Xbox One, FM5 Announced! (UPDATE, See first post!)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 521 comments
We're still waiting on hearing if previously supported (XID protocol) Fanatec wheels will be supported, nevermind previously unsupported (HID protocol) wheels.

You never know, it would be stupid of them not to make the g27 compatible but then again. They decide.:dopey:

HBK
Oh and an alternative does exist, PC gaming may well be the route I end up taking.
I actually very seriously wonder if this might not be the future for a lot of people.
I'm actually leaning the same way. I haven't been a PC gamer since the early '00s, but in the past year of two I've caught on to a few indie projects and open betas that I'm really looking forward to. I may have few extra rights over that software compared to XBone games, but at least I can play them whenever and wherever I want and they'll continue to work forever. :rolleyes:

Also Scaff -- well said on the XBone and I agree on all points.

You never know, it would be stupid of them not to make the g27 compatible but then again. They decide.:dopey:

The G27 is an HID protocol wheel. An HID protocol controller is not compatible with XID components. As far as we know, the XBox One communicates with its control inputs via XID protocol. Therefore, at this point, the G27 - and any other HID device - is most likely not even on the list of potential possibilities.

The Fanatec wheels are XID compatible, however, since they are utilizing a different wireless protocol (Radio vs Wifi Direct), we don't even know if those will be made to function with the XBox One. If they allowed the Fanatec wheels to connect through USB, it would be possible for the console and the wheel to communicate through XID protocol.

As of this moment, if even the more likely of the two options is in the air (i.e., the one that is actually possible without them totally switching input protocols), I would assume it's safe to say that the likelihood of the G27 being compatible was never on the table to begin with.

As you said, they decide, and, if you've been paying any attention to XBox One related announcements by Microsoft, you wouldn't put any supposed 'stupid' ideas past them. Although, again, I don't know where you'd get the idea that the G27 was ever even a potential possibility.

The G27 is an HID protocol wheel. An HID protocol controller is not compatible with XID components. As far as we know, the XBox One communicates with its control inputs via XID protocol. Therefore, at this point, the G27 - and any other HID device - is most likely not even on the list of potential possibilities.

The Fanatec wheels are XID compatible, however, since they are utilizing a different wireless protocol (Radio vs Wifi Direct), we don't even know if those will be made to function with the XBox One. If they allowed the Fanatec wheels to connect through USB, it would be possible for the console and the wheel to communicate through XID protocol.

As of this moment, if even the more likely of the two options is in the air (i.e., the one that is actually possible without them totally switching input protocols), I would assume it's safe to say that the likelihood of the G27 being compatible was never on the table to begin with.

As you said, they decide, and, if you've been paying any attention to XBox One related announcements by Microsoft, you wouldn't put any supposed 'stupid' ideas past them. Although, again, I don't know where you'd get the idea that the G27 was ever even a potential possibility.

I was just hoping, since I like the forza series. This is probably more business than software and hardware problems Microsoft sleeps with fanatec and Sony with logitech. But thanks for the explanation. I'll buy a ps4 cheaper than a Xbox one and fanatec wheel clubsport pedals lol.

Microsoft sleeps with fanatec and Sony with logitech. But thanks for the explanation.

Strictly speaking it's Sony and Thrustmaster now. The GT5P wheel was the DFGT, but the GT5 wheel was the T500RS. I'd expect any wheels released to coincide with GT6 or PS4 to be Thrustmaster products.

Strictly speaking it's Sony and Thrustmaster now. The GT5P wheel was the DFGT, but the GT5 wheel was the T500RS. I'd expect any wheels released to coincide with GT6 or PS4 to be Thrustmaster products.

I forgot Imari, it's true when I watch footage of gt academy they're all using thrusmasters. 💡

I was just hoping, since I like the forza series. This is probably more business than software and hardware problems Microsoft sleeps with fanatec and Sony with logitech. But thanks for the explanation. I'll buy a ps4 cheaper than a Xbox one and fanatec wheel clubsport pedals lol.

I would say, for Microsoft, business is definitely a factor, in the sense that manufacturers have to get a license to sell a compatible XID product. However, I wouldn't necessarily say that Microsoft or Sony are in bed with any one particular manufacturer.

For Microsoft, it's simply whoever is willing to fork over for the license. Fanatec and Thrustmaster have done so in the past and so has MadCatz (who will be doing so for the XBox One, as well). I'm sure there are others, but most of them aside from the Fanatec options are cheap.

For Sony, since they do not use a proprietary protocol, if I'm not mistaken, no licensing fees are required and any HID compatible device can be manufactured to work. They only need to pay a licensing fee to be an official wheel associated with a franchise (and to be officially supported). Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, etc. all make wheels that will work on PS consoles (possibly ECCI & Frex as well).

I would say, for Microsoft, business is definitely a factor, in the sense that manufacturers have to get a license to sell a compatible XID product. However, I wouldn't necessarily say that Microsoft or Sony are in bed with any one particular manufacturer.

For Microsoft, it's simply whoever is willing to fork over for the license. Fanatec and Thrustmaster have done so in the past and so has MadCatz (who will be doing so for the XBox One, as well). I'm sure there are others, but most of them aside from the Fanatec options are cheap.

For Sony, since they do not use a proprietary protocol, if I'm not mistaken, no licensing fees are required and any HID compatible device can be manufactured to work. They only need to pay a licensing fee to be an official wheel associated with a franchise (and to be officially supported). Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, etc. all make wheels that will work on PS consoles (possibly ECCI & Frex as well).

Thanks again whereSTheFUhd :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

It looks good, nothing more.

Why don't they just stop that "all in-game footage" nonsense and provide some "all gameplay footage" instead? Yes, they've made a game that looks shiny in cinematics, but I'm more interested in how it looks when I'm playing it. I certainly don't want to play the game from glove view mode, regardless of how many stitches they've made.

End of rant.

What are you ranting about, exactly?

Because they're going to show gameplay footage with E3 around the corner.

Why don't they just stop that "all in-game footage" nonsense and provide some "all gameplay footage" instead? Yes, they've made a game that looks shiny in cinematics, but I'm more interested in how it looks when I'm playing it. I certainly don't want to play the game from glove view mode, regardless of how many stitches they've made.

End of rant.

They do it for the same reason that Gran Turismo and every other game does it. Graphics sell.

I'm sorry, was it a rhetorical question?

Damn I should be excited for Forza 5 right now.
The politics have soiled the whole experience for me.

I guess this track is their new Bernes Alps? E3 this week, I'm really excited to see whats gonna go down, plus I'm heading to San Diego, I'm really tempted to take a drive up to LA to see if I can check out E3 live for the first time!

I guess this track is their new Bernes Alps? E3 this week, I'm really excited to see whats gonna go down, plus I'm heading to San Diego, I'm really tempted to take a drive up to LA to see if I can check out E3 live for the first time!

I was going to say good luck with the traffic, but you living in New York, should have no problem with it lol.

I can fly anywhere in the U.S for free. I don't know why I haven't gone these past years.

My cousin works at gamestop. He said, "we get free tickets for E3, but flight and hotel are not free" . And also, "not just anybody can enter E3, you have to work in the game industry to be invited". I'm pissed he gets to go and I can't.

I was going to say good luck with the traffic, but you living in New York, should have no problem with it lol.

LOL, yea I am definitely used to traffic, if I did go, I would head out super early morning to try and avoid some traffic if possible.

I can fly anywhere in the U.S for free. I don't know why I haven't gone these past years.

Oh dude, if I had that luxury I wouldn't have waited this long to finally go.

LOL, yea I am definitely used to traffic, if I did go, I would head out super early morning to try and avoid some traffic if possible.

I get discounted hotels and rental cars also. I just don't get the time to use it properly.

No games are close or fully like Forza or GT.

if you all boycott consoles and move over then the incentive to make a $60-100million game on pc would be there.

Project Cars may be closest but with only a fraction of the cars.

For the most part though, pc is much better, why buy a locked down Xbox pc when you can build or buy a pc and be much more flexible. Sadly time is short, people just want a box or system which you plug the ethernet cable in and it sorts itself out and you just pick and choose the game.

Don't forget Assetto Corsa. It should be released before GT6 or Forza5 and way before pcars. The physics from the tech demo already feel great. It sounds like a lot of the rFactor modders are switching to AC instead of rFactor2.

Traffic can start as early as 6 am sometimes lol. Not as bad as later in the day, but sometimes you get your random sprouts of traffic.

6-10AM can be bad, 11-1(maybe 2) is ok, and then 3-7pm can be pretty horrific sometimes.

Unprecedented visual realism.The definitive next-generation graphics engine delivers stunningly realistic visuals in 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.

• Leading simulation.Racing’s leading simulation engine, developed for Xbox One in conjunction with Calspan and the world’s top automotive manufacturers, makes driving easy to learn and rewarding to master.

• Dynamic damage.High-resolution damage modeling shows every bump and scrape. Roads accumulate tire rubber and debris. Racing has consequences; damage can stop you in your tracks.

• Astonishing detail.A new graphics engine created exclusively for Xbox One delivers physically based material rendering that re-creates the real-life characteristics of thousands of unique materials. Surfaces such as metal, glass, leather, rubber and concrete look real enough to touch.

• Living busy worlds.Racing comes alive with fans crowding the walls, helicopters circling overhead and the vibrant hum and spectacle of race day.

Forzavista.Truly feel what it’s like to own the world’s most exclusive cars in an experience that brings you closer than ever to the history, craftsmanship and potential of every car in the game.

• Hundreds of next-generation cars.The most diverse lineup of vehicles ever seen in a "Forza Motorsport" game: from classic sports cars to modern tuners, purpose-built racers to extreme exotics and, for the first time in "Forza Motorsport," open-wheel race cars.

• Unique careers.Take your favorite cars through unique careers highlighting their greatest strengths, their most notorious rivals and their place in motorsport history.

• Laser-scanned tracks.Drive the world’s most legendary race circuits and exotic road courses, captured with millimeter accuracy.

• "Top Gear" exclusives.The world’s biggest automotive TV show teams up with the most innovative racing game yet. Take on Stig’s Digital Cousin in unique car challenges, turn a Power Lap on the Top Gear Test Track, and hear show hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May share their distinctive automotive insights throughout the game.

Source: ForzaCentral

...for the first time in "Forza Motorsport," open-wheel race cars.

Unique careers.Take your favorite cars through unique careers highlighting their greatest strengths, their most notorious rivals and their place in motorsport history.

Laser-scanned tracks.Drive the world’s most legendary race circuits and exotic road courses, captured with millimeter accuracy.

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

So, if we're allowed to read into that, the career mode could be very different. We get open wheel cars, debris accumulation, even better physics, and real-time damage?

All that's missing is a comment on time-of-day changes. Other than that... hell yes! :D

So, if we're allowed to read into that, the career mode could be very different. We get open wheel cars, debris accumulation, even better physics, and real-time damage?

All that's missing is a comment on time-of-day changes. Other than that... hell yes! :D

My top 3 things to know continues to be unknown

1. open wheel support, or at minimum does my Fanatec work??
2. dynamic time of day
3. weather

I now wonder what tracks are laser scanned and which open wheel cars are we getting. :)

The voice inside my head is yelling like Brick from Anchorman.

At this point, weather (which was hinted at in the screenshot earlier this week) and day/night transitions are just icing on the cake!

My top 3 things to know continues to be unknown
1. open wheel support, or at minimum does my Fanatec work??

99,9% not.

X360 accessories are confirmed not to work and Dan Greenawalt has been on GTTV 20 minutes ago and said there is now Thrustmaster wheel getting ready for Forza 5 and XBOne.

The voice inside my head is yelling like Brick from Anchorman.

At this point, weather (which was hinted at in the screenshot earlier this week) and day/night transitions are just icing on the cake!

Which screenshot?

Back