3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
EU Results:

3D3_20110928_Event4_Results_EU.jpg

It was a really fun race for me personally. Close battles with Speedy and Hydro early and then Speedy and I had a good battle for 5th for the last few laps. The battle for 3rd was also within a second. đź‘Ť
Congrats on the win, Chris. :cheers:

Some pretty good fast laps, I just cracked 53.946, pretty settled on my setup, which is incredibly soft.:crazy:
-20 / -25
4.5 / 3.7
1 / 2
1 / 2
2 / 1

1.0 / 0.5
0.00 / 0.00

Still need 186miles to max power. :lol:

Thanks for the race, guys - I wish I could have hung out for a natter, but the finish timing worked out perfectly for me as-is. Cleanest race I've ever seen online at Monaco.

I hope my replay save was successful - the game hung on me while exiting.

I enjoyed that immensely, despite being underprepared and, well, slow. Good clean racing from what I could see, and ran very smoothly. I hope I didn't appear too laggy - I really want to know, because I wanted to be clean/aware more than fast, and it appeared that way to me.

Note to self: Don't fiddle with the RA menu coming out of the tunnel. If you do, try not to panic and forget where the brake button is on your new control layo *SMASH*.

I think I was the only mug with a DS3 in the room, but anyways.... I've just changed to L2/R2 brake/accel with gear shift on the stick, so that I can (in theory) heel/toe - had L2 brake as well as stick before, but it always messed with my ability to manage downshifts at the same time on L1. I've got more usable buttons now, so RA and views are doable for racing online, so that's nice.

If any fellow DS3 users could share their final race setup, I'd be grateful. Mine was a slightly tweaked version of Chris' online, with higher dampers, I think, with my own dubious gearing (I just wanted the craziness at certain corners to stop). It may have frankensettuped a bit with Hydro's last posted one. I'll find out if the game actually saved it tonight.

Last edited:
Cleanest race I've ever seen online at Monaco.

I'd agree with that 100%. Most online races at Monaco end in carnage and some hard feelings. Not so in the EU event and hopefully more of the same in the NA event. Everyone is a good sport (& good driver) and they fight for spots but when beat to the corner or exiting the corner they at least make some room rather than try dirty tactics to hold the position... at least that what I observed and tried to practice myself. đź‘Ť

Thanks Dom. :)

Cleanest race I've ever seen online at Monaco.

Indeed - I want to add my personal thanks to Pekka for patience through the swimming pool section in the early laps. My setup wasn't great on cold tyres but he held it together rather than trying something rash. Nice driving mate. đź‘Ť

I'm going to have to bow out of the later race guys - I forgot its GMT not BST which makes it 4am here and I really can't manage that today. Sorry about that mates - I'll catch you in the next one I hope. Good luck in the next round anyway. :cheers:

I think I was the only mug with a DS3 in the room, but anyways.... I've just changed to L2/R2 brake/accel with gear shift on the stick, so that I can (in theory) heel/toe - had L2 brake as well as stick before, but it always messed with my ability to manage downshifts at the same time on L1. I've got more usable buttons now, so RA and views are doable for racing online, so that's nice.

If any fellow DS3 users could share their final race setup, I'd be grateful.

I use the DS3 đź‘Ť I've got the classic button layout (X for accelerator and Square for Brake) I've tried it with the triggers but hated it. As for the gears, I use Automatic, I'm too slow doing it manually with the DS3.

Have to withdraw from race tonjght. Need to.get up for work at 1:30. I'll try again next week.

OK. I took you off the list.

My lounge is now open for pre-quali practice. Will reset it at 7:00 PM PDT to start qualifying, but anyone is welcome to join between now and then. I'll be away for some time however and won't be on track.

I use the DS3 đź‘Ť I've got the classic button layout (X for accelerator and Square for Brake) I've tried it with the triggers but hated it. As for the gears, I use Automatic, I'm too slow doing it manually with the DS3.

Rawk! I have no idea how you manage throttle - I still found it tricky on the stick, and R2 is taking some getting used to.

What tune did you wind up with?

Pekkas set up from the WRS Event but changed suspension to -5 / +10 and +0.07 rear toe, if I remember correctly. It was a bit stiff ( :sly: ) but I preferred it to the oversteer set ups.

I must go to bed now, getting late.

Good race tonight guys đź‘Ť Congratz to CSL for another win and Lefty for a great race to come in 2nd. I'll be posting the live stats video later tonight or tomorrow.

NICE race guys!

No apologies needed:

Blair: T2 chicane was just normal 2 cars through a tight space contact, but the fact that I kept losing time to you every lap after that, means you would have passed me eventually, if not there. đź‘Ť

Kevin: Of course you hit me coming around that corner before the tunnel. I lost concentration for a second, smacked straight into the tan wall, and then tried to REVERSE out of it, straight in front of you and the guys behind you! :dunce: Not smart on my part.

Still had a great time, especially the first half, when I thought I was 2nd (really 3rd 'cause I couldn't see Lefty!).

Great hosting Tim and Marc! :cheers:

Last edited:
Good race tonight guys đź‘Ť Congratz to CSL for another win and Lefty for a great race to come in 2nd. I'll be posting the live stats video later tonight or tomorrow.

I'm completely confused now, I started on the pole and never got passed event after I pited and came out the board showed me in first. How was it that I didn't win?

The game even said that I was in the lead by 6+ at the end.

Man I sure hope that GT5 2.0 will fix this.

Can't wait to see the full results, unfortunately I could only see WRP all race. :grumpy:

I actually had fun regardless, just pushing every lap for a new best, thought I was going to clip the wall exiting turn 1 at least 10-15 times. :lol:
Since I couldn't see anyone, and never actually needed tires at all, I just waited for lap 16, as I figured most everyone would have pit by then, I think 30 laps could be done on a single set here, not sure if it's the car or my setup was magic this time.
Managed a 52.741 I think for a best lap, and to see I'd been .3 down from my best at T1 means I must have really nailed 2 and 3, very surprised at how much this car let itself be pushed.
Other then smacking the wall and losing 8 seconds it was pretty much as fast as I could hope to run though, sounded like everyone had fun though, look forward to next week, and presumably seeing everyone.:lol:

Which brings me to a suggestion, public lobby?
With public lobbies we can still do everything we do now, but with host not fixed, the servers will nab whomever has the best connection of the entire room to be "host" which generally lessons problems like these, as I normally don't have issues when nobody else at my house is online. (at least not major ones like only seeing one car.)
Just an idea to throw out there.

Here are the full results for the NA event:

3D3_20110928_Event4_Results_NA.jpg

There were definitely some network glitches tonight. Qualification to start... I qualified 2nd with a 1'53.9XX and started on the grid last. CSL actually started on the grid 2nd to Lefty even though he ran the fastest lap at 1'53.6XX. And then several people couldn't see others. There was a big lag after the race countdown ended and that's never a good thing.

Next week we'll have Hydro host the event as there were no issues with the EU event that he hosted... but I suspect it's not the host, but certain individuals routers that repeatedly have the same issues. I believe there were public lobbies for OMRS and the same problems occurred with the same people. Router issues are to blame and GT5 isn't going to fix your own network.

We also believe resetting the room before quali might be messing things up. Not sure how we get around that except not opening the room until the start of quali. Maybe we can hold practice in my room and then shuffle over to Hydro's lounge for the start of Quali. We didn't reset the room for Groceries and we still had the issue where EDK didn't see Lefty so it's not just that. Anyway, it was still fun, but made it pretty difficult to coordinate a formation lap when the two drivers in front couldn't see eachother. :lol:

Last edited:
Would've joined you guys in the NA Timeslot.
Unfortunatly I slept right through my alarm of 3:30AM :sly:
Better luck next week ;)

Some nice laprecords from Lefty, Hydro and WRP there đź‘Ť
I myself couldn't figure out a setup to get in the 54's

Crusin' Monaco EU Highlights
9 Drivers from 8 different Countries đź‘Ť
And they are off!
Lap 1
CtedAzur_1copy.jpg

CtedAzur_2copy.jpg

Lap 2
MadMax86 already giving Vagabond the HighBeams :lol:
CtedAzur_3copy.jpg

Lap 3 Pretty much the last shot of clean cars :sly:
CtedAzur_4copy.jpg

Lap 4 The two car battles commence đź‘Ť
CtedAzur_5copy.jpg

Lap 10 Hydro and WRP001. Shocking that they are that close... WRP001 took the WRS event by .1
CtedAzur_6copy.jpg

As do Sjaak and Yanaran... more from them later...
Odd, I didn't have the "Tiger Shark Stripes" option in my paint chips...:odd:
CtedAzur_7copy.jpg

Lap 15 Still fighting...
CtedAzur_8copy.jpg

Lap 16 Mazda's taking a beating :lol:
CtedAzur_9copy.jpg

Lap 18 That doesn't look like a good idea...:crazy:
CtedAzur_10copy.jpg

Lap 19 So they kept on doing it :D
Side by side though 6 corners in 2 laps đź‘Ť
CtedAzur_11copy.jpg

Lap 21 & Lap 22 WRP001 just will not let Speedy6543 get away.
CtedAzur_12copy.jpg

CtedAzur_13copy.jpg

Lap 23 Basically this close for the entire race đź‘Ť Made for a great replay!
CtedAzur_15copy.jpg

Lap 26 MadMax86 still hunting down Vagabond.
CtedAzur_16copy.jpg

Race Winner [48'17.008], Pole Position, and best Lap [1'53.259]: GTP_Vagabond!
CtedAzur_19copy.jpg

Congratulations Chris!

Another great race đź‘Ť
Thanks for coming out, See you next week :gtpflag:

NA Race pics Here
Race Results and Videos Here

Last edited:
Video highlights of the first 5-6 laps of the EU event:

Also posted the livestats video for the US event above with the results.

...And it wasn't so much a "battle" for third, I just tried to keep up with sjaak, "följa John" we call it in Swedish :sly:

I was pushing the car to the limit and had to use all my capabilities to stay ahead.:scared:

Nice race and what a great combo đź‘Ť

A big thanks to Hydro and WRP for hosting and keeping up all the data up to date.
The 3D3Racing thread is very provisional with all the pics , movies.

Now, lets hope for El Capitan soon :D

I was pushing the car to the limit and had to use all my capabilities to stay ahead.:scared:

Nice race and what a great combo đź‘Ť

A big thanks to Hydro and WRP for hosting and keeping up all the data up to date.

Now, lets hope for El Capitan soon :D
You did a good job, I couldn't find an opportunity to pass all race. I really only got close enough to make an attempt 2 or 3 times but you held your line every time so I backed off instead of doing something crazy. đź‘Ť

You did seem to get nervous a few times when I got close but every time you scraped a wall I had to have a close look at the same spot. :sly:

You did seem to get nervous a few times when I got close but every time you scraped a wall I had to have a close look at the same spot. :sly:

Same story here in *both* races.

In the EU race I chased down speedy from a decent gap and got him "nervous", but managed to follow him almost every time he went wide. I finally managed to make a pass on lap 25 only to give it back about 1/2 lap later. I nudged the wall on the final lap otherwise it would have been a drag race down the last straight to the finish.

In the NA race I got stuck at the back after quali and then hit the wall after the chicane on lap 5 and spun backward losing a ton of time. Took me 3 laps to catch the tail end of the field. Made a pass by Blair on lap 8 and then Lucas had some issue and I passed him on lap 9. Caught up to Kevin on lap 10, but couldn't manage a pass. So when he pitted on lap 12 I stayed out and pushed hard for two laps and came out of pits just a second in front of him. I managed to hold him off until tires warmed. I then ran 8 straight laps in the 1'54s and closed a 6 second gap on Marc. During the same time Marc closed the gap to Lefty from 11 seconds on lap 15 to just under 5 seconds on lap 22. As Marc and I battled for position over 6 laps or so I pressured him relentlessly, but he never made any major mistake. The gap to Lefty stabilized and then starting on lap 25 Lefty began to stretch it out again. I bobbled badly on lap 25 and could never get close enough to Marc to pressure him in the final lap.

CSL was in his own world in front running 1'53 often and at least one 1'52. Basically untouchable from the rest of us... would have been fun to see Chris, Max and some of the faster EU guys battle with him on the same event. Maybe next time.

This race at Monaco definitely exceeded my expectations given the narrow track, slippery tires and potential for carnage. Everyone should be commended on coming well prepared and/or racing really clean. There were a few mistakes here and there (myself definitely included), but the competition and sportsmanship so far in these 3D3 events is second to none as far as any GT5 online races I've ever competed in. đź‘Ť

This is exactly how I thought the OMRS should have run their events, the time that everyone puts in on these combos make the racing something that is of the highest caliber. The two events should combine to take the presure off "W" and Hydro. I can't speak for the OMRS but this system is a perfict fit for the WRS and GTP should sponsor this deal and make it one of the forums crowning jewls like the WRS. đź‘Ť

I haven't had this much fun since I ran in the SHIFT league every week and with the quality of production and the organization of these events, they are nothing but first class. :)

Now off to Daytona to prepare for our next great race.

This is exactly how I thought the OMRS should have run their events, the time that everyone puts in on these combos make the racing something that is of the highest caliber. The two events should combine to take the presure off "W" and Hydro. I can't speak for the OMRS but this system is a perfict fit for the WRS and GTP should sponsor this deal and make it one of the forums crowning jewls like the WRS. đź‘Ť

I haven't had this much fun since I ran in the SHIFT league every week and with the quality of production and the organization of these events, they are nothing but first class. :)

Now off to Daytona to prepare for our next great race.

Thanks Lefty... but speaking just for myself... I like doing this A LOT and don't really want the pressure taken off... at least not yet. :lol: I'm sure the GTPlanet admins are working on something pretty cool and will be glad to be a part of it (as a participant) when they do, but until then I'm enjoying 3D3 Racing as much as you.

Now go tell Waffles to come back and race with us again! Did he ever get his division placement in WRS?

Last edited:
3D3_logo_40pct.gif

Presents...
British Invasion Online

Daytona_3.jpg

Disclaimer: This is *NOT* an official GTPlanet or WRS sanctioned event and members are not obligated to take part.

Event Summary

Title: British Invasion Online
Event: Online adaptation of the GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 34 Event: British Invasion
Duration: Appx 90 minutes. 30 minute qualification / 60 minute race (25 laps or TBD)

North American Race Slot
Host: GTP_Hydro's Private Lounge
Time: Wednesday, October 12 at 7:00 PM PDT (EDT = 10 PM, GMT = Oct 13 at 2 AM).

European Race Slot
Host: GTP_Hydro's Private Lounge
Time: Wednesday, October 13 at 7:00 PM GMT (EDT = 3 PM, GMT = 12 PM PDT).
Driver Eligibility

Eligibility for this 3D3 event will include GTP_Registered members plus referred drivers. A registry member can make a referral for this event by simply including other drivers PSN IDs with their own registration request in this thread. To guarantee eligibility for all 3D3 events run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join the registry now!

Registration
  1. Reply to this thread and include in the text of the message your GTP_ PSN ID and the title of this event "British Invasion Online". To sign up (refer) a driver not on the GTP_Registry, a registered driver should include the PSN ID of the non registered driver(s) in their post.
  2. Send a PSN friend request to GTP_WRP001 with subject line "3D3 Racing" if you haven't already done so. Any referred driver(s) will also need to submit a friend request.
There is a 16 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers list below for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please send a PM to one of the 3D3 racing stewards or post in the thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. This particular GTP_WRS event was held in Arcade Mode therefore the car used for the online race is from the "Recommended Garage" section. You cannot use and do not need this car in your personal garage. Tuning will not be a factor in this event except for "In Event Tuning" for ABS, Brake Balance, etc.

Event Timing

North American Race Slot
  • Qualification: Wednesday October 12, 7:00 PM PDT (30 minute session)
  • Race Start: Wednesday October 12, 7:30 PM PDT
  • Race End: After 25 or TBD laps. Target race duration of approximately 60 minutes.

European Race Slot
  • Qualification: Wednesday October 12, 7:00 PM GMT (30 minute session)
  • Race Start: Wednesday October 12, 7:30 PM GMT
  • Race End: After 25 or TBD laps. Target race duration of approximately 60 minutes.

Lounge Settings

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Daytona Road Course
  • Car: Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 (from the recommended garage)
  • Tires: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 25 or TBD
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First (based on 30 minute qualification session)
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: Weak (to penalize cutting corners on this track)
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Low
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On [be aware of cold tires at start or first lap out of pits]
  • Pit Stops: Allowed and as often as you need to but not required. When exiting the pit lane, remember to stay within pit lane exit boundaries and yield to approaching drivers. If you choose to go without a pitstop (or with fewer) be prepared for the significant speed difference of approaching drivers (see passing/blocking below).

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: Select From Garage, Recommended Garage, Jaguar XKR Couple '10
  • Performance Points: NA
  • Power: NA
  • Weight: NA
  • Tire Restrictions: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: Off
  • TCS | Driving Line | ASM |: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

If for some reason you are unable to finish the race and need to stop:
  • Pull the car over off the track next to a wall and as far from the driving line as possible
  • Press the E-Brake
  • Then press Start
  • This will ghost your car and it won't allow it to interfere with the other drivers.

Overall winner will be sent a prize (prize will be announced at race time).

Good Luck,

3D3 Racing
:
GTP_WRP001
GTP_Hydro
GTP_Gravitron​

Daytona_2.jpg

DriverRegistration.jpg

NA Race Slot (10:00 PM EDT / 7:00 PM PDT @ GTP_Hydro's Lounge)
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL...........
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Ultimate Black Metallic
  2. ca.gif
    GTP_Welsh-Bain....
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Salsa
  3. us.gif
    GTP_EDK...........
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Botanical Green Metallic
  4. ca.gif
    GTP_T13R..........
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Indigo Metallic
  5. us.gif
    GTPcats_pajamas...
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Lunar Grey Metallic
  6. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro.(Host)..
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Vapour Grey Metallic
  7. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Frost Blue Metallic
  8. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron.....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Ebony
  9. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright...
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Porcelain (Porcelain)
  10. ca.gif
    GTP_gooners_17....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Spectrum Blue Metallic
  11. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR.....
    badge_division_4.png
    ....Claret
  12. us.gif
    GTP_RaceRyder.....
    badge_division_4.png
    ....Pearl Grey
Available Spots on Grid: 4
Available Colors (NA): Liquid Silver Metallic

EU Race Slot (3:00 PM EDT / 12:00 PM PDT @ GTP_Hydro's Lounge)
  1. uk.gif
    GTP_Vagabond......
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Botanical Green Metallic
  2. se.gif
    GTP_Yanaran.......
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Salsa
  3. uk.gif
    GTP_Markyboy......
    badge_division_1.png
  4. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543....
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Indigo Metallic
  5. fi.gif
    GTP_MadMax86......
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Ebony
  6. uk.gif
    GTP_Biffy.........
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Lunar Grey Metallic
  7. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro.(Host)..
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Vapour Grey Metallic
  8. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Frost Blue Metallic
  9. au.gif
    GTP_ealirendur....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Claret
  10. nl.gif
    GTP_Sjaak.........
    badge_division_3.png
  11. be.gif
    GTP_poolhaas......
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Liquid Silver Metallic
  12. ie.gif
    GTP_akmuq.........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Porcelain (Porcelain)
  13. ca.gif
    GTP_gooners_17....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Ultimate Black Metallic
  14. uk.gif
    GTP_Daz...........
    badge_division_5.png
    ....Pearl Grey
Available Spots on Grid: 2
Available Colors (EU): Time to reuse and recycle We will assign so you are unique in your division "neighborhood".

RaceResults.jpg

NA Race

Start of the in-thread post-race reports/discussion

3D3_20111012_Event5_Results_NA.jpg

--------------------------------
EU Race

Start of the in-thread post-race reports/discussion

BritishInvasionEUResults.jpg

Last edited:
For those having network issues with GT5 online...

You should check your own router for one or both of these features:
  • Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)
  • Universal Plug-and-Play (UPnP)
(These are from a Belkin user manual, but most routers have support for one or both of these)

The DMZ feature allows you to specify one computer (or PS3) on your network to be placed outside of the firewall. This may be necessary if the firewall is causing problems with an application such as a game or video conferencing application. Use this feature on a temporary basis. The computer in the DMZ is NOT protected from hacker attacks. To put a computer in the DMZ, enter the last digits of its IP address in the IP field and select “Enable”....

UPnP is yet another advanced feature offered by your Belkin Router. It is a technology that offers seamless operation of voice messaging, video messaging, games, and other applications that are UPnP compliant. Some applications require the Router’s firewall to be configured in a specific way to operate properly. This usually requires opening TCP and UDP ports, and in some instances, setting trigger ports. An application that is UPnP-compliant has the ability to communicate with the Router, basically “telling” the Router which way it needs the firewall configured. The Router ships with the UPnP feature disabled. If you are using any applications that are UPnP-compliant (like GT5), and wish to take advantage of the UPnP features, you can enable the UPnP feature. Simply select “Enable” in the “UPnP Enabling” section of the “Utilities” page. Click “Apply Changes” to save the change.​

First thing you should do is perform a network test on your PS3 in the XMB menu. It will show you what your current setup is. In addition to bandwidth type you will see one of the following:
  • NAT 1: This means you are NOT behind a router/firewall, either bipassing it or using the DMZ feature (Marc and I have this set up). If you have this setup you will almost never have issues with invisible drivers. You may still have stuttering if someone is using your bandwidth and/or you have high latency, but you won't get the invisible driver issue.
  • NAT 2: You are behind a router/firewall but properly setup without restrictions. You should make sure if you are in this mode that UPnP is detected and enabled (will show in test results) otherwise you may still have issues with some games like GT5 even though others may work.
  • NAT 3: This is the result of being hooked into a router without being properly setup for data transfer. essentially it is restrictive.

If you run the test and it comes back NAT 3 you need to make some changes for sure. If it comes back NAT 2 without UPnP you may also have problems and probably worth spending the time to configure UPnP or use the DMZ to switch to NAT 1. Note: you also have to enable UPnP from the PS3 from the network setup section of the XMB. i.e. both the router and the PS3 have to be using UPnP at the same time for it to work.

I would suggest that both Lefty and CSL run the network test and report here what the results are for them. We'd be willing to help out with setup if you let us know what your router model is... it's possible the router doesn't support either of these features and there is one other manual method involved static port fowarding, but that's a last resort. Or a new wifi router of course that does support DMZ or UPnP properly.

I don't think hacking and attacks are a big issue for PS3 at the moment so DMZ would be (and is) my first choice to get NAT 1. If I were talking about a PC there's no way I'd recommend that DMZ setup though as a PC is under constant threat of attack or viruses. Use at your own risk of course and don't blame me :sly:

Should have been :

A big thanks to Gravitron, Hydro and WRP for hosting and keeping up all the data up to date.

:cheers:

No offense taken, Sjaak. đź‘Ť (less offense, shall we say, than when you killed me last week with a stellar T3! :sly:)

Hydro (Marc) and WRP001 (Tim) do the majority of the heavy lifting around here, and I'm happy to help out a little where I can!

To follow up on Tim's router settings post, usually to access your router's settings, you can bring up a browser on your PC, and point it to 192.168.2.1 in the URL bar (on my router, at least).
As of last night, my PS3's network test in the XMB shows NAT 2 and UPnP enabled/detected.

Should have been :

A big thanks to Gravitron, Hydro and WRP for hosting and keeping up all the data up to date.

:cheers:

Yes, Lucas is a very important cog in the 3D3 wheel. He runs last in all races and sweeps up any debris that may be on track. :lol: :lol: I'm in trouble for that one and just kidding of course.

Can someone please verify we have the EU times right for the event. I'm so confused with all the time changes this time of year. The one constant is that Hydro is going to host the EU event at 3:00 PM his local time which is Eastern Time. And the NA races will always be at 7:00 PM Pacific Time.

My MONACO ORANGE wheels really failed me last night. :ouch:

Next time I drop to last place, I think I'll throw my son in the seat and say "Go hog wild, boy". Then we'll all be sorry! :lol: j/k

My MONACO ORANGE wheels really failed me last night. :ouch:

Next time I drop to last place, I think I'll throw my son in the seat and say "Go hog wild, boy". Then we'll all be sorry! :lol: j/k

We should have a special "child of GTP_XXX" event. But LittleLefty will walk on the field in those events. Parents are allowed to run the gas/break with the DS3 if the child is under 10 years old, but the kid must run the wheel. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back