Logitech Driving Force GT Annoying Pedal Problem.

Well as usual PD didn't hear us and GT5 doesn't have any deadzone either, but your post makes lot of sense and (at least for now) effectively fixed the problem! So thank you and long life to my Logitech bugged (and fixed during calibration) brake pedal. :lol:
This would explained why I sometimes have this problem appear even when using my CSP in GT5. It doesn't happen often but when it does I have to restart Gt5 to solve the braking problem.

I had exactly the same problem with my the G25, tried opening the case and cleaning it from all the dust and crap, didnt help one bit. I'd had the wheel for probably 2 years and had alot of use. I bought the G27 and find it to be excellent and no problems whatsoever so far... lets hope it stays that way.

My brake was aslo being pushed when I was not on the brake. I tried pushing the barake pedal while it was calibrating and my brake works fine now.

To fix the sticking brake problem on a DFGT, I opened the pedal base and carefully removed the lighter of the 2 brake springs. Using pliers, or a vice grips, and a little strength, I was able to extend the spring so that it provided more resistance to the pedal when it was replaced. This stopped the sticking and greatly improved the feel of the brake. I actually did the same to the accelerator spring also, but to a lesser extent. Both pedals feel a lot better with more resistance.

NB: I extended the lighter of the 2 brake springs only, as that is the one with the job of returning the brake pedal to the zero position. Be careful not to over extend the spring - a small amount gives a fair amount of increased resistance and should cure the sticking brake - as it can be pretty difficult to squeeze the base back on when ready to close up the unit. Hope this makes sense.

I had the same exact problem. I figured out it an electrical problem. Because of u wiggle the cord around that goes in the pedal set and twist it in the right position it fixes. Although it stopped working so I swapped those pedal for the MOMO wheel pedals which are cheap but much better in my opinion. Hope this helps if you haven't already sorted it out.

wiggling the cable physically moved the pot a little.

stretching these springs is a GUARANTEED way of fixing the issues with the pedals.

Hi, I'm new here...
I didn't have the pedal problem on DFGT, it actually works pretty well...
But I'm obsessed by the pedals of G25/27.
And I read someone in the forum used the DFGT cable on G25 pedal, I liked that idea alot.
DFGT Wheel with G25 Pedal, just sounds really cool....
So I bought the G25 pedal from the auction website for a cheap price, and start the modification...
(A recycle shop accidently bought it without wheel inside the box, they were pissed and sold it very cheap..)

I opened the case on both pedal, and putted tag on each wire for memorize purpose, and tried different combination for 3 hours, it wasn't easy.
A little complaint though, the pedal of DFGT is really cheaply made, a little annoying when re-seal the case.
Below is how I managed to got it work, from my memory only..
DFGT Pedal: PCB board> 2,_,H (red wire, white wire, black wire) , 4,_,H (red wire, green wire, black wire)
G25 Pedal: PCB board listed 2a,_,Q, 4a,_,Q.
Clutch is 6a,_,Q, but DFGT cable only support gas, and brake, no clutch...
When I plug DFGT pedal cable on G25 pedal, plug the wires 2,_,H (DFGT) to 2a,_,Q (G25), that is, 2 to 2a, _ to _, H to Q...
In game, you can see the gas, and brake works on the meter, but gas doesn't actually move your car.
Plus,with mal-function in PS3 XMB, by automatical move up, or down continously..

To fix this,
First, switch the red wire around, now 2 to 4a, 4 to 2a...
Now you see the gas works perfectly in game, but no brake...

2nd, why the brake doesn't work?
Easy solution, just reverse the plugs on brake...
From *red wire, green wire, black wire* to the reverse direction on PCB : *black, green, red*....
Now the brake works in game...
Also this fixed the malfuction problem on XMB...
it doesn't keep going up or down automatically anymore...

I tried and test last night for 3 hours, almost gave up...
Hope this helps somebody..

Holy Hell!... id do this if was a smart as you!

Having the same issue atm - playing around with the springs is solving the issue for sure? :)

stretching these springs is a GUARANTEED way of fixing the issues with the pedals.[/QUOTE]

I did the same and never had a problem since then :-)

Latest Posts

Back