Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
The belt says made in Germany. That's a German part. Fanatec wheels are designed and engineered in Germany and manufactured in China.

Idk for carpet, but on tiling the weight and the rubber pads don't prevent them to move (remember the brake pressure). I personnaly have to block them by inserting something between the pedals and the wall behind.

fanatec can you answer my question about the csr elite counter steer force i asked on the page before please.....if you dont want to answer it then just say so then i will stop asking

Thomas/fanatec please could you tell me if the csr elite will have that ultra fast counter spin that the ts500 has.....would really appreciate a answer on this thanks

The wheel will move very fast, certainly fast enough for drifting. The double motors helped us to change the gear ratio so it is faster and stronger than any of our wheels. We did not make a comparision to other wheels so far.
But we put our focus on smooth feeling and high steering precision. Nothing will even come close to our DirectSensor technology.

The separation of force feedback and steering input makes a huge difference. On all multiturn wheels on the market you get a significant impact on the sensor from the belt or gear drive. This is the cause for shaking on straights for example.

The Clubsport wheel will not be supported by Xbox. Maybe not even by the PS3...
I hope they implement an "emulation" feature like in the GT3RS v2.

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/5957#new (see the comments below).

That's a huge shame. I was hoping the the ClubSport Wheel would be the one wheel to rule them all, especially with its quick release, replaceable wheels.

My hope then is that Fanatec continues to develop the CSR and CSR Elite wheels to a higher quality. The hard plastic rim is really disappointing. At the very least, I wish the rim was coated in rubber. I'd prefer Alcantara though, as I'm completely spoiled by the feel of the GT2.

The hard plastic rim is really disappointing. At the very least, I wish the rim was coated in rubber. I'd prefer Alcantara though, as I'm completely spoiled by the feel of the GT2.
Yeah that plastic on the CSR elite is rrr:tdown:

Relax...

The CSW is fully PS3 compatible (not just some games) although the wheel has more features than the PS3 can support.

The "plastic" on the CSR wheels does not feel bad as it is a painted surface. Porsche is using painted rims in cars as well and it feels not different from a carbon fiber wheel rim which is the most expensive option for many cars. And on the left and right side where you have placed your hands usually it is covered with Alcantara and rubber.

I suggested it was not ps3 compatible due to what Thomas wrote:

"The console has a lot of limitations regarding the amount of buttons and axis and does not support LED input that easily.
This is why we have more freedom on a PC wheel."

Thanks for clarifying it :)

Last edited:
Relax...

The CSW is fully PS3 compatible (not just some games) although the wheel has more features than the PS3 can support.

The "plastic" on the CSR wheels does not feel bad as it is a painted surface. Porsche is using painted rims in cars as well and it feels not different from a carbon fiber wheel rim which is the most expensive option for many cars. And on the left and right side where you have placed your hands usually it is covered with Alcantara and rubber.

Ah, but can't we have both? Quick release AND Xbox 360 compatibility in one, top of the line wheel? Perhaps a RennSport Wheel? :sly:

Ah, but can't we have both? Quick release AND Xbox 360 compatibility in one, top of the line wheel? Perhaps a RennSport Wheel? :sly:

Well, see, if you make one perfect wheel at the moment, there's nowhere to evolve in the future, because you basically already have the best. ;)

The other thing is that, Thomas once said:
The Xbox 360 electronics are very expensive and we would also had to add license fees

I myself am not interested in XBox compatibilty and I'm not the only one, therefore I'm not interested in paying that much more for absolutely nothing.
On the other hand, may be there should be a possibility to buy Xbox compability just like it was possible to make GT3RS V1 fully compatible with PS3 by swapping the electronics.

Well, see, if you make one perfect wheel at the moment, there's nowhere to evolve in the future, because you basically already have the best. ;)

That mentality is not the way to go... You always must try to make things as good as possible.

Anyway I prefer not to pay for an extra feature which, in my case, would be wholly useless.

Last edited:
Hey Fanatec, please make sure to knock on PD's door and make sure they get the most out of the CSW and CSP. Be it for GT5 or their next project. I do not care if it is "official" support or not, just so long as the most is gotten out of the wheel.

Things that matter:
#1 FFB (strength and feel) (everything else is secondary)
#2 Vibration on the brake (I know this is all on their end but is such a shame only PC sims have this)
#3 CS Shifter and e-brake support
#4 Buttons all work

Also just to clarify the CSW is supposed to be around $500 for the wheel, $200 for the CSP, and $100 for the CSS? Any word on what the default wheel will be and how much extra wheels will cost?

As always, schönen dank.

Regards the Handbrake. I noticed something this week.

Any of you that are CSP V1 owners and never had to replace the original V1.2 PCB may notice that the "Handbrake" pin connection does not exist as a connectable plug. I had what I believe was No.54 off the production. However this developed a fault and was replaced (FOC) to a V1.4 labelled board manufactured Sept 2009.

This V1.4 board has the full connection plug for the "Handbrake" same as the pedals use.
So when did the CSP with compatible "Handbrake" connection ship out and was it on some V1.2 V1.3 or on V1.4 PCBs?

If your interested in the handbrake, maybe best to look at your CSP PCB.

Last edited:
I'm getting confused by all the new wheels that are coming out, there seems to be a CSR, CSR Elite, and CSW? Is this correct?

And the CSR and CSR elite will be xbox 360 compatible? While the CSW is the new wheel with quick release wheels, and a new f1 wheel?

Also there will be CSR pedals and CSW pedals? Along with a new handbrake and shifter?

Thanks guys

I'm getting confused by all the new wheels that are coming out, there seems to be a CSR, CSR Elite, and CSW? Is this correct?

And the CSR and CSR elite will be xbox 360 compatible? While the CSW is the new wheel with quick release wheels, and a new f1 wheel?

Also there will be CSR pedals and CSW pedals? Along with a new handbrake and shifter?

Thanks guys

Everything else seems to be as we know it except pedals. There will be CSR and CSR Elite pedals. CSP already are high-end and there probably won't be better ones coming although Thomas is the only one who knows.

Everything else seems to be as we know it except pedals. There will be CSR and CSR Elite pedals. CSP already are high-end and there probably won't be better ones coming although Thomas is the only one who knows.

I love that the CSR Elite offer optional pedal inversion kits. Hopefully Fanatec has something similar in the works for the CSP too.

I love that the CSR Elite offer optional pedal inversion kits. Hopefully Fanatec has something similar in the works for the CSP too.

It's probably a lot more difficult because CSPs are built differently. There's only one pivot point or axle on the back, there's nowhere to attach inverted pedals so that they are securely fixed. This means it probaby needs more modifications which makes it more expensive, but everything is doable.

Back