Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
United States
Allen, Texas
crispychicken49
crispychicken49
Looking for CSW V2 Beta reviews? As more come through I'll link them in the OP!
HoiHman's CSW V2 Review
The wheel is fast, very powerful. Effects are more crisp, clear and direct. There is no cogging, the wheel is super precise and smooth and i have to mention it again : It's POWERFUL
eKretz's CSW V1/V2 Comparison
Logiforce's CSW V2 Base review

• Pre-Order CSS now! First batch will ship 30th of August, next batch will ship 30th of September!
    • Clubsport Button Box planned. Still in planning phase, but with community input!
    • Firmware 756 available for CSR wheel. CSR Elite soon to follow. Please use driver version 144.
    • CSL Bundle available. Combines CSL seat with PWGT3 or the CSR Wheel. Both come with CSR Pedals.
    • Firmware 037 available for CSW, again please use driver version 144.

Now lets get on to the wheels currently released!

Clubsport Wheel Base V2

As evident by Fanatec's past, V2 models are often added into the lineup a few years after the V1 release. The CSW is no different. However the differences are quite astounding. The wheel uses Hall sensors on both the motor and steering axis, making the wheel more precise. Improvements to the belt drive come with the addition of ball bearings, making the wheel much more smooth. The biggest change comes from the change in motor. In the heart of the V2 lies a brushless servo motor, giving the feel of a direct drive wheel. This motor provides a much, much stronger force feedback effect.

Oh and one more addition. Later in the year more wheel rims will be announced. These wheel rims add compatibility for consoles like the Xbox One and PS4. (Neither console confirmed as of yet)

CSW-V2_big_01-1000x666.png

Clubsport Shifter

The Clubsport Shifter is the brand new addition to the Clubsport line. Beta units are out and customers will have this shifter in their hands come early September! It features 7-Gear+Reverse in an H-Pattern, and proper feeling sequential gears. The Gear Knob can be replaced with multiple gear knobs from other companies. The Shift Feeling can be adjusted as well. Multiple mounting options allow the wheel to be mounted to any rig. An ultra realistic shifting feeling also includes an inhibitor to prevent accidental misshifts into reverse.

There are two versions of the shifter. There is an H-Patter, and a Sequential. (SQ) The H-Pattern includes all of the features, besides the SQ mode and SQ Shifter, and will ship for $149.00 USD. The SQ mode will include the H-Pattern features, as well as a SQ mode and special SQ Shifter Knob. The SQ Shifter will be priced at $179.00 USD.

timthumb.php
Clubsport Wheel

The Clubsport wheel is the pinnacle of simracing. This new addition to the clubsport line is accompanied with two rims, a Formula rim, and a GT Rim. The Formula rim is modeled after the type of wheel rim you would find in a formula car, such as an F1. The GT rim is more in tune with cars from the GT3, GT2, and GT1 classes of racing. This particular rim is licensed by BMW.

-Wheel is made of CNC Machined metal
-Quick Release for changing wheel rims on the fly
-Compatible with both PC and PS3
-Grooved belt instead of tooth belt (Smoother)
-Belt tension can be modified outside the wheel
-Code sensor mounted on wheel axis for more precision
-Two Force Feedback motors

i010CPj0j2CEm.jpg

csw_bmw1ysp1e.jpg

Clubsport Pedals V.2

The Clubsport Pedals were the best pedals around for simracing a while back. Then they were beat. Fortunately enough they were beat by the same company that made them. Introducing Clubsport Pedals Version 2. The Version 2's sport many different upgrades from their old self

-The pedals sport a new black look. All color kits are compatible so you can tune to your liking if you please
-Added oil damper to the load cell and stiffened the load cell a bit. New hydraulic brake
-Degressive clutch feel first developed by Teki Ei-Ichi back during the reign of the Clubsport Pedals V.1

6767.jpg

img23391-1335526073.jpg

CSR Elite Wheel

The CSR Elite is the premier wheel for Xbox simracing. Features official licensing from Forza Motorsport. Internally the wheel is almost identical to the CSW, besides the quick-release function. The rim features the Forza Motorsport logo in the center, carbon fibre faceplate and spokes, with a plastic rim and alcantara hand grips.

-Two Force Feedback Motors
-Axis Mounted Sensor
-Xbox, PS3, and PC compatibility
-Grooved Belt for added smoothness
-Similar Internals and electronics as the CSW
-No quick release, but you can still change the rim
-Wheel I own! :cool:

IMG_6331-2.jpg

CSR Wheel

This is the entry wheel for Xbox Simracing on the Fanatec Platform. This wheel sports the officially licensed rim from Forza Motorsport, with Aluminium metal replacing the Carbon Fibre. Internally, this wheel is the same as the Porsche Wheels, mainly the PWGT2. Since the rim is lighter weight the wheel is a little faster than the Porsche Wheels

-Light Rim design
-One Force Feedback motor
-Toothed belt
-Xbox 360, PS3, and PC compatibility
-Forza Motorsport licensed aluminium wheel
-Forza Motorsport Paint Job

3.jpg

CSR Elite Pedals

The second best step in the pedal department of Fanatec, the CSR Elite pedals boast an Aluminium finish similar to the Clubsport Pedals V.1. These pedals also include one special feature that sets them apart from the Clubsport Pedals.

-Aluminum Finish
-Load Cell Brake
-Ability to Invert or detach each individual pedal

csrep-2.png

3_1318379707.jpg

CSR Pedals

These pedals replace the standard pedals. They electronics are very similar, and they are an entry level pedal set.

-Invert Each Pedal
-Aluminium Finish
-Similar Electronics to Standard Pedal Set

6170927032_65d61b2b1b.jpg

Last edited:
I have been waiting for the CSS for a while now. The original specs released by Tom last year seem spot on.

As long as it's not as loud as the current shifter I will pick one up I reckon.

Just got to keep saving for the pedals now!

Just a reminder of the likely specs announced last year for the shifter.

Material: Full aluminium with some steel parts

Mounting options: There will be screw inserts on the bottom. We will make an adapter for the Clubsport table clamp and the RennSport Wheel Stand.

Amount of gears: 7+1

Sequential option: We will implement it but only if this is not a compromise. We have a solution which could work very well in both modes

Haptic feeling: Very similar like in a real car. Perhaps we can even make the resistance adjustable.

Acoustic: A solid "clonck" instead of a "clack" but very silent

Colour/design: Silver as CSP. The shifter will be gated like in a Ferrari or Lamborghini

Style of gear knob: It will be exchangeable so upgrades are possible (leather, carbon, etc). The standard version will be an polished aluminum ball.

Size: We will try to keep the size of the PW shifter but it will probably become a bit higher

Compatibility: It will be backwards compatible to the Porsche wheel shifter and therefore compatible to all platforms. An USB adapter will be available optional to make it work with other wheels on PC.

Pricing: The target will be 99,95 EUR (incl VAT)/ 109,95 USD (excl. VAT)

Just a reminder of the likely specs announced last year for the shifter.

Oh great, my hopes dropped. I just hate that gated shifter like the R8. Oh well, still might pick it up.

Hello and welcome to Captain Old's thread. To many of you, you have heard that Fanatec will announce more info about the Clubsport Shifter for their wheels. Still no news on the handbrake though.

Source

This got me to wondering. This couldn't be the only thing they would announce could it? So what information would bring great shock to Fantec users? And then I thought of the GT3 RS wheel. How many people are waiting for the CSE to come back out. (Me) So could they also release info regarding the CSE of this wheel, like when we can expect it in the Fanatec Game Shop. Maybe they might include a CS Shifter for beta testing with all the GT3 RS CSE, though this is unlikely.

Also check back on this page for when new info gets announced on Fanatec. I can't wait for E3 this year.
Some news about the Fanatec motion simulator maybe?

crispychicken49
Oh great, my hopes dropped. I just hate that gated shifter like the R8. Oh well, still might pick it up.

Really? I've loved them since I was a little boy. Had a poster of a Ferrari on the wall with an insert of the interior. I've always wanted to own a car with a shifter like that, but I'm not likely to, now is my chance to get close!

Some news about the Fanatec motion simulator maybe?

That would make my day. But like an attachment instead of a whole cockpit, so a rig could be fitted with one. Or even a couch. :)

Really? I've loved them since I was a little boy. Had a poster of a Ferrari on the wall with an insert of the interior. I've always wanted to own a car with a shifter like that, but I'm not likely to, now is my chance to get close!

I like how they look, just not how they feel. They are easier to shift into correct gear, but to me the sliding motion of shifters like the standard shifters is much quicker. To me at least.

No phantasy here...

Come on you can do better.
Ok, probably no motion simulator but what about a shifter with FFB which makes it impossible to shift when someone miss-shifts ingame?

Last edited:
I'm sure Thomas has big news. One thing I would like to point out though. For a true quality shifter, prices are around $2-300 US. If this shifter is to be of similar quality, 99.95 EU and 109.95 US are 100% unrealistic. You get what you pay for, and at only $100, it would not stand up to SST or ACT shifters, IMHO. I hope I am wrong, but I am a realist.

As for FFB shifter, I do not think any sim or game would have that feature in its code to replicate that. We all would love to have a feature like this, but if you are going to pay for a shifter like that, go get a race car lol.

I'm sure Thomas has big news. One thing I would like to point out though. For a true quality shifter, prices are around $2-300 US. If this shifter is to be of similar quality, 99.95 EU and 109.95 US are 100% unrealistic. You get what you pay for, and at only $100, it would not stand up to SST or ACT shifters, IMHO. I hope I am wrong, but I am a realist.

As for FFB shifter, I do not think any sim or game would have that feature in its code to replicate that. We all would love to have a feature like this, but if you are going to pay for a shifter like that, go get a race car lol.

Is that correct? ACT shifter sells less than $100. Please provide links where you saw the price for more? I had been looking into purchasing a shifter for my T500rs possibly if Thrustmaster didn't come through in a few months so I've been comparing prices. They sale for way less than $200 I thought

http://www.act-labs.com/race3.htm <-- This is where I am looking

On topic: This sort of news truly deserved it's own thread (Thomas 1st mentioned this to us in the Fanatec thread). Later down the road I will most likely end up buying a Fanatec gt2 so perhaps I could use this shifter along with my t500rs as well (I think I read it uses USB connection?). Maybe Fanatec can clarify now or when he makes the official announcement

[edit] Mike0105 thanks, you already answered my question. I thought I saw a USB connection mentioned somewhere

Last edited:
No phantasy here...

Come on you can do better.

It's weird as Fanatec are not listed as an exhibitor yet to be making any announcements at E3 and I don't recall a stand/presentation in the past. Only the collaboration with FM3 in the past. Somethings up your travelling all the way to USA.

Okay my guess, something Forza 4 related then perhaps could be in the works?
FM3 had to of been good for Fanatec?

On a personal note Thomas I think you really enjoy this "teasing". :)

Last edited:
Maybe they will announce their response to the T500rs wheel. Hopefully its not a new PC/PS3/360 wheel as I am still waiting for my GT2 to show up.

It's weird as Fanatec are not listed as an exhibitor yet to be making any announcements at E3 and I don't recall a stand/presentation in the past. Only the collaboration with FM3 in the past. Somethings up your travelling all the way to USA.

Okay my guess, something Forza 4 related then perhaps could be in the works?
FM3 had to of been good for Fanatec?

On a personal note Thomas I think you really enjoy this "teasing". :)

He might announce that Fanatec wheels will start to be sold in the United States, at places like Fry's Electronics or GameStop.

I hope not Fry's, the wheels will be around 1,000-2,000 a pop. :lol: They overpriced the T500RS so its not a far shot.

This would be wonderful. Imagine how much higher quality it would be if they could put the Porsche license money toward better components.

A man can dream. A man can dream...

Thomas has said on several occasions the license is not a major outlay, compared to the Microsoft licence for their xbox compatible wheels.

Thomas has said on several occasions the license is not a major outlay, compared to the Microsoft licence for their xbox compatible wheels.

10,000 PWTS sold out rather quick mainly because of the 360 support and FM3 Marketing. So the licensce is well worth paying as was having a AAA game to create instant demand for it...

Thrustmaster T500RS seems to of sold really well with the same concept announcing a new exciting wheel with a AAA game proving again it works as a business model. FM3/PWTS introduced clutch & H Shift for X360 platform and T500RS brought extra precision/power to GT5.

I think theirs a good possibility that FM4 will be the first console game announced to support a 7+1 speed shifter, just got a gut feeling on that.

Well we will know in a few weeks if theirs a repeat of this happening with Fanatec/T10 again, (cough) eh Thomas. :sly:
If not then that would be a shame and missed oppertunity for both parties all IMO of course.

Last edited:
@sandboxgod,

You are correct, the ACT is only 89.99. BUT, I asked around and was told it felt very cheap compared to the SST. I would love to have an SST shifter feel, or maybe Gorilla customs shifter feel with the ACT look. Really good shifters do cost hundreds of dollars. I do not want to have an upgraded standard shifter that is still clacky with some aluminum trim for show.

For as high of a quality that Fanatec tries to put itself on, an ACT style shifter would be a complete fail to me. For those who do not know, their standard h-pattern shifter has gone through a re-design so to say. They changed the interior a bit to dampen sound, and increase the fluid feel to shifting. For $50, it is not a bad deal. BUT, we all want a top grade, top of the line shifter.

I am sure we will not be disappointed, they also redesigned their standard pedals. They had a problem with the potentiometers moving slightly out of place causing inaccurate outputs on the pedals. Now, from what I have learned, the standard pedals will be a great buy. I had them myself, but after a few weeks, the brake was all wrong.

I guess after this blabbering of mine, I can't wait to hear the news!!!!!!!

Ah that's a very interesting criticism @AGP5000. I looked up what people pay in real life for high performance shifters and they did seem to be around $200-300+ (my friend just paid that for his street legal racer). I still hope they can deliver a quality product like you say for a nice price

He might announce that Fanatec wheels will start to be sold in the United States, at places like Fry's Electronics or GameStop.

I hope not Fry's, the wheels will be around 1,000-2,000 a pop. :lol: They overpriced the T500RS so its not a far shot.

I think Thomas already said if a Fanatec GT2 were to be sold at FRY'S it would have to be around $800? Not sure if that was just for the wheel. I can't find the link to Fanatec's post maybe you could click on his post history if you are really interested.

cool news are cool! Ty OP.
Guess ill need to have a racing rig when this comes out :)
Do you know of any first preview pics by chance? Did not find any :( (anyhow, quality will be solid, and i dont expect an ugly design.)

Whats worth remembering is that originally they wanted to maintain a similar size just with metal components over plastic.

So I dont imagine a full heavy duty shifter in the sense like some quite big and serious shifters on the market you refer to guys. Just a compact unit that has a better build and more satisfying feel.

Of course keeping the size down means its weight should not be a great deal heavier but it helps minimise materials used and keep it in the pricepoint Fanatec hope to target. Its going to be interesting seeing how Thrustmasters and Fanatec's compare.

Also if the CS shifter is to be compatible with the Rennsport stand, do you really think the metal rods will hold it? Every rennsport stand does come with the shifter adapter now which is what I assume the CSS will be attached to for stability.

I'd prefer the shifter have some good weight to it.

Ah that's a very interesting criticism @AGP5000. I looked up what people pay in real life for high performance shifters and they did seem to be around $200-300+ (my friend just paid that for his street legal racer). I still hope they can deliver a quality product like you say for a nice price

I think Thomas already said if a Fanatec GT2 were to be sold at FRY'S it would have to be around $800? Not sure if that was just for the wheel. I can't find the link to Fanatec's post maybe you could click on his post history if you are really interested.

$800! :scared: Thats terrible. I'm glad its an online only buy then.

We are very happy with our e-commerce strategy. We can sell products with a much better price performance (at least 50% cheaper) and offer our customizing solution so that you only pay for what you need and you can upgrade individual components like wheel, shifter or pedals at a later point.

We are also much closer to the customer and get great feedback. Sales are more stable and production is more easy. I could go on and on so there is little chance that we switch back to the old school way to distribute a wheel. But of course we are working on a new webshop to increase our service.

Fanatec... @
We are also much closer to the customer and get great feedback. Sales are more stable and production is more easy. I could go on and on so there is little chance that we switch back to the old school way to distribute a wheel. But of course we are working on a new webshop to increase our service.[/QUOTE]

Based on my experience (problems with PWTS CSP) is still not resolved, despite repeated contacts with the support Fanatec. I think you still have a long road ahead.
For example, I mention my experience with Trustmaster. Following the publication of video YouTobe Trustmaster team established contact with me, offering help.It advised me to exchange my steering wheel by the vendor. Unfortunately, I moved from UK to Poland and the seller refused to send a courier at my new address. Support from Trastmaster, took over care of this matter and my new steering wheel is on its way.

Back