F1 series 2005

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
Hi everyone, this is where the F1 series is happening!!!

This championship will be between 10 and 15 races, the races will vary between 10 and 20 laps (5 on the nurburgring).
It will run like the real F1 championship, 2 qualifying sessions, 1 on the friday, 1 on the saturday, your cumulative time from those 2 sessions is the one that counts not your fastest single lap, the driver with the fastest cumulative qualifying time will receive 1 extra points and the gap between him and the second fastest driver will be taken off of the final race time for the fastest driver.

Rules are simple, 2 wheels on track at all times, no wall riding, no cutting, tyres, set up, weight ballast etc is your choice.
You will need to save your replays of qualifying for definate and for the race i will need a screenshot but save your replay as well just in case.
If there is anyone who would like the job of verifying the times please let me know.
Races will be run in "Arcade Mode"
You are allowed multiple attempts but bear in mind that you will need to get your time in: A) qualifying 1 by Midnight friday, B) qualifying 2 by saturday midnight, C) race by sunday midnight.
If you need longer just PM me.

Ok, hopefully we will have 10 teams, 2 drivers per team (if we can get enough interest) you score points for yourself and the team, let me know what colour/team you want and i will update here. If you dont like the team names or want your own team name just tell me.
it will be the F1 point scoring:

1st: 10
2nd: 8
3rd: 6
4th: 5
5th: 4
6th: 3
7th: 2
8th: 1

Williams: Blue and White: Chrissims
Ferrari: Red: Cristiano
Jordan: Yellow: Nick_Johnston28
BAR: Blue and Purple
Mclaren: Silver and Black: F1lover
Minardi: Orange: A7X
Red Bull Racing: White, Red and Green: GT_Fan2005
Toyota: White: Blake
Renault: Green and Yellow: Drift260Z
Sauber: Blue and Black: 04Nissan350Z
This will not represent the final calendar, it is just a provisional as i would like to know what everyone else thinks as well.

(countries of fictional tracks are guesses, lol)

Round 1: Monaco Grand Prix: Cote D Azur: 17 laps
Round 2: German Grand Prix: High Speed Ring: 20 laps
Round 3: British Grand Prix: Autumn Ring: 17 laps
Round 4: American Grand Prix: Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course: 16 laps
Round 5: Asian Grand Prix: Fuji Speedway 2005F: 16 laps
Round 6: Canadian Grand Prix: Grand Valley Speedway: 15 laps
Round 7: Spanish Grand Prix: Apricot Hill Raceway: 17 laps
Round 8: French Grand Prix: Opera Paris: 17 laps
Round 9: European Grand Prix: Deep Forest: 15 laps
Round 10: Japanese Grand Prix: Suzuka Circuit*: 15 laps

Let me know what you think of the calendar.

*this race will be open to all categories of cars, lmp, gts, stock, tuned etc but only the F1 teams will recieve points.

also, on real GP weekends, you can get the chance for extra points in a hotlap spot race, e.g. on the real monte carlo weekend, it would be who can get the fastest lap on cote d azur on GT4 fastest gets 5 points, 2nd gets 4, 3rd gets 3, 4th gets 2, 5th gets 1.

I will post dates later as i will need to make sure i get them right for the weekends.
If there is anything i have left out or need to know let me know here or pm me.

I think thats all for now folks so lets get some teams rolling onto the grid.

I think 20 races is way to much, maybe 5-7, but too many and people will lose interest.

ok, how does 10 races sound?

i will make it the official thread when i get more interest and i will start getting it organised 👍

Depends on how many laps the races are. If they are hotlaps I think that could be a good number. Right now I think I will only participate if they are hotlaps.

Hot laps it is! 👍
this will make for a close series as the F1 cars are all equal, i am very keen to see how this pans out!!

I know you have the say on what tracks and races will be run, but I think a good starting race would be at midfield. It was a highly contested F1 track in Gt3 and myself, and most likely others, are anxious to see how they stack up there 👍.

You'll have your hands full running this...I've run 4 seasons of Formula races at the GTX/GTF for GT3, and it ain't no picnic.

Here are some things to consider...

Are times going to be verified?

If so, who will do the verification? What method of verification is acceptable (replays or videos)

What are the rules of engagement? Two wheels on track, and no wall contact?

If AI are present, what are the rules/penalties for contact with the AI?

If each race is a multilap race, will there be qualifying? If so, what bonuses do top qualifiers get?

Note: IMO, a Hot Lap series is not a good thing for a Formula Series. Hot Lap comps for Formula Cars are best left for Spot Races.

Are there going to be multiple attempts for each race, or will each race be a one-shot attempt? If one shot attempts, at what point will you start penalizing for multiple off track excursions, wall contacts, or AI contacts?

How will you verify that entrants are not using Cheat Codes?

What kind of deadlines for Qualifying/Race attempts will you employ?

A series that is potentially this big will require a lot of planning to be successful.

i hear you, il start getting the rules of engagement together soon as i finish this 24 hour race 👍

ok people, rules, team names and colours, tracks and laps are all posted and updated, if you have any questions let me know, lets see some teams forming guys!

GT_Fan2005 if you dont mind id like to be on the silver and black team or if you do mind ill be on the blue and white team. i just love the mclaren colors :D

wait what? how does this work? I would like to be on the Renault team if I can. I'm going to try to get the F1 car tomorrow(day). what determines your team. do the F1 cars come in different colors? and do those colors determine your team? thanks.

rock. :cool:

Drift260Z
wait what? how does this work? I would like to be on the Renault team if I can. I'm going to try to get the F1 car tomorrow(day). what determines your team. do the F1 cars come in different colors? and do those colors determine your team? thanks.

when you get the F1 car it becomes available in arcade as well at the end of the japan section, and you can choose your colour there

I want to help run this series, I can even do a website and all, make it real as possible...not to mention I am a European F-1 freak!

Cristiano
I want to help run this series, I can even do a website and all, make it real as possible...not to mention I am a European F-1 freak!

a website would be great!

you can make any layout you want that would be cool.!

i am an F1 freak to :P

so how will this work? will we have to provide replays? cause I can't. how does it usually work? thanks.

yea, but how does it work? I mean do we ad up our total time, or fastest time out of how many laps? whatcha got!!!!!

aha, sorry, misunderstood your question.

the qualifying work like this: 2 laps, the driver with the fastest cumulative time will receive an extra point but will have to suffer a 20kg ballast penalty for the race. much like the real F1 but with a weight penalty

the race is the total time taken to complete the set amount of laps.

GT_Fan2005
aha, sorry, misunderstood your question.

the qualifying work like this: 2 laps, the driver with the fastest cumulative time will receive an extra point but will have to suffer a 20kg ballast penalty for the race. much like the real F1 but with a weight penalty

the race is the total time taken to complete the set amount of laps.

it's no problem man, there were multiple questions. now how will the race work? same as qualifying? how many laps? will it go on fastest lap? or a collection of fast laps? also, will we race when the real life counter-part grand prix happens? (ex. when U.S.G.P. happens in June or whenever, will we race the "U.S.G.P" in this series? again, multiple questions ;).

Drift260Z
it's no problem man, there were multiple questions. now how will the race work? same as qualifying? how many laps? will it go on fastest lap? or a collection of fast laps? also, will we race when the real life counter-part grand prix happens? (ex. when U.S.G.P. happens in June or whenever, will we race the "U.S.G.P" in this series? again, multiple questions ;).

for the race, obviously the fastest driver from qualifying has a weight penalty,
you drive the set amount of laps on the track (the amount of laps are in the first post where the calendar is listed) and its the "total time" it takes you to do them laps, so you dont take your fastest lap, you take your total time.
we wont be racing paralell with the real grand prix, but you have given me an idea, on real GP weekends, you can get the chance for extra points in a hotlap spot race, e.g. on the real monte carlo weekend, it would be who can get the fastest lap on cote d azur on GT4 fastest gets a point or something.

thanks for the questions

Back