GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Another important issue - particularly to all members of GTP Registry League, as Sjaak asked me - is that save files are really copy-protected, period. You can't copy them to memory stick and that is it."

Not sure how that will effect the GTP Registry?.. You dont mean replays are copy protected do you?

Do you know how long it takes to do a HDD backup & how "Hot" the PS3 gets doing one! Not something you want to do every week.
About 2 hours? Yeah I know it's not like saving on your PS2 memory card.
Oh what the hell PD....

About 2 hours? Yeah I know it's not like saving on your PS2 memory card.
Oh what the hell PD....

Mine takes 10+ hours I have a lot of "Demo's" and music. You can't just do a "Backup" and backup anything new you have to do a complete backup.

Please, Amar

Could you describe, in as much detail possible ,how much the slipstream affects racing.

Can you slipstream as much in GT5 Prologue??

Please do a test at high speed(300km/h+) so we can once and for all confirm that ridiculous slipstreaming is gone, pretty extra sweetly please!!??

How would you compare GT5 physics to Enthusia? I heard that a programmer behind Konami's title was hired by Polyphony.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the updates, its cool to read about the game before it's released. Just wondering if you could let us know a little more about the damage model and how it affects cars in the game.

Thanks!

Like GRID and Forza 3. I'm not sure about replays, but what he means is in-game (make a mistake, and rewind).

Oh right :crazy: Good!
I really enjoyed Grid, and it was a great feature, but I wouldn't want it in Gran Turismo ever. Not in a simulation game. :yuck:

Didn't know Forza 3 had it - strange.

Excuse me.. Btw, Hello.. I appreciate you gave some hints about what GT5 is but there's one thing that is running through my head.. Well, not just in my head but probably all the GT Fans... ARe you sure that Standard cars will not be able to change the rims??? How come? what version o f GT5 do you have? Well, that's the only thing that I am surprised. But about other else, I am so excited. :D

This has been asked and answered a MILLION times!Standard cars WILL NOT be able to change rims.We have seen screenshots saying so and this guy so i am pretty confident he is correct.I am pretty sure he has the full version of the game what other version would he have?

Regarding the clutch in the G25, is it treated as an analogue or digital input? ie. Does the clutch have a progressive release, as in a real car, or is it simply on/off?
If it is analogue, does the "biting" point change between cars, tuning, upgrades, etc? Or is it consistent between cars?
Thanks, and keep the great updates coming, Amar.

Oh right :crazy: Good!
I really enjoyed Grid, and it was a great feature, but I wouldn't want it in Gran Turismo ever. Not in a simulation game. :yuck:

Didn't know Forza 3 had it - strange.

I think in Forza it could only be used once per race. It was a weird addition anyway, but you didnt have to use it. It was added in to try and make the game more friendly to newcomers. I never used it, so it wasnt like it ruined the game.

It wasnt a bad idea actually. If you were working on perfecting a certain turn, you could use it to try again rather than start the race over. It was useful.

I think in Forza it could only be used once per race. It was a weird addition anyway, but you didnt have to use it. It was added in to try and make the game more friendly to newcomers. I never used it, so it wasnt like it ruined the game.

It wasnt a bad idea actually. If you were working on perfecting a certain turn, you could use it to try again rather than start the race over. It was useful.

Forza 3 you had unlimited rewind.

You could just get the Nixim mod which is very cheap. I'm using this mod and have a set of CSP as well (use with G27 on PC) and can tell you it works and feels very close to the load cell in CSP. This mod is nothing but a hard piece of rubber you put inside your brake pedal.
http://www.nixim.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3

P.S you can use the carpet grip with this mod as long as you don't press the brakes too hard. If Gt5 brakes are sensitive then this shouldn't be much of a problem.

I modded it myself about a month ago. I took it apart, stretched the spring out, put some spacers on top and bottom of the spring and also put some stiff foam inside the spring. Mine might even harder to depress than that mod. I have my pedals secured- not going anywhere.

I wish I knew what AMAR meant by that though. The G25 pedals not good enough? I would disagree, but I don't have GT5 yet. The G25's brake pedal is 100 times better than DFpro or DFGT though. I Know that for a fact.

Thank you Amar. Your contribution to the community is appreciated.
You are tackling the game as I would. Get the golds buddy! :)

To the rim changing complainers -

I can't believe this has become such an issue.
I read more than I post but I just had to say something about this.
I've played the Gran Turismo series since GT1 and I can't remember the last time I even thought to change rims on a car.
Has it really become that important to alter the view of a car when it encompasses a minute percentage of your playing time?

During replays with the wheels in motion you don't even notice changes.
During driving you could care less.
During purchasing it's inconsequential.
During tuning it's irrelevant. (Though, perhaps it should be)
Since when has the garage car selection become so key to this game's importance?

Maybe I've lost focus and thought the driving experience was what has become the selling point of this franchise.

At every launch Gran Turismo has been the pinnacle of driving physics.
Thanks to Amar, and others, it would seem this launch is no different.
It looks like my enjoyment will be fulfilled once again regardless of some graphics I may see for a few seconds of my gaming time.

@ Track_Veteran Exactly.👍

PD worked hard in adding most of the features that people wanted wheather,damage,track creator,etc.

Does the inability to change rims on most cars really ruin the game that much?

BWX
I modded it myself about a month ago. I took it apart, stretched the spring out, put some spacers on top and bottom of the spring and also put some stiff foam inside the spring. Mine might even harder to depress than that mod. I have my pedals secured- not going anywhere.

I wish I knew what AMAR meant by that though. The G25 pedals not good enough? I would disagree, but I don't have GT5 yet. The G25's brake pedal is 100 times better than DFpro or DFGT though. I Know that for a fact.
He probably referring the fact you really need to gauged the brakes by pressure instead trying to gauged them by distance. Thus brake are sensitive like they were in Forza 3. DFGT has weaker pedals so even harder to gauge brake pressure. Your mod just like nixim mod should help gauge how much brakes being applied close to a load cell. This helps avoid locking up your brakes.

Last edited:
gtsheader.jpg

I found Jay Leno's name in Credits. Hm. Any thoughts?

***ENDS

Jay leno has alot of cars that may be the only surviving model of its kind in the world. I would assume that this would be the reasoning as they probally used his cars to re-create them digitally.

Great reviewing Amar!

Two questions to add form myself, that I think many would be interested in

1) Track list: siena (that kart track), spa, weather locations, hockenheim, el capitan, etc... all thought to be in GT5 but not on that list. Even if you can't disclose all the tracks, could you mention if any of the above are indeed, as expected, in it? (even a simple yes or no would suffice)

2) Using the DS3, dualshock 3... I know many hear have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on l33t wheel setups with crazy cockpits and surround sound setups etc... But for the average guy who just want a racing game, how does the DS3 go? Is it well suited, or more like the TT, or more like F1 2010 where you can't really drive with a DS3 at all?

thanks.

Hi Amar, can your let us know what replay options are available?

Also when you said there is no Rewind, did you mean like how GRID/Forza etc have a gameplay rewind function or did you mean replay rewind?

Hi Amar, can your let us know what replay options are available?

Also when you said there is no Rewind, did you mean like how GRID/Forza etc have a gameplay rewind function or did you mean replay rewind?

Yea, I think that's what he means by the way it's worded. No rewind like Grid and Forza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back