◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,692 comments
tezgm99
We must be due a (SUPER) low PP car so I'd be ok with that :sly:

I agree. Low pp ftw:) I had a fiat UNO and it sucked. But I enjoyed ragging the ****e out of it. Would be fun!

I'm going to move to the other side of the spectrum. We'll be doing some low pp FF driving around a short track

We'll be running the Volvo C30 R-design around London Reverse because this:
Photo0659_zps703e98d7.jpg

I'm going to move to the other side of the spectrum. We'll be doing some low pp FF driving around a short track

We'll be running the Volvo C30 R-design around London Reverse because this:
Photo0659_zps703e98d7.jpg

hopping in d1 now to give it a try

edit: won't let me in so gonna run a one make race and do a few laps.

Last edited:
I can say with certainty that Veloci's pick is promote closer, more dramatic racing. Danger's won't.

What?!

On a track where the only way to pass is to divebom....er "out brake" your opponent?

I look forward to getting punted. My door panels should need replacing when it's over.

I much prefer Autumn Ring to these confining courses that promote "Pace Car" racing.

What?!

On a track where the only way to pass is to divebom....er "out brake" your opponent?

I look forward to getting punted. My door panels should need replacing when it's over.

I much prefer Autumn Ring to these confining courses that promote "Pace Car" racing.

I will admit, of all the city tracks, London is the worst for passing. I would rather had seen the C30 at Eiger, honestly. If Veloci wanted a city course, I would've rather seen Monaco, Rome, or even Madrid.

On the other side, in D4, for both races at Eiger, there was a big gap between first and second and second and third (and I got second in one of those races, and I can say it wasn't enjoyable). I see the same for the first race in D1. I haven't seen the other numbers, yet, but I expect the trend to hold. I don't see that getting better just moving from Eiger to Autumn Ring. I think Danger should've kept Eiger and picked a different car, like the C30 or DC5 (or the EK, even the Spoon if you really wanted to, unless that isn't a premium :( ). If the online dealership were an option this week, the 240 or 280Zs would've been freaking fantastic at Eiger (as would a few of the others). If Danger wanted, a street Lotus would've been better, though I think any of the small sporty FRs would've been fun and closer, too, like the new 86. Something in that ballpark.

p.s. I'll never win, so it is a moot point, but I can promise you: my picks would never be a one-and-done.

Autumn Ring and Eiger are completely different tracks. The elevation change alone makes them basic opposites.

Methinks Vol came back simply to complain.

Autumn Ring Rev is very technical and you need to have your racing line down. D2 is always close racing...very seldom does someone (me) race by themselves (myself) unless they (I) make a mistake :)

London should not even be in the game it's so bad. I'd rather run Beetles at Route X :)

If the division has more than ten drivers, the directors will simply split the qualifying into two sessions (just like we did at Tsukuba Circuit with Motorcycle Chicane).

You aren't talking about yourself are you? :odd:

I agree! The only problem that I see is that London does not have a pit lane like Tsukuba so when you enter the London track you are on the track not in a pit. If we have to split qualifying , the first group of qualifiers will enter the track and the second group will have to wait to enter the track.
There is only one place that the first group can hang out while the second group qualifies , in between turns 3 and 4.
I'm sure we will figure it out Wed. during practice.

For real?! LONDON?! That tiny little track with 16 people?

London is fun, a myriad of corners and some awesome scenery :)

This will be a track where patience is paramount. Forcing things here will cause you and/or your victim(s) to visit a store front, not the S.N.A.I.L. way. Will it be a problem? Only if someone makes it so, we all have choices ... make the right one.

I agree! The only problem that I see is that London does not have a pit lane like Tsukuba so when you enter the London track you are on the track not in a pit. If we have to split qualifying , the first group of qualifiers will enter the track and the second group will have to wait to enter the track.
There is only one place that the first group can hang out while the second group qualifies , in between turns 3 and 4.
I'm sure we will figure it out Wed. during practice.

Isn't there a large area on the left before the right onto the main straight?

I'm looking forward to these races, should be good fun 👍

Autumn Ring and Eiger are completely different tracks. The elevation change alone makes them basic opposites.

Autumn Ring Rev is very technical and you need to have your racing line down.

Yes, they are different, but with the Lotus, I think the results will be the same. Racing will not be close.

D2 is always close racing...very seldom does someone (me) race by themselves (myself) unless they (I) make a mistake :)

London should not even be in the game it's so bad. I'd rather run Beetles at Route X :)

I could be wrong. Maybe D4 and the one race in D1 were exceptions. Like I said, I finished second at one of the Eiger races. Well, I say races. It wasn't really racing. I was by myself until the last lap, when I forget who it was got disconnected.

And, also look at it like this... if we change the car and keep the track, that means everyone will have another week's practice on that track, meaning the racing should be even closer.

Still, my point is, racing will be closer at London that it will at Autumn Ring.

And yes, I'm not a fan of London, but Kaz is a dick. Whachagonnado?

What?!

I agree 100% 👍

Im looking for some good racing, may i join?

Hey Theace37,

You've found some good racing :) and you may join S.N.A.I.L. 👍

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

kcheeb
Hey Theace37,

You've found some good racing :) and you may join S.N.A.I.L. 👍

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

The time trial link just takes me to this post on this page, what exactly is it?

The time trial link just takes me to this post on this page, what exactly is it?

Are you using a web browser, or one of the GT Planet apps? I've found the apps won't follow links correctly. The link works for me in Firefox.

Theace37

If you look for the link when the page come up again it should then work. I think the apps reload the page as a web page when you hit a link and you then have to hit the link a second time.

Vol Jbolaz
Are you using a web browser, or one of the GT Planet apps? I've found the apps won't follow links correctly. The link works for me in Firefox.

Ok im on mobile, so ill check it feom my laptop

Back