Logitech Driving Force GT Annoying Pedal Problem.

United Kingdom
Manchester
mellotastical
:grumpy:

Right, I'm sick of this. I bought the Driving Force GT last week and the first time i used it it was fine.

Then, second time i used it i realized the brake pedal doesn't fully disengage. Sometimes it flickeres on and off. Not a lot but just enough to slow me down on the straight. It has continued to be an intermittent problem ever since.

I now have to prop the brake up with my left foot as i drive and it is affecting my times - especially on the twisty tracks!

It is also making me incredibly angry!!!!!

Has anyone else had this problem, it is driving me mad?!!?!?!?

At least it should be driving you mad slowly due to the brake being on all the time...

Send it back. If you bought it new, it'll be under guarantee.

Yep, replace it right away, if the store doesn't want to (they should) logitech will take care of it if you contact them.

I have problems with the pedal too. It revs slightly when i release the brake pedal and the gas pedal cracked less than 1 month after purchased.

Attachments

• P1060415.jpg
    P1060415.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 349
Reminds me of Xbox 360..

My G25 is acting up lately too.. but it's been 1 and half year.. as well shifter I mess around with.. so no way they replace that haha.. :(

Hmm thats not great news for me.
I won a Logitech Driving Force GT at the Gadget Show Live on the visionracer stand last saturday, but it hasn't come yet.
I've heard that the pedals aren't that great and if they don't last I think I'll buy some G25 pedals. Are they compatible?

Don't worry about it, DFGT pedal problems are rare, much more rare than DFP pedal problems. Logitech don't sell G25 pedals seperate dunno if they're compatible either anyway.

no they are not compatible. i have a DFGT and was thinking of upgrading the pedals with the G25 ones but they wont work :( so now i put a fanatec wheel on order which i believe have nicer pedals than the G25 :P

Breaking news...

Cheers for all the info guys, I've contacted Logitech and, to be fair to them, they have issued a new system out to me ASAP. It should be with me this week. No more excuses for cr@p lap times!

Oh, and by the way I bought the wheel from darkplanets.co.uk. NEVER, EVER, EVER use these people. They are the WORST internet shop I have ever encountered. I would rather poke biros in my eyes than buy anything from them again.

no they are not compatible. i have a DFGT and was thinking of upgrading the pedals with the G25 ones but they wont work :(

Actually they are compatible, as that's what I drive with. Logitech DF-GT wheel, Sparco Racing Cockpit and G25 pedals. The plugs are different but all you have to do is take the pedal assembly from the G25 and replace the cable with the one from the DF-GT pedal assembly.

http://picasaweb.google.com/craigamey/Sparco

Actually they are compatible, as that's what I drive with. Logitech DF-GT wheel, Sparco Racing Cockpit and G25 pedals. **snip**
I've had a DFP since before GT4 was released in early 2005. I managed to get a new set of pedals for free from Logitech when the original set stopped functioning properly. I believe that I would like to buy a Driving Force GT since it seems to be designed for GT5P and GT5, but perhaps someone could answer a couple of questions that I have about it.

1. Suppose that you turn the game volume down low so as not to bother someone else in the room. Does the DFGT make as much 'noise' as the DFP does when you're turning the wheel? I suppose that there's no way to lubricate the DFP, but just recently I realized that it sure makes an awful lot of noise while you're making turns.

2. I've never used, or actually even seen a DFGT, but from photos, it appears as if it has a PS button in the approximate center of the wheel. Is this correct?

3. Seeing as how some are having problems with the DFGT pedals, are the DFP pedals compatible with the DFGT? Are the plugs the same?

Any response would be appreciated.

@tigjackson...:
1:yes,its much more silent than a dfp
Very good to know since the DFP really does make too much noise when you've got the game volume down real low.
2:correct(go to www.logitech.com to read a full spec.)
The DFGT will therefore work better with the PS3 than the DFP does
3:don't know tbh...
Hopefully I won't need to worry about it, but if the DFP pedals are compatible, then it is a win-win situation in case something goes wrong with the DFGT pedals.
spyrrari.
Thanks for your input!

3. Seeing as how some are having problems with the DFGT pedals, are the DFP pedals compatible with the DFGT? Are the plugs the same?

Any response would be appreciated.

I have owned both wheels in the past and I was able to use the DFGT pedals with the DFP. Never tried it the other way round though 👍

Stick a sponge underneath it, trust me, it works, and makes the brake feel more realistic!

I just received my DFGT and its got the brake pedal pressed in slightly all the time.

Normally I'd just do the procedure for with retailer and send it back to get a new one but I dont want to wait.

I read here that if you contact logitech you will get a new one?

But I also read on their site that you have to get the wheel fixed via the retailer.

So my question is, what did people who contacted logitech and got a new say to them(logitech)?

They will send a new wheel to you. This problem usually shows up when you have used the wheel for a considerable amount of time; the fact that you got this problem when the wheel is brand new is a really bad sign. I strongly recommend getting a new one.

They will send a new wheel to you. This problem usually shows up when you have used the wheel for a considerable amount of time; the fact that you got this problem when the wheel is brand new is a really bad sign. I strongly recommend getting a new one.

Yes, you're right I need a new one.

But on the logitech site it says I have to contact my retailer store to get a new one.
But the retailer store is an online store which means I would have to send the wheel back to them.
I don't wan't to send it back because then I cant play.
So I was having this question:

If I call Logitech and tell them my problem(pedal is always slightly pressed)
will they say I have to contact my retail store or will Logitech themselves send me a new wheel.

You can't play with a constantly applied brake pedal anyways 👎... Since you just bought your wheel, I don't think you'll have any problems with the store you bought it from replacing it. If that doesn't work, I've heard Logitech has really great customer service; you shouldn't have problems either way.

damnit, got the some problem,... bought it this afternoon, after 3-4 hours the brakes are constantly engaged...
thats quality, isn´t it...

damnit, got the some problem,... bought it this afternoon, after 3-4 hours the brakes are constantly engaged...
thats quality, isn´t it...

Wow,
yet another person with the pedal problem.
Is there actually someone with a DFGT who has had the wheel for like a year and who hasn't had the "brake" problem?

The Driving Force Pro suffers from the same problem, but mine is four years old now and still running like new.

I also had this problem with my last pedal assembly and was able to trace the fault back to the switch that controls the brakes, it seemed the switch or whatever it's called had a small amount of movement in the mount that holds it, causing it to sit a little to one side and not in perfect alignment with the pedal movement. Not only did this seem to make it give irregular signals but also "I think" caused it to wear irregularly, "The wear" this small amount of "play" in the switch definitely caused it to give a false readings in relation to it's position and would be effected even by the flex in the assembly caused by depressing the accelerator pedal.

Very frustrating...:ouch:

Last edited:
Logitech wheels really have a terrible build quality, soooo many problems with them. My G25 keeps self tapping the pedals and I can't stop, the pedal is fully released but the brakes are tapping themselves all the time. It's a shame not many other companies make good wheels, especially not so readily available.:(

Back