Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
"The first step in [car] setup begins from measuring tire performance with a test bench.
Medium Slicks (Nurburgring-spec) for the GT-R GT3 have arrived from Europe.
Leaving them in the office [makes them look] enormous."

I am really trying not to look to much into this, but....:crazy:

I honestly don't understand how you can jump to that idea when he clearly says exactly what they're for. His GT3 Nurburgring car and this is the first test in setting up the car. Seriously, sending one set of racing slicks to Japan doesn't suddenly mean they're for anything to do with a GT6 tyre model.

I know he says for the GT-R GT3 but why would KY have the tires for that? In the past he joined a team not ran his own. I wouldn't think he has anything to do with tires for those cars.

But tires sitting in PD offices for testing, sounds like working on the tire model to me.

I know he says for the GT-R GT3 but why would KY have the tires for that? In the past he joined a team not ran his own. I wouldn't think he has anything to do with tires for those cars.

But tires sitting in PD offices for testing, sounds like working on the tire model to me.

Yes, this this. 👍

Am I the only one noticing a pattern?(Maybe not):

Turn10 > Viper > Pirelli

Polyphony > Corvette > Michelin

I didn't notice that at all, but since you have my thoughts for a tire model has gone more believable. Thanks a lot. :D Btw, I love that tire company. 👍

EDIT: I meant Michelin btw, they're cool in my book. ;)

Last edited:
It doesn´t make sense to have a set of tires shipped to Japan if they are to be used on the this years Nürburgring 24h GT-R race car, since the car is produced at Schulze Motorsports in Germany (Kaz recently visited them). All the testing would be done by-and at Schulze Motorsports.

So either they do not Team-up this year and Kaz/PD will run a team on their own (wich would be a waste of money and time they should use for development of the next Game instead, IMO) with a GT-R GT3 build up in Japan.

Or the tires aren´t "for" the GT-R but "from" the GT-R and the purpose to have them set up in the office has to do with game development rather than real world racing.

Yet, if the latter was the more likely possibility, then... isn´t it a bit late?

I find it good to see Kaz posting some info, but we would really wish for just a little more transparancy from their side.

Late for a GT6 this year, possibly, but it's probably not the last game they'll make. If they're going to be taking direct measurements themselves, that's a long and difficult project, so the full results might not be evident for some time. I doubt this is the first time they've looked at tyres though.

Still, it might just be to inspire the staff with the smell of rubber in the office, to go with the cans of GT85 "air freshener", tins of grease and jars of petrol they no doubt already have dotted around. Someone might even occasionally take a lighter to the tyres for extra motivation...

I like the guessing; you can't stamp out ambiguity completely anyway. It's a great way for people to be constantly aware of what they don't know, and therefore mustn't assume. We'll know eventually.

Sure, I bet you a curly wurly.

Alrighty than, I'll bet you a homemade vanilla cheesecake bar. :)

EDIT: If the picture has something to do with the development of GT6. Forget to add that. :lol:

EDIT 2:

I'm dying to see what Kaz posted on facebook, come on please show it to us. :(

Last edited:
Something about his racing no doubt.

That's what it looked like to me.

Is there a Nurburgring race this weekend?

904773_10200396242681460_1221014851_o.jpg

901890_10200396246801563_99050396_o.jpg

Sure, I bet you a curly wurly.

I wonder how many people have no clue what your talking about

From subbing to his posts via text, I was oh able to copy a smal bit to translate it in Google. 100 times the fun I have overcome the fear Nurburgring. When this fear I have become much less is the most dangerous. Please do your best this year. I support you!

I'll list screenshots of the conversation.

Hes racing, no wonder we dont get any DLCs cuz he has no time for doing it

Kaz is not PD, PD is not Kaz.

There's easily 150-200 other employees back at the PD offices working on stuff they should be working on. If anything, you should be THANKING Kaz for racing a few times a year. It could do nothing but make the game better in the long run.

:rolleyes:

kaz is not pd, pd is not kaz.

There's easily 150-200 other employees back at the pd offices working on stuff they should be working on. If anything, you should be thanking kaz for racing a few times a year. It could do nothing but make the game better in the long run.

:rolleyes:

+1

Back