The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
Regarding graphics
Did we notice, that even the cateye reflectors on the subaru react on the lighting? (noticeable seen on the gamersyde video on 00:53)

Attachments

• Cateye_Tokyo.JPG
    Cateye_Tokyo.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
GT5 will be released on december 1, 2009. Release will be global for all regions.

600+ cars, 95 tracks, some of which will be remodelled GT4 tracks/cars.

Ability to create new tracks from existing ones.

Extensive clan/team features.

There will be two versions of GT5. One with all the features in it, costing the most (initially). Small version will be GT5P+, but it will cost you to get all the upgrades to the big version.

Possible PSP/PC release?

At least, that's my interpretation of it. ;)

Not simply bumping this up but its one of the first posts in the thread and I think it hit the nail pretty much square on the head... I might not visit again until the day before TGS... this speculation, guessing, hoping, arguing is getting tiresome!!.... ah who am I kidding, I'll still be back 10 times a day!

My nickname is amar, not amir. Thank you for writing it down properly, it has only 3 letters to remember.

To clear this for you and everybody else who does not take his time to get with the facts:

I didn't make those tracks list, nor I will ever make any list that is not based on facts.

I used official info that was revealded on PD's official site and then pulled down in order to back up one of my claims (known as winds) in initial post of this thread.

And I didn't MEANT anything, I was just talking BASED ON FACTS or NON-OFFICIAL INFO that I have.

And I really do not give a slightest damn does that "sit well with you".

Constant troling, flaming and running in circles with the same subjects over-and-over again - just because majority of members here are LAZY TO READ MORE THAN LAST 3 PAGES of ANY THREAD around here - while myself and other respected members are trying very hard to keep discussion coherenet and normal - is very annoing

Thank you in advance for taking everything above in account.

Regards,

amar212

Amar,

Some of us very much appreciate what you and the other respected members have been doing. The negative tone on the forum the last few days has been very disappointing. All of this bashing of GT5 based on speculation, rumors and unconfirmed information is sad to see. I wish people would wait until the game was actually out before declaring it a loser compared to FM3, which isn't out either.

I will be surprised if we get 20 brand new never driven tracks on GT5! I'm guessing we will get a few, but not 20! DLC is where new tracks will come from.

To be honest, I'm expecting about double the number of race locations from GT4, which I believe were about 30. Adding variations to some like alternate routes and reverse versions, that came to over 50 courses. So in GT5 I'm expecting about 65 race locations, and with variations would total about 90 race courses.

Keep in mind that there were very few posters here who were calling for 1000 cars in GT5, and they were ridiculed for it. I was thinking about 600 cars myself, but I never shot down any figure. Well, except that 10,000 count post that originated with a wishlist somewhere. When it was pointed out how many man centuries that would take to model, I came back to earth. :P

And yes, there will be DLC, but I'm praying that it incorporates into the single player game intelligently, at least the tracks. I hated that the track downloads in F2 were useless except for time trials and online.

I will be surprised if we get 20 brand new never driven tracks on GT5! I'm guessing we will get a few, but not 20! DLC is where new tracks will come from.

NASCAR championship count 30 tracks. As they have got the license, must not PD include every single track of the champ? In that case more than 20 new tracks wouldn't be surpising.

No, the NASCAR license just includes the logos. There have been several NASCAR games that have not had all the tracks/drivers. NASCAR 2005 didn't have Pocono and the NASCAR Heat series never had all the tracks or drivers.

Also, there are only 22 Sprint Cup tracks.

No, the NASCAR license just includes the logos. There have been several NASCAR games that have not had all the tracks/drivers. NASCAR 2005 didn't have Pocono and the NASCAR Heat series never had all the tracks or drivers.

Also, there are only 22 Sprint Cup tracks.

Thanks for the light! 👍

OK, Amar212, point taken.

And sorry for getting the name wrong, i was sleepy and too lazy to check.

Sorry also for sort of blaming you for everyone's confusion as well.

I just got a bit too edgy about this track debate.

Regards,

lucag120

My friend Kyosuke is a hardcore Japanese GT fan and his translation was spot-on.

There may have been a problem with the specs - either in accuracy or in the structure and wording, because he had a difficult time understanding the cars and tracks part of it - and then it was taken down a few hours later.
(...)

Ok, I wasn't aware of that. Too bad they took it down I'm sure you could make it even better with more time to understand what it really meant. 👍

just curious, but does amar actually work for Sony is some capacity?

anyway, i know Yamauchi has denied any existence of a track editor, or even thinking of one. but amar, whoever he is, has been pretty accurate thus far and he was pretty clear about skypaths being built from existing skypaths, so im confident that his denial is simply a little misdirection so as to not tip his hand entirely just yet.

i think the inclusion of that feature is just as important as day/night racing this gen. offering a robust, complete track editor in a game of this scope, is a great opportunity to beat any competition to the punch here. weather would be nice, but has been done this gen, livery editor...done, damage..done.

1000 cars, 80+ tracks, full fail damage, day/night cycles, track builder... all pretty unique features that are essential to separating itself from the typical GT and its competitors.

for the record, none of this matters to me. they could announce GT5 as nothing more than a car/track update to Prologue and it would satisfy my needs as a car game.

Ok, I wasn't aware of that. Too bad they took it down I'm sure you could make it even better with more time to understand what it really meant. 👍

There have been screenshots posted you know....

Regardless, stop trying to cast doubt on the translations. They're as accurate as anyone can make them. If people don't like what they say, don't blame the messenger.

One thing that i hope GT5 has graphically is 60fps replays. So far all the ps3 GT games including the demo of GT5 have had 30fps replays. It still looks really good but one thing i loved about GT4 replays were the framerate which made the game look so real even now, and its way i spent so much time just watching replays. 30fps isn't bad but if you switch between replay mode and gameplay mode in prologue is a massive difference.

One thing also having 170 cars with full damage is not a bad thing if you think about it, thats more cars with damage than NFS Shift and Dirt 2 put together and probably GRID also.

I personally hope GT5 comes out this year, I've been waiting so long for this game and I know PD will not let me down. One thing that GT has that I don't get from other racing games is soul. GT is more than just a game, I can't describe it but when I sat down to play GT5 I knew the king was back.

Do you know that standard TV runs at 24fps. And watching a race real on TV doesn't look fake because of it. Frame rate over a certain level isn't an issue in making a game look more real or not imo. It can benefit the game having a higher framerate for game play but I really don't mind the 30fps in replays.

Exactly, Kazunori was creating Trial mountain at the time of making his alias.

1000 cars, 80+ tracks, full fail damage, day/night cycles, track builder... all pretty unique features that are essential to separating itself from the typical GT and its competitors.

Add Rain and snow to that list and you have my perfect racing game! :sly:

And I agree - to top the competition, GT5 has to have as many [or all] the features that fans want to rise to the top.

The graphics are top-notch as is the vehicle count, but weather, night races and 100+ tracks would add the icing and the proverbial "cherry on top" if they are included.

I REALLY want rain in Gran Turismo 5!

*willeditthispostwithtranslation*

Developer: Polyphony - Platform: PS3
Genre: Racing - Number of players: T.B.A.

Release: 4th Quarter of 2009

THE ULTIMATE RACING GAME RETURNS

(lots of stupid PR blah blah, really nothing important)
The player can choose between over 1000 cars to race on incredible detailed racetracks and unlock PlayStation Trophies (blah).
The new NASCAR and WRC championships improve the Gran Turismo experience. Players are challenged to fight their way up the online leaderboards against other racedrivers from all over the world.

Last edited:
Back