Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
Not sure if it's been posted already.

I hit start accidentally on the Speed Test menu and it put me on the starting grid for the track. The countdown hit and as I accelerated it measured G-Force but as soon as the car crossed the line directly in front of it, the test was over.

Hitting start in the menu for Speed Test needs to not begin any test, but move the cursor to the acceleration test icon like it does for pressing start in license tests and not beginning the actual test.

I haven't seen this problem posted up anywhere else, perhaps I've missed it.

Three times today, while being online in a Special Stage Route X room, the game has locked up when trying to exit back to the lobby. It has happened while I have been host, and also while someone else was hosting.

When you click the exit button, all of the controls freeze up and there's nothing you can do, however you can still see people practicing in the backround, see other people entering or exiting the room, see the chatbox updating and hear other people on their microphones. The only way to get out of the situation is to hold down the PS button and quit the game altogether.

When reloading the game, it seems to have saved all the data up to the very point when you tried to leave the online room, but I'm getting a bit worried what it might possibly do to my game save, and thus backing up very regularly.

My bug sounds a little similar to yours Lewis Hamilton. Let me explain:

The glitch I am going to speak of appeared after 2.02 to let you know. Every so often when I'm online in a free run room (Usually means I'm on Nurburgring (Time Change and Weather) and there are at least 10 people on the track) I'll go to pause and exit to teleport myself back to the pits and exit the track. Except, it doesn't put me back in the pits and the pause menu disappears. I can un-pause and continue to drive, except that my instruments are gone too. This means the speedometer, gear number, tire wear bars and gas bar are gone. When I go to pause again the pause menu is still gone and finding the exit button is a little difficult and it still doesn't work. In fact, none of the pause menu buttons work. I then can only resort to either quitting the game or turning off the PS3.

This has happened to me 6 times. Yes, 6 times, and 5 of them took place on the Dottinger Hohe/Antoniusbuche area. The other one happened on the Tiergarten.

Not sure if it's been posted already.

I hit start accidentally on the Speed Test menu and it put me on the starting grid for the track. The countdown hit and as I accelerated it measured G-Force but as soon as the car crossed the line directly in front of it, the test was over.

Hitting start in the menu for Speed Test needs to not begin any test, but move the cursor to the acceleration test icon like it does for pressing start in license tests and not beginning the actual test.

Its a 0.60 mph test and strange =D i found that out yesterday.

i dont know if this has mentioned before but at 600kph (about 373mph) the sound is gone and i am not joking.
Its like you pressed the mute button on the telly.
Zero sound from the car, the environment everything is out.

sdf
i dont know if this has mentioned before but at 600kph (about 373mph) the sound is gone and i am not joking.

that's because u broke the sound barrier lol j/k.

On to bugs!
But i have to confirm the cars sinking in rear view mirror on Route X, i've been racing there a lot and noticed all of the other players cars wobble on the banked turns, which leads to a few wrecks were you'll hit someone and spin them on their screen, but on yours, you're a couple feet away.

sdf

Haha, I saw about this bug on these forums some time ago but never experienced it until yesterday. It reminded of Fry from Futurama, after he drinks his 100th coffee.

Edit: Managed 424mph / 682km/h so far, but then the acceleration hits a wall.

Last edited:
Sorry for delay, had rough day. I'll make some improvements to bugtracker later today as we have a lot of bugs and it's getting a little chaotic. I'll break bugs into sections and try to link bugs to images or post reporting them as some of you gave very good descriptions of problems. Also I'll add new ones form yesterday and today.

After being kicked (I seriously don't know why) it now says 'You were Rejected'
You mean that text has been changed? I don't have english version so I need some clarification here :)

when you go to the drift mode, u will see max kmh instead of your drifting points
Checked reported bug on twitter with wrong text in drift trial mode - all was fine.
Damn, few seconds too late :D breakbeatfreak I need more details. Is it max speed or points with maxspeed text. In which mode (arcade, seasonal, practice)? In replay or in "race" and also is it every time or only sometimes.
Can anybody else can confirm this? I've tried but mine drift trials are fine.

Will check later:
- XJR9 night texture bug
- Invisible wall at Route X pit entrance
- cars sinking in road in rear view mirror on Route X (confirmed by 2 users but i want photo)

Big e-cookie for all guys helping with tracking bugs and I'm really like the fact that we don't have whining in this thread just informative posts :)

Agree everyone has been very calm about the bugs so far and its cool the community is picking up on stuff. Spliting into sections works. Maybe sections of car/track/misc/online.

Was racing my buddy at Route X last night and when he went for a last second pass his Lambo hit this invisible wall at 300MPH or so. Wouldn't be much left in real life =)

I remember that with 2.02 in an online race, even if you go back to the lobby during free run, your best time does not get messed up, and you would start in the correct position in the grid (using Fastest First). Yesterday I did an online race and quit to the lobby to change the tire compound, and shortly after that the race started. I ended up starting in the end of the pack, instead of the expected 3rd place that I got (comparing times with each other). Anyone had problems with this after 2.03?

I remember that with 2.02 in an online race, even if you go back to the lobby during free run, your best time does not get messed up, and you would start in the correct position in the grid (using Fastest First). Yesterday I did an online race and quit to the lobby to change the tire compound, and shortly after that the race started. I ended up starting in the end of the pack, instead of the expected 3rd place that I got (comparing times with each other). Anyone had problems with this after 2.03?

If you exit to the lounge and then re-enter the track you have to actually complete a timed lap before it will re-categorize you properly. It's always been like this, but now you can see everyone's time on the timing monitor even if they aren't on the track which is new as of 2.02.

Not sure if this one was mentioned yet or not but last night I tried out the new Nissan Leaf on Route X and it had the sound of a V8. Switched it out and went back to it later and it sounded normal.

I have a correction to this bug...

The Leaf seems to have the engine sound of the car I was using right before I changed to it when racing online.

List edited.

I checked Jag night textures and they are fine. menos | M6 van you mnake some photo of it?
As for red light in cocpit I think it shows oil pressure as it dims when you let of throttle.

I was online one time racing, and I saw this on Nurburgring Norschliefe.
397599_340064302672752_100000075540530_1426291_1924542208_n.jpg

I don't know what it is, I saw it during Update 2.02. It was just weird.

Does it move, animate, change colours? That's cool either way. :eek: Where can it be found? I'm not sure which corner that is.

The 2 player HUD still doesn't work...:(
1 player has the instruments, but nothing for 2P.

Not sure if this counts as a bug or is purely intentional. On the new oval track, when you choose the time of day, it is pitch black dark from around 5 to 5.30pm and dusk at around 4pm. I first thought Cool! maybe the game now has seasonal time changes and seeing as we're in January, it would naturally get dark after 4pm. But i went to the ring and tried time changes there, but alas it still only gets dark on there at around 7.30 to 8pm.

Could this shift in the day/night sky just be something they decided on for the new Oval test track only ?

After being kicked (I seriously don't know why) it now says 'You were Rejected'

Even before 2.03 (Not sure when it was introduced though), if you were the room host and you "kick" a player, the option for "kick" was replaced by "reject player". So it only makes sense the kicked player would see that he was rejected.

The change of logic in the energy recovery system from braking for hybrids and electric cars in the 2.0.3. update apparently completely broke the behaviour of the Toyota Prius G (J) '02.

What should happen in that car when you step fully on the accelerator is, that the engine should rev to rpm's near the red line (wherever it has the most power) and keep revving there. It did do that before the update. Now it keeps revving freely and hence bounces off the limiter, cutting the power with it. You have to go way off the accelerator to gain control over it again. You have to balance carefully near the red line to keep accelerating, but sometimes, as if for no reason the mapping of the accelerator suddenly changes and you either bounce off the limiter again, or the revs drop and you have to step on it some more to get to the engine's 'sweet spot' again.

Other Priuses seem not to be affected.

Another change in the 2.0.3. update is, that the PPs for all three Priuses have been increased. That was to be expected with the change in the logic though.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that the over 600km/h sound bug existed before 2.03.

Video was done in May 2011.

Is it me or the "12 new My Home theme colours and 12 new wallpapers for [GT Mode] have been added to the game." 12 new wallpapers is not 12.... maybe it was late for me but I think I only saw 6-7 new wallpapers?

Is it me or the "12 new My Home theme colours and 12 new wallpapers for [GT Mode] have been added to the game." 12 new wallpapers is not 12.... maybe it was late for me but I think I only saw 6-7 new wallpapers?

Just counted them. They are 12 for sure. Yeah, I also see stuff wrong in 3am :crazy:

The starting point for the Spa B-spec changed to the straight before eau rouge instead of the F1 starting straight.
But laps still end that the F1 starting line.

The change of logic in the energy recovery system from braking for hybrids and electric cars in the 2.0.3. update apparently completely broke the behaviour of the Toyota Prius G (J) '02.
Iwonder if it was supposed to be that way. Maybe old Prius act like this in real life?

I'd like to point out that the over 600km/h sound bug existed before 2.03.

Video was done in May 2011.
Thanks for video, I'll add it later to the list.

The starting point for the Spa B-spec changed to the straight before eau rouge instead of the F1 starting straight.
But laps still end that the F1 starting line.
I'll check if it changed for B-Spec only or A-Spec too.

[*]Course maker: Usually -5 or -4 corner sharpness makes it actually as sharp as +5, and
changing corner sharpness changes the whole layout of the track (sometimes)
As an extensive user of this feature why do people think this is a bug?

To me it seems intentional. A sector may have multiple corners and, on occasion (depending on the layout) the Course Maker algorithm will make adjustments that suit a higher number of people.

Through each extreme the system will either soften all corners, sharpen all corners, make one half sharp and the other soft or vice versa. It's actually giving users more variety of corners depending on complexity i.e. more complex courses may not be able to reproduce all corner types in a section.

On occasion the Course Maker will need to re-map the whole track...because that's how the system works.

Really don't think this is a bug.

Back