Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
To A real FAN of GRAN TURISMO doesn't care about
Ferrari or Porsche or any other "exotic" brand ...
I enjoy myself with the Ruf's ..Too ....

I-R

You put "HD" after "Youtube" in the tags and it'll give you that full HD screen. Keep in mind, this will only work with videos that are available in HD.

using the [youtubehd] tag makes all Youtube vids bigger, altough the quality stays the same :)

So what are the chances of the release date being pushed back to March of 2010 related to Porsche?

Good point - they are probably waiting for a license deal to expire so they can include Porsche perhaps?

Yellowbird is the key RWD car for me. Very oversteery and live car weighting just over 1100 kg, with carbon body panels in year 1987 and insane turbocharged 470 HP engine, which overdone all Ferraris and Lambos in its time. Only true master of driving can do spirited lap with it on Nordschleife and without any mistake.

I think we know who you mean. 👍

I've pretty much given up trying to make a logical guess at what Polyphony Digital is going to do because their logic can be pretty mystifying.

However, I can't imagine any rational, sane developer delaying a game that has already been 5 years in the making just to try and woo 1 manufacturer into the game--even if that manufacturer is the icon we know as Porsche.

I mean FFS, if that's all that's holding GT5 up, they could just release it "when it's ready" instead of waiting for Porsche's contracts to expire.
They could just release Porsche's as DLC later.

Last edited:
"they could just release it "when it's ready" instead of waiting for Porsche's contracts to expire. They could just release Porsche's as DLC later. "

They could, assuming what u imagined is true. But if the story is that theyre being prevented by a competitor through legal tactics, then that's a different variation of events.

On a sunnier and somewhat more intriguing note, i queried a local psychic friend of mine on this most important topic regarding GT5, and she told me that "PORSCHE WILL BE IN GT5". That was the intuitive insight she perceived while in a semi-self-induced trance state that reduces activity in the left-frontal lobe, taking out the conscious reasoning faculty and enabling enhanced intuitive powers to be temporarily activated in the brain. Apparently intuitive insight defies logical explanation, but HeartMath claims to have evidence to the contrary. lol

Last edited:
So you probably know that I wrote an e-mail to Porsche some time ago, asking why they don't appear in Gran Turismo 5. Much to my surprise, I actually received an answer today:

Porsche contact
Dear Mr. XXX

thank you for your e-mail from 19th of August and your encouragement about our commitment in the area of computer gaming, which we are happy to answer. Please excuse our belated response.

In general we concede with you [editorial note: as in me saying that Porsche can't afford to not be in Gran Turismo anymore]. But for about 10 years by now, there has been an exclusive cooperation in the area of entertainment software between Porsche and Electronic Arts. Then, the prelude was the Porsche-only version of 'Need for Speed'. This cooperation still exists, and in the meantime, there has been a multitude of further mutual projects.

As for all of our cooperation partners, we are interested in a durable and good partnership. That involves meeting decisions which, from the outside, might not reveal themselves instantly, such as the decision to not be featured in 'Gran Turismo'.

We hope to have helped you with these short background informations and remain

with best regards
XXX XXX

Porsche contact

I responded to this that there are games with Porsche cars which are not from EA. Here is Porsches 2nd answer, which I just received:

Porsche contact
Dear Mr. XXX

thank you for your reply of September 14th 2009. We are happy that you own "Need for Speed - Posche unleashed", as you said.

You are correct. Indeed, it does happen that Porsche models appear in computer games. On the one hand, there are cases where Porsche cars are included without our approval. We usually file a lawsuit against that.

On the other hand, there are a few sublicenses handed out by Electronic Arts. This happens to be the case for the Forza Motorsport game series. Due to our close cooperation with Electronic Arts, we accept their entrepreneurial decisions to give out sublicenses. Electronic Arts operates in the area of entertainment software, we operate in the area of producing cars. In terms of a good partnership, we only deem it best to let every one of our partners operate freely in their respective branch. Even if that means that there will be decisions which we would have met differently.

We hope to have helped you with these informations and that the fun in gaming will furthermore be yours.

with best regards
XXX XXX

Porsche contact

Last edited:
"In terms of a good partnership, we only deem it best to let every one of our partners operate freely in their respective branch. Even if that means that there will be decisions which we would have met differently."

In other words, what Porsche is trying to say is that they didn't know that giving exclusivity to EA would cascade down into PD struggling to get a Porsche to feature in GT.. and it's believable. Porsche was in bed with EA before PD was even on the scene, which means that EA must have convinced Porsche way back then (sometimes in the mid to late 90's) that it was in Porsche's best interest to let them exclusively handle the sub-licensing on the gaming side... Sucky! It would be been in Porsche's best interest to set up their own software division, but unfortunately back then they didn't anticipate how far gaming / racing simulation would evolve. doH! lol

So, I wonder when the Porsche-EA contract expires or on what terms EA would be willing to let PD feature Porsche in their lineup of cars? Anyone know something?

I feel Porsche are missing out and they know it, shame is the i can't see EA giving PD the liscence any time soon at all

Now email EA and ask them to give PD the Porsche sub-license

haha :P!

I actually might email and enquire about it

i was only joking however thank you :)

It's great you go to such great lengths on our behalfs.

If all negotiation fails and there's no viable way of getting Porsche on-board, then PD will have to improvise and use the option to get a few other tuners on side as a substitute (and it's a pretty nice substitute too!).. Think of Techart, Edo Competition, Gemballa, Sportec, ... These tuners all have a nice array of Porsche's to select from, and I'd be more than happy to have at least 2 or 3 of these guys on-board 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back