GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been nice if there was a rewind feature in replays though.

All I want is something like this when watching a replay:

• Pause button
  • Fast rewind
  • Normal speed rewind
  • Slow motion
  • Fast forward

Instead we probably dont get any options except zooming in on your car when you press Triangle 👎

I don't think he said that, what he meant by rewind (Unless I took it wrong) was how all the games now like grid and everything have that rewind 2nd chance replay thing. I could be taking that wrong, but there should be a replay rewind and fast forward option, because I mean if you can do a 25 lap race, you're not going to watch all 25 laps, you're going to want to fast forward to the part you want to see/analyze/show friends/show people you are trying out for leagues for online. etc

Thanks to Amar for all the great info! Others have responded to your question about Jay Leno in the credits, but I have some pics from a few years ago at Supercar Sunday:

(click the pics to see more at Flickr)

This was right after he got it turbocharged and doubled the horsepower! Oh yeah, for those that don't know, the car gets its name "Tank Car" from being powered by the motor from an actual military tank... BTW: 1500 HP before they installed the turbo... 3000 HP afterward! And yes, those are bus tires! The thing is a MONSTER!

_Dave_

Last edited:
P - Premium cars ( full interiors + replaceble rims )
S - Standard cars .

I think what he's asking is what it means when it has p/s there are a couple cars with it, but does it mean it comes as both a standard and a premium?

It would have been nice if there was a rewind feature in replays though.

All I want is something like this when watching a replay:

• Pause button
  • Fast rewind
  • Normal speed rewind
  • Slow motion
  • Fast forward

Instead we probably dont get any options except zooming in on your car when you press Triangle 👎

i was looking forward for a slow motion feature... we´ve saw it in a couple of teasers. I mean..i really enjoy watching replays...gt p is one of the fewest games that i care about replay.so, i would like to see some more options available.... ( rfactor has GREAT replay controls )

so I bought 200 euro monster cables but that didnt change a thing.
Woooooaaaaah I guess you don't know that all HDMI cables are the same. There aren't varying levels of HDMI quality. It's either on or off. Nothing more. An HDMI cable that is $2 will deliver the exact same picture as a $250 one. Speaking of which, next time you feel like getting a new cable, go to monoprice.com. Got mine for $5 and it hasn't failed yet in a year and produces the same quality as my bro's $80 Monster cable.

on topic: no rewind? Wasn't there rewind in GT4? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Thank you and much respect to amar212 for these well written reviews and particularly for the quick mention of the drifting options as no one else had discussed this - great news that you can drift entire tracks as I always wanted to do that in GT5P!

I think what he's asking is what it means when it has p/s there are a couple cars with it, but does it mean it comes as both a standard and a premium?
maybe the car looks like premiums but can´t change rims or no cockpit view...maybe...
sounds logic...premium but no change rims. make the car look only authentic, no changes

Yes, there are some cars that are holdovers from GT4/GTPSP (all are standard)...

this makes sense. so basically if you transfer your cars from the previous games, they're standard. If you get them in GT5 they're premium. thanks :)

The F10 is P/S, maybe it's damage related. I can't imagine the F1 cars get damaged. They would look crap with GT5's damage engine TBH.

Yeah, in one of the videos when you enter the pits you get put in a default view, like F1 2010. Not sure why.

The F10 is P/S, maybe it's damage related. I can't imagine the F1 cars get damaged. They would look crap with GT5's damage engine TBH.
sounds logic too...no change the car (no rims) and no damage like Prologue.

Woooooaaaaah I guess you don't know that all HDMI cables are the same. There aren't varying levels of HDMI quality. It's either on or off. Nothing more. An HDMI cable that is $2 will deliver the exact same picture as a $250 one. Speaking of which, next time you feel like getting a new cable, go to monoprice.com. Got mine for $5 and it hasn't failed yet in a year and produces the same quality as my bro's $80 Monster cable.

o
This is true up to 25 feet cable. Digital signal (square wave) get weak and pick up interference just the same just not as noticeable in cables less than 25 feet.

Nice update amar!

Also regarding do your question about Jay Leno, he did a GT interview and one of his car is featured in GT5 (forgot the name).

"Another important issue - particularly to all members of GTP Registry League, as Sjaak asked me - is that save files are really copy-protected, period. You can't copy them to memory stick and that is it."

What then is "Portable Garage"?

This is true up to 25 feet cable. Digital signal (square wave) get weak and pick up interference just the same just not as noticeable in cables less than 25 feet.
Yep

on topic: no rewind? Wasn't there rewind in GT4? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

While this is true for the quality of the signal, monsters are better quality cable as far as build structure/cable thickness and the connectors don't feel as cheap, especially with the old RCA cables (But I wouldn't pay 60 dollars more for them). but yeah, to me with HDMI, the 10 dollar ones I have work just fine.

OaVOC.jpg

This image has clearly been INTENTIONALLY photoshopped by some envious Forza supporter :cheers: Or whatever in the world it is, that's most certainly not tearing. :cool:

Yeah, in one of the videos when you enter the pits you get put in a default view, like F1 2010. Not sure why.
So so the headtracking won't be available only during the pit-stop(not the entire race?

The F10 is P/S, maybe it's damage related. I can't imagine the F1 cars get damaged. They would look crap with GT5's damage engine TBH

The F10 does not have P/S besides it's name. I think you confused the F10 with the F2007 (does have P/S). The P/S is clearly for cars that have both a premium and standard model.

Two reasons why Jay Leno was in the credits:

1. The Jay Leno Tank Car AKA the Blastaline Special

2. PD recorded and modelled a lot of the cars in GT4 and 5 using cars from Jay's collection. And, in fact, the only reason why the tank car is in GT4/5 is because PD was there doing a recording session, saw the car and put it in.

This image has clearly been INTENTIONALLY photoshopped by some envious Forza supporter :cheers: Or whatever in the world it is, that's most certainly not tearing. :cool:
It's not been photo shopped, if you pause the video it's taken from you can see it happening quite frequently. But your right, that's not tearing. I think it's caused because the youtube video is running at half the frame rate of the game.

The F10 does not have P/S besides it's name. I think you confused the F10 with the F2007 (does have P/S). The P/S is clearly for cars that have both a premium and standard model.

it is not about model. only for damage and we know that standard cars can not change rims. it keeps the car look like it is and no damage at all like in Prologue. same model as premium details and cockpit view.
And one more thing...S/P=one car only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back