-Nissan GTR
-LFA
-R8
-SLS
-SLR
-MP4-12c
-Murcielago
-V12 Vantage

All in one race so you can decide which car is the fastest? Maybe for pics?
I know i have. I hope theres a race creator where you choose any cars.
To go one step further: Choose cars from your own garage so you really see how tuned cars go
One step further: The higher the PP relative to your car, the more money you earn. If your bored with Aspec, Bspec.. maybe this would work. You can test different courses, diffucilties, photo's etc.
I grant you
C-Spec

This is somehting which should have been in from day 1. Cash rewards could be awarded by an extended version of the performance difference reward mechanic based on difficulty, level of performance difference of your vehicle relative to the competition you have chosen (which already happens) and which driver assists you have enabled/disabled.

That one thing is missing from GT5 - Event Creator
Haven't you ever wanted to have a supercar event where you have
-Ford GT
-ZR1
-Viper ACR
-Nissan GTR
-LFA
-R8
-SLS
-SLR
-MP4-12c
-Murcielago
-V12 Vantage

All in one race so you can decide which car is the fastest?

Yes . and NO.

Yes - event creator, especially online.

"See who's (which car) is fastest?" Pointless, reverse the situation and think about this.

Look at many of the top series in the Online Racing section here, many in series the organisors or competitors have spent alot of time and effort making cars EQUAL. Whether this be GT500 / 300, Le Mans / LMP, DTM etc etc..

We need a series creator (BOTH online and offline) whereby each car can be individually tuned so all cars are as "even" and "equal" as possible.

Like now, when you activate a certain type of car class in your lobby, same with a bespoke / custom list - only the cars on the list are accesible in your garage and when you go to settings, you can only modify your car as per the preset "regulations" for that car.

This will avoid the "cheat car" scenario i.e. 1 or 2 cars being dominant, so everyone (or the majority of people) drive them, leaving many other cars in the class gathering dust in people's garages. It also makes for reallly close racing as instead of having 3-5-7 seconds a lap difference between the fastest and slowest car in each class, the gap is alot less, maybe 1-3 seconds (dependant on track).

This will also avoid the current situaiton whereby on some nights event organisors spend more time explaining the regulations and handicaps for each car than what they do racing.

P.S. Your supercar idea is also dependent on track, tracks vary between power/top speed tracks and handling tracks, smooth / bumpy tracks. You'll find some cars can dominate one kind of track and be useless on the other type. Some cars are good all rounders etc etc.

Then there's also tyres aswell, for instance high powered rwd cars on very low grip tyres can be disadvantaged against the 4wds that have better traction. There's other variables too.

You'll eventually find what is fastest is as much dependent upon the regulations and situaiton of the race, rather than the performance/capabilities of the car itself.

What the game really need is a race event creator/editor, however you want to call it. It's similar to what we have for the online lounge. An editor that will let us create event mainly for offline that will give us full control of every details. We will get to pick exactly what track, cars, and tires the AI will be using. So if we boot up GT6 and want to do certain event for example, Super GT race on the track we pick, then we can do it, and we will also get to pick exactly what the grid would be, and what tires they use, and so on. No more irrelevant cars on the track and all will be on the same tires compound.
If GT6 has that, it would be a lot more fun to play, no more waiting for seasonal events only to find them to be boring, dumb... You name it... Just give us an editor, so we will have infinite amount of races to do!

Last edited:
like this?

Event Creator Choices:

–Choose the Tracks for the series (including order.. duplicates should be allowed)

for each track, choose:
-Time of day/Time Progression including Weather/Weather Changeability/Surface water
-Laps
-Qualifying / Set Grid Manually / Random Grid
-Standing / Rolling start
-Penalty Level

next screen, choose:
–Your car

–Field size
(2-16 cars)

–A.I. cars (choose individually, by PP or HP or Weight high and low limits, by Drivetrain, or by 'class'- Touring Cars, SuperGT, Kei Cars, Sports Cars, Wagons, Supercars, Classics, LMP, Multiclass, etc...
It would be ten times cooler if we could *create and save a Class- for example being able to choose from our garage AND the entire car list of gt5 to create a grouping of what you, personally, would call "Classic Sports Cars". Save this class and it will be in the list until you decide to modify/delete it.)

–A.I. group or individual Tires (sometimes you just don't want that Ford GT to run away from the pack by 2 miles. Seriously. That ish is boring. I'd rather hang out and battle the pack than chase the rabbit. Let me put some Comfort Soft tires on that Ford and let's see how he likes it.)

–A.I. group or individual Difficulty (1-10 like arcade mode)

–Tire wear, Fuel depletion, Grip on wet/off track, Slow Car Boost, Slipstream on/weak, Visible/Mechanical damage off/light/heavy..

–Finally, you decide points awarded for each finishing position/ or use the pre-programmed formula. Creating and saving different Points Systems would be nice.

–Prizes should be selected by a program that factors the total difficulty after all options are set- hopefully not by PP alone, as we've seen the crap results from that method (generated opponents in arcade, anyone?). Tire selection and # of races + race length should play big roles in deciding prizes. How about helmets, suits, car tuning parts, rare paint chips, and car tickets of all levels?

–GO RACE!

:gtpflag:

It doesn't. But is sure as hell would make the experience of playing GT about fifty times as fun and infinitely replayable.

Well... Yeah, there are a lot more than that, I just said it without thinking lol... But race editor will definitely be an awesome feature if they can include it. The game would be so much more fun to play for long term.

like this?

Event Creator Choices:

–Choose the Tracks for the series (including order.. duplicates should be allowed)

for each track, choose:
-Time of day/Time Progression including Weather/Weather Changeability/Surface water
-Laps
-Qualifying / Set Grid Manually / Random Grid
-Standing / Rolling start
-Penalty Level

next screen, choose:
–Your car

–Field size
(2-16 cars)

–A.I. cars (choose individually, by PP or HP or Weight high and low limits, by Drivetrain, or by 'class'- Touring Cars, SuperGT, Kei Cars, Sports Cars, Wagons, Supercars, Classics, LMP, Multiclass, etc...
It would be ten times cooler if we could *create and save a Class- for example being able to choose from our garage AND the entire car list of gt5 to create a grouping of what you, personally, would call "Classic Sports Cars". Save this class and it will be in the list until you decide to modify/delete it.)

–A.I. group or individual Tires (sometimes you just don't want that Ford GT to run away from the pack by 2 miles. Seriously. That ish is boring. I'd rather hang out and battle the pack than chase the rabbit. Let me put some Comfort Soft tires on that Ford and let's see how he likes it.)

–A.I. group or individual Difficulty (1-10 like arcade mode)

–Tire wear, Fuel depletion, Grip on wet/off track, Slow Car Boost, Slipstream on/weak, Visible/Mechanical damage off/light/heavy..

–Finally, you decide points awarded for each finishing position/ or use the pre-programmed formula. Creating and saving different Points Systems would be nice.

–Prizes should be selected by a program that factors the total difficulty after all options are set- hopefully not by PP alone, as we've seen the crap results from that method (generated opponents in arcade, anyone?). Tire selection and # of races + race length should play big roles in deciding prizes. How about helmets, suits, car tuning parts, rare paint chips, and car tickets of all levels?

–GO RACE!

:gtpflag:

Yep, just like that, perhaps we can get kaz to consider it if a bunch of us agree on it... (I am hoping...)

the direction that PD has taken with the online sharing (cars, created tracks, gift items, etc..) it would surely follow that we could share these spectacular Created Events. Here is one example of what I'd like to share with you guys. It could be used online or offline in A-spec..

* Lotus Evora vs Alfa Romeo 8C vs Audi TTS Coupe vs TVR Tuscan Speed Six battle royale!
(4 of each on track, all 'evenly' tuned)

Race 1: Nurburgring GP/F Track, 8 laps
Race 2: SSR5 night race, 10 laps
Race 3: Madrid Reverse, 9 laps
Race 4: Monaco, 6 laps
Race 5: Laguna Seca, 7 laps
Race 6: Rome Reverse, 9 laps
Race 7: Deep Forest Reverse, 10 laps

Comfort Soft Tires for players (different Sports tires for the A.I., to help even the field), Qualifying on, Standing Starts, Full penalties, Full sim options (tire wear, fuel, slipstream weak, full damage on, no aids, etc..), Random weather, A.I. difficulty set to 10.

This is a championship series, so we need prizes after all 7 rounds are completed:

1st place: Level 18 car ticket, $850k, Stage 1 Turbo, Set of Racing Hard tires.
2nd place: $350k, Semi-racing exhaust
3rd place: $150k, Random Helmet

Last place get's a random Kei Car and 20 museum cards. :sly:

How about a race editor where the AI's are based on one of your very own best lap replays? So basically you can choose a car/track/tire combination, go out and run some laps, give it your best shot, then the field is created where the cars at the front of the grid have their driving lines and laptimes modelled after your very own driving? Perhaps with some kind of scaling system to slightly increase the lap times of the AI?

Yep, just like that, perhaps we can get kaz to consider it if a bunch of us agree on it... (I am hoping...)

Yes, and perhaps we can get Obama out of office if a bunch of us agree on it... (I am hoping...)

Back on topic,
This is a great idea just because the sheer longevity it will add to the game. In your own lobby, up to 16 cars on track mixed with friends and A.I. So long as we could still receive prizes and XP.

GT6 should give us a race editor.
Yes it should. I don't even play GT5 anymore because with no Event editor it's a boredom fest.

For now I just LOL at Kaz saying "Off Course". I believe it when I see it.
How about a race editor where the AI's are based on one of your very own best lap replays? So basically you can choose a car/track/tire combination, go out and run some laps, give it your best shot, then the field is created where the cars at the front of the grid have their driving lines and laptimes modelled after your very own driving? Perhaps with some kind of scaling system to slightly increase the lap times of the AI?
This is a decent idea but not for PD, they are capable to waste an incredible amount of time on this.

Just give us a freakin editor where we can choose AI cars and AI upgrade tuning parts.
Even the option to select AI cars from our garage would be cool.

Last edited:
I did post this a while back(about a year ago?) but there is not a chance that this will now be incorporated for GT5 now so; Roll on GT6! (Note; this was written for GT5 so sorry for anything about the menus)

Gran Turismo is a great game as it is, don't get me wrong. But something has been really bugging me. For instance; Im in a Mazda RX7 TC and im against some Super GT cars, Some LM cars, and some rally cars.... :/ All im asking for is the choice of what opponents you have and their livery's.

The way it will work is; Main Menu > Arcade mode > Single Race > Difficulty > Track Selection > Car selection; Now on that we have the Driving options? Well at the top there is a tick-able box that will give you choice to randomize Opponents or Choose. So i have the box ticked, now I press OK. Now it brings you to a screen just like the dealership one, but with EVERY SINGLE car on the game under its Manufacturer. In the left hand side bottom corner there is a car count, in the right there is a click-able link so you can revise the cars you have selected.

So you have all 16 cars (or many as the selected track can hold) And you select OK which is in the Revising car link. And it takes you to the track and your away! Simple. But now I have something that would make it better... In the main menu you have the ability to create tracks... Why not championships?!?! If you do click on the "Create a Championship" Link in the Main Menu you could make a series of tracks, (Up to 12?) The Championship creation menu would look just like the Track selection menu but with the same extra controls on the bottom of the screen, just like the Opponent selection controls, now you have made your list of tracks and saved and named your championship. You can locate your championship under the Arcade mode Tab in the main menu.

Now imagine making a Full on Super GT tournament! Thanks to my function of "Car Selection" you can actually make it a super gt tourney!
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
We definitly need to create own championships. And the thing with cars...well I think Gt6 only needs a more "intelligent" implementation to choose the opponents. therefore, they could be implemented in classes like LMP, Gt3 and so on and the system chooses cars of the same class. very simply and effectiv

We definitly need to create own championships. And the thing with cars...well I think Gt6 only needs a more "intelligent" implementation to choose the opponents. therefore, they could be implemented in classes like LMP, Gt3 and so on and the system chooses cars of the same class. very simply and effectiv

Yeah i kinda hate how in GT5 theres a xjr-9 in the dream car cup when that championship is clearly the slower GT1 Lemans cars. Now high class group C's. U expect me to beat a Xjr-9 on sarthe with a Ford Gt from like 1970....HAHA pd u funny
^date prob wrong, just a guess of when that cars from

Anyway.. id love to finally do a race with like the Viper ACR that isnt against nothing but bugatti's and mclarrens... that annoys me so much. "Oh i feel like racing my viper i just turned the other day.... enters race... 8 bugatti Veyrons, and 7 Mclarren F1's vs me and my viper".... yeah.. -.- Like this is fun..i just bought a car that i cant even have a even race with. -.-

Wouldnt be so bad if there was a hard ai as well that was able to drive a bugatti faster than a Viper on a top speed track. -.- Common, a viper that hits like 200...mabey 210 on SSR7 beats a bugatti... Wasnt that car like rated to hit 260mph or something?

Last edited:
This would allow practically infinite re-playability (especially if we were allowed to change parts and tuning on the AI cars) akin to the amount of customization available on the best of PC sims (rFactor, for example) and would be basically the best thing PD could do to make Arcade more worthwhile if they didn't want to give credits for it. The possibilities would be endless. You could set up a 90s sports car race, with Camaros and Supras and 300ZXs and Corvettes. Or an MR race with Esprits and NSXs and Evoras and MR2s. Or any number of similar things. The only other game I can think of that had it (TOCA 3) was immense fun back in the day because of it, and with GT5's exponentially larger car list it would be even better. It would also be easy to do, because it would just be a matter of making the tools that they already use to create events available to the player.

It is for those reasons that I don't believe that PD will ever do something like it.

This would allow practically infinite re-playability (especially if we were allowed to change parts and tuning on the AI cars) akin to the amount of customization available on the best of PC sims (rFactor, for example) and would be basically the best thing PD could do to make Arcade more worthwhile if they didn't want to give credits for it. The possibilities would be endless. You could set up a 90s sports car race, with Camaros and Supras and 300ZXs and Corvettes. Or an MR race with Esprits and NSXs and Evoras and MR2s. Or any number of similar things. The only other game I can think of that had it (TOCA 3) was immense fun back in the day because of it, and with GT5's exponentially larger car list it would be even better. It would also be easy to do, because it would just be a matter of making the tools that they already use to create events available to the player.

It is for those reasons that I don't believe that PD will ever do something like it.
I agree with everything you just said. Apart from the fact that I never have played TOCA 3. Just No.1. I have always dreamed of a remake of that game... Well, I can dream can't I?

Back