The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
No. Top Gear test track has only one layout or have i missed something?

Why don't you ask your avatar. :sly:

J/K

Sorry, it just struck me as funny that your avatar is Jeremy Clarkson and you were asking about the Top Gear Test Track.....on second thought, I'm tired and not at all funny at the moment. :D

Why don't you ask your avatar. :sly:

J/K

Sorry, it just struck me as funny that your avatar is Jeremy Clarkson and you were asking about the Top Gear Test Track.....on second thought, I'm tired and not at all funny at the moment. :D

Besides, i doubt Clarkson would know the answer to that anyway :sly:

He does :D (i asked my avatar, too!) There's the normal version, longer + with the intersection, and they shorten it to the first half for one-on-one races.

Guys, I've found a new Yamauchi interview on an italian site.
Beware that I can give you a faithful italian translation, I hope they translated correctly from the japanese...

Here is the GT5 meat; it is not a 'big steak' but you may find something interesting:

GT5 Release?
KY "The game is still under development but its release is not too far, it will be after the PSP GT release and, very probably, it will be a simultaneous world release"

What about the game features that were published on the official japanese site, 1000 cars, 80 tracks and YouTube download?
KY "We would like to wait to publish them, but what you read on the site is true."

Is there something new in the single player mode
KY "If you look at the PSP version, you'll see that the game is very different from the previous Gran Turismo versions. The 5th episode will have many similar features to the PSP version"

How the damages will influence the gameplay?
KY "The damages are not only visible, they will affect the driving style.
It depends on the player, some players will like it, others will not"

Will we have Nascar and WRC championships in the game or just the cars?
KY "There will be real Nascar races in the game. Nascar had necessary to be included in the game. Regarding WRC championship we have been trying to add it to series since long ago. Now we got it."

At the end KY confirmed 1080p and 60 fps.

Here is the link:
http://multiplayer.it/video/gran-tu...vista-a-kazunori-yamauchi.hi/?piattaforma=ps3

God, would I love to have his job. Just driving around an empty airfield all day with some of the worlds best cars! :)👍

I love Top Gear and I would love to host that show! Jeremy Clarkson doesn't have a hard job at all - he drives the world's best cars, interviews celebrity guests and talks about cars. We all could so his job! :sly:

A simple track editor would be easy to make. Just empty airfield where you could sparay course layout with white and setup cones. I would give something like that before making a full featured track editor.

A bit like the GT4 Prologue "coffee breaks", big open space, lots of cone to run over!

What about the game features that were published on the official japanese site, 1000 cars, 80 tracks and YouTube download?
KY "We would like to wait to publish them, but what you read on the site is true."

Makes me a lot less worried.

There we go, 80 tracks. So the 20 tracks thing is something else, or rubbish.

80 tracks yes? :dopey:

Guys, The italian guy said 80 tracks, then there was a translation into japanese and then back to italian. He just said "What you read on the site is true."
So we are still struggling with the 60/20 or 20/60 issue....

Now I go to pick up my babies...

I just thought of something. PGR3's track editor was fairly simple and allowed up to either (as the game screen proclaims) up to 100 variations (which is a boldfaced lie) but the point is....PGR3 had a pretty healthy sum of tracks in total, and the route editor only added to it.

It's only a matter of giving us a track presentation and allowing us to open up/close routes and tie to them to each other; point-to-point, touge (perhaps), drag strips, etc...

Probably been said 10x over, and if it has, let's make it 11. :lol:

Guys, The italian guy said 80 tracks, then there was a translation into japanese and then back to italian. He just said "What you read on the site is true."
So we are still struggling with the 60/20 or 20/60 issue....

Now I go to pick up my babies...

Not really, 80 sounds the same no matter how many times you translate it.

I just thought of something. PGR3's track editor was fairly simple and allowed up to either (as the game screen proclaims) up to 100 variations (which is a boldfaced lie) but the point is....PGR3 had a pretty healthy sum of tracks in total, and the route editor only added to it.

It's only a matter of giving us a track presentation and allowing us to open up/close routes and tie to them to each other; point-to-point, touge (perhaps), drag strips, etc...

Probably been said 10x over, and if it has, let's make it 11. :lol:

If there was ever to one in GT5.. it would be a route editor over a full track editor.

My dream is to have in the 80 tracks SPA, Monza and 1 stage from each country of the WRC Championship. I just hope they didnt' put more than 3 meaningless ovals.

My dream is to have in the 80 tracks SPA, Monza and 1 stage from each country of the WRC Championship. I just hope they didnt' put more than 3 meaningless ovals.

I'm pretty sure that after you try those meaningless ovals with a NASCAR machine, they won't look as meaningless and boring as you may think...

I'm pretty sure that after you try those meaningless ovals with a NASCAR machine, they won't look as meaningless and boring as you may think...

It's ok, I'll take it to Infenion if I have to. .....in the wet....👍

Did somebody out side the US just say that :eek:

Thats the point in bringing them to GT5... introduce them to the world.

Not really, 80 sounds the same no matter how many times you translate it.

So it's 80 seperate track locations?, or is it 80 courses, i.e. each track has multiple layouts?

I can see 80 = 80 in any language, but I don't see the confirmation, just that the website was correct.. which was ambiguous..

I suppose it doesn't matter, as long as there are enough! :)

"What about the game features that were published on the official japanese site, 1000 cars, 80 tracks and YouTube download?

Sadly where still left in the dark, there is two parts to this, the reporters interpretation & KY referring to the official Japanese site, KY wasn't confirming the reporters numbers, but the information on the web site, which there is still confusion. We need KY to repeat the numbers himself, personally I hope it's 60 courses in some configuration from previous series & 20 new courses. But the translations was 20 courses or more, 60 layout or something to that afect:)

Did somebody out side the US just say that :eek:

Thats the point in bringing them to GT5... introduce them to the world.

Yes I'm from here but I saw "Days of Thunder" in the tube :) Now seriously, I watch Nascar and love those close shots where you can see the suspension and tires being twisted and pushed to the limits. May seem boring at a distance but... respect 👍

I'm looking forward to learning to master the secrets of running those V8, 750bhp, 1500Kg for 200laps, without crashing and/or shreading the tires every 10 laps.

It's ok, I'll take it to Infenion if I have to. .....in the wet....👍

Yes... that's another on I'll have to learn to master. The wet. I suck at it :grumpy:

Has anyone followed the discussions on japanese Boards for GT5? They must be talking about the number of tracks aswell, be it 20 or 60. so if there are people complaining about the number of tracks, its pretty much confirmed, that its only 20 and if they are happy with the number of tracks it could be the 60 tracks.

The featurelist was not supposed to be released that early, so was it supposed to be released at TGS? If it were so, why is there no weathersystem or day and night transitions confirmed? Maybe because there are no such features.

The text said "more infos at TGS" or something like that and it also had the GamesCom in the headline. I think someone made a mistake with the whole thng, some wrong infos etc.

Or it was a test to see the reactions of some people and they took it down because the internet exploded. :lol:

I prefer real tracks, i hope they wont' waste space with ovals . if the number of tracks is limited it's better have some different types of tracks like Spa, Suzuka etc. while Ovals , even if they have some differences, are pretty the same.

Last edited:
Or it was a test to see the reactions of some people and they took it down because the internet exploded. :lol:

I was surprised we didn't have that Meltdown we did at E3 when the GT5 trailer was shown. Mark my words though: When they show the release date and the trailer at TGS, it'll happen again.

And paulpg87, Ovals are as much a "Real Track" as most of your Neutered Road Course circuits. Just because you don't find "Going left all the time" as most of you elitists would say to be exciting doens't make them any less real.

Back