GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Notice the tall building, all the windows that is lighten up make GT symbol. LOL

specialstageroute5.jpg

About those codes, try again tomorrow, when the game is officially available.

And those lights are a pretty neat little easter egg! It always shows the game developers have some humour and imagination!

I'm glad to know there is no online Time Trial NOW and not find out on my own tomorrow. Its crazy-stupid that its not there!! ..but coming here to discover it early softens the blow. On second thought, no, it doesnt. No online Time Trial mode is strictly insane.

I'm trying to enter my GT5 Collector's Edition redeem code in the Playstation Store, but it's not accepted: "The code you entered may not be correct or is no longer valid. Check your entries".

I have checked and rechecked, and the code is correct. I assume that the code in that extra little booklet is meant give us the extra cars.

Does anybody know what could be wrong?
Maybe it's just a server overload problem, I had the same problem with heavy rain dlc, I just had to try a lot ( try tomorrow early in the morning or tonight)

How long do you play to reach level 20 in the A spec mode? Whats with the graphic? I hear some guys who are really disappointed about it. Are they right?

About 4 days play (about 14 hours / day, a lot for me), but much trial and error. There will be guides out soon how to pop lvl 20 in 2 days.
I did try to take cups where the car could not keep up, the IA License was pretty nasty for me, the S was not that bad tho. Got stuck on Rally because I suck at rally so did more cups double-triple time to get next level.

The graphics are sweet. When you go 400 in the cockpit, you have no time to watch if the shadows are spot on every image. Truly epic feeling around the ring in fog+rain, or sundown, or nighttime with a high powered car. Just epic.
The replay shadows are a little off at times, true, but not like the last Forza where the whole replay felt stale, the cameras where just bad and still was not HD and not almost 60 fps including lightning and weather. in GT5 it's like watching TV with impossible cameras, where you could never set one up. Like on the side of the car keeping up at high speeds. Unreal nice.

You would to search really hard for flaws, that make it really feel like an unfinshed game. There aren't any in my opinion. The PS3 has limits and GT5 is pretty much on the edge (like 95%, my PS3 cooling fans can tell a tale about it).
One time overheat, my fault. Online not working when it's not even out ? Well I just did an online lobby with friends and it did work. Not every car in the world ? Well duh ...

For my part, as a hobby video gamer, car lover, nürbingring visitor (well once, still was there in my real car), it's just what I need.
Forza was fun, enjoyed it for 2-3 weeks, but watching replays was not, which I do like. The physics levels above other games (maybe Live for speed close by ... maybe) , and just feel more real to me than Forza with the Microsoft wheel ever did.
Sound in DTS 5.1 is amazing, the pimped out viper with race exhaust idling, making your woofer go nuts and your windows scream. Then you hit the gas pedal and go 300 in an instant, just WOW.
Graphics are sweet, the lightning just makes it stand out. The changing shadows in the cockpit and the shaking of the car while rain sets in ... awesome sauce ...

For the critics, you can order your B-Spec driver multiple commands if you spam the X button sometimes. And only your car makes the trackside and fog light up, the others dont. Here you go ...

Thanks again PD for a great game

PS: So many Typos, ... to sleepy, 23:56, good night :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I'd never thought I would one day find myself saying this(thank goodness I didn't bet anything :lol:), but the song for the American Intro is actually not bad. I know their is a ton of you that hate it just because its MCR period (as I once did), but after actually hearing it I really like it and this is coming from one of the biggest MCR haters ever.

I'm glad to know there is no online Time Trial NOW and not find out on my own tomorrow. Its crazy-stupid that its not there!! ..but coming here to discover it early softens the blow. On second thought, no, it doesnt. No online Time Trial mode is strictly insane.

Of course there's no online Time trial, the servers aren't up so naturally none of the online features will work yet.

Did a stupid thing today. I had pre-ordered the game from blockbuster and they called to say it will be ready to pick up on the 24th. I tried my luck and went in today to ask if 'The game i had pre-ordered was here'. He opened the drawer with all the pre-order games in and there it was! my copy of GT5 all shiney and new!! I asked if i could have it and he replied 'Can't sell it until tomorrow'. It was just there, i was sooo close, literally a metre away from it! I had two options. Smack the jobsworth over the head with my rucksack, jump him, grab the game and run or walk out. Option 'B' although the most sensible, never feels good once followed.

I'd never thought I would one day find myself saying this(thank goodness I didn't bet anything :lol:), but the song for the American Intro is actually not bad. I know their is a ton of you that hate it just because its MCR period (as I once did), but after actually hearing it I really like it and this is coming from one of the biggest MCR haters ever.

I thought the song surprisingly didn't ruin the intro, but after seeing the Japanese intro with Moon Over the Castle, I take it back :grumpy:

I want my MOTC intro!!!!

Did a stupid thing today. I tried my luck and went in today to ask if 'The game i had pre-ordered was here'. He opened the drawer with all the pre-order games in and there it was! my copy of GT5 all shiney and new!! I asked if i could have it and he replied 'Can't sell it until tomorrow'.

I started a thread that got locked of this exact thing: walked into Gamestop to see an open box FULL of GT5 behind the counter. I asked the clerk if he got the memo about being able to sell the game a day early ...he said he hadnt. Then he smiled and said 'sorry' :)

I thought the song surprisingly didn't ruin the intro, but after seeing the Japanese intro with Moon Over the Castle, I take it back :grumpy:

I want my MOTC intro!!!!

Honestly, I don't understand the big draw to that song. I know its been synominous with GT, but I don't get it. Maybe because of me being used to hearing the intros to the American versions and only until a few years ago listening to it is why.

Did a stupid thing today. I had pre-ordered the game from blockbuster and they called to say it will be ready to pick up on the 24th. I tried my luck and went in today to ask if 'The game i had pre-ordered was here'. He opened the drawer with all the pre-order games in and there it was! my copy of GT5 all shiney and new!! I asked if i could have it and he replied 'Can't sell it until tomorrow'. It was just there, i was sooo close, literally a metre away from it! I had two options. Smack the jobsworth over the head with my rucksack, jump him, grab the game and run or walk out. Option 'B' although the most sensible, never feels good once followed.
hahahaha...amazing...haha:dopey:

I started a thread that got locked of this exact thing: walked into Gamestop to see an open box FULL of GT5 behind the counter. I asked the clerk if he got the memo about being able to sell the game a day early ...he said he hadnt. Then he smiled and said 'sorry' :)

These people just don't understand! :crazy:

Honestly, I don't understand the big draw to that song. I know its been synominous with GT, but I don't get it. Maybe because of me being used to hearing the intros to the American versions and only until a few years ago listening to it is why.

Same, sometimes I feel like I'm supposed to like it lol.

Of course there's no online Time trial, the servers aren't up so naturally none of the online features will work yet.

Not having the game in front of me I go by what I read. I knew the servers werent up! (by reading) But I also read there doesnt seem to be any function available for TT mode. That its missing in action altogether.
I should have maybe not come here and just waited to discover GT5 for myself.

Enjoy it 👍...i´m still waiting until tomorrow for Signature Edition in my home. Cheers!
Oh...wait until tomorrow to enter the code maybe it works...did you upgrade to last version of GT5 ? (1.01)
I did the 1.01 update. Will try again tomorrow - there's quite enough to keep me occupied until then :D

DJ
--

About 4 days play (about 14 hours / day, a lot for me), but much trial and error. There will be guides out soon how to pop lvl 20 in 2 days.
I did try to take cups where the car could not keep up, the IA License was pretty nasty for me, the S was not that bad tho. Got stuck on Rally because I suck at rally so did more cups double-triple time to get next level.

The graphics are sweet. When you go 400 in the cockpit, you have no time to watch if the shadows are spot on every image. Truly epic feeling around the ring in fog+rain, or sundown, or nighttime with a high powered car. Just epic.
The replay shadows are a little off at times, true, but not like the last Forza where the whole replay felt stale, the cameras where just bad and still was not HD and not almost 60 fps including lightning and weather. in GT5 it's like watching TV with impossible cameras, where you could never set one up. Like on the side of the car keeping up at high speeds. Unreal nice.

You would to search really hard for flaws, that make it really feel like an unfinshed game. There aren't any in my opinion. The PS3 has limits and GT5 is pretty much on the edge (like 95%, my PS3 cooling fans can tell a tale about it).
One time overheat, my fault. Online not working when it's not even out ? Well I just did an online lobby with friends and it did work. Not every car in the world ? Well duh ...

For my part, as a hobby video gamer, car lover, nürbingring visitor (well once, still was there in my real car), it's just what I need.
Forza was fun, enjoyed it for 2-3 weeks, but watching replays was not, which I do like. The physics levels above other games (maybe Live for speed close by ... maybe) , and just feel more real to me than Forza with the Microsoft wheel ever did.
Sound in DTS 5.1 is amazing, the pimped out viper with race exhaust idling, making your woofer go nuts and your windows scream. Then you hit the gas pedal and go 300 in an instant, just WOW.
Graphics are sweet, the lightning just makes it stand out. The changing shadows in the cockpit and the shaking of the car while rain sets in ... awesome sauce ...

For the critics, you can order your B-Spec driver multiple commands if you spam the X button sometimes. And only your car makes the trackside and fog light up, the others dont. Here you go ...

Thanks again PD for a great game

PS: So many Typos, ... to sleepy, 23:56, good night

Thank you for the the detailed answer. Wow, 14 hours a day is a lot. So you still played more than 50 hours. And were the license tests as difficult as they were in GT 4 and do you think that there are enough race events in the A spec mode because I saw on youtube that only 9 race events exist in the first two series( I guess beginner and amateur)each. Are there more events in the other three series? Thank you for the answer. Good night and keep racing.

To fix this you have to change your daylight savings to standard in system settings!!!!!!!!--------

vulcanproject Junior Member
There must be a menu bug???? I am online, and entering GT mode it asks for the Home settings, then a screen for 'basic information setting' where you can do whatever you want, you cannot get the game to respond by clicking on 'OK'.

Thus I cant play GT mode while i am logged in online as it demands this setup every time you enter Gt mode logged into PSN.

HELP?

EDIT: After quitting and back into the game 5 times, it allowed me into GT mode while online without asking the questions and getting unresponsive at said 'basic info setting' screen. Be warned people...

Thank you for the the detailed answer. Wow, 14 hours a day is a lot. So you still played more than 50 hours. And were the license tests as difficult as they were in GT 4 and do you think that there are enough race events in the A spec mode because I saw on youtube that only 9 race events exist in the first two series( I guess beginner and amateur)each. Are there more events in the other three series? Thank you for the answer. Good night and keep racing.

-Sleeptyping-

Being used to GT2-4 licenses I would say familiar difficulty.
Aspec-9events each class- it's beginner-amateur-pro-expert-extrem - but I think more will unlock. Some challeges under special have 21+ requirements to play. Some of the cups have up to 6 races with alot of laps, expect like 12-14 minutes a race x 6 = quite long cup.

zZzZz

...--- Online works, with friends, they show up in menu + their a-spec bspec lvls, you can select Join Friends room ---...
...--- All the "Online does not work whiny guys" are Forza fanboys converting right now ---...
...--- The cake is a lie ---...

zzzZZzz

...--- The endurace events in GT4 were unlock very late ---...
...--- and had a diffrent icon than the other races ---...
...--- There is a little space under special in the main menu, could fit a button there ---...
...--- or to the left or right of a-b spec ---...
...--- or just under specials where the rally loeb test popped in ---...

:gtpflag:

zzzZZZ ... Veyron + SuperStage7 + Chemical Brothers = nice dream ... ZZZzzz
zzzZzZ ... My Golf Mk4 + Nürburgring Night + Blue Dashboard lights (ya they really do light up blue in game with a nice blur at high speed, not too much, not too little just the right kind of blur ... Zzz

Last edited:
-Sleeptyping-

Being used to GT2-4 licenses I would say familiar difficulty.
Aspec-9events each class- it's beginner-amateur-pro-expert-extrem - but I think more will unlock. Some challeges under special have 21+ requirements to play. Some of the cups have up to 6 races with alot of laps, expect like 12-14 minutes a race x 6 = quite long cup.

zZzZz

...--- Online works, with friends, they show up in menu + their a-spec bspec lvls, you can select Join Friends room ---...
...--- All the "Online does not work whiny guys" are Forza fanboys converting right now ---...
...--- The cake is a lie ---...

zzzZZzz

...--- The endurace events in GT4 were unlock very late ---...
...--- and had a diffrent icon than the other races ---...
...--- There is a little space under special in the main menu, could fit a button there ---...
...--- or to the left or right of a-b spec ---...
...--- or just under specials where the rally loeb test popped in ---...

:gtpflag:

zzzZZZ ... Veyron + SuperStage7 + Chemical Brothers = nice dream ... ZZZzzz
zzzZzZ ... My Golf Mk4 + Nürburgring Night + Blue Dashboard lights (ya they really do light up blue in game with a nice blur at high speed, not too much, not too little just the right kind of blur ... Zzz

👍
Thanks again buddy. Nice to see you in-game :drool:

I actually ordered on July 24 - and after the delay from 11/2 my order showed ship date of 12/31...after reading others saying they canceled and reordered to get the date to be correct, I canceled and reordered on 11/16 and the ship date showed 11/23 - I do have Amazon prime and release date delivery is part of the deal.

I have prime as well, which makes it even more frustrating... ugh. I'll be picking it up tomorrow though, so it's over now. Can't wait!

Last edited:
WOW. This was just posted on Facebook by the folks over at Playstation!!!

"The moment that many of us have been waiting for is finally upon us; tomorrow morning Gran Turismo 5 will launch in the US! In celebration, we will holding a special launch day event at the newly opened PlayStation Lounge in New York.

Kicking off the event, we will be rewarding the first 50 people who purchase the standard edition of GT5 ($59.99) with an upgrade to the Collector’s Edition at no extra charge! Be sure to get there early as the doors will open at 10:00 am.

Can’t make it in the morning? We’ve got you covered. Throughout the day we will be giving gifting GT5 purchasers with posters, keychains, and cellphone attachments (while supplies last). Also, we will be raffling off Logitech steering wheels and limited edition GT5 Tissot watches throughout the day.

Come celebrate one of the most anticipated games of the year!!"

JUST WOW!!!!

"The moment that many of us have been waiting for is finally upon us; tomorrow morning Gran Turismo 5 will launch in the US! In celebration, we will holding a special launch day event at the newly opened PlayStation Lounge in New York.

Kicking off the event, we will be rewarding the first 50 people who purchase the standard edition of GT5 ($59.99) with an upgrade to the Collector’s Edition at no extra charge! Be sure to get there early as the doors will open at 10:00 am.

Can’t make it in the morning? We’ve got you covered. Throughout the day we will be giving gifting GT5 purchasers with posters, keychains, and cellphone attachments (while supplies last). Also, we will be raffling off Logitech steering wheels and limited edition GT5 Tissot watches throughout the day.

JUST WOW!!!!

Go there and make a video and post it here!:D

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC) :

1 Gran Turismo 5 Collector's... $99.99 1 $99.99

Shipped via FedEx

Tracking number: 467880268002

Item Subtotal: $99.99
Shipping and handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: $0.00
Promotion Applied: $-20.00
Total: $79.99
Paid by Gift Certificate: $79.99

My order has been shipped, good thing its fedex delivery. looks like ill be playing around noon tomorrow

JUST WOW!!!!

That's amazing, If only I wasn't almost 3000 miles away :indiff:

Latest Posts

Back