Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments
BryCivicSi
Well, I must have strained some chest muscles at work yesterday. Can't move! So no work today. :(

Took the Evora out to the track today. You are right, this thing needs some finessing around the track. Unfortunately, I was 2 seconds slower a lap vs the tune I am working on even though most of our numbers are close. I dropped the brakes from 8/5 in your tune to 3/0 from mine and that brought me real close to lap times with my tune. It cured all of the braking issues. And I figure if I modify the LSD acceleration #, that might cure the sliding after a corner when accelerating.

Did you try your tune with my brake and LSD settings? If so, I would suggest you do so. Might like it. I think it is about 75- 80% of braking comes from the front anyways when braking so having a 0 in the rear doesn't seem to hurt the back end heavy Evora. Actually feels like helps IMO.

Thanks for the help though. May try out your s2k tune if I have a second version of the car I can modify.

I tried you tune before I even tried to tune it at all and 8/5 is still basically 3/0 only you can brake later. I think your driving style is totally different from mine when it comes to this car because I was all over the place with your tune and couldn't come close to your times with it. I felt mine is more stable and managed to beat your quickest times so I released it. This car in general is very tricky. It's more about how you drive. Side note if you haven't already buy a Acura nsx from dealership and max it it with aero parts too. It's amazing and the Evora style tune for it is almost the same.

PS sucks about your chest and drive the S2000 maxed but with no tune applied than add my tune and be blown away by how much better it is

Last edited:
Dylans1o
Red Valley Reviews im sure :P
Because theres also:
Red Valley Racing (which is a tuning company by me! :P)

Haha don't no if I should be happy that your reviews are leading people here or pissed that you are now at my garage promoting you owning tuning place lol.

ZacharySim
I'd love a Ferrari SP1 tune. I'd like not much cosmetic changes like spoilers if possible. I'd like it to be more precise because stock it has a lot of understeer. I can send you something for like a trade cuz it's pretty pricey and I won't blame ya if you don't have it. By the way, I came here from RVR. Talk about free advertising! :)

Ok what you should do is get the car and add all the parts, paint, rims, spoilers, etc whatever you want. Than add me (my screen name) and set the car online so I can work strictly on tuning it. I have one but I have a tune I like on it already and don't wanna change it and yes pricy to buy another

I tried you tune before I even tried to tune it at all and 8/5 is still basically 3/0 only you can brake later. I think your driving style is totally different from mine when it comes to this car because I was all over the place with your tune and couldn't come close to your times with it. I felt mine is more stable and managed to beat your quickest times so I released it. This car in general is very tricky. It's more about how you drive. Side note if you haven't already buy a Acura nsx from dealership and max it it with aero parts too. It's amazing and the Evora style tune for it is almost the same.

PS sucks about your chest and drive the S2000 maxed but with no tune applied than add my tune and be blown away by how much better it is

Well, I took my Evora online yesterday because that is why I made it. And well, it handles probably as the way you drove it. It was HORRIBLE. Some of your changes helped it out but I still can't get it to stop the understeering after the corner. Thing is crazy!!!
Your tune is certainly better online and I appreciate the help.

Took the GT-R (R32) online and it ran superbly. Thanks for the tune.

Well, I took my Evora online yesterday because that is why I made it. And well, it handles probably as the way you drove it. It was HORRIBLE. Some of your changes helped it out but I still can't get it to stop the understeering after the corner. Thing is crazy!!!
Your tune is certainly better online and I appreciate the help.

Took the GT-R (R32) online and it ran superbly. Thanks for the tune.

lol ya I don't even know how you run such fast times with your version offline. Online physics are totally different too. I would suggest adding a spoiler and lowering the rear toe or front ride height because those will improve the handling. Personally I would just give up on it and try a different car to tune because there is so many problems with that car.

Ferrari Enzo 2002

There are many Enzo tunes out there so to be different this one was specifically designed for the Ferrari seasonal event at Circuit de la Sarthe. I tried it at other tracks and it seems to do very good there too so it is still good for all.

I had a tune on my Enzo for a long time and I didn't see any huge problems with it until Circuit de la Sarthe at the seasonal event. The car was bouncing around everywhere, had over steer, under steer, braked weird, just tons of problems. I set out to fix all this and I believe I have achieved it. Everything has been softened and slightly lifted to compensate for all the bumps and it really shows. It is now like a Rolls Royce of comfort gliding down the straights with more than enough stopping power to slow it down. Yes, it definitely needs good brakes to slow it down due to the 250mph it can do down the straights, however you can brake very late and make the turns easy on the chicanes, but you need the extra brake power for everywhere else especially the last corner at the end of the straights. The best part about this car is when your doing this seasonal (for the money lol) you can drive it like a race car and as you keep driving and start getting tired and less focused it drives just as well. Go ahead scrap the wall, bounce off every car, it doesn't matter this thing keeps going and makes it hard to get into trouble with. If your trying to grind money fast remember to be gentile on the brake and throttle and never touch the grass or you risk a spin. All in all the car is amazing for just having fun and also good as a serious racer.

Last edited:

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_2 by shmogt, on Flickr
Car: Ferrari Enzo 2002
Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 922HP/8900rpm
Torque: 609 ft-lb/6400rpm
Weight: 1044 kg
Miles: 981.5
Performance Points: 649

PARTS:
All parts including spoiler and I added Chassis Reinforcement, but its optional

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 2/25
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 3.549
2nd: 2.198
3rd: 1.526
4th: 1.151
5th: 0.929
6th: 0.770
Final: 4.000
Top Speed: 261

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/12
Accel: xx/44
Braking: xx/18

Suspension
Ride Height: -18/-22
Spring Rate: 9.5/12.0
Extension: 4/5
Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 2.5/3.5
Toe: -0.25/-0.16

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/7

TUNER COMMENTS:
There are many Enzo tunes out there so to be different this one was specifically designed for the Ferrari seasonal event at Circuit de la Sarthe. I tried it at other tracks and it seems to do very good there too so it is still good for all.

I had a tune on my Enzo for a long time and I didn't see any huge problems with it until Circuit de la Sarthe at the seasonal event. The car was bouncing around everywhere, had over steer, under steer, braked weird, just tons of problems. I set out to fix all this and I believe I have achieved it. Everything has been softened and slightly lifted to compensate for all the bumps and it really shows. It is now like a Rolls Royce of comfort gliding down the straights with more than enough stopping power to slow it down. Yes, it definitely needs good brakes to slow it down due to the 250mph it can do down the straights, however you can brake very late and make the turns easy on the chicanes, but you need the extra brake power for everywhere else especially the last corner at the end of the straights. The best part about this car is when your doing this seasonal (for the money lol) you can drive it like a race car and as you keep driving and start getting tired and less focused it drives just as well. Go ahead scrap the wall, bounce off every car, it doesn't matter this thing keeps going and makes it hard to get into trouble with. If your trying to grind money fast remember to be gentile on the brake and throttle and never touch the grass or you risk a spin. All in all the car is amazing for just having fun and also good as a serious racer.

Could this be used as a drag tune?

Hm... For the De La Sarthe track, i softened the suspension as much as possible, and raised the car to the top. Not the best in the turns, but sooo much more comfy than my usual tune on it, especially noticeable with G27 and max Force Feedback... Guess i'll just have to try this one, then :)

Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) or MR-S V Edition (6MT) 2002

I always liked the MR2. You don't see many small affordable mid-engine cars. This car is basically an over sized go kart. You can't go super fast and there is not much torque so its hard to smoke the tires. It's so hard infact that even during testing when I set the LSD up all the way it still had trouble producing quick power. Not too much to say it does everything well and looks cool. Brake points on tracks you just have to watch for because sometimes it stops no prob and other times you should of applied them earlier and get under steer out the corner.

Last edited:
That Suzuki Cervo there is now officially my new favourite car. Thanks a lot! Only thing i did differently was keeping the standard transmission, i love ridiculously short-ranged transmissions...

a100_sausages
That Suzuki Cervo there is now officially my new favourite car. Thanks a lot! Only thing i did differently was keeping the standard transmission, i love ridiculously short-ranged transmissions...

Glad you like it. I'll have to play with transmission settings than.

Wow. Looks better put together than before. But where's the SRT4 tune gone?

Thanks. lol the tune is there its just put in between the challenger and lambo as words. I forgot to take some pics of it before putting it online and I don't want to take it offline since I'm not sure if someone needs it for testing. As soon as this FF thing is over I'm gonna take some pics of it.

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01

I like this styling the best out of any other golf year so I bought this car. It was pretty disappointing when I found out you can not put on any aero parts, but once lowered it still doesn't look too bad. It's not the fastest FF car or the best handling, but the tune tries it's hardest to make it the best it can achieve. Tiny bit of under steer if you slam on the gas out of corners so ease on the gas and there will be no problems.

Last edited:
Ok what you should do is get the car and add all the parts, paint, rims, spoilers, etc whatever you want. Than add me (my screen name) and set the car online so I can work strictly on tuning it. I have one but I have a tune I like on it already and don't wanna change it and yes pricy to buy another

Hi Shmo,

Thanks. Can you actually tune a borrowed car? :)

ZacharySim
Hi Shmo,

Thanks. Can you actually tune a borrowed car? :)

Add all the stuff you want first and it should work. I borrowed one guys car and changed a bunch of settings idk if they save but I can see them. If they don't save for you just look at the post I do about it and enter them

Opel Speedster Turbo 2000

Bye, everybody wave bye. Bye Lotus Elise we have no use for you now. I no everyone has this car because it's a prize item and yet there are no tunes for it. After driving it, it's just crazy since it's so good. It is small and fast with excellent handling and acceleration. It is good on every course which is the best part. Most cars are good on flat tracks, but once it gets bumpy they're screwed. Not this one. I took it to small fast tracks and huge tracks like Nurburgring and it performs amazing everywhere. Go to your garage right now and try this tune, I'm sure you will be amazed something so much fun was just sitting in there collecting dust.

Last edited:
Hi Team Shmo,

just dropping in to say thanks for your select tunes, I decided to try your Enzo La Sarthe tune, and broke my default(suspension, tranny) time of 3:20s, down to 3:14s using your tune. I felt it immediately faster, especially when I wowed myself into 1st, at a time split of 59s and a 5s lead at the 1st chicane. no aids needed whatsoever, no ABS either. G25 user.

Lambob
Hi Team Shmo,

just dropping in to say thanks for your select tunes, I decided to try your Enzo La Sarthe tune, and broke my default(suspension, tranny) time of 3:20s, down to 3:14s using your tune. I felt it immediately faster, especially when I wowed myself into 1st, at a time split of 59s and a 5s lead at the 1st chicane. no aids needed whatsoever, no ABS either. G25 user.

Wow nice, that's seriously quicker. My fav part about that car is you can land fast times like that, but after a while and you start to get tired and getting more sloppy with driving you can hit absolutely everything and the car will still go straight and very fast.

I tried the Speedster Turbo tune last night on my Vauxhall VX220 Turbo '00 (advantage is I was making money on the British Lightweight seasonal while testing). I have it up to 500pp on SS tires. It really should not work set this stiff but it does. Good tune! I'll let you know if I run into any issues later.

BMW V12 LMR Race Car 1999

My first race car tune! I had this car in my garage with 0 miles on it for a little while now when someone asked me to tune it. I accepted the challenge and have created a serious racer. I used racing medium tires for this because I was asked to, but I'm sure racing soft will be the same just a bit better. I tuned it for Sarthe, but it should work anywhere. I also really like how the pictures came out, but wish I didn't crash in the first 2 seconds of that race and now have a huge scuff mark on the front lol.

It was very tail happy and skidded everywhere when I first started testing and difficult to lay down any power without it going crazy and spinning out. I adjusted the springs to where it would stay straight, but the smallest amount of gas and it still went nuts. After more work on the LSD this car is now a beast. It is not the fastest race car out there, but its basically a 1:1 power to weight ratio and virtually 50/50 weight balance which makes it a lot easier to control than some others. Now it is still a race car so don't be a fool and slam on the gas out of the corners. You will end up burning away the tires and/or spin out so be easy on the gas and there will be no problems.

Last edited:

Alfa Romeo 147 GTA 2002

Not the greatest, not the worst. All around fun and easy to drive. Tinniest bit of under steer, but handles really well. I don't know why, but it feels like your going faster than you actually are driving it. Can't go wrong with its clean looks either.

Edit: this car is actually a lot faster than you would expect. It's times are equal to cars with much more hp than it.

Last edited:
Hey,

just wanted to say thanks again for the nice and solid BMW tune and give some Feedback.

TLDR: My Lap times dropped from 3:33 to the 3:25-3:26 region on Sarthe (any im in no way a good driver, so there is lots of room for improvement)

- The car accel. has been "regulated". Spinning is only noticeable at the end of 1st and end of 3rd when accelerating out of the apex.
- Car is very neutral. It still hase some oversteer tendencies in slow corners due to its power of course.
- Top Speed is hillarious. Braking into the first chicane with about 38x km/H was a blast.
- Car behaviour under heavy Braking is stable.

Now after all the positive feedback some (personal) critics.
- I guess Brakes could be even stronger. As hitting the ABS with these cars is not something you want to do unless in a straight line, the break power before wheel lockup could be a tad stronger.

- Due to the (very good) neutral setup of the car, it suddenly tends to have some understeer tendencies in fast corners (porsche curve for example).
I might not be used to the setup yet though. So i might be totally wrong here and just happened to have the wrong entry speed while testing yesterday (270 at entry, around 225-235 shortly before apex)

Will update here when i come to new results.

Now lets see how the car compares against those pesky Diesels.... :)
(Due to health reasons, my Doc told me to stay in front of those...)

Cheers

Back