Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
10 here as well. I spend most of my time in GT5 in single car practice/TT mode- tire wear/temp ON, Full Damage ON and Real Grip. I use mainly Comfort Medium and Soft (and sometimes Hard on older cars) on most cars and Sport Hard on High Performance cars (eg. the newer Ferraris). Racing Hard for race cars.

One thing you will notice in GT5 is that FFB feels differently with different cars and especially with different tire compounds.

While I'm not entirely sure that it's the FFB has changed since there's not way to measure such change but before each update I always try to drive once and remember how the FFB feels before and compare to how it feels after.

The most obvious is the change to 2.0 but in between the smaller updates, there have been minor tweaks in the FFB. Even noticed them while I was using a G25.

I can feel a difference in FF on my G25 if on the same car, same tires, and all I do is adjust the springs and dampers.

The settings menu online is now 60FPS, instead of 30.

How did you figured that out? Online menus work faster? To be honest I don't know what to do wit this one.

It looks like PD used the maximum allowed weight. In other words what is in GT5 is a fully loaded Beetle (fuel, fluids, passengers and luggage). From the technical specs you posted, that's 780 Kg (unloaded weight) + 380 Kg (maximum allowed weight) = 1160 Kg :scared:
Knowing how other similar specification errors never got fixed, it's likely that it will remain like this forever.

Same story is with Volvo estate if I remember. I don't know if it has any sense to list it here wrong specs, as we have many of them :(

In the wrong fuel descriptions item you wrote that some cars have 999L/100km or Xkm/L. I don't think Xkm/L is wrong because it's the most commom way of measuring fuel consuption in some countries (like mine). The numbers might be wrong but the unit is correct.

In some countries yes. But in others it should be translated to XL/100km. I think most european countries do it that way (except UK).

How did you figured that out? Online menus work faster? To be honest I don't know what to do wit this one.

Basically, if you were to go into an online room, the FPS would stay at 30 until you went on the track and left the pits.

In 2.03, i've noticed when you enter the settings, the track preview screen dissapears which increases the FPS. Therefore allowing quicker operation in the settings.

Sure, it's only minor, but if you were wanting to change some things in your car quickly, this will definitely help.

Fair enough. But I don't think it makes it wrong though. Probably an oversight on PDs part. Anyway that's pretty easy to fix.

I thought the world all used miles per gallon!?!?! :boggled:

Oh how sheltered we are from the rest of the world here in the US :scared:

Just kidding (well, not about the sheltered part) :sly:

OT its good to see that they fixed the Online "tab" issue. I wish they fixed a few of the others from 2.0.2 but I will take what I can get and be happy.

SHIRAKAWA Akira
It looks like PD used the maximum allowed weight. In other words what is in GT5 is a fully loaded Beetle (fuel, fluids, passengers and luggage). From the technical specs you posted, that's 780 Kg (unloaded weight) + 380 Kg (maximum allowed payload) = 1160 Kg (permissible total weight) :scared:
Knowing how other similar specification errors never got fixed, it's likely that it will remain like this forever.

"Each car takes six months of man hours to model"

Takes all of 30 seconds to fix database entries like that....if GT5 is built with these types of databases...which would be silly if it is not. Hopefully they do fix it...along with the volvo 240 and Lister Storm.

The annoying chase camera bug, the one that made the camera move to the left or right, still hasn't been fixed. And to confirm, the chage wheels description has been updated.
I'm sorry if I'm being annoying but it's written "raplay" instead of "replay" on the item about photo filters being fixed. Just to let you know 👍

No problem. I often make mistakes and don't have problem with someone pointing them out :)

Abraxas--- That is very interesting about the Corvette. It has been with a Silverado since launch and one of the first things I check after an update. I thought it was broken across the board but knowing this may explain the reason it has not been touched yet.

I forgot who was talking about gear stacking but I am positive cetain gear/paint/horns have all been won by me and still show up as two different items. On top of this chrome paints I did receive stacked with the chrome gifted by a friend. Its totally random and a pain.

Abraxas I checked and the standard wheels can't be changed still appear in gt auto as well as the manual. You cant change suit in 4-2 also remains.

As for the Beetle weight, I still have small hope that it is only a mistake in the stat sheet in dealership. Don't forget that the power output varies very often from what you see in garage.

Thats weird. Which language version? I checked that and polish version has propet suits and wheels descriptions in gt auto and in manual.

Im in the Us and I am not feeling the love from all these minor bugs :)
Whats the easiest way to upload jpg's to here? When I get back in a couple hours I will gladly upload photos of all bugs I described.

Does 2.03 fix the photo mode bug? After the previous upgrade the photo filters would remain while racing and watching replays.

The number of corners is wrong for Kart Space I, both regular and reverse.

The track has 9 corners but the game counts 8.

BWX
I can feel a difference in FF on my G25 if on the same car, same tires, and all I do is adjust the springs and dampers.

Do you think it's a slight physics change or Force Feedback only? My car which I use to race online from 2.02 to 2.03 feels like it likes to understeer more.

The annoying chase camera bug, the one that made the camera move to the left or right, still hasn't been fixed. And to confirm, the chage wheels description has been updated.
I'm sorry if I'm being annoying but it's written "raplay" instead of "replay" on the item about photo filters being fixed. Just to let you know 👍

it has been fixed partially , its still there but its not as obvious , before the car would skip on EVERY FAST TURN now it only does it on super slow sharp turns and it's barley noticeable

There's an invisible wall on SSRX. It's near the pit entrance. It looks as if you could get into the pits from right next of the visible wall, but instead my XJR9 just bounced.

R1600Turbo may comment on this (anyone welcomed to do so), but I think the Eifel Circuit does little different track layouts than before. Maybe also they've added a little to the surrounding stuff? Maybe I'm just imaging things though..

Bugs though:
- Usually -5 or -4 corner sharpness makes it actually as sharp as +5 (old)
- Changing corner sharpness changes the whole layout of the track (sometimes)

Is it just me or do the Cockpit in standards seem to shake more like pre 2.02? Anyone else able to confirm?

Also the annoying Diesel engine idling sound in Kyoto Gion hasn't been fixed :(

And in the english version of GT5 post 2.03 patch it still says in GT Planet that wheels can't be changed on standards in the GT Auto menu.

Also if anyone has an untuned Daihatsu Mira TRXX. There was or is a bug that Stage 3 engine tuning made it lose Horse Power. I have no way of checking if that has been fixed at the moment.

Last edited:
Gooood mooooorning Route X... well sort of, still not in Europe :)

So many new posts and even more confusion. I'll gather all your feedback now.

[QOUTE] "1965 VW Beetle 1200 - weight= 1609lb (732kg). Link: http://carnut.com/specs/gen/vw60.html. For some reason the last 1200 model on this vast list of Beetle specs was in 1965.[/QUOTE]

I believe the reason is that the '65 VW was the last to use the 1200cc engine and that the '66 VW was a 1300cc engine. In addition to weight being wrong, the horsepower is wrong. The 1200 was 40hp. The 1300 was 50hp.

So, in order to approximate "stock" configuration, you will have to use the body mods to lighten the car a lot and engine mods to increase hp a little.

Other old bugs still in the game

Tsukuba still doesn't have any pit Crew

Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 has the description for the Chevrolet Silverado

Most Karts can't be used in the GT Kart Special event

2.02 bug

The Car Restoration Coupon description says it Removes Tuning Parts in the first screen and than in the confirmation screen it says All tuning parts, wheels etc. will be kept.

Abraxas I checked and the standard wheels can't be changed still appear in gt auto as well as the manual. You cant change suit in 4-2 also remains.
So we have 2 versions of same language version?
mercgoat, can you clear your game cache to see if it help?
It's getting really weird :confused:

Add to first post:
You still cannot sell/delete DLC cars.
There is info that DLC can't be sold or removed, so it's a feature. Annoying one, but PD want it that way, so I think we can't call it a bug.

Does 2.03 fix the photo mode bug? After the previous upgrade the photo filters would remain while racing and watching replays.
It looks like it's fixed 👍
The number of corners is wrong for Kart Space I, both regular and reverse.
The track has 9 corners but the game counts 8.
Game often count corners in some weird way, especially in course maker, but this time, comparing to Kart Space II, it's really wrong. You can clearly see that KS1 has 2 more corners than KS2. I'll add that to list.

Do you think it's a slight physics change or Force Feedback only? My car which I use to race online from 2.02 to 2.03 feels like it likes to understeer more.
We all know that physics are slightly upgraded in every patch. As we can't really tell what and how much has changed, I'll leave that alone.

it has been fixed partially , its still there but its not as obvious , before the car would skip on EVERY FAST TURN now it only does it on super slow sharp turns and it's barley noticeable
Let's just say third person camera still needs fixing. I'll add that in few minutes.

There's an invisible wall on SSRX. It's near the pit entrance. It looks as if you could get into the pits from right next of the visible wall, but instead my XJR9 just bounced.
Will test that as soon as I get Route X from european store.

R1600Turbo may comment on this (anyone welcomed to do so), but I think the Eifel Circuit does little different track layouts than before. Maybe also they've added a little to the surrounding stuff? Maybe I'm just imaging things though..

Bugs though:
- Usually -5 or -4 corner sharpness makes it actually as sharp as +5 (old)
- Changing corner sharpness changes the whole layout of the track (sometimes)
I'll add those bugs.

I think they are making small changes in course maker almost with every patch. Maybe R1600Turbo can say something more about it. Also have you ever noticed that big castel at Eifel theme?
Is it just me or do the Cockpit in standards seem to shake more like pre 2.02? Anyone else able to confirm?

Also the annoying Diesel engine idling sound in Kyoto Gion hasn't been fixed :(

And in the english version of GT5 post 2.03 patch it still says in GT Planet that wheels can't be changed on standards in the GT Auto menu.

Also if anyone has an untuned Daihatsu Mira TRXX. There was or is a bug that Stage 3 engine tuning made it lose Horse Power. I have no way of checking if that has been fixed at the moment.
We nedd confirmation of cocpit shake and Mira loosing power, anyone?
Maybe you could clear game cache to see if it helps with wrong description (I know it's long shot, but if it's not the case we have clear bug with english version)

the PP is right. you get it going up because the car can't take the power
That's interesting, and you may be right. Any other opinions on this, anyone?

Other old bugs still in the game
Tsukuba still doesn't have any pit Crew
Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 has the description for the Chevrolet Silverado
Most Karts can't be used in the GT Kart Special event
2.02 bug
The Car Restoration Coupon description says it Removes Tuning Parts in the first screen and than in the confirmation screen it says All tuning parts, wheels etc. will be kept.
At Tsukuba it's intended as pits are too narrow and the didn't fit there pit crew with current animation.
Other points will be added.

Last edited:
Back