd: 1.724
3rd: 1.216
4th: 0.909
5th: 0.720
Final: 4.444
Max Speed: 310km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 0/10
Acceleration: 0/40
Deceleration: 0/5

Ride Height: -30/-28
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.0/5.8
Dampers Extension: 5/5
Dampers Compression: 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 1.8/1.5
Toe: -0.10/+0.15

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/5

Last edited:
I'm pretty busy with Group X stuff at the moment but if I get a chance some time soon I'll take a look at the Maser.

I second the Maserati request. I'd love to see you guys work your magic on that car. At the same time, I'm definitely looking forward to more of these Group X tunes being released. Going to try these first two as soon as possible.

Australian Touring Car Masters sounds like Iceland Soccer League :scared:

oooooppps i meant F 512BB and it`s 1976 - so much numbers with GT5 :dopey:

How do you draw a soccer comparison from muscle cars vs 911s?:lol: And yes the 512 BB will definitely be in it. In fact, just to show how keen I was on this idea, you can go waaaay back to my GT5:P garage and find a 512 BB mock-up touring car.

Edit: Just had a look at the Giulia, it's freaking light! This could make parity a little more difficult to attain than the Skyline. I'm not saying impossible or anything, just that it'll require more work.:sly:

Edit 2: Finished off the Giulia today. I'll have to post it when I have time. The Isuzu and Skyline were more alike, the Skyline had more stability and torque, but the Isuzu had more front end bite and top end punch and they equalled out perfectly. The Alfa, being lighter as it is, was better in the twisties but lacked the outright acceleration of the other two. Also due to its lightness, it wasn't as good over bumpy tracks, but the difference is minor and it should/will equal out, especially with drafting involved. That's what will be great about this series too, the cars are going to be different and the driver must play on his own car's strengths.

Last edited:
LDP M3 HHP Predator Edition

(518bhp @ 9,100rpm) (48kgfm @ 4,600rpm) (1342kg)

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Very nice car Boys, I had a go at this thing the other day and was mighty impressed.

For starters I'm a fan of just drivin these type of cars straight out of the box as Paul knows, But I must say the rush that I got from this car was awesome!.. The LDP/M3-PE was great to drive and never failed to impress didn't matter what was thrown in front of it or how fast it was thrown at it..

Nice work gents,
:sly:

Last edited:
Hi Paulie! Long time no talk :)

Loved your tunes in Prologue, hopefully I'll be able to use LDP tunes now in GT5, and I'll make sure to review them if I do 👍 I already see some tunes there I must try out!!

Love you idea about Group X Touring Cars and I'll try to join in if the times suit me. Make sure you give the Shelby GT350R some love for the Class 1 if you can :sly:

Very nice car Boys, I had a go at this thing the other day and was mighty impressed.

For starters I'm a fan of just drivin these type of cars straight out of the box as Paul knows, But I must say the rush that I got from this car was awesome!.. The LDP/M3-PE was great to drive and never failed to impress didn't matter what was thrown in front of it or how fast it was thrown at it..

Nice work gents,

Awesome 👍, glad you enjoyed the car. I was a little unsure how it would go down and whether I'd been to conservative, so this feedback is very reassuring :).

Hey guys

I've been using the Acura with your tune and it's awesome, so good if fact, that it's difficult getting in another car.

I was wondering if you were planning on tuning the YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R?

Laters 👍

Nice work gents,

Great to see you in here Craig.:)

Hi Paulie! Long time no talk :)

Loved your tunes in Prologue, hopefully I'll be able to use LDP tunes now in GT5, and I'll make sure to review them if I do 👍 I already see some tunes there I must try out!!

Love you idea about Group X Touring Cars and I'll try to join in if the times suit me. Make sure you give the Shelby GT350R some love for the Class 1 if you can :sly:

Long time indeed, how you doing? The Shelby should hopefully make it in, any idea what power level it reaches with max tuning?

Awesome 👍, glad you enjoyed the car. I was a little unsure how it would go down and whether I'd been to conservative, so this feedback is very reassuring :).

You call over 500hp with downforce conservative?:sly::lol:

As a reaally old console racing fan, I applaud your posts. Well done and many thanks. You guys make my day 👍. the Stuzer (forced_air).

Thanks, appreciate it.:)

Hey guys

I've been using the Acura with your tune and it's awesome, so good if fact, that it's difficult getting in another car.

I was wondering if you were planning on tuning the YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R?

Laters 👍

That's great to hear with the Acura. I can't say I do have any current plans for a Super GT GT-R, I've mostly been using a Castrol Supra or Stealth NSX.

You call over 500hp with downforce conservative?:sly::lol:

In this case yes, it's a remarkably easy car to drive I find and I have to really try to push beyond the limit particularly at higher speeds. Maybe that's just me, but this is one of my easiest cars to drive for me.

LDP-R Group X Giulia Sprint GTA
(212hp/158kw @ 6,700rpm) (231Nm/170ft-lbs @ 6,700rpm) (675kg) (PP)

circuitodemadridz.jpg

Description: The Group X Giulia has arrived, with our team having just finished the competition grade upgrade recently. Powered by a 212hp turbo 4, and weighing less than a supermodel, it relies on its handling to make its opponents fear. Full Group X safety equipment and chassis gear was installed, this one's ready to race.

Base Model: Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tuner's Notes:
Use all available revs (at least with these longer gears anyway)
You'll want shorter gears for most tracks, I geared it to allow top speed in this set
A trickier car to get the most out of, it makes its ground up in the twisty bits rather than with brute force acceleration thanks to its super low weight
Good news is it doubles as a road car, and for non-Group X purposes you could probably get away with a smidge more power

Settings:

Body/Chassis:

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 2.326
2nd: 1.507
3rd: 1.066
4th: 0.799
5th: 0.635
Final: 4.555
Max Speed: 300km/hr

Initial Torque: 0/14
Acceleration: 0/38
Deceleration: 0/20

Ride Height: -20/-19
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.5/3.6
Dampers Extension: 4/4
Dampers Compression: 2/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 1.8/1.6
Toe: -0.08/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/3

Last edited:
LDP Camaro ZL1 Predator Edition
(542hp/404kw @ 6,500rpm) (673Nm @ 5,000rpm) (1318kg)

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 0/20

Transmission:
1st: 3.457
2nd: 2.260
3rd: 1.621
4th: 1.222
5th: 0.968
6th: 0.806
Final: 3.450
Max Speed: 360km/hr

Initial Torque: 0/8
Acceleration: 0/45

Ride Height: -25/-23
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 8.5/6.5
Dampers Extension: 5/6
Dampers Compression: 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 2.0/1.6
Toe: -0.08/+0.15

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/6​

Disclaimer: Both the LDP as well as the RKM tunes were tested with a power rating of 592HP.
This includes max upgrades for everything with the exception being:
Semi-Racing Exhaust was used rather than Full Racing Exhaust
Zero Engine Tuning Upgrades.

Test Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Best Lap: 1:55.930
Entry: After the learning curve of sports tires, I suppose the entry is on par with what the tires will allow. Car seems balanced on entry, but doesn't quite turn in enough for my liking, but again, this may be the tires not the tune.

Middle: Understeer. The center of the turn, made me realize the entry wasn't just the tires. The car is tight for me, from the entry, which is then carried through the center of the turn.

Exit: I can't put my finger on it, but I had an issue with the rear end staying behind the car when I'd get back to the gas, regardless of my discipline to feathering. Now, it didn't feel like an LSD issue, and neither tire showed up red, when I was experiencing this. It's almost as if the rear of the car was steering the front of the car. I assume it may be due to the slightly higher than normal rear toe on this tune, but I can't say for sure. I tried to use this to help through the center, by entering slower, and accelerating through the apex and out of the corner, to try and take advantage of this tendency, but it was definitely a tight rope situation, where one slip up, and you're down for the count.

Overall I'm not really sure what to say. I'm going to compare this to RKM's tune and see if these quirks are part of the tune, the car, or maybe just the tires. Based on what I experience with RKM's, I might throw some Racing Hard tires on, and re-test both tunes, to see if I can add some helpful information for you.​

Last edited:
LDP-R Group X Giulia Sprint GTA
(212hp/158kw @ 6,700rpm) (231Nm @ 6,700rpm) (675kg)

circuitodemadridz.jpg

Got the picture for the Group X Giulia, who knew Madrid had such a good photo location? Plus here is a sneak peak of the next Group X Class 2 battler.
trialmountaincircuit.jpg

Test Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Best Lap: 1:57.795

Entry: After the learning curve of sports tires, I suppose the entry is on par with what the tires will allow. Car seems balanced on entry, but doesn't quite turn in enough for my liking, but again, this may be the tires not the tune.

Middle: Understeer. The center of the turn, made me realize the entry wasn't just the tires. The car is tight for me, from the entry, which is then carried through the center of the turn.

Exit: I can't put my finger on it, but I had an issue with the rear end staying behind the car when I'd get back to the gas, regardless of my discipline to feathering. Now, it didn't feel like an LSD issue, and neither tire showed up red, when I was experiencing this. It's almost as if the rear of the car was steering the front of the car. I assume it may be due to the slightly higher than normal rear toe on this tune, but I can't say for sure. I tried to use this to help through the center, by entering slower, and accelerating through the apex and out of the corner, to try and take advantage of this tendency, but it was definitely a tight rope situation, where one slip up, and you're down for the count.

Overall I'm not really sure what to say. I'm going to compare this to RKM's tune and see if these quirks are part of the tune, the car, or maybe just the tires. Based on what I experience with RKM's, I might throw some Racing Hard tires on, and re-test both tunes, to see if I can add some helpful information for you.

To me it does sound like you're used to Racing tyres, but anyways. From other reviews I've heard, the RKM version will turn-in better but be less stable on entry, and mine will turn better mid corner/corner exit but (apparently) be harder to control (I find it an easy and beautiful car to drive anyway). Thanks for the decent review.👍

LDP-R Group X Corvette Z06 C1
(286hp/213kw @ 4,700rpm) (492Nm/363ft-lbs @ 3,200rpm) (1089kg) (PP)

trialmountaincircuit.jpg

Description: The Group X Class 2 C1 Corvette is a brute in its class, relying on muscle to beat its opponents into submission. The engine is a naturally aspirated 3.9L 6cyl outputting a regulation 286hp, with torque to spare over its rivals. The flimsy old chassis has been braced and seam welded, although it still shows its age being over half a century old. The suspension is touring car spec, as is the driveline, allowing adjustability to extract the best from round to round.

Base Model: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 5,000rpm or just a smidge before
You'll want shorter gears for some tracks, I geared it to allow top speed in this set
It battles with understeer in places, but it's a trade-off between oversteer and understeer

Settings:

Body/Chassis:

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 2.246
2nd: 1.421
3rd: 0.992
4th: 0.735
5th: 0.578
Final: 4.000
Max Speed: 340km/hr

Initial Torque: 0/5
Acceleration: 0/42

Ride Height: -30/-28
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 6.5/4.8
Dampers Extension: 6/5
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/5
Camber: 1.8/1.4
Toe: -0.14/+0.05

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/7

Last edited:
To me it does sound like you're used to Racing tyres, but anyways. From other reviews I've heard, the RKM version will turn-in better but be less stable on entry, and mine will turn better mid corner/corner exit but (apparently) be harder to control (I find it an easy and beautiful car to drive anyway). Thanks for the decent review.👍

Yours is an easy and beautiful car to drive.

Mine just takes easy to trained-monkey-could-do-it levels. :sly: Interestingly though, this is the first test where your car posted the slower laptime of the two, and by a larger margin than it beat mine in previous tests (though the laptimes themselves were actually quite good).

Yours is an easy and beautiful car to drive.

Mine just takes easy to trained-monkey-could-do-it levels. :sly: Interestingly though, this is the first test where your car posted the slower laptime of the two, and by a larger margin than it beat mine in previous tests (though the laptimes themselves were actually quite good).

Hence the reason I hired Dragonistic in the first place, different tuning styles cater to different driving styles and I knew Dragonistic and I prefer (usually) different handling characteristics and have different driving styles- it adds to the depth we have to offer as a team.
Unless he just got used to Sports Tyres by the time he drove yours.:P

Unless he just got used to Sports Tyres by the time he drove yours.:P

I feel the majority of separation between the tunes, lies within the braking abilities. As per request, I'm trying to add multiple tracks to my reviews and comparisons, so I guess I can take them both to a new track.

Any track the 2 of you can agree on?
Laguna Seca, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, High Speed Ring or Suzuka are the tracks I'm mostly familiar with.

Don't suppose I can talk you guys into letting me up the tires on both tunes eh? lol

I tuned my car on Grand Valley, although I don't really remember my lap time from it. What I do know is confidence in that particular car's braking ability allowed me to push it very hard on Nurburgring.:lol: Based on past experiences between these two tunes, I'm going to chalk it up to driver preference.

I'd just like to apologise for my obvious lack of activity for LDP, exams are a real pain so I'm still stuck working away for another week or so potentially. I know I don't make much regularly, but I'm not normally this slow at bringing out new things. That said I have a few ideas to get more tunes out that people actually want rather than just cars I like which I will be discussing with Paulie for when I have more spare time.

Hey Paulie, glad to see your Tuning house is open (I'm sure to drop some GT credits in this store haha).

Haven't got much into the tuning side yet as I'm still slowly working my way through the game, but have decided today to start testing some cars.

Anyway goodluck with things, I hope to drop by some and see you out there on the track.
Cheers,
BroncosXR8

P.S Your not in QLD are you? If you are take care if its flooded near you :)

Back