◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,764 comments
WOW!Full practice room!

What a great turn out!

We had to open a second practice room.

Thanks dabneyd for opening the second room.

Thanks to all the SNAILS that came tonight , new and old.;)👍

S.N.A.I.L. Division Placement Time Trial

• Track : Mazda Laguna Seca
  • Car : Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - from the recommended list, not your own broken in car!
  • Tires : Sport Soft
  • Grip : Real
  • Driving Aids : Only ABS allowed

How to run a GT5 Time Trial
  1. Select 'Arcade Mode' from the GT5 main menu.
  2. Select 'Time Trial'.
  3. Click on the 'World Circuits' tab.
  4. Select 'Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca'.
  5. Select 'RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 (it's the 33rd car from the left).
  6. Choose any color.
  7. Choose your transmission preference (Automatic or Manual).
  8. Change the front and rear tires to Sports Soft.
  9. Turn the Driving Line Off.
  10. Set the Traction Control to Off.
  11. Turn Skid Recovery Force to Off.
  12. Change the Grip Reduction to Real.
  13. Click 'OK'.
  14. Click 'Start' and run about 10-15 laps.
  15. Private Message (PM) kcheeb with your best lap time.

Last edited:
The OCD (online car dealership, just below the seasonals tab) has been updated.

Citroens
1954 2CV Type A
C3 1.6 '02
Xsara VTRS '03
Xantia 3.0i V6 Exclusive '00
C5 V6 Exclusive '03
Xsara Rally Car '99

Fiats
500 R '72
500 L '69
500 F '65
Panda Super I.e. '90
Barchetta Giovane Due '00
Punto HGT Abarth '00
Coupe Turbo Plus '00

And
SVT F-150 Lightning '03
CLK Touring Car '00

Not exactly the average or better performance level cars. I almost expected to see my old '79 Chevette with those cars.

Good racing with you guys last night. I can see this really helping me alot on my quest to make it back to the finals next year. Chasing RIP is gonna make me much faster i believe. 2.19's at GVR was super fast and i though i was doing good at 2.21s for not really knowing the track. Also the ferrari is super fun because its kinda challenging to drive at its limit without going over that limit. The lambo, well the lambo is pretty much glued in my opinion. I didn't get a chance to run with you guys there because my girlfriend fell asleep and i didn't wanna wake her, but i can see that being very close racing there come sunday night. I look forward to racing with you guys again.

Putting in my car colors, I would like to use a Burgundy Metallic car and Olympic Gold wheels. Also a question, are we allowed to change the wheels? Obviously most cars can't have their stock wheels painted.

Putting in my car colors, I would like to use a Burgundy Metallic car and Olympic Gold wheels. Also a question, are we allowed to change the wheels? Obviously most cars can't have their stock wheels painted.

Yes wheels can be changed, you should see some of the combinations :)

Yes wheels can be changed, you should see some of the combinations :)

I did, people are using some pretty flashy stuff. :lol:

Just tried to pick something classy that didn't conflict with anyone else's combo.

EDIT: Actually scratch that, I want to use Midnight Pearl (black/blue) for the car color.

Last edited:
I stumbled into one of your races by chance and it was the best race I have had in a long time. So good that I jumped on gtp before I found my next room :dopey: I would love to join and compete with you guys.

Psn:Da_Panda_Bear

Edit^2: My phone won't let me view things. I'll look over everything tomorow.

Hey DJones,

Glad you stumbled on us 👍 And thanks for taking the time to look us up.

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

You'll be added to the drivers list and we need you to run this Time Trial Combination so we can determine which Division you'd be best to start in. We do as much as we can to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from the SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3 or 4 account that corresponds to the Division you will be placed in.Their lounges are where we race Sunday night.

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

This is long overdue, but you work with what you're given…

There were several complaints this week and no division was unaffected. It took us some time to get them all sorted, but the results of our thankless ;) work are as follows.

Division 1:

Nic-KL
  • Level 1: 2 points
  • Level 1: 3 points
  • Level 2: 5 points
  • Level 3: 10 points
  • Level 3: 12 points
  • Total: 35 points and 6 week probationary period

tcrash
  • Level 5: 17 points and 5 week probationary period

Division 2

dgaf95integra/dgafaboutany1420
  • Level 1: 2 points and 1 week probationary period

ExoSphere64

greestlightnin
  • Level 3: 6 points (halved for on-track concession)
  • Total: 8 points and 4 week probationary period

rallywgn81

rofajole
  • Level 2: 8 points
  • Ghosting Violation: 1 point
  • Total: 11 points and 3 week probationary period

Division 3

MillerHD
  • Level 2: 6 points
  • Level 3: 9 points
  • Level 4: 14 points
  • Total: 29 points and 6 week probationary period

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Please note that some of these penalties did result in changes in final positions for the evening, which are noted in the official results here.

Thanks.

Last edited:
There were several complaints this week and no division was unaffected.

Wow, we've never had this many penalties before! :crazy:

It took us some time to get them all sorted, but the results of our thankless ;) work are as follows.

your work is definitely not thankless! I can't thank you stewards enough for what you guys do!! :bowdown:

Please note that some of these penalties did result in changes in final positions for the evening, which are noted in the official results here.

I'll update the results post asap as well.

Last edited:
This is long overdue, but you work with what you're given…

There were several complaints this week and no division was unaffected. It took us some time to get them all sorted, but the results of our thankless ;) work are as follows.

Division 1:

Nic-KL
  • Level 2: 5 points
  • Level 3: 10 points
  • Level 3: 12 points
  • Total: 35 points and 6 week probationary period

tcrash
  • Level 5: 17 points and 5 week probationary period

Division 2

dgaf95integra/dgafaboutany1420

ExoSphere64

greestlightnin
  • Level 3: 6 points (halved for on-track concession)
  • Total: 8 points and 4 week probationary period

rallywgn81

rofajole
  • Level 2: 8 points
  • Ghosting Violation: 1 point
  • Total: 11 points and 3 week probationary period

Division 3

MillerHD
  • Level 2: 6 points
  • Level 3: 9 points
  • Level 4: 14 points
  • Total: 29 points and 6 week probationary period

Thanks.

wow sounds like u guys had a bad weekend this makes me wonder if it was bad that I couldnt join the room due to connection problems with the host

wow sounds like u guys had a bad weekend this makes me wonder if it was bad that I couldnt join the room due to connection problems with the host

Yeah, we probably had more complaints than all previous weeks combined. I think some of that had to do with the large grid sizes. That will be addressed shortly, but in the meantime..

Our stewards are looking to add a couple of members. If you would like to throw your name in the hat for consideration, please PM me.

It probably wasn't as bad as it looks.

Division 1 was mostly a fairly isolated incident with a few smaller ones thrown in.

Division 2 was a bunch of small things that largely just affected one or two drivers.

Division 3 was also an isolated incident and was over in the course of about 30 seconds.

To you new guys, hopefully those results don't make the league look like a place of car-ramming and such. It's really not. We're just making sure that none of that pops up, so every incident gets nipped in the proverbial bud.

I have a Question. I'm starting july 22nd, am i still eligible for relegation this month even tho i will only be racing 2 outta 5 events?

<SoapBox status="On">

This may not look great, but I think the fact incidents are now being reported, tells me that the stigma around reporting and being reported is fading away.

In my mind, it's the duty of someone to report an incident, small or large. And being reported is not a federal offense nor a slam against your character or driving ability. It's an opportunity to review your actions, learn and apply what you learned in the next race.

</SoapBox status="Off">

To the Steward Crew, thank you for everything you do, it's invaluable!

I have a Question. I'm starting july 22nd, am i still eligible for relegation this month even tho i will only be racing 2 outta 5 events?

Good question Jonesy, we've talked about cases like this and while having hard and fast numbers and rules to work from is nice, it's not practical nor realistic.

The numbers you earn over the next two weeks will 'help' determine Division Placement for next go around. But they will by no means be the be-all and end-all for Division Placement.

Everyone, we've experienced a boom in growth and our nicely laid plans of three weeks ago are in a state of flux, to be nice about it :)

We'll be rolling out some changes, tweaks really, in the next day or two that will fix the bursting at the seams and still provide everyone with the level of competition they've come to expect from S.N.A.I.L.

Good question Jonesy, we've talked about cases like this and while having hard and fast numbers and rules to work from is nice, it's not practical nor realistic.

The numbers you earn over the next two weeks will 'help' determine Division Placement for next go around. But they will by no means be the be-all and end-all for Division Placement.

Everyone, we've experienced a boom in growth and our nicely laid plans of three weeks ago are in a state of flux, to be nice about it :)

We'll be rolling out some changes, tweaks really, in the next day or two that will fix the bursting at the seams and still provide everyone with the level of competition they've come to expect from S.N.A.I.L.

Thanks.👍

Thank you Apmaddock and stewards for all the time you guys obviously put in. I considered myself a clean driver but this league has definitely increased my awareness of racecraft and has me constantly going back to the review the OLR. I now have a difficult time racing anywhere else. Regardless of the incidents this past week (probably always be a few), this is an exceptionally clean league. Good work stewards and thank you for your efforts.

Well said, cheeb.

Jonsey, there's another post that may help answer your question as well. It's always easy for me to find that post because it's at the bottom of the same page where are new format is explained. If fact, I should probably merge those two posts together.. 💡

And of course, a link to the new format is linked to the results post (which by the way has been updated with the penalties and been marked as official).

Gonna give the time trial a try tonight. Is there a time spent target/suggestion, so that times are at all comparable?

Thanks for doing the TT, dsgerbc. Click here for the suggested time to spend on it. 👍

To all SNAILs, including league veterans. Please find the time to submit a TT time as soon as possible. The more data we have, the more useful that data becomes!

Gonna give the time trial a try tonight. Is there a time spent target/suggestion, so that times are at all comparable?

I can't speak for everyone but I suspect that not a huge effort was put in.

You do want to run some good clean laps, but shaving 100'ths is not the point of this exercise and again, there's no hard and fast number that says run this you're in D1, run that you're in D2, run the other you're in D4.

EDIT: this ninja thing is getting old :lol:

Thanks for doing the TT, dsgerbc. Click here for the suggested time to spend on it. 👍

To all SNAILs, including league veterans. Please find the time to submit a TT time as soon as possible. The more data we have, the more useful that data becomes!

Summer hours are upon us (4 day work week holla!) so I will make a point of doing some TT laps tomorrow, as well as putting in substantial practice time for Sunday.

I can't speak for everyone but I suspect that not a huge effort was put in.

You do want to run some good clean laps, but shaving 100'ths is not the point of this exercise and again, there's no hard and fast number that says run this you're in D1, run that you're in D2, run the other you're in D4.

^ Exactly. As I've said before, this is not a competition! It will never be posted and it will only be used as a reference to help us assign new members to the division that will provide them with the closest competition possible. Therefore it's critical that members not exaggerate or sandbag their times. Doing so could prevent themselves and others from experiencing the closest racing possible.

Back