Xbox One, FM5 Announced! (UPDATE, See first post!)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 521 comments
It mpede's your vision in real life, but varies from windscreen to windscreen. Point is, if it's there in real life, why not a sim?

More than anything else, they should be focusing on fixing issues that have plagued previous forzas, add more options and variety. And generally improve the simulation model and "motorsport" experience, rather than primarily focusing on giving us over the top pretty graphics.

Not bashing it though, but it would be interesting to see what direction FM5 takes. Won't be getting an Xbox One anytime soon, but can't wait for more details!

Over the top graphics? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

Lens flare, color temperature, shadows, reflections..

But my biggest graphical concern? the laughable DOF generation in Photomode in FM4 that will likely carry over to 5.

I don't mean to trivialize your concerns, but how many people play Forza for its comprehensive f-stop recreation?

Lens flare, color temperature, shadows, reflections..

But my biggest graphical concern? the laughable DOF generation in Photomode in FM4 that will likely carry over to 5.

No idea what your talking about. Forza is always optimalized for the best overall experience. Buttersmooth 60 frames a second and conistancy over the board whether that be cars or tracks.

Here's for your remark about the 'laughable DOF'

7165197069_f9b8f80b8a_z.jpg

As for the colorpalette.. Seems pretty decent too me in standard settings. It often depends on your Tv settings.
6966200250_74d0c55119_o.jpg

Last edited:
The "adjust your TV settings" argument doesn't hold if Forza 4 is the only game that has such problems with overexposure and excessive lens flare.

Last edited:
I don't mean to trivialize your concerns, but how many people play Forza for its comprehensive f-stop recreation?

Not many people play Forza for its comprehensive f-stop recreation, but it would be a welcome addition for Photomode enthusiasts.

No idea what your talking about. Forza is always optimalized for the best overall experience. Buttersmooth 60 frames a second and conistancy over the board whether that be cars or tracks.

Marketing speak much?

Take care to explain to me why the modelling on the CLK GTR looks so much worse than the 300C SRT8. So much for "consistency" huh? (at this point you will resort to bringing GT5 into the equation because you have no reasonable excuse other than the fact that it is a imported FM2 car)

Here's for your remark about the 'laughable DOF'
7165197069_f9b8f80b8a_z.jpg

Looks pretty laughable to me.

Real life (by me)
7757557978_fedb69160d_z.jpg

Crysis 3
standard_crysis_3_-_psycho.png

Photomode should look like something taken by a camera out of the box.

Granted, FM4's DOF was more akin to a small sensor-ed compact camera (ie: no bokeh balling at all). Whereas the Crysis 3 shot looks like it was taken with a 35 Summicron.

As for the colorpalette.. Seems pretty decent too me in standard settings. It often depends on your Tv settings.
6966200250_74d0c55119_o.jpg

Mine is a plasma from Panasonic, I highly doubt that a color calibrated plasma can display "bad colors". As Tornado said before, the "adjust your TV settings" argument doesn't hold.

I shouldn't have to resort to post-processing (LR/A + plug-ins) and BigShots just to get this (by me)
9114302617_5171712718_z.jpg

Also, the helmet's visor is so ugly. The helmet modelling itself is not bad but the way the visor reflects light totally messes up my Photomode pictures, hence my attempt to hide it when the A pillar.

Last edited:
Not many people play Forza for its comprehensive f-stop recreation, but it would be a welcome addition for Photomode enthusiasts.

Marketing speak much?

Take care to explain to me why the modelling on the CLK GTR looks so much worse than the 300C SRT8. So much for "consistency" huh? (at this point you will resort to bringing GT5 into the equation because you have no reasonable excuse other than the fact that it is a imported FM2 car)

Looks pretty laughable to me.

Real life (by me)
7757557978_fedb69160d_z.jpg

Crysis 3
standard_crysis_3_-_psycho.png

Photomode should look like something taken by a camera out of the box.

Granted, FM4's DOF was more akin to a small sensor-ed compact camera (ie: no bokeh balling at all). Whereas the Crysis 3 shot looks like it was taken with a 35 Summicron.

Mine is a plasma from Panasonic, I highly doubt that a color calibrated plasma can display "bad colors". As Tornado said before, the "adjust your TV settings" argument doesn't hold.

I shouldn't have to resort to post-processing (LR/A + plug-ins) and BigShots just to get this (by me)
9114302617_5171712718_z.jpg

Also, the helmet's visor is so ugly. The helmet modelling itself is not bad but the way the visor reflects light totally messes up my Photomode pictures, hence my attempt to hide it when the A pillar.

Yep, the color pallet and exposure has thus far been pretty poor. FM4 was a big step in the right direction, but it still needs work.

You don't have to post edit or use big shots to get detailed photos.

7819031882_14407103a4_z.jpg

7831883138_65b106f4cf_z.jpg

8046570771_6fe5157bb1_z.jpg

None of which are edited, or big shots.

shameless self promoting

You don't have to post edit or use big shots to get detailed photos. shameless self promoting

You know I have to get in on this fun.

I've been taking photos for a while and I have to say the Forza needs to improve on a few things. The D.O.F is just wack in some ways and the options in the photomode aren't how they would be used in real life. FM4 looks amazing in some shots. Others.. not really.

Corn field bokeh. It's a major turn off. A photographer of any kind could tell this is a fake photo. That's with me leaving the other game like aspects out.

8561579300_86a3c8062a_z.jpg

This photo looks better because of the trees looking somewhat spherical. There are still some shortfalls with the lighting ex: reflections on the rear and such.

8382246649_3013a3bc21_z.jpg

This is one of more realistic shots of Forza I've taken. The lighting looks consistent with it's environment and the shutterspeed looks acceptable.

7691031546_6340bff39c_z.jpg

If you want to discuss the merits or otherwise of a 360 game then go to the correct thread to do so.

This one gets back on topic now or people start taking holidays from GT Planet.

If you want to discuss the merits or otherwise of a 360 game then go to the correct thread to do so.

This one gets back on topic now or people start taking holidays from GT Planet.

For the post I made? A bit extreme, but okay.

Back