Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Those QR parts get screwed onto the CSW compatible rims, not to the bases. Look at Thomas' introduction video once again ;)

I agree, but i had to have a look at the video though!

When I did, i saw the front of the CSW rim, and thus the placing of the bolts for the CR mechanism. Now look at the placing of those empty holes in the base; they are the same but rotated 90 degrees.

But i have to agree with you; its an assumption. Nothing more.

I dont want to start something like the rim thing. Just because FMW stated: "It would indeed" doesnt mean it really will be that rim. But I do hope so. I could at least catch it somewhere random.

Props to Hotspitta for posting a CSR image in the F4 General Discussion. A little "reverse engineering" netted some more photos.

CSR Wheel

01_csr.jpg

02_csr.jpg

03_csr.jpg

CSR Elite Wheel

01_csre.jpg

02_csre.jpg

03_csre.jpg

04_csre.jpg

05_csre.jpg

Props to Hotspitta for posting a CSR image in the F4 General Discussion. A little "reverse engineering" netted some more photos.

CSR Wheel

01_csr.jpg

02_csr.jpg

03_csr.jpg

Im targeting this one.👍👍👍.. a Xbox :tup:and FM4.👍👍.. if all goes according to plan... Just in case I allready bought the divorce papers...:dopey: kidding

Fanatec is either 10,000 years old or a small tree. Either way, cool :)

Q. What does "Banzai" mean?

A. "Banzai(万歳)" literally means ten thousand years (of life). It is written with the combination of the kanji characters for "ten thousand(万)" and "age(歳)".

"Banzai" is a Japanese cheer that can be translates as "Long life!" or "Hurrah!" It is usually repeated three times to express enthusiasm, celebrate a victory, applause and favor on happy occasion while raising both arms. It is commonly done together with the large group of people.

The guy is praising Fanatec for the CSR Elite. So his last sentence makes that translation a bit ambiguous.

So there are CSW, CSR, and CSR Elite wheels?

Anyone know how much the CSR is?

The GT2 wheel without pedals or other accessories goes for $250. I would imagine the CSR would be right around that number. The CSR is supposed to have revised electronics and improved force feedback, and of course the new "Forza style" wheel and paddles. Otherwise the features are pretty similar.

CSR Elite Wheel

01_csre.jpg

02_csre.jpg

03_csre.jpg

04_csre.jpg

05_csre.jpg

I like the new look of the Elite. Its much classier than that stupid gloss paint or my own plans to wrap it with Di-Noc lol.

Does it look to anybody else that the "engine cover" glass is missing. You can clearly tell its missing in the first photo, and then in the second it seems to be absent from either side of the opening but with a slight glare over the center mechanicals. What do you guys think, slight design change, intentionally removed for photo shoot, or am I just crazy and they windexed it really good before the picture lol?

Edit: I was wondering this the other day. Six hex screws in the face of the elite rim, I wonder what happens if you remove them? And I suppose more importantly, what else can then be attached to them? Food for Thought...

Last edited:
The GT2 wheel without pedals or other accessories goes for $250. I would imagine the CSR would be right around that number. The CSR is supposed to have revised electronics and improved force feedback, and of course the new "Forza style" wheel and paddles. Otherwise the features are pretty similar.

Thomas said this : We will keep our fully modular ordering system so the pricing depends on the options you take. It will range between 320 and 700 for a set with pedals, here http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/5907
So I'm guessing $320.

Definitely intentional so that the pics can show better clarity on the internals.

Am really in a dilemma now seeing that Fanatec has a very decent wheel for XB360. Am just wondering if FM4 is going to be worth the investment into a CSR-E, CSP, CSS and a XB360 + FM4.

:)

About those csp pedals.
Thomas. COnfirmed that the piston is just a mod from neogaf. I knew that clutch looked familiar.

Pdreams
Definitely intentional so that the pics can show better clarity on the internals.

Am really in a dilemma now seeing that Fanatec has a very decent wheel for XB360. Am just wondering if FM4 is going to be worth the investment into a CSR-E, CSP, CSS and a XB360 + FM4.

:)

The Fanatec hardware IS compatible with PS3 & PC also, you're NOT buying it just for ONE Xbox game...

Caz
About those csp pedals.
Thomas. COnfirmed that the piston is just a mod from neogaf. I knew that clutch looked familiar.

I figured that was the case. Thomas told us here a few months ago that CSPv2's may come at some time but they are not in the immediate plans or even on the table by the sound of it.

Brock1Samson9
I figured that was the case. Thomas told us here a few months ago that CSPv2's may come at some time but they are not in the immediate plans or even on the table by the sound of it.

Yeah. I remember him posting about that. But I think w Thomas has his own measure of the time space continuum. So it really wouldnt have surprised me if the csp.2 made a surprise appearance.

Thomas.
Shifter.shifter.shifter.shifter.
where is more info on he shifter........

Caz
Yeah. I remember him posting about that. But I think w Thomas has his own measure of the time space continuum. So it really wouldnt have surprised me if the csp.2 made a surprise appearance.

Haha.

And yea when will we know more about the shifter

The Fanatec hardware IS compatible with PS3 & PC also, you're NOT buying it just for ONE Xbox game...

This is true, and hopefully Simbin is porting/making GTR3 for the xbox360 too. They were hiring people experienced in console code just after they announced development of the game so that's a big pointer in the Xbox's direction seeing as Race Pro (also well worth buying) was an also Xbox exclusive title. I do get the feeling it may be multi-platform though this time = revenue.

New video on ISR site with them playing F1 2011 on xbox360 with the CSR wheel. Mobile app doesn't support youtube embedding, sorry!

The new TWISR is finally out. They start off covering some of the new Fanatec CSR gear, which comes off like an ad, but to be fair to Shaun, I'd be pretty excited too. The CSR Wheel will be $250 USD, same as the GT2. Shaun seems to like it a lot, but we still have yet to hear just how "improved" the CSR Wheel is over the GT2. Thomas has mentioned upgraded electronics and FFB without getting into specifics.

The CSR Elite pedals are $150 USD. These look really nice. Lots of metal in the construction, mixed with what looks like some pretty solid plastic. The brake uses a load cell while the throttle and clutch use pots. I think many people would be tempted to pay the extra $50 for the ClubSport Pedals though, to get the full metal construction and hall effect sensors.

Finally, the CSR 6+1 and Sequential Shifters look... fair. $60 USD for the pair. The design looks the same as the previous Fanatec shifters, except with a gloss finish for the base. The knobs and presumably the shafts (keep your minds out of the gutter) are metal, so they should have a nice heft to them, but I don't know if anything else has been improved or beefed up internally. Without more detail or firsthand experience, we don't yet know if they've reduced the toylike feel.

Anyway, watch for yourself:

Yes it is. But please, next time try to look for the answer, I remember a couple posts up someone mentioned it was, as is the OP.

Back