Favorite guitar?Music 

• Thread starter Kfaction
  • 63 comments
K-Faction
You're kidding me.
As the name implys, what is your favorite, or dream guitar for that matter? Mine would be the Oxblood Les Paul, (can't post photos because my Wii is being a tard.) No technical specs please, just show whats in your favor.

I have a friend who has this guitar where the back is curved to allow better resonance and sound but i can't remember the name of the brand. it starts with an "O" i believe.

I love 12 strings but they are expensive.

I have a Washburn D-10m. it's a pretty old one too.

I would love to build my own through ESPs custom shop.

For a non-custom I'll take any signature series ESP from RZK of Rammstein:
RZK-1.jpg

or Alexi Laiho of Children of Bodom.
alexi_laiho_scythe.jpg

Scythe inlays....extra cool

I have a friend who has this guitar where the back is curved to allow better resonance and sound but i can't remember the name of the brand. it starts with an "O" i believe.

Most likely an Ovation.

My dream guitar would be something along the lines of

ER Quicksilver examples
Macassar Ebony Neck, fretboard and headstock example (just the neck and headstock)
Naturally quilted Sequoia Top example :drool:
Black Korina Back example
Seymour Duncan Black/Back Pickups
Black Saddle Piezo System Learn more here

Cost: ~5000, a bargain for a handmade guitar with all custom parts. The ME neck and Sequoia top alone are about $2200, give or take 400 or so...

I'm a sucker for exotic tone wood, talking about it gives me wood of my own.

EDIT:
No technical specs please, just show whats in your favor.

Whoops :dunce:

Last edited:
It's quite hard to decide which is my favourite guitar. It's between my first choice a SG and a Manson guitar.

Gibson SG

gibson-sg-standard.jpg

I think this would definatley be one of my dream guitars, I own a Epiphone SG G-130 and as much as I love it, it isn't the real thing. Perhaps the Gibson SG isn't perhaps the most beautiful guitar in the world but it's shape is so instantly recognisable its hard to ignore it. Legendary players such as Angus Young make this guitar so legendary. It is definately a guitar I would love to own.

Manson M1D1 Guitar

Manson%20M%20One%20D%20One%20Guitar.jpg

This guitar is quite simply awesome, it's a custom made guitar by a company which is fairly well known for it's guitars made for Matthew Bellamy. The guitar has some awesome features, like Kaoss pad, a cracked mirror finish, a bare knuckle P90 bridge pickup and a Fernades Sustainer FSK-401. Basically, made of awesome. Sadly, Matthew Bellamy wrecked it at the Fuji Rock Festival 2007 and I don't know if they would ever make another one even if the money was right.

I wish I can get my stolen early '60s Gibson SG back. Other than that, I have every 'dream' guitar I ever wanted, short of a Gibson '58 Flying V and/or Explorer.

I don't have a Fender Strat, so I guess I could get one of those, but I know I wont play it much, so why bother? Plus, I had one before trading it for some stuff.

The new EVH Wolfgang (made by Fender) is very nice, but I already have an Ernie Ball Music Man EVH and a Peavey Wolfgang Special Custom Deluxe that I'm not currently playing, so again, what's the point in getting one?

Meh, Fender and Gibson are going to start a war over who can get the most Guitars endorsed by rock stars. Gibson had that Slash one of late, now fender has Gilmour...

I have a couple of dream guitars.
I don't do pics, so Please feel free to look 'em up.

My number one fave of all time:
Gibson Hummingbird. And while I can probably afford the Epiphone version, it isn't the same. They "feel" nothing alike.

I also have a very soft spot in my heart for the Gibson SST.

But I have many guitars on my lifetime wish list. Those are just the top two.
If I were in the position to start a collection...
Parker Fly
Gibson ES-135
Tele-Thinline
Larivee D-05
Gibson SJ200
Carvin Craig Chaquico sig acoutic-electric
Strat Hardtail
Gibson Byrdland
Taylor Baby
Tacoma Chief
Guild D55
Alvarez-Yiari MM1
And every mint Alvarez model 5013 I could get my paws on.

I guess that makes me the only mostly acoustic guy in the pile so far...

Last edited:
Guitar: (tie) Jimi Hendrix's Black Gibson Flying V
Katy Perry's Pink Gibson Les Paul (if they made it into a signature)

Bass: Geezer Butler's SG bass (don't know who makes it but would DIE to have this Bass Guitar)

Manson M1D1 Guitar

Manson%20M%20One%20D%20One%20Guitar.jpg

This guitar is quite simply awesome, it's a custom made guitar by a company which is fairly well known for it's guitars made for Matthew Bellamy. The guitar has some awesome features, like Kaoss pad, a cracked mirror finish, a bare knuckle P90 bridge pickup and a Fernades Sustainer FSK-401. Basically, made of awesome. Sadly, Matthew Bellamy wrecked it at the Fuji Rock Festival 2007 and I don't know if they would ever make another one even if the money was right.

Not for people like me and you, but thats just one of many thats been made for Mr Bellamy, and its remains can be seen in the Manson shop.

I personally am a huge fan of all the "Mattocasters" but in particular this one:
Manson%20Red%20Glitter.jpg

and this one
Manson%20Black%20Midi%20Guitar.jpg

Amazing pieces of equipment, and the bomber deserves a mention just for its looks!
Manson%20Bomber.jpg

My favourite Guitar would have to be the Teal Tiger Maple Les Paul in Joe Perry's(aerosmith Lead Guitarist) Personal Collection or Zakk Wylde's (Black Label Socity Lead Vocalist/guitarist) Les Paul with the bullseye pattern.

I had my favorite, it was a gold top Les Paul, from the custom shop, a REAL les paul might i add. i had to sell it though, it was either that or a car payment at the time....:indiff:

Not for people like me and you, but thats just one of many thats been made for Mr Bellamy, and its remains can be seen in the Manson shop.

However, we now have a guitar we can aim for. Manson now make a version of the Bellamy's guitars for regular people to buy.

2062_1_medium.jpg

Linky

Mansons Guitar Shop are Pleased to announce the new Matthew Bellamy Signature Guitars. We are offering the MB-1 range with custom options available to select from the drop menu up on the right hand side.

MB-1 Standard with/without Midi Control Screen

Specs-

Alder Body
Birds Eye Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
MBK-2 Bridge Humbucker
Fernandes Sustainer Humbucking Neck Pickup
Fixed Bridge
Gotoh 510 Machine Heads
Kill Switch
Volume, Tone
Sustainer On/Off Switch
Sustainer – Harmonic/Fundamental Switch
3-way Pickup Selector Switch
Manson Deluxe Logo Hard Case

All guitars are made in the UK

This guitar is available in two finishes – Matt Black or for £200 extra, gloss Red Glitter. It is available with or without a Midi Control Screen - £300 price difference.

It is also possible to special order the custom made round machine head buttons and control knobs as seen on Matthew’s first two Manson Guitars. The price difference for these items is a £250 upcharge. These machine head buttons have to specially made for each individual guitar hence the price.

Hmmm, whats the word I'm looking for...awesome. This is my new dream guitar and will be until I can afford to buy one. It's a tough choice though, car or a epic guitar.

Hello..
I have just an acoustic guitar but now I want to buy an electric guitar. There are so many guitar but can't find any one favorite. My list is so long for guitar. I like 12 string guitar but I think it is very expensive for me.

EPIPHONE LES PAUL PROPHECY...24 frets and 2 active EMG's??? thats an orgasm of a guitar right there...in my opinion.

I got an 2004 Epiphone Les Paul Standard...and a Peavey 3120 head with a Triple XXX 4x12 cab. it sounds so sweeeeeet

What can I say, I have a special place in my heart for Skjold basses, and good reason. It's the best sounding, easiest playing bass, with the most versatile tone instrument I have every had the pleasure to lay my hands on.

For the higher end spectrum of tonal rage instruments, I think I have a new favorite acoustic guitar made by Rain Song. A 100% carbon fiber instrument that is light and durable. It carries the sonic high end articulation and responsiveness of a Taylor but the bottom end resonance, presence, and attack of a Martin.

i have always loved Jems!
ibanez-jem-555-bk-wh.jpg

its so preedy
i think im jus attracted to details, fancy inlays and stuff, PRS guitars are pretty sweet too :D

as much as i know fenders are popular, i just cant like them, i think its my dad being obsessed with hank marvin has spoiled my opinion of them lol and i dont like the lumpy head either

One thing about Fenders, they're kind of like a Shure SM58 Mic, predictable. Good or bad, you know what to expect out of them, and every top studio will have one. :)

Last edited:
Well, I've owned my Fender Mexican Stratocaster for nearly a year now, and I still love it more than anything. I treat it like it were my own child, but that's only because of the value it holds to me. I can't live through a week without playing my guitar. It's like my exhast pipe for emotions. If I feel either sad or aggressive, I play my guitar for a half hour or an hour and I feel much better. Music therapy! :dopey: Currently it's stock; black body, white pickguard, rosewood fretboard. I do consider to replace the stock pickups with some EMG-SA pickups though, and I'd love a sunburst with maple neck Strat, but I guess I'll buy a real Strat with that combo later in my life when the budget gets bigger. 8Seeing as I'm studying Architecture and Structural Engineering, that shouldn't be a problem :D)

Well, I've owned my Fender Mexican Stratocaster for nearly a year now, and I still love it more than anything. I treat it like it were my own child, but that's only because of the value it holds to me. I can't live through a week without playing my guitar. It's like my exhast pipe for emotions. If I feel either sad or aggressive, I play my guitar for a half hour or an hour and I feel much better. Music therapy! :dopey:

Funnily enough, I feel exactly the same. I felt so depressed earlier this year when I snapped a string, then couldn't play "my" guitar so went to play my brothers then decided I preferred mine so tried to take his high E off and ended up snapping that too. I was gutted for that whole week. It's such a good way at venting emotions onto the guitar, some songs are great for certain moods. When I play guitar I also feel more confident with the guitar than I do when doing speeches or anything else. Its a weird sensation.

My Epiphone SG is slightly worse for wear, the pick plate/scratch plate is scratched to hell and the body has a few chips here and there. The fret board really needs a bit clean too, and I'm thinking about getting some new strings at some point. It's all down to the sheer amount of it being played. :)

The strings on my Fender have been on it forever. I snapped the high E string as well, I really need to watch that Gilmour-like bending, so I went to buy new strings the next following day. Apparently I was so exited about the new strings that I totally missed the fact I bought acoustic bronze strings for my Fender. I felt embarrassing, but the shop seller and I had a good laugh about it. I gave my Fender a good clean as well and it still shines as much as the day I recieved it. Hell, I've treated my Fender better than anything, even what used to be my girlfriend... I'm hoping to squeeze out some effects out of my parents for Christmas this year, I really need some delay or some chorus.

Now I've got two (there are more variations of each, but these are my favourites):

Dave Mustaine Dean VMNT (Rust In Peace Artwork (Sorry, but the only decent picture is a page stretcher))

VMNTRustInPeace_2-5-2009-330cc706bdc899d16d819597c09c7c16.jpg

Adrian Smith Jackson San Dimas Dinky

jackson-adrian-smith-guitar-459x345.jpg

Latest Posts

Back