Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Evora Sport 480

Wow, what a tune. Ill start by saying that after a few test runs with both settings I used the 'pro' transmission settings and my lsd settings were between the two at 20/45/10.

I have been struggling with the evora for a while and had been tweaking a setup but to no avail. When I saw this setup I was hopeful and have not been disappointed. The main problem I faced with my evora was understeer (not that you'd know it after driving this), I just could not eliminate it and the car was almost dull to drive. Fairly quick but boring. Oh how that has changed...

The Evora turns in brilliantly and is nice and easy to catch. This car is a bit tricky on sport softs (which I like) and on racing tyres it is just on rails. The pro transmission settings are really well tuned and the car is in the right place in the rev range all the time.

Overall id say not a car for beginners but an extremely fast and capable Evora tune that has improved mine loads. Recommended.

p.s. thanks also for the great integra tune. Used it to help fine tune mine and the toe settings I stole helped alot :)

If this counts as a review worthy of a request then id love a tune for a maxed out (no rigidity) honda city turbo II '83 from UCD with 250bhp 666kg and 541pp. If not thanks for a great Evora and Integra tune.

I'd say that this counts. 👍 A little Japanese turbo nutter under development. ;)

burkies_leafs

Well, if you remember to turn off the fuel consumption and tyre wear, they will work pretty well.

Im new here and I've been looking through for a few days and this is by far the best place on here 👍
The cars are top notch and im blown away by the depth that this game provides..
Lately ive been trying my hand at Drifting,
I took a liking to the nissan silvia spec-r S15 RM '02
So this is where I'm at, I have my own setup, which ive been tweaking and I've got another setup which I got off a drifting thread on here,
I must say since comparing the setups im learning more on what does what,,,
heres where im asking anyone here if they would be kind enough to post a setup which they feel is soley for the purpose of fast, loose but controlled drifting, I would grateful if someone could PM me
I would greatly appreciate any knowledge,,
im sure the set up this thread could provide would be worth having

Hey could anyone here provide a tune for a nissan silvia spec-r S15 RM '02 soley for the purpose of drifting ive got a few setups but it'd be great to hear your angle on it,
any setups or knowledge would be greatly appreciated
I love the work u guys are doing top class,,,

First i was like AAARRRRGGHhhhh with the Evora and then i changed to sunday setup and were like AARRGgghhhh, see there's a slight difference in those.

First i was like AAARRRRGGHhhhh with the Evora and then i changed to sunday setup and were like AARRGgghhhh, see there's a slight difference in those.

You just couldn't resist the temptation, eh? :lol:

Im new here and I've been looking through for a few days and this is by far the best place on here 👍
The cars are top notch and im blown away by the depth that this game provides..
Lately ive been trying my hand at Drifting,
I took a liking to the nissan silvia spec-r S15 RM '02
So this is where I'm at, I have my own setup, which ive been tweaking and I've got another setup which I got off a drifting thread on here,
I must say since comparing the setups im learning more on what does what,,,
heres where im asking anyone here if they would be kind enough to post a setup which they feel is soley for the purpose of fast, loose but controlled drifting, I would grateful if someone could PM me
I would greatly appreciate any knowledge,,
im sure the set up this thread could provide would be worth having

Check out the first page. It basically says that if you need a tune, all you need to do is take one of our cars, drive it around and then write up your impressions about it.

Check out the first page. It basically says that if you need a tune, all you need to do is take one of our cars, drive it around and then write up your impressions about it.

Cheers man i've found a different setup from the two i have,, wow mine sucked.

Dodge Challenger RT/8 '08

766+ bhp, 923+ Nm, 1412 kg, PP 609
Painted in Lime Light from Plymouth

Clickable for full size

After driving with each Tuner's version of the Challenger, I found your version as the most suited for my style.

Excellent work.👍

*BURP!* Now that I have belly full of nice, well done steak and such, it's time to start cracking on the customer cars. That reminds me.. I haven't received a PM about the specifications of the cars, so, if you kindly could send them to me so I can start without making a mistake?

Also, reviews are welcome. The cars shouldn't be that scary to drive.. Well, most of them shouldn't be. :D

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo '05 "Shiden"

510+ bhp, 610+ Nm, 1080 kg, PP 585
Painted in Trigger Mauve Pearl from Mitsubishi

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Advan RGII, finished in the original silver colour
Racing Modification
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: in the vicinity of 300.000Cr

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 15 / 30

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.577
2nd: 1.820
3rd: 1.430
4th: 1.180
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.850
Final Gear: 3.850

Max speed: 270 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5 / 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15 / 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 5

Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 30 / 70

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.0 / 6.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 5
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.15 / -0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 3 / 8

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

"Shiden" stands for Violet Lightning in Japanese and thus creates a fitting impression for the target of tonight, a fairly quick Lancer Evo IX transformed into a time attack machine and finished in an interesting shade of mauve. Like a lightning it strikes fast without wandering much from its intended line - and you'll surely know when it has been around. With over 500 bhp on tap from the heavily boosted inline four it zooms to the scene and leaves a trail of havoc behind with a powerful roar while making it all look so effortless that you can only wonder how it's done. The best way to find out is to see for yourself!

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza "Hayabusa"

534 bhp, 666 Nm, 1065 kg, PP 590
Painted in Lightning Red from Subaru

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei RC-T4, finished in White
Racing Modification
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: ~300k

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 15 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.193
2nd: 2.195
3rd: 1.623
4th: 1.278
5th: 1.048
6th: 0.891
Final Gear: 3.900

Max speed: 320 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 10 / 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10 / 20
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 15

Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 30 / 70

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -40 / -40
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 9.0 / 9.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.3 / 2.3
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.40

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 7

Driving Options

Meet the counterpart of Shiden, Hayabusa. Named after yet another legendary Japanese fighter aircraft from WWII, this Subaru Impreza stays true to the standards set by its historical predecessor including lightness and nimble handling. This truly is a brutal time attack car is hurled from corner to corner with intensity and agility that it shares with the Peregrine Falcon. Be mindful though.. Like the earlier mentioned fighter plane, this car requires an ace to bring out it's full potential.

I picked up my brand new Lotus Evora from the Mad Finn Garage today, after a short discussion with the salesman (apparently the Black Racing Stripe is out of stock), in full Pro setup.
First stop for me was to take it through one of my favourite roads, the Eiger Nordwand.
The very first turn took me by surprise, as the car punished my lead-footedness with a spin straight into the bank. No biggie, no damage was done.
I took the downhill spaghetti curves a little more cautiously, and it took some courage to put the power down off the bridge, the tyres still spinning up in 3rd gear!
By the time the wide hairpin came around, I thought I had the knack of it, braked a little later than normal and the car was perfectly happy to oblige, but as I tried to feed the power back on, the back stepped out once more into a very controllable- and enjoyable- slide through the whole corner.
By the long fast corner at the top of the hill, I was sure it couldn't try to slide in 5th and decided to take it fast.
And what a corner it was, my heart was absolutely racing as this little beast parked itself on the cliff of control, never quite stable enough to be considered easy, just on the edge, threatening to kill me if I got cocky.
The second lap consisted mostly of short shifts and very cautious throttle control, but slowly I grasped the concept.
After about 20 minutes, the playful corner-exit slides were getting better and better, and moreover faster, but I still found it hard to control the brake-on fishtailing.

It's fast, no question about it, and I love the little slides when you get too eager on the throttle, easily controlled and brought to beautiful climax with a good bit of throttle feathering. She corners like a beauty!
(Now that I fixed my silly mistake) Awesome tune, thank you very VERY much!
A great tune though, thanks for it!

Last edited:
So, I tried out the Hayabusa... It's OMFG awesome. I might do an actual review later. But seriously. It's awesome. Perfect balance of slide and grip.

I picked up my brand new Lotus Evora from the Mad Finn Garage today, after a short discussion with the salesman (apparently the Black Racing Stripe is out of stock), in full Pro setup.
First stop for me was to take it through one of my favourite roads, the Eiger Nordwand.
The very first turn took me by surprise, as the car punished my lead-footedness with a spin straight into the bank. No biggie, no damage was done.
I took the downhill spaghetti curves a little more cautiously, and it took some courage to put the power down off the bridge, the tyres still spinning up in 3rd gear!
By the time the wide hairpin came around, I thought I had the knack of it, braked a little later than normal and the car was perfectly happy to oblige, but as I tried to feed the power back on, the back stepped out once more into a very controllable- and enjoyable- slide through the whole corner.
By the long fast corner at the top of the hill, I was sure it couldn't try to slide in 5th and decided to take it fast.
Bad choice, the little wing couldn't hold up against the off-camber turn and a large crash ensued.
The second lap consisted mostly of short shifts and very cautious throttle control, but slowly I grasped the concept.
After about 20 minutes, the playful corner-exit slides were getting better and better, and moreover faster, but I still found it hard to control the brake-on fishtailing.

It's fast, no question about it, and I love the little slides when you get too eager on the throttle, but a word of advice: I'd say the car is best suited to wider tracks, where little mistakes and power-on slides have a lot more room to sort out.
A great tune though, thanks for it!

As you noticed, I labeled the pro just because of the slippery attitude and talent required for driving it to the maximum limit. Lead-footedness is more suitable for the other, less twitchy setup, so perhaps you should try that one out too. Anyways, feel free to send me a tune request via PM.

So, I tried out the Hayabusa... It's OMFG awesome. I might do an actual review later. But seriously. It's awesome. Perfect balance of slide and grip.

Please do :) It's a fun little bugger, isn't it :D I just couldn't drive it seriously, those AWD drifts were too much fun.. and then there's the mid-range punch that will leave many other cars wondering where did you go at the exit of corners :lol:

Been playing around with that Hayabusa myself, now I'm back on GT5 I'm treating all my cars to a little MFT magic.
Hoooooooly hell that thing is fun, know exactly what you're saying with those mid-corner drifts.
Unfortunately I'm out of money right now, so the Shiden's been shelved, few more Seasonals and I'm good though

EDIT:
I take back (most of) what I said about the Evora. When I did that setup last week, my foolish mind mixed the Pro and Amateur settings.
In -Proper- Pro mode, this thing handles like a beast! Just on the edge for me, still controllable, unless I miss a cue.
Actually loving this car now!

There we go, I've edited my previous review to better represent test results ;)

Last edited:
There's a catch in the "normal" and Pro setups of the Evora. The normal setup is, well, as it was after Leonidae had finished the job with it. The alternative Pro setup consists of the changes I then suggested to be made to the car after the first hotlap runs as it wasn't loose enough for my liking. :D In the end both versions made it to the release.

Please do :) It's a fun little bugger, isn't it :D I just couldn't drive it seriously, those AWD drifts were too much fun.. and then there's the mid-range punch that will leave many other cars wondering where did you go at the exit of corners :lol:

Seems this man knows how Imprezas request you drive them. :lol:

There's something to be said for being able to pull away from your opponents on corner exit at, say, Tsukuba while pulling ludicrous angles around every corner.

Seems this man knows how Imprezas request you drive them. :lol:

There's something to be said for being able to pull away from your opponents on corner exit at, say, Tsukuba while pulling ludicrous angles around every corner.

Indeed.. But my only wish is that the torque would be more evenly spread across the rev band.

It seems I am yet to master falconeering - tried again today with a Hayabusa and failed :)

I used the car in a much lower state of tune and with the stock settings for the 200 mile of Laguna Seca endurance event and while I won easily enough, I was a bit surprised at how slow it was. I used it subsequently and in spite of being pretty safe, it never really lit up the time charts in my hands.

So polished it to your spec (with the exception of the go faster paint - maybe that is where the mistake lies? No, not really) and gave it a spin around GVS. In order to have at least somewhat comparable machinery to pit it against, I used the lvl 15 Tuner Challenge race there. Yes, given the time from your timesheets, it is cheating, bringing a gun to a knifefight and all that ;) So should prove easy enough to win, and so it did.

So what were my impressions? The acceleration certainly seemed far from rabid but then I guess I am partly to blame for using an AT - heard from several sources that a Scooby needs to be shifted way short of the redline for maximum effect.

Another thing I observed is that the car exhibited a lower state of stability under braking than your other cars I have tried so far - especially into the first and last corners, which the speeds are higher. In the first corner it needs some (albeit not dramatic) steering inputs to keep it going roughly in the desired direction, at the last one the rear breaks loose as soon as you tap the brakes - which gets it pointing in just the right direction for one to mash the throttle once again.

The car is certainly very lively - lifting will adjust the attitude, as well as braking, and applying the gas. I am sure it all works to perfection in the hands of someone more suitable - for me it was slightly frustrating - if I missed the amount of braking that needed to be done and got back on the gas too early (and then backed off somewhat), the front would swing around like an angry pendulum, which understandably did not do much for the laptimes. I primarily got into this behaviour in the third tunnel.

On the bright side, the car seems to ride any sort of kerbs and bumps with aplomb, nothing upsets it really. 👍

Finally, if you try to steer it with the wheel only (whether a wheel or a controller probably does not matter at this point), expect an understeery attitude - to pull the car into a certain neutrality the throttle will need to be applied (and judiciously at that).

As written in the description, it is certainly not an easy car to get the max out of, even if the ultimate potential is very high. A car for a hamfisted n00b this is not - it won't kill one but neither will it make them shine :) Which brings me to my posted times - they were the furthest away from your guideline ones that I have had with any of your cars I tried. Let's see if practice makes perfect, before I say more ;)

:D Hayabusa is a feisty little beast as long as you keep it between 4000-6000rpm, where the 666nm of torque resides. Top end is quite dead which saddens me, as the good old GC8 still has plenty of fight at the redline and beyond it. It's excellent on short and tight tracks, and immensely fun when driven correctly, but you need to grab it from the neck and give it a shake before it submits, albeit grudgingly.

And some news about our next pair. They're lean, mean and RWD! Don't let the small displacement fool you, they're a really a bunch of giggles.

Alpine A110RS '73

275 bhp, 274 Nm, 647 kg, PP 542
Painted in Alpine Blue from Alpine

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: North of 200k

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 20

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.226
2nd: 2.266
3rd: 1.699
4th: 1.377
5th: 1.153
6th: 0.993
Final Gear: 3.080

Max speed: 280 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / -10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.3 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.15 / -0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 6

Driving Options

Say hello to an old friend of mine. I knew that tuning this little beast in GT5 would just be a matter of time, and look what happened? She's already here. While the power figures are a slight downgrade from GT4, it hasn't lost much of it's pace, since when I tested it on racing slicks, it was right in the heels of our 500bhp race modified rally rockets. This one, however, is on sports softs, and as such, it lends itself to bit looser driving style, allowing gracious slides that are easy to catch while letting this little blue coupe slip away from it's opponents in the corners. Seeing is believing, give her a chance to charm you and you will never want to stop driving it.

Lancia Stratos HF Stradale '73

345+ bhp, 340+ Nm, 872 kg, PP 514
Painted in Rosso Scuderia from Ferrari

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: ~200.000Cr plus the actual car and its possible overhauling

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 20

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.900
2nd: 1.930
3rd: 1.500
4th: 1.215
5th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.750

Max speed: 300 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 25
Acceleration Sensitivity: 50
Braking Sensitivity: 25

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.5 / 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 7 / 8
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.10 / 0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 8 / 4

Driving Options

EXTREME OVERSTEER WARNING. Now you've been warned, I'm clear.

When it was born the Stratos differed from most of its rivals in the reason it was built for. It wasn't made to be the flashy girl magnet, oh no, it was made to be the fastest possible rally car and that can be seen. It's tiny, sleek, and quite close to the optimal 4:2:1 dimensions. And boy it handles. Screaming around corners in effortless slides the old Italian is a perfect example of a car built to be driven.

But... does it mean it can't be improved? Certainly not. That's why our example is fitted with as much Group 4 parts as we could find, straight from the once victorious rally cars sporting the bright Alitalia colours. The Dino V6 is the unchallenged heart of the car in its new turbocharged trim and while the amount of power isn't that extraordinary it's easily enough to propel the lightweight body well beyond the speed limits in no time. While faster, sturdier and more stable the car is still very much of a Stratos, giving the same thrill as the slightly wallowy stock model but adding a lot of speed and sharpness to it. Not recommended for the beginners but if you can keep your head cool and control the car with a steady hand you'll see that the fun factor just went through the roof. Truly a rewarding sports car at its best.

Last edited:
I'm seriously liking the idea of me driving this stratos!
Gonna have a go at it when I get home tonight:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back