◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
What about adding an additional prize (or replacing the prize C car) for the winner of either D2 or D3, whichever has the greatest margine of victory in their respective division, to grant immunity to either a car or track for the following week AFTER the new choices are made but BEFORE any of those combos are run.

Hello guys, I don't know if you remember me but I raced with you guys about a month ago as a "trial" of sorts in D3 and I told you I would be able to participate much more often once May comes around because school and work were taking over my life. However, it's now May (almost), and I did not lie. I hope I will be allowed to race with you guys as I am definitely excited for it! See you all on the track next Sunday night! :)

Hey Guys. After getting kick off for the second time out of no where, i decided to give it up for the night. wanted to make sure i didnt mess anyone else up while racing because of lag. will hopedully run into some of you tomorrow night for monday mayhem.

Simple. Closest in any division to a Perfect 100 wins the first choice. D1 1st and 2nd get next prizes. If D1 winner gets P100 prize, D1 3rd gets third prize.

Last edited:
esh
What about adding an additional prize (or replacing the prize C car) for the winner of either D2 or D3, whichever has the greatest margine of victory in their respective division, to grant immunity to either a car or track for the following week AFTER the new choices are made but BEFORE any of those combos are run.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem I see with immunity being given to a particular car of track is that it limits the power of the voting process, which is a key element of the league. Also, I feel like it would add to too much complexity to the voting and prize formula. I'm all for coming up with a better Prize C, but not at the cost of adding complexity to Prize A and Prize B.

At this point all I can say is WOW! I have to say that this has been a very difficult week for me and I even considered not racing tonight, but I am SO glad that I didn't wuss out. Last week I was allowed to stick a toe into Div 2 but I knew I was clearly not ready. As cool as it was I am glad to be back in Div 3. Here are some of my highlights of this evening:

1. I really, REALLY tried hard to race as clean as I could and tried to back off when I made a bad pass or couldn't pass cleanly. If anyone has an issue with my racing tonight I will humbly and gladly take a DQ for any grievances...

2. I really had some great moments tonight. A hole shot or two and actually led a few laps, only to throw it away due to lack of focus and general spastic tendencies! My point is that I was just having too much fun!

3. I am not sure what was going on but Garris and I seemed to find each other on several occasions and we had a couple of dogfights that were the most fun of the entire night. Garris, sir, you are an awesome racer and really look forward to battling with you again! As said before, if I was out of line at any time, I will gladly step down.

4. Who the heck was it that suggested that &^%$ 8C?? Oh yea, it was Sharky!! I have been cursing this evil machine all week. But....... After racing her tonight I understand what a cruel mistress she can be (and what an Evil Genius you are) I honestly have to say that all I could think about was as soon as I had the chance, I was gonna vote this car off the island. As of now, I really hope the 8C makes the cut. It really made me pay attention to everything and although it is by far one of the most difficult cars I have raced so far, I am determined to master the finesse it takes to drive something like this and I hope it sticks around for awhile! Nice choice!

Again, thank you all for a great night of racing. It really lifted my spirits and can't wait until next week!

Cheers!
Exo

I concur with Exo. I knew I was pretty much going to be making up the numbers tonight in Div 2 (slow-pitch is killing my legs, lol) but I tell you, that last race at Suzuka....were you ever in clear air, spooble? I know we went through the first section on lap 1 side-by-side and then dabney cleared me and was racing you for, what looked like, the rest of the race :lol:

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_3.jpg

From the replay, it looks like we were side-by-side for nearly 20 seconds before you edged ahead enough that I ducked in behind...great, and clean, racing 👍

Last edited:
Hey Guys. After getting kick off for the second time out of no where, i decided to give it up for the night. wanted to make sure i didnt mess anyone else up while racing because of lag. will hopedully run into some of you tomorrow night for monday mayhem.

Sorry to hear about your connection issues, but I just realized that you raced in the wrong division tonight!! You won Division 3 last week so you should have been racing in Division 2 this week! That explains why D2 and D3 were so unbalanced this week. Man, I should have noticed this at the beginning of the night.. I would've ask Vol to ask you to leave the D3 lounge and join the D2 lounge instead! :banghead:

I had a lot of fun with races this week. I own an apology to bowler for my lapse in mental focus in race 4. There were a few things going on here that were distracting and as a result lost focus for a moment and collected you in my error. I apologize. I waited for you, but I still feel bad about that.

I also owe an apology to kcheeb for contact in race 4 as well. That was just simply the worse race I have in a while.

To both kcheeb & bowler~~
If either of you call for my DQ of that race, I completely understand and I will not object. It was my fault and I cost both of you points for that race.
I'm truly sorry. :(

4. Who the heck was it that suggested that &^%$ 8C?? Oh yea, it was Sharky!! I have been cursing this evil machine all week. But....... After racing her tonight I understand what a cruel mistress she can be (and what an Evil Genius you are) I honestly have to say that all I could think about was as soon as I had the chance, I was gonna vote this car off the island. As of now, I really hope the 8C makes the cut. It really made me pay attention to everything and although it is by far one of the most difficult cars I have raced so far, I am determined to master the finesse it takes to drive something like this and I hope it sticks around for awhile! Nice choice!

Again, thank you all for a great night of racing. It really lifted my spirits and can't wait until next week!

Cheers!
Exo

LOL yes, it was me that picked the cruel mistress that is knows as the 8C.

I knew that a lot of people were not going to like the 8C because it requires the driver to really pay attention to the car, and how you drive it. ...And Then There Are The Tires! :) The SS tires on the 8C really forces the driver to use as much of the track as possible. It is exactly these, and other, points that I selected the 8C as my prize for this week. I'm regret that you, and I'm sure others, were upset about the car when you all started practicing with it. Now that you have run the car and survived, I'm hopeful that you learned something from it. I'm truly flattered by the "Evil Genius" comment, and yes there other reasons I selected the 8C and it seems that you have started to figure out what they are. Good For You! 👍 We'll have to wait and see what happens with the voting.

Here are the official results from our league night on April 29th, 2012. This is the first night using our new "PERFECT 100" points system and the public Google Doc will be updated soon. Congrats to GTP_esh who completed his three week tear through the league by finishing first in D1. In D2, dabneyd edged out Psycho-Tuber by one point. The battle for first was just one of three separate battles that finished with only a one point differential! Last but not least, SeattleTyler took the D3 crown tonight.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. GTP_esh ----------- selected Prize A
  2. Mighty_mopar ------ selected Prize B
  3. M1SS-D3V10US ---- selected Prize C
  4. jlbowler ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. racefan78 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. AG07WRXTR -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. HogsterGT --------- did not submit a vote
  • Diabolicwyvern ----- DNR with advanced notice
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR with advanced notice
  • AJK-VAIL ----------- DNR with advanced notice
  • ADR_BRONCO ------- DNR with advanced notice
  • ckoerner210 -------- DNR with advanced notice
  • iceburgeson -------- DNR with late notice

Division 2
  1. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. Psycho-Tuber ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. spooble ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. leadbedr ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Apmaddock -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • rallywgn81 --------- DNR with late notice
  • g-MachineREX ------ no-showed without notice

Division 3
  1. SeattleTyler -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  2. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. aubdogg ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. ChuthuluGoat ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. JaySin85 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. bullseye915 --------- did not submit a vote
  11. SCREAMING_CHIEF -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • autoxse-r ---------- no-showed without notice
  • dvdoughboy -------- no-showed without notice
  • jellis1 -------------- no-showed without notice
  • LR-L2L-xDriFtZz ---- no-showed without notice

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 @Suzuka Circuit
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since GTP_esh selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 @Circuit Madrid
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since Mighty_mopar got Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

M1SS-D3V10US gets Prize C, so she gets any car she wants (up to $999,999).

Last edited:
I voted for round 3 but I'm sad to see the Alfa go. I just can't stand Suzuka. One foot on that weird green non-grass edging and you're losing about five seconds, guaranteed. I'm all for having to keep it on track and whatnot, but that place...

Sorry for the no show last night. Kido issues. It's okay, and probably same results as I didn't get much time to practice this week anyhow. So, congrats to all, I look forward to new car/tracks and see you all out there somewhere.

Machine

How do I post photos from races into this thread?

As I mentioned, I am not real technical... Thanks!

First you'll need to upload your photos to a site that can 'host' your images, flickr etc.
Then when you post a reply to the thread, go to the Advanced option. The bottom row of buttons, at the top of the edit window has a button that looks like a screen, if you hover your mouse over it, it'll say Insert Image.

A window pops up asking you to enter the URL of the image (that's the web address from your image site)

Easy right ;)

Sorry for the no show last night. Kido issues. It's okay, and probably same results as I didn't get much time to practice this week anyhow. So, congrats to all, I look forward to new car/tracks and see you all out there somewhere.

Machine

Bummer you couldn't make it Machine, darn life!!!

Hello guys, I don't know if you remember me but I raced with you guys about a month ago as a "trial" of sorts in D3 and I told you I would be able to participate much more often once May comes around because school and work were taking over my life. However, it's now May (almost), and I did not lie. I hope I will be allowed to race with you guys as I am definitely excited for it! See you all on the track next Sunday night! :)

Hey rofajole, I do remember, and am glad your time has freed up enough to join us again.

I'll add you to the drivers list you'll be starting in the Division 3 group for this Sundays league race. For the Sundays you can't make it please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the different lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The S.N.A.I.L. club takes the GTP Online Racing Rules and Guidelines seriously. We expect and demand Good Racecraft from all our drivers. Following the GTP OLR and Good Racecraft guidelines, allows all of us to enjoy clean, competitive and friendly racing!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You know. I'm glad I missed the Alfa race. Even though I don't like missing a Sunday. I'm also not a fan of suzuka. Kinda hoping to see a smaller track with maybe a ff platform or something away from the normal fr choice.

That's really a shame you were having problems staying connected, sorry to hear about that. There's a couple of things you can do prior to joining an online lounge that will help minimize connection issues.

1. Restart your PS3.
2. Clear your GT4 in-game network cache.
3. In extreme cases, restarting your ISPs modem/router.

No guarantees doing any of this will clear the problem up for you, but they have proven to help others in the past. I'd encourage you to join in some of our weekly events to see if the connection issues persist.

Sorry to hear about your connection issues, but I just realized that you raced in the wrong division tonight!! You won Division 3 last week so you should have been racing in Division 2 this week! That explains why D2 and D3 were so unbalanced this week. Man, I should have noticed this at the beginning of the night.. I would've ask Vol to ask you to leave the D3 lounge and join the D2 lounge instead! :banghead:

I'm feeling bad about you ending up in the wrong Division last night. As the S.N.A.I.L. Herder it's my responsibility to ensure everyone knows what's happening on Sunday night and I feel I let you down.

In the future, I'll include the names of the people relegated and promoted in my Saturday night post.

You know. I'm glad I missed the Alfa race. Even though I don't like missing a Sunday. I'm also not a fan of suzuka. Kinda hoping to see a smaller track with maybe a ff platform or something away from the normal fr choice.

The Alfa race was fun in a different kind of way. It tested your ability to focus pretty much like no other combo we've had before. One little lapse and well heart break :)

I don't hate either to be honest, but the combination of the two was getting close :lol:

I also owe an apology to kcheeb for contact in race 4 as well. That was just simply the worse race I have in a while.

To both kcheeb & bowler~~
If either of you call for my DQ of that race, I completely understand and I will not object. It was my fault and I cost both of you points for that race.
I'm truly sorry. :(

Honestly devious I don't remember an incident that would be worthy of a protest, but I'm going to go back to tape now ;)

I too was having focus issues last night, and had a couple of moments that almost cost others position. Fortunately I just cost myself.

Thanks for your apology.

I concur with Exo. I knew I was pretty much going to be making up the numbers tonight in Div 2 (slow-pitch is killing my legs, lol) but I tell you, that last race at Suzuka....were you ever in clear air, spooble? I know we went through the first section on lap 1 side-by-side and then dabney cleared me and was racing you for, what looked like, the rest of the race :lol:

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_3.jpg

From the replay, it looks like we were side-by-side for nearly 20 seconds before you edged ahead enough that I ducked in behind...great, and clean, racing 👍

Great pictures tezgm99! I'll try to get some up later. I would have posted some from the past few weeks, but seeing as your only allowed 300mb a month on Flickr with a free account, and I was going to an exotic car show this past Saturday and wanted to save the space for that. Starting tomorrow I should have no problem uploading pictures from Saturday and Sunday nights.

I also didn't mind the Alfa once I got used to it, but Suzuka gives me fits trying to pass without wiping out.

Simple. Closest in any division to a Perfect 100 wins the first choice. D1 1st and 2nd get next prizes. If D1 winner gets P100 prize, D1 3rd gets third prize.

I wasn't for changing the rewards before, but this seems to make the most sense to me.

Highest "Perfect 100" score = 1st place

(and if scores are tied, the highest division breaks ties - D1 is the highest skill division, then D2, then D3)

Next highest D1 spot = 2nd place

(if highest score wasn't from D1, this is the highest D1 driver)

Next highest D1 spot = 3rd place

Is that what you meant AP?

Apmaddock
I wasn't for changing the rewards before, but this seems to make the most sense to me.

(and if scores are tied, the highest division breaks ties - D1 is the highest skill division, then D2, then D3)

And to the rest of the discussion, what I like about this is that it makes getting points more important in d2 and d3. It gives more motivation for the lower level racers to bust arse to get those poll positions and to be first since its not just moving up a division, its also a prize motivation involved as well.

That's what I meant. I was typing on an iPad last night so I didn't work too hard at getting it all spelled out. Thanks.

And to the rest of the discussion, what I like about this is that it makes getting points more important in d2 and d3. It gives more motivation for the lower level racers to bust arse to get those poll positions and to be first since its not just moving up a division, its also a prize motivation involved as well.

I hadn't thought of that, but that seems pretty valid as well.

The competition is undoubtedly more intense in D1, which explains why they're guaranteed prizes. Under the new system, they still would be, but it adds motivation to each of the rest of the divisions, as Rally said, to get a prize for themselves and show how good they are "overall"

Devious, no worries from race #4. It was a mistake and you gave the spot back. That is what is supposed to happen. It probably really only cost me 2 points and that would have made no difference.

I really liked the 8c. As I said in the room, it had enough power to steer with the throttle and that is what I'm used to doing all the time. My vote was for the Miata at Madrid not becasue I didn't enjoy it, but because I enjoyed it the least. I'm just not a fan of city courses. I hope the car stays but on a different track.

I didn't have any time to practice (or participate in other events) this week. I was out of town on business. I got home Friday evening, bought the Alfa and set Bob loose on it, packed our stuff, and then got up and took the family camping on Saturday. I thought I already had a Mazda Roadster broken in, but I found out at the start of qualifying last night that it had engine tuning :/

So my expectations were pretty low, but it actually turned out to be a very fun evening. I got a good start in the first race and hung onto someone's draft (Psycho maybe?) for dear life and was able to keep pace pretty good finishing near the front. This put me near the back for the start of the 2nd race and just couldn't seem to make passes. Being a couple of HP down from the other "broken in" cars probably slowed me down a little, but I think it was more mental than anything.

I don't remember anything specific from races 3 and 4, but I do remember great battles throughout. Then I got my first taste of the Alfa. Wow. I actually hopped out of qualifying to make sure I had the correct tires. :) I remember getting a good mid-pack start in race 5 and slowly working my way forward. I was actually driving well, then I got complacent and dropped 2 tires in the grass. Ended up sliding into the sand, getting stuck, and getting passed by everyone.

Then race 6. Tez and I come out of turn 1 side by side. Even in the Alfa with cold tires, we manage to keep it civil through the sweepers... each leaving room for the other, but neither one backing down. I just knew we were both going to end up in a heap before it was through, but we kept it clean. At that point I'm leading, and Dabney is charging his way through the pack. My palms start sweating. At one point I was up to 1.5 seconds ahead, but I was driving conservatively. Trying to save tires and not have an off. After Dabney got around Tez, it was obvious he wasn't racing for 2nd. He put the pressure on. Drafting up behind me... sticking a nose in here and there... totally clean, though. We swapped positions a couple of times, and I had the lead half way through the last lap, but with tires going away, I got loose coming out of a corner and that was all Dabney needed to scoot around me. I briefly thought about throwing a blocking move, but I knew that I was beat.
That was the most fun I've had with the SNAILS since that night of cat n mouse when Diabolic almost lapped me, but I came back and blew through everyone in the last turn. Thanks for the good times!

D1 drivers heard me state that I had no practice this week and after qualifying dead last in the first race and finishing over 30 secs back, I voluntarily moved out of the way despite starting on the pole for race 2. I hoped to redeem myself at Nurburgring.

After a dismal qualifying outing and loss of control midway through the first lap, I bailed. Not only was I a liability on the track, I wasn't having fun.

While I'm positive the lack of practice had a significant impact on my (lack of) performance last night, I just don't like the lack of grip resulting from the new tire schedule.

That, coupled with my focus on another tuning prohibited series coming up, will likely mean my participation will be limited with SNAIL in the future. While I'll make events as I can, I can't guarantee I'll make every Sunday as required to avoid relegation. I'll be facing demotion anyway, if I stay, so ultimately it's not a big deal.

Good luck with everything. I hope things continue to prosper.

Back