GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
This whole experience was such a dream. Some of the best feelings I've ever had and people I've met. Incredible overall and something to be proud of very much.

Thanks so much to every one that supported me and encouraged me on through all of this. I couldn't do this without it.

I've dedicated myself to this game and it's community for so long and it's finally all giving me a nice, awesome racing stuff, nod back. It's surreal, goosebumps can't stop, won't stop.

hillracing
I'm guessing there were some disqualifications and some problems with meeting the rules or something. My list has someone in 26th and 29th going so I'm guessing there were quite a few who weren't eligible. If you know you aren't qualified why compete. Some people would do anything for this oppertunity. Would love to hear the official story as I have a hunch about one of the contestants.

Wild speculation. They aren't going to pass a bunch of guys and take the 29th place guy. More likely the post above is just wrong.

Wardez
This whole experience was such a dream. Some of the best feelings I've ever had and people I've met. Incredible overall and something to be proud of very much.

Thanks so much to every one that supported me and encouraged me on through all of this. I couldn't do this without it.

I've dedicated myself to this game and it's community for so long and it's finally all giving me a nice, awesome racing stuff, nod back. It's surreal, goosebumps can't stop, won't stop.

Congratz Eddie! You deserve it and you had a lot of guys at GTP pulling for you.

Fantastic job to the 16. Wish we could have had coverage of you guys at the wheel - would have been awesome to see some the fist pumping at the finishing:)
Don't let the drinking age of 18 distract you when you get there....

hillracing
I'm guessing there were some disqualifications and some problems with meeting the rules or something. My list has someone in 26th and 29th going so I'm guessing there were quite a few who weren't eligible. If you know you aren't qualified why compete. Some people would do anything for this oppertunity. Would love to hear the official story as I have a hunch about one of the contestants.

Please wait for the official results to be posted before making wild accusations.

Official results:

578931_409049312463503_2057385835_n.jpg

527974_409049399130161_1794774559_n.jpg

So the twins made it! Thats going to be awesome for the show haha

I cant find twins in the picture though, which ones are they?

Just hold your horses guys. I'll look at the finalists photo and get together the right list you for you all.

No one's ineligible at this moment. If someone drops out it'll be because they themselves couldn't make it due to other life obligations or whatever. No one had anything against the contest rules on them. The only thing that was brought up was that I needed to get glasses 'cause I guess I have some astigmatism. Every one else is golden. Racer X especially. He's number one overall!!! And they love him so much they're even reimbursing him for the flight he scratched together money for to get here and paying for his flight back. Pat's awesome! Cinderalla story and one of the funniest people I've ever known :D

Just hold your horses guys. I'll look at the finalists photo and get together the right list you for you all.

No one's ineligible at this moment. If someone drops out it'll be because they themselves couldn't make it due to other life obligations or whatever. No one had anything against the contest rules on them. The only thing that was brought up was that I needed to get glasses 'cause I guess I have some astigmatism. Every one else is golden. Racer X especially. He's number one overall!!! And they love him so much they're even reimbursing him for the flight he scratched together money for to get here and paying for his flight back. Pat's awesome! Cinderalla story and one of the funniest people I've ever known :D

bravo. that's awesome. GG ponyboy! 👍

He is not on that list though, is he?

Especially to Wardez, as I've had the pleasure of racing him a few times, but good luck to all!

because facebook is authoritative? :lol:

ponyboy isn't even in the list... it's obviously wrong.

It is obviously wrong, but it was posted by GT Academy not just a random person on facebook. I should have given it a closer looks, but I assumed (incorrectly) that is was official. Why they would post a list that is wrong is beyond me.

Here's the list, from top row to bottom row, from left to right:

Top row:
Jeff Lund (redsoxboy80)
Patrick Crider (GTP_Sohnvonstig)
Brian Rice (TX_Driven3)
Eric Rivera (RedlineGTS)
Jett Chandler (Jett Racer)
Kyle (A7XMaverick)
Matthew C. (topgear3793)
Jeff Stuart (Rackattack)
Stephen Diem (S_Diem)
Steven Doherty (BICDRIVER49)
Edward Gomez (Wardez)
Nicholas Barbado (Forcednduckshn)

Bottom row:
Joseph Alves (AltF4_Veloci2NR)
Darwin A. (darweezee)
Austin Cobb (TRC_Scooty)
Rees Gould (Redreevos)

Last edited:
Veloci_2NR and Jett Racer CONGRATULATIONS from all the guys here at SRT!!!
We knew from the beginning that you got what it takes. time to get in shape and behind the wheel at the race track as much as possible!

We'll be watching.....:)

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Just wanted to point some thing out.

For some reason, the entire weekend I was always in my lucky color car. As some of you may know, if a car I'm going to race in a league is paintable, I'm gonna paint it Yellow.

And I had yellow cars for all three rounds! Good luck?

I'll be posting some write ups of my thoughts tomorrow after some good rest.

Got passed in the chicane on last lap. 👎

Thumbs down? Epic pass was epic, talk about clutch.

It was great meeting everyone, lots of cool guys in this group and sucks to see anyone going home. Every race was absolutely brutal and for the most part a lot of fun. Such a bittersweet feeling to be in a tie breaker with my teammate :(, but such is life. Going to try and make him, the rest of my teammates and everyone that supports me proud in Silverstone!

TRC Scooty
Thumbs down? Epic pass was epic, talk about clutch.

It was great meeting everyone, lots of cool guys in this group and sucks to see anyone going home. Every race was absolutely brutal and for the most part a lot of fun. Such a bittersweet feeling to be in a tie breaker with my teammate :(, but such is life. Going to try and make him, the rest of my teammates and everyone that supports me proud in Silverstone!

Hope you do well there scooty. Your one cool dude in person. I already told Darin next year I wanna rep trc also. TRC-Jersey has a nice ring to it.

Back