◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
The 2000th Post! Thanks all for keeping this an active community and especially to Zer0 for captaining our motley crue!

Last edited:
diabolicwyvern
The 2000th Post! Thanks all for keeping this an active community and especially to Zer0 for captaining our motley crew!

Shouldn't that be Crue?

Props mon capitan!

Whats been said has been said, lets all get along and let this blow over. I think we have all learned something, and since then, appropriate actions will be taken (not joining if you dont like it, dont cry instead PM someone if you have a problem with someone ect). this is going to be a new week, lets clean the Slate. :)

Well said, Mopar. Let's just chalk it up to "growing pains" and leave it in the rear view mirror. :cheers:

I learned my lesson on Thursday night. Going forward, Cat & Snail races won't have tire wear on. If someone's able to spin you out, you're going to need to catch up. There's no point in making catching up even harder by letting that spin make your tires go bald as well. :crazy:

Ive been pondering adding boost in lower team races as opposed to overloading with a bunch of wild cars. So in 3 and 4 team games with even numbers. Turn on boost instead of adding a team of wild cars. this way the mice can catch up quicker when the cat takes off on the attack. I've had the unpleasantness of being stuck way in the back never to see anyone again a couple of times. I think this will help keep big separations from happening. Which will incite closer, tougher racing. If this works well, then I perhaps the 6th team will get to compete instead of being the wild car team.
I like how this game has evolved, in such a short time with this group. Lots of experimenting I think has led to a few great versions of the event. Just like the Sunday event.

I could race tomorrow since testing is done and I have pretty much more no homework or papers to write, however, this is a very exclusive weekend. After this weekend, I won't have time to race again until May. :indiff: That brings me to my next question, would it be okay if I participate tomorrow in a race, but I don't race again with you guys until May or earlier if I have another easy weekend?

I was going to check with kcheeb to see if he was okay with that, but according to his list of drivers, he's already approved you to join Division3 tomorrow night. Therefore, I've just sent you a friend request from the Division3 account. Please be sure to complete Step 3 and 4 listed at the bottom of the original post before the races start at 10pm Eastern time. Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

That works nicely, we'll have to jig the promotion/relegation when ckoerner and g-MachineREX return, but we'd have had to do that anyway.

I updated the driver list to reflect the current situation.

Div 1 - 12 active drivers - one on sabbatical
Div 2 - 12 active drivers - one on sabbatical
Div 3 - 17 active drivers :nervous:

Okay, I've sent friend requests from the Division2 account over to MLR_SPARCO and The__Reaper along with a message telling them that they've been promoted to D2. Whatbadgerseat already has access to the Division1 account so I only sent him a message telling him that he got promoted back up to D1.

I've also added a link to the driver list on the original post (it's in the "How To Join Us" section) so that everyone can easily see what division they're in without having to keep up with the changes that we've made.

If all Div 3 drivers show up, perhaps we can move aDirtySpic- up to Div 2? Just so we have a plan going into it.

I like your idea about a having an emergency plan if Division3 gets too crowded. Dirty, please follow me to the Division2 lounge if there are 14 or more drivers in Division3 at any time before the races start. I don't think that will happen, but just in case..

Last edited:
I was going to check with kcheeb to see if he was okay with that, but according to his list of drivers, he's already approved you to join Division3 tomorrow night. Therefore, I've just sent you a friend request from the Division3 account. Please be sure to complete Step 3 and 4 listed at the bottom of the original post before the races start at 10pm Eastern time. Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Herding done and dealt with :)

zer05ive
I like your idea about a having an emergency plan if Division3 gets too crowded. Dirty, please follow me to the Division2 lounge if there are 14 or more drivers in Division3 at any time before the races start. I don't think that will happen, but just in case..

Will do.

I appreciate that so much guys! I will gladly follow the rules and all the regulations to the best of my ability. It's been a while since I participated in any kind of an online competition (the last time was during GT5P :dunce: ) and I'm glad you guys are allowing me to race tomorrow night. I will be practicing for sure tonight after the Formula 1 race, and then tomorrow to hone my skills :lol:. See you all tomorrow!

EDIT:
I know this might sound like a rather stupid question in a way, but the fact I use a DFGT is fine right?

S.N.A.I.L. Divisional Lounge System

This is how we use our three divisional accounts when it's not Sunday night:

SNAIL_Division1 - Any racing, practice, or tutoring using the cars and tracks on the Sunday lineup

SNAIL_Division2 - Any traditional racing event not using cars from the Sunday lineup (e.g. Parity Racing, Shuffle Racing, Team Racing, etc)

SNAIL_Division3 - Any untraditional racing or "just for fun" games such as Cat & Mouse and Magic Lap Racing

A summary of all of these events can be found on our weekly calendar.

Last edited:
Okay, how does this sound for usage of the divisional accounts when it's not Sunday night:

SNAIL_Division1 - Any tutoring, practice sessions, or practice races using the cars and tracks on the current line-up

SNAIL_Division2 - Any races not associated with Sunday's league night such as mini-enduros, recommended list or shuffle races, etc

SNAIL_Division3 - Any "non-traditional" races or "games" such as Cat & Mouse, Cat & Snail, touge, team battles, etc

League members would only be required to add the division they're competing in on Sunday night. However, they would have the option to add either of the other accounts if they want to participate in any of the non-Sunday activities described above. This way, everyone will know exactly what to expect when they enter a particular lounge. No surprises, right?
Awaiting my friend requests for D2 and D3.

Awaiting my friend requests for D2 and D3.

Okay, friend requests from both D2 and D3 have been sent to you.

P.S. Anyone else who wants to join the non-Sunday activities described above can simply send a friend request to the divisional account that will be hosting the type of non-Sunday racing they're interested in.

P.P.S. Anyone who has my zer05ive account on their PSN friends list can delete me if they wish. With this new divisional account structure in place, I will no longer be adding new league members to my friends list. Therefore, my zer05ive account will no longer serve as a "universal" account that all members have access to.

Jeez it's hard to keep up with this thread :(

Your league is looking really live zero, congratulations!

Correction: Your Our league is looking really live zero, congratulations!

The 2000th Post! Thanks all for keeping this an active community and especially to Zer0 for captaining our motley crew!

Yes, thanks to all for being actively involved in the discussion. Just like our interactive format on League night, we have an interactive format on this thread as well. Everyone's opinions matter so let's keep them coming! :cheers:

And a special thanks right back to Diabolic, our D1 Director. He's basically a co-founder of this league and has been a huge driving force behind it's success. 👍

Shouldn't that be Crue?

Props mon capitan!

Props to you as well mon co-capitan! :D

Are the sunday night races full? i know i haven't been on in a while but i'd like to race tonight if possible!

Hey polizei, Div3 could be full tonight.

What we can do is use you as a reserve driver for this week. I'd prefer not to have to shuffle the lineup this close to the green light :)

Best thing to do would be to get Zer05ive to add you to the Snail_Division3 account. You can join the lounge at the prescribed time, 20:00 21:00 CDT. If we end up with more than 13 drivers, we'd ask that you back out for this week. Lag is not good and the more drivers we have, the greater the chances.

You'll be in for next week for sure as we do our Promotion/Relegation after the races are complete. Full details will be posted Monday.

Does that sound fair to you?

Last edited:
Sounds good, but i'm in training with work, so I will just wait until i am done with training and have a better schedule before i commit to anything. I'll be back in a couple of weeks when training is over. Thanks for the consideration!

Sounds good, but i'm in training with work, so I will just wait until i am done with training and have a better schedule before i commit to anything. I'll be back in a couple of weeks when training is over. Thanks for the consideration!

Sounds good, I'll add you to our drivers list as a reminder to keep in touch with you :)

And I made a mistake with the time for tonight, should have been 21:00 CDT, my bad.

Are the sunday night races full? i know i haven't been on in a while but i'd like to race tonight if possible!

Okay, I've just sent a friend request to from the Division3 account. Per kcheeb's instructions, please join the Division3 lounge as a reserve driver. If the room gets too full, you may need to back out. However, I think there's a good chance there'll be enough room for you. 👍

Just be sure to have Steps 3 and 4 of the instructions listed at the bottom of the original post completed. Otherwise, you'll be at a big disadvantage.

EDIT: I got ninja'd by both of you lol. Okay, we'll see you in a couple of weeks. The post above is still accurate though. I've already sent the friend request and you'll still need to follow those steps when you join in a couple of weeks.

How many laps do we run for each race tonight and about what time should we usually finish? Want to keep wife happy.. and informed.

Last edited:
How many laps do we run for each race tonight and about what time should we usually finish? Want to keep wife happy.. and informed.

we usually finish at 12am midnight EST. 15 minutes for qualifying, then 2 races that make up enough laps to be 7 minutes a piece. RIght? I dont think it changed to 3 10 minutes segments, though it was discussed.

we usually finish at 12am midnight EST. 15 minutes for qualifying, then 2 races that make up enough laps to be 7 minutes a piece. RIght? I dont think it changed to 3 10 minutes segments, though it was discussed.

Rally is correct that the races will finish approximately 12am midnight EST. In Div. 1, the races lasted just a little after 12am Midnight, (it was 12:07am according to my cell phone).

Last week in, Div. 1, there had been talk (I'm not sure if a final decision was reached) about dropping the qualifying session from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. If this is true, and the qualifying sessions are reduced by 5 minutes, this should bring us just under the 2 hr. mark. You'll need to check with kcheeb or Zer05ive to get a final answer at this point.

Last weeks, in Div. 1, the races were 10 minutes each. The number of laps were set based on the fastest drivers of Div. 1. I'm going to assume (and we all know how dangerous that is) that this logic holds true for each of the respective divisions. Again, kcheeb or Zer05ive should have the answers you're looking for.

FYI Zero I have not recieved a FR from snail_div2 yet if everyone was supposed to get one. I mean it's not that hard to find the right lobby so i'm not too concerned.

Rally is correct that the races will finish approximately 12am midnight EST. In Div. 1, the races lasted just a little after 12am Midnight, (it was 12:07am according to my cell phone).

Last week in, Div. 1, there had been talk (I'm not sure if a final decision was reached) about dropping the qualifying session from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. If this is true, and the qualifying sessions are reduced by 5 minutes, this should bring us just under the 2 hr. mark. You'll need to check with kcheeb or Zer05ive to get a final answer at this point.

Last weeks, in Div. 1, the races were 10 minutes each. The number of laps were set based on the fastest drivers of Div. 1. I'm going to assume (and we all know how dangerous that is) that this logic holds true for each of the respective divisions. Again, kcheeb or Zer05ive should have the answers you're looking for.

We did talk about reducing qualifying to 10 minutes but didn't make a final decision.

We'll save some time and it could add some urgency to it. A little more pressure ups the ante :)

Zer0 and Diabolic what are your thoughts on qualifying?

FYI Zero I have not recieved a FR from snail_div2 yet if everyone was supposed to get one. I mean it's not that hard to find the right lobby so i'm not too concerned.

Legit, you already accepted the D2 friend request days ago. It's the PSN ID: SNAIL_Division2. Please confirm that you see it on your friends list.

Looking foward to some good racing in D2 tonight. See you later and good luck to all.

We did talk about reducing qualifying to 10 minutes but didn't make a final decision.

We'll save some time and it could add some urgency to it. A little more pressure ups the ante :)

Zer0 and Diabolic what are your thoughts on qualifying?

Yes, I say we reduce qualifying to 10 minutes so that all of our races can be around 10 minutes long. As I discussed with Devious and Mopar last week, I didn't want to have 10 minute races until we split into three divisions. Well, we've arrived at that point so let's move forward with that plan.

Devious, what are the lap counts for each round that equal 10 minute races? All I know for sure is that Round 3 is supposed to have 5 laps. However, I'm not sure about Round 1 and 2. My guess is 7 or 8 laps each? I know you told me Round 2's lap count during Wednesday's practice, but I forgot. Please advise.

Latest Posts

Back