Need colour advice for my jaguar XJ13

• Thread starter HighRPM
  • 32 comments
Turkey
İstanbul
Umt07
Hi everyone as the title says i want to change the colour of my Jaguar XJ13 so i just want to hear your advices about which colour i should use, i have all types of colour just say me the name of colour(i have rare paints too) ,by the way i want to say that we couldnt paint or change the rims waiting your answers :)

The only ones I've seen painted are gold chrome and orange(I forget which actual paint name it was) but I'd advise against both of them,personally I like the colour it is.

I found that a light silver looks good, I know it's wrong for a classic Jaguar to be painted like a classic Merc but it looks good in my opinion. :)

i have lots of dissapointments about changing the legendry colour(stock colour) of my jaguar im not going to change it thanks for all coments mates

Gold chrome looks sweet on this car. Also a few of the GT Military paints work too.

I painted mine colorshift... crazy yeah but i did it cause of the nice curved body the colors always come out very good from every point of view. dont know wich it is (ill edit as soon as i know :P ). EDIT:Reflex Spice

Its not a car that menth to be raped with crazy paints but its the perfect body for getting the best out of a colorshift color.

i think it will look nice in the colorshift mezorian ...something from the toyota concept 86 or whats it all called car :) purple green like. EDIT: Maziora Mazeran Green/Yellow :P

rims stock to keep some of its old styling look.

Last edited:
I briefly had it painted the color-shift yellow from the FT-86 Sports concept, and it actually look alright; but I decided that K2RED from the Mazda CX-Crossport looked much better. It's got a nice color-shift look to it, but it isn't really color-shift.

I've done mine in

Belgian Racing Yellow - You can see it before you can hear it.

Another Jag I did in Mazoria Seyfert for that old school BRM feel.

Jags own Botanical Green may be a nice rich colour for it.

Why not just leave it the stock color? Changing the color just ruins the car imo.

Écurie Ecosse raced many a Jaguar in Blue, for Scotland, IIRC.

I haven't tried to paint one of mine but will give it a go to see how it looks in a variety of colours.

spikeyhairdude
It will be stupid if you actually spray it.

Why?

It does look nice in the British Racing Green, but you can make some of the lines and features of the car appear in a new perspective with a dab of paint. It's a great car and you should get as much fun as you can out of it. If that means trying out some paint on it then that's fine (as long as it isn't passionate pink :sly: ).

Why?

It does look nice in the British Racing Green, but you can make some of the lines and features of the car appear in a new perspective with a dab of paint. It's a great car and you should get as much fun as you can out of it. If that means trying out some paint on it then that's fine (as long as it isn't passionate pink :sly: ).

Forgot to add my opinion.
I dont like spray classic cars colours that didnt come on them from factory. For me it would of been stupid if i sprayed it.

Im off to bed now will chat tommorow

Peasantslayer
I found that a light silver looks good, I know it's wrong for a classic Jaguar to be painted like a classic Merc but it looks good in my opinion. :)

Yes mine is a light silver paint it looks nice

I have one that I left in its original form but the one I always use is Imperial green metallic

The stock color is fine on it's own in my opinion, but as others have suggested it looks very nice with the silver chrome paint.

Back