GT5 Update 2.09

United States
Indiana
wiithepeople2
So I logged in and this update came up. What is in it exactly?

As far as I know the update is 102 MB and it won't take too long to install the patch.

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

- The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; "None", "Normal", "Fast", and "Very Fast".

- The view during 3D display has been improved.

- The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.

- Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating

- The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
- Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G '02, Toyota Prius G '09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection '03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.

So they still haven't actually been anywhere near the real car with recording equipment.

not even close, i guess they made the change because of the uproar after the car was released, but it's clearly just the F1 samples being recycled, very clean and not throaty at all in lower rpms

NSXDriver
can confirm the HSV now has a recycled Formula GT/X1 engine note.

I wouldn't say completely recycled, it's altered a bit if you compare them. It would have been great if they actually took the time to record and study the sound somehow, as Simon said. I guess that time will come later, though.

So they still haven't actually been anywhere near the real car with recording equipment.

People are saying that it's a sound sample similar to the FGT, I did a quick testing... at least it sounds like a high revving engine now.

I love how their changelogs are just as vague as Kaz's interview answers. Fixed how, PD?

Yes, and that's a pretty important information because if it finally got rid of the differences between online and offline physics, that's a gamechanger for the serious players.

So people ***** and moan, then when PD finally listens, they still ***** and moan. There's a very good reason why SimonK is on my ignore list.

Thanks Jeff! :) PD also gave me a shiny new F40!

I just updated to 2.09 and came across something rather peculiar.

I'm into the final 4 hrs of the Nurburgring 24hr race and booted up my save to continue where I left off. As my Bentley Speed 8 pulls into the pits, its fuel starts depleting rapidly. After the pit stop, fuel depletes as I accelerate and the tank is empty in 2 seconds.

I tried driving in the opposite direction to re-enter the pits and even after refuelling for a 2nd time, the fuel depletes in an instant upon acceleration.

Anyone else experiencing such an issue? Pretty bummed that I won't be able to complete this final race and the game.

In my lounge there isn't rollover but instead of being so tense of the car trying to roll it actually rolls a bit now instead of staying flat. But no pure rollover... Unless maybe I change options but I don't think so.

aronh17
In my lounge there isn't rollover but instead of being so tense of the car trying to roll it actually rolls a bit now instead of staying flat. But no pure rollover... Unless maybe I change options but I don't think so.

Dang nab-it.Ah well.

Looks like they changed the HSV cockpit cam position a bit. It's easier to see past the bar and line the car up with the left side of the track. Polyphony seem to have addressed all the major concerns that people had with the Honda. I say good on 'em.

It's a shame those endurance races getting buggered up though.

Last edited:
I have the same issue. Got 26 laps left of Suzuka 1000 and limited to 80kph. Gonna be a long 26 laps. It appears that it affects all of the cars in the rcae as the CPU cars pit every lap. Hopefully a quick bug fix.....

I'm into the final 4 hrs of the Nurburgring 24hr race and booted up my save to continue where I left off. As my Bentley Speed 8 pulls into the pits, its fuel starts depleting rapidly. After the pit stop, fuel depletes as I accelerate and the tank is empty in 2 seconds.

I tried driving in the opposite direction to re-enter the pits and even after refuelling for a 2nd time, the fuel depletes in an instant upon acceleration.

Anyone else experiencing such an issue? Pretty bummed that I won't be able to complete this final race and the game.

As for the rollovers giving up at 80-45 degrees, I think Kaz stopped it there so that online trolls wouldn't go around flipping everyone over. At least for me, that would be even more annoying :banghead: .

EDIT: ^ looks like that Bentley Speed 8 has a gas milage of 0.00001 mpg. And even I thought any car that only does 10-25 mpg was bad :lol: .

Okay, so I'm not the only one with this problem. I was racing on the 24 hrs. of Le Mans. While I loaded the game from where I left off, my fuel is empty, even as I re-fuel and exit from the pit lane. My car and its opponents are restricted to 49 MPH.

MSTER232
As for the rollovers giving up at 80-45 degrees, I think Kaz stopped it there so that online trolls wouldn't go around flipping everyone over. At least for me, that would be even more annoying :banghead: .

EDIT: ^ looks like that Bentley Speed 8 has a gas milage of 0.00001 mpg. And even I thought any car that only does 10-25 mpg was bad :lol: .

LoL 25 mpg bad. Only in the world where 180 HP is fast. I get excited when my stuff get over 20 mpg. ;)

You endurance saved guys. If you quit race and restart is the fuel issue still present.

- The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.

Haha, big understatement, it hasn't just been improved, it's been changed completely. The original engine sound was not recorded from a HSV 10, the new sound may actually be. It's a welcome revision. Honestly when I heard it for the first time after reading the update description, I started laughing. How can they call it a simple improvement? It's a different sound altogether

Also the tire wear thing is great but hopefully on normal it's a little bit more realistic than it was even after they fixed it on most cars.

can confirm the HSV now has a recycled Formula GT/X1 engine note.

Not true, it's a different sound sample entirely than the one they use for the F1s. Still doesn't really sound like the HSV 010 but it's much much closer than before

My god that is just awful luck mate. The only thing I could suggest is backing up the mid race save and hope PD fixes it.

I would say back up the save and delete the game data so you lose the latest update but you'd also lose the mid race save functionality as well I assume. That sucks man. If that happened to me I'd punch Kaz in the face

Last edited:
Back