Your Panoramas (s12ken's Tutorial Added)

• Thread starter Sprite
  • 291 comments
Thanks BB.. I'm getting the technique nailed down a bit more, hopefully I can put together a Photostitch tutorial soon. ;)

Although nowhere near the awesomeness as s12ken - I've done a couple more:

Laguna Seca:

Suzuka:

(Warning large sizes upon click-through).

s12ken - I love your work! That pic of that R32 GTR looks sooo realistic and all the other panoramas are just incredible!
I'll definitely have to give it a try some time soon :D

How many photos per panorama do you take? And do you stitch them manually?
I'd love to see you write a tutorial or something 👍 Great work!

Ah, thanks! I use a somewhat similar style. I have a few photos to make a panorama still to be used on my computer, I'll post the result when I'm done :)

the tutorial is great Ken, but it doesn't do me a damn bit of good :lol:
Here's 2 more i did today. I quite like both except for the horrible pixel bleed.

Love the tutorial and I adore those two shots or the R34 Drifting Ken 👍

Put the tutorial up on the first post, I'm going to give the tutorial a go, just got the perfect car for the job too :D

And Gtuned those are some lovely pans too.

Sorry to ask a simple question, but neither tutorial seemed to explain it in detail. When taking the pictures themselves, should I just be moving the camera with the left stick (panning), with the right stick, or a combination of both? I've never done any panorama stitching, so I'm not sure how to go about getting the source material in the first place.

Sorry to ask a simple question, but neither tutorial seemed to explain it in detail. When taking the pictures themselves, should I just be moving the camera with the left stick (panning), with the right stick, or a combination of both? I've never done any panorama stitching, so I'm not sure how to go about getting the source material in the first place.

move the camera with the right stick, in small increments, also when taking at extreme angles below 35mm, you'll have to make slight rotational corrections accordingly by holding R1 and nudging the right stick until the camera auto-levels with the ground, this is what I do in portrait mode, dunno if this also applies to landscape photos. HTH!

Schawdegan, I also love the corkscrew panorama. Give it that sense on extream angle that the road actually has, usually when you drive it, it never seems too steep but that shot shows just how steep the road is. Very well done 👍

Back