Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
Why don't you do it yourself? I bet it won't make any difference. If he had tracks ready to be released he would release them.

I don't have a twitter account, and I'm pretty sure PD a at least a couple tracks modeled already they just don't want to release yet...

i wish I could use twitter just for his account. Damn PS3 browser. I need a netbook or something. Or maybe Vita's browser will be halfway decent.

i wish I could use twitter just for his account. Damn PS3 browser. I need a netbook or something. Or maybe Vita's browser will be halfway decent.

You'll laugh out loud @ the PS3 Browser when you compare it with the PSV browser, how a tiny device can do better things that a home console? :boggled:

He didn't write anything today :( wake up KAZ! :P

Latest tweet, via Google Translate...

Tomorrow, December 20 Gran Turismo 5 is the last online update of the year. It is also a Christmas present. At the same time, GT-2012 model, including the R "Car Pack 2" provided by the DLC.

So... I'm all kinds of confused. I think there's a christmas with the update (I'm guessing the 125SP ?) as for the GT-2012, the GT86 ?

In the Japanese version of that tweet he says "There's also a Christmas present", meaning in addition to the update (クリスマスプレゼントもあるよ).

He's talking about the 2012 GT-R. Google Translate just butchered the sentence.

Edit: Christmas present eh? Assuming it's the kart but if it's something that's not been announced yet, then that's cool. :D

He's saying that they will also start offering the Car Pack 2 DLC which includes the 2012 model GT-R, then corrects himself saying that it will be available starting from December 21 (a day after the update).

So... I'm all kinds of confused. I think there's a christmas with the update (I'm guessing the 125SP ?) as for the GT-2012, the GT86 ?
Jay
Wasn't the Christmas present the GT 86?

1. As an additional gift to players this holiday season, everyone who downloads the 2.02 update will also receive the stunning Toyota FT-86 2012 to add to their in-game collection.

2. ...special gift anyone who purchased anything from the first batch of DLC will get unlock the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards in the game for free.

3. Those who purchased the course and/or vehicle DLC that was released in October will be able to download Family Upgrade unlocks for free from the store. This means that if you bought the Racing Car Pack, Course Pack, or the ‘Complete Pack’ that contained both of these, by downloading the free Family Upgrade items, the content will now be accessible to more than just the user account that purchased the content. Family members or friends using the same PS3 can all use the courses and cars. Note that the upgrade doesn’t apply to the Racing Gear Pack or Special Paint Pack, and starting next week, new purchases will not have the restriction in place.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/14/gran-turismo-5-new-dlc-and-update-2-02-coming-next-week/

The DLC is probably a day later because they want to make sure they don't have the same problem they had last time with some people having to wait several hours before the DLC they bought showed up.

IF there is a surprise, it could be the Test Course wich appears to have day/night transition as it seems from Spec 2.0 intro (the part that shows 2 BMWs racing on a long straight and turning their lights on). I would bet that he's talking about the GT 86 though as a new track is not very likely in my point of view.

How did you all get from crappy google translation to assuming that we will get another gift? :)
"photo of Kaz with cellphone" - oh, it's vodafone - OMG! we will get new McLaren F1 :D

Back