Granturismo 5 shotoku(shuto) expressway(Wangan(bayshore)?

Are you suggesting there might be petrol stations along these possible highways?
Would also make sense as a starting point as there won't be a start/finish line and no pitstops ( for gas/tyres ).
If only what I just described weren't a wild assumption on my part ( just what I previously mentioned in this tread about horns, indicator functionality and choosing your own trajectory whilst driving ) I might actually get extremely excited about this possibility.

It's far too cool a possibility to even begin hoping for :dopey:

I'd like to be surprised :D

Great work on identifying the circuits. I'm still convinced of a return for SSR11, and a track generator theme loosely based on the "Wangan", and surrounding roads. 👍

If there will be a "Wangan" theme for the course maker I hope it will allow way more than 10 Km of length, because on a fast car races on such courses would be way too short. The length has to be the maximum a Veyron can drive at its top speed (400 Km/h * 8 minutes = ~50 Km) before consuming all its fuel :D
Or, as suggested, there would have to be gasoline stations.

the pic of the enzo dosent have any gas left zoom in see theres no white line on the gas meter in electronic gas meters it means it's empty.
The Enzo has a little triangle that says where the gas tank is left at, fuel wise. Judging by the GT5 photo, it appears to be just under half a tank.
ferrari_enzo_interior.sized.jpg

It's far too cool a possibility to even begin hoping for :dopey:

I'd like to be surprised :D

Far too cool indeed and the temptation to dream up all sorts of implications and possibities is best left contained in my own head for now as it's best not to even go there as hyping up your own hype based on nothing but speculation is asking for trouble.
But you may also remember those "Tentative" road signs appearing......

The Enzo has a little triangle that says where the gas tank is left at, fuel wise. Judging by the GT5 photo, it appears to be just under half a tank.
ferrari_enzo_interior.sized.jpg

Ive never notice that oh well we know fuel will run out anyways on some races like in GT4 and since in prologue we have the low fuel light on the right coner of the hub.

Are you suggesting there might be petrol stations along these possible highways?
Would also make sense as a starting point as there won't be a start/finish line and no pitstops ( for gas/tyres ).
If only what I just described weren't a wild assumption on my part ( just what I previously mentioned in this tread about horns, indicator functionality and choosing your own trajectory whilst driving ) I might actually get extremely excited about this possibility.

No im saying that is functional in GT4 you could run out of fuel and still reach about 50 Mph just for you to get into the pits maybe this track dose have pit's.

But i don't think theres a open world in the game that you can explore.

I tried searching on the Tokyo Bayshore route this junction on Google Earth:

img0081gw.jpg

However, I had no luck. There are a couple of very similar places, but I've been unable to find anything perfectly matching, at least on the Bayshore route. So I guess it's again something loosely based on real roads rather than accurately.

Takumisensei, that map on the first page brings back wonderful memories of playing TXR 2 on Dreamcast and choosing my route...if any of those were in the game, I'd be ecstatic.

I've attached to this post a kmz file for Google Earth of the places I think look the closest to the image above on the Bayshore Route, at least from aerial photos.

Attachments

• tokyobay.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 18
Hmm.... wasn't free roaming mentioned at some point a few years ago?
Also horns, turn signals and high/low beams all together make sense with that idea, true!
However it's still wild speculation for now... I hope to find out more soon.

Ive never heard of that the only thing i heard similar was the integration of GT5 whit PlayStation home but we haven't seen any details.

How would the free roaming work? There's no 'world' to drive in to get from track to track. If it were integrated, I'm sure it would have been announced since it would be quite the new feature.

I've attached to this post a kmz file for Google Earth of the places I think look the closest to the image above on the Bayshore Route, at least from aerial photos.

Shirakawa can you plz send the coordinates,I think that could be route 246 night with some plus bit,because so far that doesn't seem like SSR11.

BTW if you guys see a huge triangular building that could be shiodome's media tower

Shirakawa can you plz send the coordinates,I think that could be route 246 night with some plus bit,because so far that doesn't seem like SSR11.

These are the coordinates:
#1 - lat 35.655306° lon 139.909033°
#2 - lat 35.638219° lon 139.797240°
#3 - lat 35.554945° lon 139.782814°

Number #2 looks the closest to that picture. However it's not the same place.

How would the free roaming work? There's no 'world' to drive in to get from track to track. If it were integrated, I'm sure it would have been announced since it would be quite the new feature.

It would work the same as free roaming around the Top Gear Test Track, I think.
I remember reading that free roaming there would have been a possibility.

Well, GT5 already has a random generator for rally circuit, shouldn´t it be very difficult generating circuits on the fly, right?. This could mean endless highways.

Another thing is the sense in that. I would much rather a infinite mountain road before a endless highway. The highways generally involve no challenge driving one, rather they are an endurance test for sleep.

It would never be able to generate a track on the fly. GT5 already pushes the PS3 to its limits. If it's that easy, why hasn't it been done? GT5 is about racing, not driving from place to place. This isn't NFS.....

Takumisensei, that map on the first page brings back wonderful memories of playing TXR 2 on Dreamcast and choosing my route...if any of those were in the game, I'd be ecstatic.

Oh yeah !
I hope well got the same felling with an hypothetical wangan on GT5.
Can u imagine this road with a real good gameplay and all the cars u can drive in GT séries ?
Please Kazunory ! Do that !

Another possibility:
Could it be a sneak peek at the final, undisclosed area for Course Creator?
While gravel is insanely far fetched as road surface here, watching the videos SHIRAKAWA Akira attached of the real deal, the enormous amount of on and off ramps, changes in elevation and quite possibly even road camber seems like an interesting setting for generating an "infinite" variation of expressway racing.
I honestly do not believe this is the case, but every time we see a new track, we need to take this into account now. New track or Track Creator?
In any way, to keep the last area under wraps is a smart move to keep us connoisseurs entertained in the lobby.
Come november, It would not be as much fun if we knew it all in advance. Would it?

Last edited:

It would never be able to generate a track on the fly. GT5 already pushes the PS3 to its limits. If it's that easy, why hasn't it been done? GT5 is about racing, not driving from place to place. This isn't NFS.....

How would free roaming work? Well for instance a large city section or a network of linked highways where you're not only able to drive a fixed trajectory of a track or point to point stage but able to choose a trajectory whilst driving by exiting the highway and drive onto a different one.

About generating a track on the fly ( or randomly ), a short time ago I've read on this forum that exactly that was offered in Enthusia on the PS2 so it can be done and has been done.

And why is it that each time someone mentions they would like free roam or ordinary roads, highways or city sections people start to compare it to games like NFS, TDU or GTA?
Do these games have a shared exclusive right for having these features and GT should always and forever only offer tracks?

GT is called "The real driving simulator" and offers a lot of cars/vehicles not particularly suited for racing ( hence the recently added Volkswagens, which are great by the way ) and even a lot of cars which are suited to race ( meaning ordinary and extraordinary roadcars, not necessarily racecars ) could also be used purely for driving in a different context, not competitive but purely the experience of driving those cars you wouldn't do otherwise in "normal" virtually recreated situations with the extra bonus of having all the assets of GT ( physics, visuals and car content ) those other games don't offer.
As an addition to, not as a replacement for tracks ( as nobody would want that ).

Personally I think we can rule out that, althought initially, at a quick look, I thought of Red Rock Valley too.

My idea: both.
I think that every course creator location on asphalt/tarmac will have a proper fixed track made by Polyphony in the game.

So do I. That's why I really, really want to believe the last, undisclosed area for Track Creator is Sicily.
If I was told I could have one track and one track only in GT5 - futile as it may - I'd have to pick the Targa Florio road course, circa 1970.
I would be willing to sacrifice some quality in resolution and framerate just to have that gloriuos 72 km lap to bomb around on.
However, we have the very Italian Tuscany area confirmed already. Since Track Creator seems instrumental for the new WRC content in GT5 I would expect the last area to be set in Japan. If not expressways, then perhaps something more rural, including their own fantastic mountain roads perhaps?
All surface and weather conditions apply.

Latest Posts

Back