GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
2jfcbvd.gif

ROLLOVER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt we'll get races with 16 premium cars + damage + day/night cycles + dynamic weather, all at 60 fps and 1080p. I just can't see this happening this generation, with the ps3.

I'm thinking about some variations like:
-16 cars, no passage of time, no dynamic weather/rain, maybe just a wet track
-8 cars, passage of time, no weather
-8 cars, no passage of time, weather
-32 karts, no effects

What do you think?

I doubt we'll get races with 16 premium cars + damage + day/night cycles + dynamic weather, all at 60 fps and 1080p. I just can't see this happening this generation, with the ps3.

-32 karts, no effects

What do you think?

It's doable but i don't think they're going to have it at 60fps, especially at 1080p. As long as they keep it's higher than 30 with no tearing I'm fine.

Do you guys know what the deal is with this article...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=263772

It says GT5 steering wheels revealed and all it says is the G27 and DFGT are coming out! Uh hello, they've been out for a while.

That article is so badly written and fabricated it's laughable. It says the G25 is 10,000 yen (77 pounds) and that the G27 is 130,000 yen (100 pounds). How can the G27 be 13 times as expensive as the G25 in yen and yet only 23 pounds more expensive?!

I think the truth behind the article is that the G27 has never been released in Japan but will be to coincide with the release of GT5 (ie. November 3rd).

-32 karts, no effects

What do you think?

The weather doesn't need to be dynamic. I'd just be happy with weather.

There could be snow, fog, and backfire.

This is true 👍

I'm with hardvibes on the variations. I sometimes think that only rally races with one/two cars with have full day/night cycles, full intense weather, full damage, etc...but then, that does that make sense?

I don't know. Hopefully it will be cleared up next week.

Part of Jr's outfit? Most likely.

All the NASCAR driver's uniforms have been correctly depicted from NASCAR's inclusion, I think!

We know Gordon is in from the 09E3 trailer, and all the rally drivers have their respective gear and sponsors, possibly Super GT also.

My Best Buy has a decent controller. It has the sticky left joystick problem but doesn't affect the steering because you never really push it up diaganolly to the left. So i got some videos of clean runs along with the replays. I also turned up the volume on the kiosk for better audio. Controls are on the top of the T.V. I advise taking a picture of it with your phone or camera before you change the channel instead of the volume.

I'd like to point out that I noticed A.I.s have different driving styles. Some share the road, others don't, some are aggressive, others play it safe. The aggressive A.I. will hold their line when you overtake. Be sure to have a good run on them before the next turn because they will leave you barely enough room running side-by-side. Several times, I tried to pass a Viper on the inside exiting the Apex and the fool is following the driving line (shifts inside for the next turn) forcing me into the wall and into the grass. Other times that same car would just not give me any room passing him on the straight. The other A.I. are soft and friendly. They move over to give you room, they will run off the track if you scare them going side-byside into a turn. I found this very interesting that the A.I. plays at different levels. I didn't save any video of the road hog A.I. (blue viper to point out) but take my word for it as I was forced to race several times to get a clean run to post here

Again all in professional with driving assist turned off (except for the line in a couple of unfamiliar tracks)

Warming up with the Corvette on S3 tires
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7xNYVJxx4

Rally race in Citroen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_vOSltw2-M

Rally car damage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4m7K2udUUI

Clean NASCAR fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvGZ84VezNQ

Nurburgring with SLS, blue viper is the car I was describing as aggressive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evI3dv8pHtY

-Review/Videos-

Thanks, I appreciate your time and videos, as well as the in depth reviews. 👍
Edit: Was it just the video quality or was the Corvette Stingray's dash really that dark? It would be nice if we could see the interiors a little better considering they took so much time to model.

Anyone know anything about whether 'Game Completion' has been addressed?

With A Spec/B Spec is it 50% each or is completion considered inside each Spec?

Personally I think they need to change the way Game Completion is calculated. To complete the game in my opinion is you need to win each Championship, League, Enduro or one-off events, not necessarily winning every race.

There for the stat minded... 3 categories?

Game Completion - won all Championships, Enduro's etc
Race Completion - for example - 320/367 unique races won - 87.19%
Race Success - for example - 487/591 of all races won - 82.40%

Or maybe a weighted system based upon you results...

In essence I think previous versions of the game placed too much importance on winning individual races inside championships... heck I know of people who didn't save if they didn't win, or used cars that made it easy...

I once, you can believe it or not, i don't care either way, spend a week trying to find a car to what I thought would make it a challenge, started & stopped a 24hrs of Nurb after 21hrs as I was a lap ahead & winning 'too easily'.

A feature inside the game that would make it great would be that for enduro's you wouldn't need to win the race, BUT win your Class. E.g. 8 Group C/Open Cars & 8 GT3 Class. Win the Class it counts as much to Game Completion as if you had won in a Peugeot 905 Evo 2. Maybe you choose what Class it's raced in... and all 16 are of that Class.

Additionally Licences etc shouldn't count towards Game Completion but a stat for the ego-minded, and I was one who did love going for golds... really learnt to drive them then.

Just my 2c - some might say I need a 1c change...

Last edited:
Either I don't know all the sound to all the cars or I'm just not picky. The cars sound fine to me. Especially in the replays, you can here there distinctive notes.

Either I don't know all the sound to all the cars or I'm just not picky. The cars sound fine to me. Especially in the replays, you can here there distinctive notes.

Yes in the replays the Nascars, sound like Nascars... In the replays of the Vett it sounds as good as a 4banger...? Gameplay is whats going to sell this game not replays.

I've got a 50/20 connection, thanks!

Stuff like this.

:lol:

That is in all games.... if someone is lagging out playing in a different Country then you, don't single Forza3 out bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy has a decent controller. It has the sticky left joystick problem but doesn't affect the steering because you never really push it up diaganolly to the left. So i got some videos of clean runs along with the replays. I also turned up the volume on the kiosk for better audio. Controls are on the top of the T.V. I advise taking a picture of it with your phone or camera before you change the channel instead of the volume.

I'd like to point out that I noticed A.I.s have different driving styles. Some share the road, others don't, some are aggressive, others play it safe. The aggressive A.I. will hold their line when you overtake. Be sure to have a good run on them before the next turn because they will leave you barely enough room running side-by-side. Several times, I tried to pass a Viper on the inside exiting the Apex and the fool is following the driving line (shifts inside for the next turn) forcing me into the wall and into the grass. Other times that same car would just not give me any room passing him on the straight. The other A.I. are soft and friendly. They move over to give you room, they will run off the track if you scare them going side-byside into a turn. I found this very interesting that the A.I. plays at different levels. I didn't save any video of the road hog A.I. (blue viper to point out) but take my word for it as I was forced to race several times to get a clean run to post here

Again all in professional with driving assist turned off (except for the line in a couple of unfamiliar tracks)

Warming up with the Corvette on S3 tires
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7xNYVJxx4

Rally race in Citroen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_vOSltw2-M

Rally car damage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4m7K2udUUI

Clean NASCAR fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvGZ84VezNQ

Nurburgring with SLS, blue viper is the car I was describing as aggressive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evI3dv8pHtY

I've been noticing in a few vids form now and also in your rally vids, a major problem

Rally AI cars are following track lines rather than rally lines.

If you look at any WRC video then they tend to go around corners on an angle, to keep the most speed up. In all vids, including yours it appears they slow down as if they are taking a normal track racing line just with low grip.

Has anyone seen anything different?

This is a major floor if no one else has.

I've been noticing in a few vids form now and also in your rally vids, a major problem

Rally AI cars are following track lines rather than rally lines.

If you look at any WRC video then they tend to go around corners on an angle, to keep the most speed up. In all vids, including yours it appears they slow down as if they are taking a normal track racing line just with low grip.

Has anyone seen anything different?
Don't really care to be honest. It's just a game, and you can race those tracks however you like.
This is a major floor if no one else has.
Major "floor"?! :lol:
How about dirt effects on windows...Dirty car (confirmed) with clean windows will look funny...
Oh how the nitpicking continues... All people on here are going to do is pick flaws in the game instead of enjoying it.

Easy now Mr Frappy.

Anyway, what did the Subaru look like (trailer, first time damage was shown)? It had some dirty on the door, but the panel next to it was clean. If they could get it to build dirty on the windows, maybe it would be to stressful on the system? (transparencies and all that)

Back