RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

And if that was the first tune you'd request, I'd be feeling a bit disappointed, a bit angry and still laughing as I read the requirements for the tune…For it to 'outdrag a corvette'? Or to outhandle a lotus?
But truth be told, I suck at tuning and he does need some help with his garage, so if you wouldn't mind, how about help him a little? RJ did help *slightly* before taking the piss out of him. His whole thread is just filled with random people asking for tunes and taking it all for granted (it seems anyway)

Nah, I want it to rally. :D

From what I remember, Avid was good at tuning so I'm not sure where you think he needs help. :boggled:

RKM Motorsport’s NSX R1

NSXR1.jpg

NSXR1_Big.jpg

Based on: Acura NSX ‘91
Obtained: Brand new model at Acura

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 419 BHP (@ 132.9 miles)
Torque:---- 40 kgfm
Weight:---- 1045 kg
PP:-------- 556

PARTS
GT Auto

Racing Modifications

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Hard Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/60

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.868
2nd:-- 1.890
3rd:-- 1.414
4th:-- 1.108
5th:-- 0.915
Final: 4.000
Max Speed: 199 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/17
Accel:-- 0/29
Braking: 0/7

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 12.0/13.0
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 3/4
Camber:----- 2.6/2.2
Toe:-------- –0.25/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This is the NSX R1, a racing modified version of the Acura NSX built for racing hard tyres. The inherent flaws with the NA1 platform have been tuned out and as a result, the R1 can run with cars that are 20 years younger. The only problem is the 5-speed gearbox, we’re stuck with that. Sorry.

24th Oct 2011 - Spec II adjustments.

Last edited:
YES! I've been waiting for an RM NSX tune forever! Gonna try it out right now, might make another review of it too. ;) And since you tuned it, its' gonna be good, very, seeing how content I was with your Midnight Z and your Super Turbo.

By the way, is performance on this car increased with Soft Tires?
And I don't know why GT didn't put a Six-speed in every one of their RM cars.

Well, I just thought he could do with some help getting started again after being gone for 3 months or so, but he's quite capable, I was running my NSX and Mclaren F1 on his tunes before I switched to yours for the reviews, so let's see how he gets on for the first few days/weeks/months back. And I'll let him know about the rally Prius :D, it'll be a nice welcome back gift from the people he was targeting from the start.

Edit: Ohh an Acura NSX tune :D was this released to counter the M3 CSL?

👍 I've had a fully modded one of these for a while. Been sticking with the LDP tune for a while but not you have one I might go and try it.

Is it me or has this thread turned into a chatroom!
Anyway im here to say... Hi everbody! :lol: :D
It was a tuning garage thread until people realised we weren't all serious like other tuners so it turned into a chatroom. :lol:
YES! I've been waiting for an RM NSX tune forever! Gonna try it out right now, might make another review of it too. ;) And since you tuned it, its' gonna be good, very, seeing how content I was with your Midnight Z and your Super Turbo.

By the way, is performance on this car increased with Soft Tires?
And I don't know why GT didn't put a Six-speed in every one of their RM cars.
Racing soft or sport soft? Of course it'll be better with racing softs but I tuned it on racing hards to keep the car's character.
Well, I just thought he could do with some help getting started again after being gone for 3 months or so, but he's quite capable, I was running my NSX and Mclaren F1 on his tunes before I switched to yours for the reviews, so let's see how he gets on for the first few days/weeks/months back. And I'll let him know about the rally Prius :D, it'll be a nice welcome back gift from the people he was targeting from the start.

Edit: Ohh an Acura NSX tune :D was this released to counter the M3 CSL?

Oh he'll be fine. Give the guy some credit. :P I want the rally Prius from you, Onboy. :P Bahaha. :lol:

Nope. Just a fun tune for me. :P

I gave the VTi-R some new shoes. :D

HondaCivicEK9-017.jpg

HondaCivicEK9-019.jpg

And this is going to be my next comfort soft tune, the RKM Ricer. It'll be in driftking18594's story before I release it though. :D

HondaCivicEK9-020.jpg

HondaCivicEK9-021.jpg

It was a tuning garage thread until people realised we weren't all serious like other tuners so it turned into a chatroom. :lol:

And you think that me and my tuning garage are serious.. Ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

Well no im a sucker for comedy... you will see on sunday! :D
(I've got a special suprise planned for my tuning garage!)

RKM Motorsport’s NSX R1

NSXR1.jpg

NSXR1_Big.jpg

Based on: Acura NSX ‘91
Obtained: Brand new model at Acura

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 421 BHP (@ 124.6 miles)
Torque:---- 39 kgfm
Weight:---- 1045 kg
PP:-------- 554

PARTS
GT Auto

Racing Modifications

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Hard Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/60

Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 2.868
2nd:-- 1.890
3rd:-- 1.414
4th:-- 1.108
5th:-- 0.915
Final: 4.000
Max Speed: 199 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/17
Accel:-- 0/29
Braking: 0/7

Suspension
Suspension

Spring Rate: 12.0/13.0
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 3/4
Camber:----- 2.6/2.2
Toe:-------- –0.25/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
This is the NSX R1, a racing modified version of the Acura NSX built for racing hard tyres. The inherent flaws with the NA1 platform have been tuned out and as a result, the R1 can run with cars that are 20 years younger. The only problem is the 5-speed gearbox, we’re stuck with that. Sorry.

Excellent looking tune, haven't tested it yet... I was looking very hard for a NSX RM tune.
"RKM Motorsport: We've got 'em all!"
So, how did you find out the Gear Ratios? Have you used any online resources or just tuned 'em yourself? May I have permission to post it on my Tranny Database as "RKM 5 Speed Sequential NSX '91 Tranny"?
Thank you RKM. (The suspension settings are a tad worrying though?)
No tune request, thank you though.

Excellent looking tune, haven't tested it yet... I was looking very hard for a NSX RM tune.
"RKM Motorsport: We've got 'em all!"
So, how did you find out the Gear Ratios? Have you used any online resources or just tuned 'em yourself? May I have permission to post it on my Tranny Database as "RKM 5 Speed Sequential NSX '91 Tranny"?
Thank you RKM. (The suspension settings are a tad worrying though?)
No tune request, thank you though.

I tune the gear ratios myself. I dont use any online databases or calculators when I tune, it's all done hands on, so to speak. 👍

You may post the ratios in your database. :)

Yeah I think most of our suspension settings look worrying on first glance, especially our FF tunes, but I think there's enough evidence to show they work when you try them. :D

Yeah I think most of our suspension settings look worrying on first glance, especially our FF tunes, but I think there's enough evidence to show they work when you try them. :D
Unserstatement of the day... RKM can practically transform a Tank Car into an F1-like cornering machine. (You get the idea...)

Oh, and I'm still with the Golf R32.

Unserstatement of the day... RKM can practically transform a Tank Car into an F1-like cornering machine. (You get the idea...)

Oh, and I'm still with the Golf R32.

I know, but it's not good practice for a tuning garage to blow it's own horn. :P

RKM Motorsport’s M3 CSL

M3CSL.jpg

M3CSL_Big.jpg

Based on: BMW M3 CSL ‘03
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 500 BHP (@ 18,214.4 miles)
Torque:---- 47 kgfm
Weight:---- 1153 kg
PP:-------- 566

PARTS
GT Auto

Type C Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.303
2nd:-- 2.247
3rd:-- 1.678
4th:-- 1.313
5th:-- 1.095
6th:-- 0.954
Final: 3.550
Max Speed: 211 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/13
Accel:-- 0/25
Braking: 0/10

Suspension
Suspension

Spring Rate: 12.0/11.9
Extension:-- 8/8
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 4/5
Camber:----- 2.5/1.8
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
ImprezaAddict wanted us to tune a maxed out M3 CSL on racing soft tyres. Usually, we wouldnt publically release such a tune, but when you drive this M3 CSL, you'll soon see why we consider it to be one of our best so far.

Please do not feed the CSL. It will eat anything, even an Enzo.

25th Oct 2011 - Spec II adjustments.

Last edited:
I'd like to follow up on a car I've reviewed previously: the incredible RX-7 R400. I was running in my regular online room last night, with PP and tire restrictions. Well, a race came up at 530 PP and Sport Soft tires, so I dropped 6 PP from the RX-7 with the Engine limiter and joined in. The track was a Toscana custom track, full of those tight turns and high camber that will send nearly any RWD car into a spin where the back end just takes off on the outside of the turn and the front dives nose-first into the wall.

Well, I didn't win due to some driver error, but I've got to say that this car is nearly PERFECT for that track online. I had absolutely ZERO handling issues in any section of a very long and difficult track. In turns that normally require gentle throttle control and cautious exit, I was able to drop the hammer in this car and pull out without a hint of tire spin.

With all the problems I've had and seen from others with RWD cars on difficult custom tracks, I was awestruck at how beautifully this car handled. I've run tracks like this with a lot of different cars, and usually shy away from RWD due to the rear spin that you can see even in lower HP cars. No more. That was trmendously fun.

Typo. I'm so used to typing sports soft. I've fixed it now, it should be racing. :embarrassed:

Cool. I may try messing with it on SS tires as well, dropping the HP to accomodate the traction loss. Most of the RKM tunes I've run like that have been pretty well behaved on lower tires when required, which is great... it seems to be the FF cars that suffer the most.

Of course, it all depends on how much power I'm dropping... if I have to drop too much, the character of the car changes away from what the tune is designed to work with.

Tune was meant to fit both, and it does so pretty well. I was racing the Nordschleife online and I had taken the lead from an F1 (!) and the servers disconnected me. Not cool.

Tune was meant to fit both, and it does so pretty well. I was racing the Nordschleife online and I had taken the lead from an F1 (!) and the servers disconnected me. Not cool.

Cool... once I find one in the UCD, I'll have to give it a run with both without making any changes :)

Just noticed you guys had tuned a 5 Turbo for GT4, do you think the tune will transfer over?? I'm guessing it has to be better than stock.

Yeah. It'll be better than stock, but not as good as a proper tune made for GT5.

Yeah. It'll be better than stock, but not as good as a proper tune made for GT5.

Yeah I just tried it. Its a shame, you guys tuned some awesome cars back in GT4. I wish I knew about this forum back then.

I am guessing the physics engine is different between the 2 games

Yeah I just tried it. Its a shame, you guys tuned some awesome cars back in GT4. I wish I knew about this forum back then.

I am guessing the physics engine is different between the 2 games

It's different but still similar in some areas. GT5 has an updated tyre model and that makes a lot of the difference, but I've found the suspension and LSD models are quite similar.

Back