Everyone write a thank you letter to kazunori yamauchi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan, If you have any way to contact PD or Kaz, please forward this on.

As this states, It's a thank you letter, anyone wanting to troll or make abusive posts can go elsewhere.

I'd like to thank kazunori yamauchi for Making GT5 what it is, and all of the Gran Turismo series, we asked for things like -

Realistic weather - We got it.
Damage - We got it.
1000 cars - We got it.
A course creator - We got it.
Endurance races with day/night transition - We got it.

Online - We got it, and it has some of the best functionality in any PS3 game with how it works.

We are even getting our standards (not sure how many) Upped to premium status.

And even new replay functions.

And of course, the ability to backup your save file.

I thank you so much for listening to all the requests that the player base has made, It's quite a hard feat to achieve what you have achieved yamauchi-san. For all the things in the world people have to complain about, it's hard to complain when you have given us such an amazing game, it's hard to put into words the brilliance of the GT series.

After watching your hard work throughout the whole entire GT series, I admire everything you and PD have done.

Everything from trailers to opening movies, the attention to detail, the attention to the physics of each and every single automobile, bringing the history function back into Gran Turismo 5, so people can learn the beauty of the automotive history, and learn everything they ever could want to know about the car and/or the company that made it.

Only You, yamauchi-san, could of made this all possible for us. As long as the wait was, it was worth everyday of it to finally get such a fantastic creation in my hands and be able to see your company's hard work in front of me.

This is a thank you letter, letting you know that I (among millions) of other car enthusiasts around the world appreciate everything you have done Kazunori Yamauchi! I hope you will always produce automotive simulators, nobody brings the emotion and art into it like you and your company do!

Thank you Yamauchi san!

Last edited:
I already sent him a personal thank you note with Ben Franklins likeness all over it - that should be all the thanks he needs :)

i'm very happy with the game but i think this is too much

These are letters, not opinions of the letters, please don't ruin what could of been pages of nice inspiring things for kaz to read with just simple trolling of opinions, if you don't have a thank you letter to write, please keep comments out.

We may have gotten a damage system, but it's weak as hell. And mechanical damage only exists online. I would barely call it a damage system, let alone something we asked for and got.

I'm doing extreme series races and if I go head on at 300km/h into a wall I drive away like nothing happened and the only damage I can see is some paint chipped off, lol.

We may have gotten a damage system, but it's weak as hell. And mechanical damage only exists online. I would barely call it a damage system, let alone something we asked for and got.

I'm doing extreme series races and if I go head on at 300km/h into a wall I drive away like nothing happened and the only damage I can see is some paint chipped off, lol.

Again, people trolling and not respecting the post, if you don't have a letter, don't post please. Also, this isn't a damage simulator, it's a driving simulator for physics with a vast variety of automobiles. Damage is a side addition, like in grid it was the main thing they focused on, where as gran turismo focused on many area's, this is one of those things if you're not happy with it, buy other games.

Please respect the original post, I asked Jordan to clean this up, He and I both have a great passion for Gran Turismo, there are flaws in everything, this is me appreciating what we have been given, if you don't like the game or things about it, please do not post that here, there are rant sections for things you don't like.

I'll send him a letter as soon as I get a letter from him thanking me for buying it! What a rediculous comment. It has nothing to do with the game or the quality of it. Do you send thank you's to every manufacture you buy something from? I just bought some Tide, should I send P&G Corp a thank you?!?!

Thank you Polyphony & Sony for such a great game. The constant updates for some awesome features is the best of any game and the cars all look and drive AWESOME!

GT5 does have its problems though... for example a few of my real world friends with PS3s don't have online & therefore cant update GT5 (this also stands for 30% of the PS3 user base) so they must use MY internet to do it... one question could you somehow make game shops offer free GT5 updates as part of a warranty system or something. It would be a hassle taking your PS3 into a shop to get an update but its better then having a game with no mechanical damage, 800 standards and jaggy shadows.... Great game but please make this possible also add more aussie cars an more events as i am already finished all but the enduro's THX

I'll send him a letter as soon as I get a letter from him thanking me for buying it! What a rediculous comment. It has nothing to do with the game or the quality of it. Do you send thank you's to every manufacture you buy somerrthing from? I just bought some Tide, should I send P&G Copr a thank you?!?!

He does thank you for buying it, that's why he's still updating the game.

And yes, I do send thank you letters to manufacturers that make me happy with something they have made, It's not only Inspirational to the companies (If you don't think companies read thank you letters you're wrong) Just like Jordan read all the thank you thread people made for him. It's ok, a few people with greater appreciation will post in here. I know they exist in the human race.

If you don't believe people like thank you letters, you can read the thank you letter made for Jordan. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132900

He appreciated every person that posted in there, and that makes people want to give back, being appreciated isn't a bad thing you know.

It's a counter to the negative bs people have been saying about the game.

I think GT5 is awesome.

if people says BS is their problem, it's not a reason to go to the other extreme and say "Online - We got it, and it's one of the best online experiences in any game"

i mean, i love the game, it's great, but this is just not true, like it's also not true that the game sucks like other people says

sorry to hijack ya thread, but the devil in me thinks op is taking the piss somewhat?

if not then wow thats love im sure when Kaz logs onto GTP and reads this he will be like awwww shucks its not good enough they make me a very very rich man, they write such nice things about me ,i actually think he may get emotional..................in fact i think he is looking on us all now thinking awwwww

Photomode. That's it.
Seriously. The only really good thing i can say that is good about the game, I'm not being a troll either.
The Photomode is amazing, High Resolution, decent control over the camera, amazing detail on some things.

He does thank you for buying it, that's why he's still updating the game.

And yes, I do send thank you letters to manufacturers that make me happy with something they have made, It's not only Inspirational to the companies (If you don't think companies read thank you letters you're wrong) Just like Jordan read all the thank you thread people made for him. It's ok, a few people with greater appreciation will post in here. I know they exist in the human race.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132900

He appreciated every person that posted in there, and that makes people want to give back, being appreciated isn't a bad thing you know.

I won't respond to this comment directly out of respect for your intent of this thread. (regardless of how rediculous it is) But, you should thank the entire polyphony team...

I'd like to thank Kaz for making not only the best game (with the biggest leap in features) of the franchise, but the best racing model and racing game that I've ever played (and yes I've played PC sims). I look back to GT1, the very first racing game I played when I had my own console and memory card (before that I would start a game over and over with the '90 Supra and play for a couple of hours, the first time I got a race mod was mindblowing), I remember the old HSR, I remember how impressive was the first time I raced on SSR11, I remember when I first got all my licenses (I was a kid, mind you), I remember when I beat the game... I remember how many times I played on Trial Mountain with my father on splitscreen before going to bed :)

Then I play GT5 and well, he's done what I thought impossible for a long time. I mean, you guys who played GT1... could you even imagine back then the gloriousness that is driving on the ring in this game?

I could write a lot more and thank Kaz a lot of times, but all I want him to know, if he ever reads this, is that it would make me very happy to see him work on the franchise, and videogames in general, for a loooooong long time. Fortunately he'll keep doing his thing till the day he dies, just like Mr. Kojima.

And yes I do get emotional ;)

I won't respond to this comment directly out of respect for your intent of this thread. (regardless of how rediculous it is) But, you should thank the entire polyphony team...

I did in the letter, 2x

"I admire everything you and PD have done."

"like you and your company do!"

Kaz also runs PD, so him getting the letter and me saying thank you to the rest of PD in his letter, is the same thing. Thank you for your concern tho, at least yours wasn't negative. =)

Thank you Kaz for:

Releasing GT5 with less than 10% of the events that were in GT4
Releasing GT5 without online leaderboards which are inherent in nearly every game upon release.
Releasing GT5 with an archaic online system whereby you have no idea what series/cars/rules the lobby maker is racing with.
Releasing GT5 without matchmaking and a poorer online system than prologue
Rushing GT5 to hit the stores for xmas (oh wait it was only 6 years)

I think that with the amount of disappointment over many glaring omissions, that many people will feel responding with a thank you letter just isn't applicable for an unfinished game.

By praising Kaz for GT5 in its current state just ensures that you lower the expectations of what is considered "acceptable" for a so-called finished game.

This thread is asking for criticism because the disappointment is extremely widespread! Sure there are those who think GT5 is fine in its current state, but they are equalled by those disillusioned by the state it is currently in.

I'm Amused2Death

My 60usd should be thanks enough.

Well said. Kaz and Polyphony are probably laughing their asses off at how rich their getting from us. He should be thanking me for spending my hard earned money on his game, which is overpriced like all the other ps3 titles out there.

And don't go saying "it's not overpriced". They make like 500x more money than it cost to make and advertise the actual game, and they sit back and watch their wallets get fatter and fatter while we get poorer and poorer. Yeah yeah, now you'll say "if you don't wanna pay the price than don't buy the game"...sorry, If i want to have fun with my ps3 I have no choice but to fork out the almost $100 it costs to get a game these days.

And in actuality, it is people like you praising these game developers that leads them to believe that they can get away with doing the bare minimum, because no matter what you're still happy with the product, even though they could have done much much more with the money and resources they have. I for one, expect the best game they can possibly build for my $80, but those days are over and we get to pay $80 to beta test games now.

Thank you Kaz for:

Releasing GT5 with less than 10% of the events that were in GT4
Releasing GT5 without online leaderboards which are inherent in nearly every game upon release.
Releasing GT5 with an archaic online system whereby you have no idea what series/cars/rules the lobby maker is racing with.
Releasing GT5 without matchmaking and a poorer online system than prologue
Rushing GT5 to hit the stores for xmas (oh wait it was only 6 years)

I think that with the amount of disappointment over many glaring omissions, that many people will feel responding with a thank you letter just isn't applicable for an unfinished game.

By praising Kaz for GT5 in its current state just ensures that you lower the expectations of what is considered "acceptable" for a so-called finished game.

This thread is asking for criticism because the disappointment is extremely widespread! Sure there are those who think GT5 is fine in its current state, but they are equalled by those disillusioned by the state it is currently in.

I'm Amused2Death

👍 (if not surpassed)

My thankyou letter would inevitably turn into WTF.
I think its better I don't write one.

GT5 has so many problems, we waited 6 years for this WTF. I'll right him a thank you letter when online services are always up and the g27 wheel has full support.

have you got a wheel????
Do you have fun driving STANDARD cars?
Is it realistic to drive a car from 1 cm up from the street, or on its roof?
WE NEED HOOD VIEW FOR STANDARD CARS. It's the easiest thing to do, and they don't do it.
WHY?

Some of you need to lay off. The guy said what he liked about the game. There are other threads to discuss the short comings and if you don't want to thank Kaz then don't. But at the very least pay some respect to the OP and let him have a thread on what he wants. I am sure all of you wouldn't want people to discuss things other than what you want talked about in your very own thread.

Back to the topic. Kaz and PD, I absolutely love the game. Sure some things could be better, but have already had more than my 60 USD worth of fun out of it. I love the feel of driving in the game and I love sitting in my cockpit and feeling like I am actually running an F40 around the Nurburgring. I love the car selection along with the painstaking care taken in modeling the cars. As I said, the game is not without its faults, but the games great things certainly outweigh the bad to me. I love it,

CJ
-ie-Senna52

Thanks kaz for giving us a nice game - though next time it would be appreciated if the beta testers wernt the Need for Speed guys - I think they must have told you that AI doing the Pit Manourvre was 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back