Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

It looks like a fun car, i have to say that when James May took the Veyron to 407, he looked so relaxed and comfortable. This looks like alot more work and focus is needed to do it. Makes the Veyron look that much more impressive because it is effortless on the part of the driver..

Id pick the Veyron over it.

130_0207_059_z+2006_SEMA_auto_show+hankook_GDM_porsche_drift_car.jpg

20060829%20cayman%20csr%20im%20neuen%20gewand%20img_3467.JPG

20060829%20cayman%20csr%20im%20neuen%20gewand%20img_3380.JPG

83260954.QqJJ9Ssn.IMG_3028wHANKOOKNSCPORSCHE.jpg

10p64p5.jpg

83260967.rpMw0rlx.IMG_3076wYUNKERPOWERTAISANPORSCHE.jpg

I think the chances of Porsche in GT5 are getting better and better.
Fact: RUF has been in GT games of the past.
Opinion: Porsche has to recognize the side-step move by PD as well as the general consumer understanding that RUF is the Porsche substitute.
Question: Why would it benefit Porsche to not be in GT games when RUF gets all of the credit?

With more and more companies signing up for attendance in the GT games, with less and less competition to the GT games, does Porsche stand to gain anything by not accepting PD's best offer?

MicroSoft and the Xbox/360 have had good support from Porsche and despite that support the games were still mediocre in both quality and sales (though FM2 was better quality). Now we look towards a new generation of GT games and I bet Porsche is asking itself if it backed the wrong horse... By the look of the cars in the 24hrs. Nurburgring this year, I'd say Porsche knows they backed the wrong horse and they're just trying to figure out how to jump on the band wagon before it is too late. :ouch:

Just my take on things but I wouldn't be surprised to a limited Porsche presence in GT5. I doubt the late entry of Porsche will help their line-up grow any bigger than a few important cars (besides maybe a few slightly modified and re-badged RUFs).

Btw, if I could have any Porsche in GT5 I'd definitely want it to be the 997 GT3. 👍

The 997 GT3 race cars (RSR/Cup) would be no-brainers, being mainstays of the Porsche motorsport lineup. I'm also betting on a RS Spyder, more than likely Penske DHL livery.

there is a new video added to Pal GT5p version. A coverage about 24H nurburgring race. there you see lots of porsches ;)

well if any of you guys have seen the ring trailer on gt tv. There is a porsche with the GT logo on it. I think thats a dead give away.

well if any of you guys have seen the ring trailer on gt tv. There is a porsche with the GT logo on it. I think thats a dead give away.
You also have fallen for that. There's been an teaser years ago showing a porsche with the GT logo on the key, and yet there still was no porsches on GT4P or GT4 itself. Don't jump to conclusions just yet. There has been no concrete piece of evidence that GT will have Porsches.

one huge problem: ruf doesn't make race cars and cant ever duplicate porsche's history

You're right, they don't. But there are some race cars built out of Ruf cars that could be possibilities.
vc_99_ruf_steve_andy.jpg

Personally, I don't know why Ruf doesn't build race cars. I've seen with my own eyes that their staff at the dealer in Dallas is more than capable after watching them disassemble a 996 GT3 Cup car, and install their own parts.

Ah No It Isn't!

GT is a major sponcer of sports car racing going back many years.

This years Nurburgring 24, all the main cars had GT written on their windscreens.

At this years Le Mans, again, we will see GT banners on the Mulsanne Straight.

There are still no guarantees, they are just helping these teams pay the bills and get TV time.

Off topic but relevant. Is this a real GT2, i have a hard time believing it even though i saw it at drift Atlanta.

Pic stolen from Nissan tuner

130_0207_059_z+2006_SEMA_auto_show+hankook_GDM_porsche_drift_car.jpg

There was a Porsche 911 GT1 in 1998 run by Labre Competition which had Gran Turismo sponsored on it.....but did we get Porsches since then? Nope.
WatermarkedImageHandler.ashx

3719691.jpg

thatll be a great addition to gt5.

Come on polophony you know you want to!

I completely agree, polyphony digital have to include PORSCHE in the GT5.

If they already have RUF in other GT's, why dont they have PORSCHE?

Come on PD, RUF is not the same thing as PORSCHE.

-> I would think PD is keeping things under wraps until they shock us on E3, we may never know. Since the the release of GT5P, PD's camp are mostly quiet at best. My guess they're cooking something really big just in time at E3. :scared:

~> By the way, when is E3? :confused:

heres what i want to see if porsche does go to PD.

Race Models:

Porsche 936 Martini`76
Porsche RS Spyder Penske`06
Porsche 911 GT1 Gran turismo`98
Porsche 962 Kremer CK6`87
Porsche 956 Rothmans`83
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Perrson/White Lightning`05
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Flying Lizard`07
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Flying Lizard`05
Porsche 911 GT3 R Hankook`05
Porsche 962C Takefuji`88
Porsche 962C Blaupunkt`89
Porsche 911 GT3 R Gaikokuya`06

ill do one for road cars and expand the list later...

Don't forget these:

Porsche 904 Carrera GTS
Porsche 908
Porsche 917 - This and the 956/962C is a HUGE part of racing history!!! Has to be there!
Porsche 959 (Paris-Dakar rally version)
Porsche 911 GT2
Porsche RS Spyder Van Merkensteijn '08- Gorgeous livery!!!

^ Guy's, guy's this isn't the Vehicle Wish List! :indiff:

-> Hmm, as far as I know, PD usually goes under the skirt of Sony everytime E3 comes into play here in the US, unlike TGS.

I'm personally not getting nervous at all, from memory GT is never confirmed at E3 before hand, it is always there though. Especially now GT is so popular and this could be the last E3 before GT5 release, its a pretty safe bet it will be there in some form (under Sony SCEA's wing).

Just look at couple of E3's ago where Sony asked PD to make up anything to display at E3, at they just showed off a quick HD verion of GT4 with some bikes included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back