GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Just got my copy today (from Amazon.co.uk) and it has crashed 3 times in one hour:nervous: I have a phat PS3 launch day purchase with no problems unless problems have been reported on any previous games.

Trouble is that searching for 'crashes' on this forum can be hard!

Just so that anyone knows. I have full install. The game locked twice during first couple of licence tests and once during a lobby refresh. It was never during gameplay and always during the menu screen. I had XMB available twice and the lobby locked the whole console up.

I hope that noone gets scared or put off by this post as noone seems to be having the same issues as me (as far as I can tell) so dive in and enjoy. I just hope my PS3 starts behaving or I may just be buying a slim.

Having played the game for some hours now, I can say that the game is looking great, but the sound and physics are not correct all the time. For instance: I bought an Corvette '96 (223kw/514Nm), and I was extremely surprised that this car drives away like a Golf....No white smoke when reving the engine to its max, and then going of the brakes! Strange thing I thought, so I bought a racing exhaust for some extra PS/KWs! Sometimes the rear wills will spin...And after having attached the racing exhaust all this nice V8 sound was gone and it sounded like a 4-6 cylinder, but no brabbling or anything of a typical american V8-sound anymore! WHY? It should just be louder....

Anyways, later I tried the second special challenge on the Top Gear Track with the Elise 111R, which is a really tough car to handle, but with this little thingy powerdrifts in fourth gear are no problem, which I cannot really understand. With the Corvette oversteering in 2nd gear is already unlikely. Specs of the Elise are: 141kw / 180Nm! But this little thing will spin out at 3000 rpm's! Something is not right here.

Corvette driven with standart tyres, all aids off! Elise nothing can be changed! Elise drives like a different car in this game (a bit Ford GTish)

The rest of the game I saw so far, everything was great!

Just got my copy today (from Amazon.co.uk) and it has crashed 3 times in one hour:nervous: I have a phat PS3 launch day purchase with no problems unless problems have been reported on any previous games.

Trouble is that searching for 'crashes' on this forum can be hard!

Just so that anyone knows. I have full install. The game locked twice during first couple of licence tests and once during a lobby refresh. It was never during gameplay and always during the menu screen. I had XMB available twice and the lobby locked the whole console up.

I hope that noone gets scared or put off by this post as noone seems to be having the same issues as me (as far as I can tell) so dive in and enjoy. I just hope my PS3 starts behaving or I may just be buying a slim.

some others have suggested to just disconnect from PSN for now, that seems to be the problem

I'd never thought I would one day find myself saying this(thank goodness I didn't bet anything :lol:), but the song for the American Intro is actually not bad. I know their is a ton of you that hate it just because its MCR period (as I once did), but after actually hearing it I really like it and this is coming from one of the biggest MCR haters ever.

Of course there's no online Time trial, the servers aren't up so naturally none of the online features will work yet.

But is there any "button" to be pressed to find online time trials - button which would at least give you some info - "not available ye" or something like that??

I just found out that signature edition that I ordered lunches 2 days later in my country :(( this is just cruel :(
What do you think I shall do ? - buy standard and then signature after 2 days ? (wouldn't installing one version then second make some errors/bugs, wouldn't it ban me from taking part in that sls competition ?)
buy standard and cancel signature order (as a "punishment" to SONY for the delay)?
wait another 2 days ?...:ouch::indiff::nervous::(

Hi everybody!

Pre-event launch in Madrid. Yamauchi sign copies of Gran Turismo 5 in Game shop.

6g8xl5.jpg

SLS red

2vlscpj.jpg

Me and Translator's Guy XD

312topv.jpg

Yamauchi sign my PS3 SLIM :P

309royc.jpg
ç

Bye! ;)

But is there any "button" to be pressed to find online time trials - button which would at least give you some info - "not available ye" or something like that??

I just found out that signature edition that I ordered lunches 2 days later in my country :(( this is just cruel :(
What do you think I shall do ? - buy standard and then signature after 2 days ? (wouldn't installing one version then second make some errors/bugs, wouldn't it ban me from taking part in that sls competition ?)
buy standard and cancel signature order (as a "punishment" to SONY for the delay)?
wait another 2 days ?...:ouch::indiff::nervous::(

Thats strange in Poland, is so closed to Czech Republic...here no problems cause tomorrow i´ll have it on my door :D

No, there isn't. It could be done dynamically, though, in the sense that an additional menu item appears as soon as you're logged on and the time trial server is active. It could disappear as soon as you log off. Would make sense because you don't want to see dead icons when you're offline.

00:02 GMT, Stayed up until 4 am in Abu Dhabi for this moment. And my internet went down at 23:59. I hate my life.:guilty:

GT5 IS HERE :dopey::drool::crazy::scared::sly:

We in Australia still have 23hrs to wait. Going to try and convince the Local Ebgames guys that the gran turismo site is right and the game should be released today

Josh

We in Australia still have 23hrs to wait. Going to try and convince the Local Ebgames guys that the gran turismo site is right and the game should be released today

Josh

Good luck. Transcript of conversation from yesterday with local Harvey Norman guy follows:

Me: Hi, I've got Gran Turismo 5 on pre-order, just wondering when I can pick it up? ( :D )
HNG: We'll have it on release day, which is next week.
Me: Release day is the 25th, that's Thursday.
HNG: Yes, my week starts on Wednesday.
Me (in my mind): What the 🤬 are you talking about you 🤬 🤬.
Me (in real life): So you will definitely have it on Thursday.
HNG: Yes, we will have it available on release day.

Same, sometimes I feel like I'm supposed to like it lol.

question is how long have you been with this series? I've been playing since GT1 and immediately fell in love with the GT series. This song is iconic throughout the whole series, it's their theme song. It has great nostalgic value and, for me, when I heard it in the japanese intro it makes me look flashback to GT1 and it's like witnessing a childhood friend growing up with you. It definitely made my eyes watery and I'm sure I'm not the only one

question is how long have you been with this series? I've been playing since GT1 and immediately fell in love with the GT series. This song is iconic throughout the whole series, it's their theme song. It has great nostalgic value and, for me, when I heard it in the japanese intro it makes me look flashback to GT1 and it's like witnessing a childhood friend growing up with you. It definitely made my eyes watery and I'm sure I'm not the only one

The Cardigans is where it's at.

Nop...you´re not the only one...+1:tup:

For those in Durham region in Ontario, Rogers Video in Ajax (Kingston/Westney) just sold me a copy of Gran Turismo 5. They are open until 11pm tonight.

Hey guys,

Is it possible for on of my fellow Australians with thread making capabilities to make a new thread specifically about a break in the GT5 release date here in Aus?

Back when the Microsoft competitor came out last year there was a good thread over there that helped a great deal in getting the word out that the release date had broken which prompted EB head office to send all their stores emails to start selling.

Just a suggestion, sorry it's a little off topic but I'm tired of scanning and searching through the replies here to find whispers about the Australian release. Also sick of hearing about how every other country already has it! ):

Much thanks.

By your powers combined, I'M CAPTAIN PLANET

Good Luck everyone tomorrow 👍 Yes am pasting this here too, Very excited game is installing.

Latest Posts

Back