GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
Jav
Guys I'm away from my computer how's everyone doing with points?

Here, I'll quote Dr's post. Apparently he's already updated it with last race results. đź‘Ť
Code:
----+-------------------+---------------+--------
pos | Name              | PSN           | score
----+-------------------+---------------+--------
1     Kyle Preston       AX7Maverick      38
2     Matthew Cresci     topgear3793      38
3     Patrick Crider     SohnVonStig      36
4     Jett Chandler      ALtF4_Jettracer  33
5     Nicholas Barbato   forcednduckshn   32
6     Jeff Lund          redsoxboy80      30
7     Eric Rivera        RedlineGTS       28
8     Stephen Diem       S_Diem           24
9     Jeff Stuart        RackAttack       24
10    Steven Doherty     BICDRIVER49      23
11    Brian Rice         TX_Driven        21
12    Rees Gould         redreevos        20
13    Joseph Alves       Veloci_2NR       17
14    Edward Gomez       Wardez           17
15    Austin Cobb        TRC_Scooty       16
16-17    Darren Guiao       TRC_Hunk         15
16-17    Darwin Albano      darweezee        15
---------------- round 4 ------------------------
18    Matthew Wright     Kekambas91m      14
19    Brian Marsteller   brianm3          10
20    Iliya Bridan       gtp99             9
---------------- round 3 ------------------------
21    Dan Reude          reude108          8
22    Nick McMillen      GumballCGT        7
23    Landon Harrison    L_Harrison        5
24    Timothy Witter     indydriver        3
---------------- round 2 ------------------------
25    Kyong Oh           RounD             1
26    Joseph Barbato     joeyFast          1
27    Gonzalo Torres     EpicGonzago3      1
28    Brett Bennet       benny1342         0
---------------- round 1 ------------------------
29    Brett Jones        MaverickAceGT     0
30    Keith Horner       JerseyDriverSS    0
31    Ronald Meier Jr.   DragonGT83        0
32    Daryl Fenton       gatordaryl        0
--------------- Qualifying ----------------------
33    Mike Best		 KingBestJr        0

Congrats to Rees, great battle both races! So glad for the great stream and very helpful commentary to keep track of who was in which cars đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

EDK
Wow, 3 WRS guys in the top 16, and Stiggy gets in as RacerX. Awesome job by everyone. đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

Sorry, technically 4 WRS guys, as Eddie ran an online enduro with us. Great job by Wardez, redreevos, RackAttack, and A7XMaverick. :cheers:

Can't wait to see you guys on TV. :)

Well done everyone! Also a special congrats goes out to Wardez and Rees!! :D

You guys really deserve this chance after all the things you've done and had to put up with on GT5 :cheers:.

Way to go "WARDEZ"
Way to show your metal "Rees"
What a way to take the ultimate combo "Maverick"
:cheers: Have fun in bloody ol England

Last edited:
big hand to everyone, good show guys đź‘Ť
thanks for the coverage Jordan and IGN, glad to see my premium $ going to work. ;)

And a huge :D đź‘Ť to those I know personally, pack ye bags and make for the land of mince pie and blood sausage!

Here, I'll quote Dr's post. Apparently he's already updated it with last race results. đź‘Ť

p.s. going by whisky's spread sheet I think hunk has 1 more first and isn't that the first tie break?

I wish GTP League races could get this kind of coverage. Maybe we should do a charity race or something? That would be really great.

Bummer for AJ (Hunk) Really feel for him. But he'll be happy for Scooty so its kinda bitter sweet -TRC still has Scooty to repersent in England tho! A clutch 2nd place in heat 2 sealed the deal. So proud of both my Time team mates! woot woot!
Go TRC Scooty! FTW!

Feel bad for him, everyone that advanced were getting set up for photos and Hunk took off. Don't know where he ran off to. Taking it pretty hard.

Official results:

RackAttack (Jeff S.)

RedReevos (Rees G.)

JoeyFast22 (Joseph B.)

RedlineGTS (Eric R.)

darweezee (Darwin A.)

TRC_Scooty (Austin C.)

Forcednduckshn (Nicholas B.)

Maverick-Ace-GT (Brett J.)

topgear3793 (Matthew C.)

Wardez (Edward G.)

redsoxboy80 (Jeff L.)

S_Diem (Stephen D.)

BICDRIVER49 (Steven D.)

TX_Driven3 (Brian R.)

AltF4_Veloci2NR (Joseph A.)

AltF4_JettRacer (Jett C.)

578931_409049312463503_2057385835_n.jpg

527974_409049399130161_1794774559_n.jpg

Great job to the 16 going to England, but also to the 17 who didn't make it. The pressure is unreal and the media can be a huge distraction.

I remember the feeling last year when everyone kept telling me that I was "locked in"; I didn't believe it until I saw it on the official results. I'm not sure I'll ever have that amazing feeling again; and I'm excited for you 16 that have that buzz right now. Enjoy every moment of this experience; from the anticipation to arriving in England, to the race gear fitting, the frustrations of not knowing what is going to happen next in the competition, the butterflies of knowing that you'll be on tv, the great instructors, driving sick cars on an F1 track, and most importantly to the great friends that you will make and cherish for the rest of your life. :)

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!!

Enjoy a beer or two; or 10 tonight; you earned it!!! :cheers::cheers:

SpecMiata-JSW
Great job to the 16 going to England, but also to the 17 who didn't make it. The pressure is unreal and the media can be a huge distraction.

I remember the feeling last year when everyone kept telling me that I was "locked in"; I didn't believe it until I saw it on the official results. I'm not sure I'll ever have that amazing feeling again; and I'm excited for you 16 that have that buzz right now. Enjoy every moment of this experience; from the anticipation to arriving in England, to the race gear fitting, the frustrations of not knowing what is going to happen next in the competition, the butterflies of knowing that you'll be on tv, the great instructors, driving sick cars on an F1 track, and most importantly to the great friends that you will make and cherish for the rest of your life. :)

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!!

Enjoy a beer or two; or 10 tonight; you earned it!!! :cheers::cheers:

+1. And when it's over come back and tell us all your stories!

This is awsome! We have so many GTPlanets members representing, I feel lucky to hang out with the guys down in SanDiego!! Enjoy it! Once in a life time!:gtpflag:

I cought some of the races (had to work) it was Great!

Are those the official results? They don't quite match up with the points tally on the previous page.

I'm guessing there were some disqualifications and some problems with meeting the rules or something. My list has someone in 26th and 29th going so I'm guessing there were quite a few who weren't eligible. If you know you aren't qualified why compete. Some people would do anything for this oppertunity. Would love to hear the official story as I have a hunch about one of the contestants.

Back