GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This image has clearly been INTENTIONALLY photoshopped by some envious Forza supporter :cheers: Or whatever in the world it is, that's most certainly not tearing. :cool:

True, if it was screen tear the windscreen pillar would be torn too.

*g* actually, the license winning music and the menu soundtrack are even greater reasons for me to turn off music altogether. I love GT, but I hate the soundtrack. There were some Cubanate songs in the past, but the rest is complete rubbish imo.

It's amazing that of all the hundreds of thousands of copies of GT5 that have been pressed, only one dude in Croatia is actually sharing any details.

He must be somehow related to PD. I've been thinking of him being some kind of a product manager from Sony or PD. Hence, he would not only be authorised to disclose those -still strictly confidential- informations, but he would be getting paid for doing so. Notice that he barely mentioned one single flaw in the game so far. Everything for the most is just perfect, unbelievable, unseen before. Or the game actually comes from another planet, or this thing starts looking kinda weird.
I'm 90% sure this is just advertising. Which is still good to me while it keeps me entertained :)

Alright now this picture is odd. Screen tearing affects the entire horizontal line of the screen, as screens are refreshed vertically one line at a time. Screen tearing as blatant as the one on this wiper would noticeably change the side of the car and the background on the track too... but it doesn't. This leads me to believe one of two things. 1. The wipers have an odd animation glitch, or 2. The camera recording the video simply couldn't keep up with the fast speed of the wipers causing inconsistencies in the video. Either way, it's not your regular screen tearing.

OaVOC.jpg

I hope you didn't get this from Youtube, because their videos all run at 30 frames per second. So it's not a very good site for checking frames and things such as that. :lol:

Amar,thanks for your update,topjob again...

If you have the time tomorrow,could you please for me and many more timetrailer's(WRS)find out if the "clutch cheat" is still possible??...

All GT5P online rankings are dominated by guys who use it,so we are very interested if this is still possible...

(we are hoping it isn't...)

Thanks in advance,

spy.

Last edited:
Anything about the AI? Hopefully they're not totally stupid like they have been in past GT games.

Also....how come you can't drive without ABS? I've never had a problem with brake lockup in any racing sim with my G27. Makes me question the whole physics write-up when you can't even slow the car without the game holding your hand.

I don't think he said that, what he meant by rewind (Unless I took it wrong) was how all the games now like grid and everything have that rewind 2nd chance replay thing. I could be taking that wrong, but there should be a replay rewind and fast forward option, because I mean if you can do a 25 lap race, you're not going to watch all 25 laps, you're going to want to fast forward to the part you want to see/analyze/show friends/show people you are trying out for leagues for online. etc

I realised he was referencing to GRID and other games with their rewind feature. Also, I am aware that what I am about to say is probably going to be shunned. But here goes.

The rewind feature is good. People dont have to use it, you are not forced to do it. My opinion was formed when playing F1 2010. Having had some races ruined by punctures as I exit the pitlane really started to annoy me. So I changed the settings and gave myself a couple. Because after doing a 30% race distance race, a flat tyre 2/3 of the way through just really is frustrating. It happens in real life, but my time is prescious and given the ability to rewind 5 seconds to when I didnt have the puncture and continuing my race is a handy feature. I try to avoid using it as much as I can, but other times it is extremly useful.

Oh well. Fingers crossed we get word on what the replay features are like for GT5 from amar, rdk, tekken.. someone else?

He must be somehow related to PD. I've been thinking of him being some kind of a product manager from Sony or PD. Hence, he would not only be authorised to disclose those -still strictly confidential- informations, but he would be getting paid for doing so. Notice that he barely mentioned one single flaw in the game so far. Everything for the most is just perfect, unbelievable, unseen before. Or the game actually comes from another planet, or this thing starts looking kinda weird.
I'm 90% sure this is just advertising. Which is still good to me while it keeps me entertained :)
advertising? I doubt that very much

I know I've asked this before but haven't checked the whole forum..

Do we know if you can actually upgrade the brakes on cars? Last I saw there were no options in the menu to do so and there was a bit of speculation surrounding the issue.

This image has clearly been INTENTIONALLY photoshopped by some envious Forza supporter :cheers: Or whatever in the world it is, that's most certainly not tearing. :cool:

Thats definitely not screen tearing, looks like some sort of animation glitch. Could be fixed in a patch.

I saw someone mention the locked file saves, that you cant even copy them to a memory stick. This is a real bummer for me. I like to back my saves up in case my PS3 dies. IVe got an old 60gb, this thing isnt going to last forever.

If this is true about locked saves, it would hurt to spend months playing this, then the PS3 dies and everything is lost.

I found Jay Leno's name in Credits. Hm. Any thoughts?

Maybe his tank car is still in the game, probably standard, right?

Two reasons why Jay Leno was in the credits:

1. The Jay Leno Tank Car AKA the Blastaline Special

2. PD recorded and modelled a lot of the cars in GT4 and 5 using cars from Jay's collection. And, in fact, the only reason why the tank car is in GT4/5 is because PD was there doing a recording session, saw the car and put it in.

It wasn't intended to be in GT4 in the first place.
I hope we can use it

:lol: wheels cannot be changed on Standard cars. What a load of 🤬 that is then. Might aswell play GT1 for all its worth.

Amar, I have an important question...
In GT4, there were cars you couldn't race in (i.e:Jay Leno Tank Car,Caterham 7 fireblade,etc). Have you come across any yet?

So we can't back up our save game files on a USB stick. Do we know if it's possible to copy them over to another User on the same PS3? For example User1 plays, and decides to become GTP_User1, will he be able to copy the save game to the new user name on the system? I don't have any games that don't allow copying Save Games, but if one of you guys can try it out, that would be appreciated.

Excuse me.. Btw, Hello.. I appreciate you gave some hints about what GT5 is but there's one thing that is running through my head.. Well, not just in my head but probably all the GT Fans... ARe you sure that Standard cars will not be able to change the rims??? How come? what version o f GT5 do you have? Well, that's the only thing that I am surprised. But about other else, I am so excited. :D

Thanks Amar again!!!

I hope you keep on telling the impressions of the driving feel of driving the different cars you'll get to experience through your journey.. I just enjoy reading those. Not much else to do while waiting for the Wed. :P The most important issues for a real sim lover have been covered already, ok maybe not the online but almost anything better than prologue will do for me :P

Maybe one question..

Do you feel there will be something hidden. And I really do mean feel, as Kaz in my opinion would NEVER realease a full list of tracks and cars.. but maybe he would. In that case I just have to keep on whining.. only 1030+. WTF!!!!

yeah, really, NSX is enough for me. ;)

What do you mean? You do your backups on an external drive more often than usual, that's it.

Do you know how long it takes to do a HDD backup & how "Hot" the PS3 gets doing one! Not something you want to do every week.

Yess!! Jay Leno is still in the game! He's in the credits because he contributed a lot to GT:PSP and they used some of his many cars to recreate some cars in the game. And that is why he is in the credits.. lol

Interesting theory. Everything does seem very sunshine and lollipops while still keeping the big secrets secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back