Autocar tests MG6; say it handles slightly better than the Focus

• Thread starter Jondot
  • 38 comments
I'll pass. Ugly, Chinese and probably not really as fun to drive as a Focus. Thumbs WAY down.

Car we'll never get over here...

I don't think.

Seriously, I think the only thing people know MG over here for is the MGB.

It looks pretty sweet as long as you don't stare at it straight on. I want to see more pictures of the rear though.

JCE
I'll pass. Ugly, Chinese and probably not really as fun to drive as a Focus. Thumbs WAY down.

Well its designed and engineered in the UK, so if you've got any prejudices it should be directed there! In 5-10 years Chinese car brands will dominate much like the Japanese imports did if they don't already by then own all the western manufacturers anyway. So its a fact of life.

As for the Focus bit all I have heard from reviews is that it handles better and is as dynamic as a Focus, so I guess they all don't do their job properly then.

It looks great 👍 Do want.

Where's it being manufactured?

To start with it will be made in China and then they will open up production at Longbridge. I must say for the expected price to get that much car and a 1.8 turbo charged engine is a great deal. I hope production in the UK can still keeps costs down.

It looks pretty sweet as long as you don't stare at it straight on. I want to see more pictures of the rear though.

Ive seen it in person and it looks much better, they are calling it a fastback and it looks good in its Burnt Orange paintwork. Looks very Euro Ford-ish.

news200904_06.jpg

Robin.

To start with it will be made in China and then they will open up production at Longbridge. I must say for the expected price to get that much car and a 1.8 turbo charged engine is a great deal. I hope production in the UK can still keeps costs down.
Well in a few years I should be (hopefully) nicely employed. Maybe I'll start feeling all patriotic and buy one of these.

Well its designed and engineered in the UK, so if you've got any prejudices it should be directed there! In 5-10 years Chinese car brands will dominate much like the Japanese imports did if they don't already by then own all the western manufacturers anyway. So its a fact of life.

IF, and ONLY IF, the Chinese continue to peg the value of their currency to the Dollar...which they may be forced to stop doing soon. It's a bit of financial chicanery that's allowed them to grow so fast so quickly.

Could it be any more plain?

Also, a K Series? Head Gasket Fail fail.

Wrong, it has a Kavachi (TCI-TECH) engine which only the block remains from the K-series, it has different cylinder head, head gasket, inlet manifold etc, Roewe 550 which is the same car is 4th in Chinese JD Power survey and the MG TF hasn't had one single mechanical failure with their version called the N-series. Kavachi has DVVT and N-series has normal camshafts. All new MG's are designed and developed in the UK and the EU ones are built at Longbridge and have different interior trim, exterior styling and lots of other things, the full UK spec will be shown at MPH/Top Gear show next month.

Back