Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
Just to add my two cents...
i think it's great we're all still buzzing for DLC and free content over a year after the game has been released, so any content (whatever it is) im greatful for.

The only thing i would complain about would be that there isn't much to do with the DLC as there are no events in Spa or Kart Space to race on, makes me feel like i could have saved a few pennies as I can still play Spa online without buying the DLC.
I haven't lost all hope tho as PD seems to have listened to the community so far so i wouldn't rule out them giving us some Spa seasonal events for xmas :)

Lets hope they make good on all their promises 👍

EDIT: No new tracks. Ah well. At least some people got their wishes granted. And we got another skyline :dopey:

Some nice new updates and DLC we are getting, and people better be happy the ratio of EU cars is more than JP cars this time (even if i prefer Japanese cars) :lol:
And finally the people moaning about standard wheels can now be laid to rest :D

Liking the new DLC. The Scirocco alone makes the car pack worth getting. I find these improvements to be interesting:

•Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
•The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
•In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
•Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
•Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
•In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
•In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
•In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
•Improved racing sound effects
•Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked

Very interested in hearing the Improved Racoing sound effects.

Last edited:
If you have been here long enough, you know that people get their expectations too high, and if it doesn't happen you will get 500 threads complaining. So I sometimes bring in some negativity to prevent that from happening and get 500 threads praising PD instead.

You better check my profile, I have been here longer than you.

I more than understand what you are saying, but why do that? Help change the culture here at GTPlanet.

Bring positive elements everywhere you go.:)

Well well, disappointing as expected. 5 new cars, only 2 of them totally new, and both under 300hp, no new tracks. PD, it's Christmas...

You better check my profile, I have been here longer than you.

I more than understand what you are saying, but why do that? Help change the culture here at GTPlanet.

Bring positive elements everywhere you go.:)

I'm always trying to do this.

BTW, back on topic... waiting for Kaz announcement. Who knows if we get some aditional info?

Good update as usual. But the DLC is shocking..... Two boring VWs, another Mini for no apparent reason and yet another Skyline.

To be fair the 2012 skyline is a big car to have but you can achieve the same thing on GT5 by tuning one of the older versions.

Good update as usual. But the DLC is shocking..... Two boring VWs, another Mini for no apparent reason and yet another Skyline.

To be fair the 2012 skyline is a big car to have but you can achieve the same thing on GT5 by tuning one of the older versions.

I must agree that the DLC is a bit disaponting, but to look on the bright side PD is finally bringing recent cars, and though I have no oppinion on the Mini, both the VWs are great aditions as I like'em very much.

For the GT-R, no, the same thing can't be achieved on GT5. Not with the tuning options we have and a tuning can't be achieved just by looking at, and reproducing the specs, so, it wouldn't get exactly like it. With that said it's a great addiction as well for me and many others.

But yea, it's all just diferent opinions and it based on that that PD adds the cars, you may not have the ones you like now but some other people do. Just think that there'll be more DLC and the cars you like might come.

So the DLC is bad because it doesn't have more super cars or Race cars?

Honestly, its not really worth it. All you're doing is upping the horsepower, maybe doing some weight adjustment and thats it. At least when someone makes there own Lamborghini Superleggera, there's more involved and the finished product is damn close to the real thing.

In Japan, after the R34 Skyline GT-R, the Skyline and GT-R names were split apart. The Skyline name carried on with the new model code V35. The GT-R carried on with the R35 model code.

There's many new tweets today. Mostly retweets. Maybe we can get this back on topic and actually discuss the tweets.

I'm guessing they may be car/track suggestions as with the PS Blogcast, the rep for GT (can't remember his name) Told everyone to tweet to Kaz with the cars and tracks they'd like.

I'm guessing they may be car/track suggestions as with the PS Blogcast, the rep for GT (can't remember his name) Told everyone to tweet to Kaz with the cars and tracks they'd like.

Ok someone go tweet him we absolutely need 10 more Skyline/GT-R, and please no more tracks really. :)

Back