Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
I'm not sure where to ask this question for the game developers, but here goes;

Why when I purchase and modify the 1998 version of the Lotus Esprit, and then purchase a 10,000 credit titanium exhaust system, why do the modified exhaust pipes sticking out of the back of the car still look like drinking straws????

Further to this question why does the car now sound like a hotted-up four cylinder car and not a V-8? Same thing with the Shelby in regards to the sound. Half of the allure of running a V-8 is the sound that it makes. The Ford GT models sound great!

If this post is misplaced, please re-locate it.
Thank you, Peter Marshall

Quick stop at Schulze Motorsports today.

530907_10200159903973140_209721913_n.jpg

Call me nuts, but I want Dacia in the next GT. Don't say boo. They can be fun! :D

dacia-logan-cup-11.jpg

19-Jan-08-rCentral-0787_Unbenannt-4.jpg

I'm not sure where to ask this question for the game developers, but here goes;

Why when I purchase and modify the 1998 version of the Lotus Esprit, and then purchase a 10,000 credit titanium exhaust system, why do the modified exhaust pipes sticking out of the back of the car still look like drinking straws????

Further to this question why does the car now sound like a hotted-up four cylinder car and not a V-8? Same thing with the Shelby in regards to the sound. Half of the allure of running a V-8 is the sound that it makes. The Ford GT models sound great!

If this post is misplaced, please re-locate it.
Thank you, Peter Marshall

The game developers might browse this forum, but they won't answer any questions here. You're just asking a bunch of us random people that can't help you unfortunately. Sorry.

Any any sound related posts should go in the Sound thread.

Facebook post:
Kazunori Yamauchi's status:
ケルン、TMG。
これから始まる、長い長いプロジェクトのキックオフ・ミーティング。

Kazunori Yamauchi's status: Cologne, TMG. Begin now, kick-off meeting of the project long long.

Hopefully Kaz was at TMG to gather reference material, including real sound, of the brilliant Toyota TS030-HYBRID. We will need the Audi R18 e-tron quattro to compete against though. No more '06 Audi R10 TDI v '10 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP nonsense!

TMG long project Kaz might be talking about might be related to Wind Tunnels and CFD. We know F1 teams like their wind tunnel, especially Ferrari. We have seen also a visual wind tunnel in GT too.

Instead of this Kaz needs to attend the hacking/hybriding problem on GT5 online.GT5 online is now officially broken

He is not a one man team. It is probably a slightly complex problem to fix but good that is being shown now, so hopefully GT6 will not have similar issues and also that it might be patched out of GT5 soon.

Adventures of Kaz continues.

He posted this, hard to make out. Sounds like he wants to build a real X1.

急に春めいてきたザルツブルグ。 マテシッツさんに出来上がったばかりのX2010のミニチュアカー、シリアル番号0001をプレゼント。 レッドブル・ハンガー7には、RB6と並んでX2010の1/1モデルが展示されていました。 これはライトユニットやインテリアまで再現した2世代目。 次のモデルもアイディアを練っているところですが、今度は本物を作りたい。 「もうやることないし、作るしかないだろ」というのがマテシッツさんの意見。 はい、作りましょう。 —

Google Translation:

Salzburg I've suddenly become spring-like. X2010 car miniature gift I just finished Mr. Mateschitz, serial number 0001. Red Bull Hangar 7, 1/1 model X2010 has been exhibited alongside the RB6. This second generation was to reproduce and interior light unit. I just have the following model conceived ideas as well, this time I want to make the real thing. "I can not do it anymore, probably not only make" The that says Mateschitz says. Yes, I will make. -

Red Bull hanger anyone?

882514_10200206405175641_1863567655_o.jpg

887199_10200206405375646_1474957325_o.jpg

Last edited:
I translated the above transcription in Bing and by comparing it with Google's translation it seems that is a second model of the X2010, with working lights and an interior. It also sounds like Kaz has asked Mateschitz about making a real car, to which the reply is yes.

And if he wants something, he generally gets it.

It doesn't even have to be all crazy like the game car, just one that runs/drives with maybe an LMP2 engine or something would be fantastic.

It doesn't even have to be all crazy like the game car, just one that runs/drives with maybe an LMP2 engine or something would be fantastic.

The 5G does away with the frankly dangerous fan, and the engine is basically a 2014 F1 engine with lots more boost...

Seems plausible to me.

Back