◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,807 comments
So, this morning when I logged in to get my Bobs to break in my 8C, my GT 5 game got corrupted. Well, I've been having problems with my PS3 anyway, and have been meaning to try and do something to fix it.

I booted into safe mode and had it rebuild the file system. Now, my PS3 boots normally. Woot. But I did lose my son's Little Big Planet save. No biggie.

I downloaded my save and was able to log in and got my 8C broken in. Stock, my Bobs were able to win the race. Woot.

I log in tonight to practice, and it tells my game is corrupt again.

I still have the back up, but that was from before my 8C was broken in. So, I"m going to poke around with my PS3 to see if I can keep it from corrupting again.

:/

I logged on for some dirty Thursday action and find nobody around.

Have you all gone soft?

So, with all the laggy-ness and other network issues we had this week, do we want to talk about designating hosts for the rooms? I know that Diabolic, Zero, and Garris are the "hosts" of the room, but maybe we should get some bandwidth statistics from everyone and see who would make the best hosts in each division. It's been my experience from Lemons and 450PP club racing that when someone who I know has a large amount of bandwidth hosts the room, network issues are minimized. I'll start with the sharing.

1911792371.png

Here's mine

Sunday night is just around the corner now, so I'd like to revisit dabney's suggestion of designating hosts for each of our divisional lounges. Out of everyone who posted their speedtest.net results, only dabneyd and dvdoughboy had "Grade A" speeds. I've reached out to both of them and they've agreed to be the designated hosts for Division 2 and Division 3 respectively. This means that they'll be logging into the lounge about 30 minutes before the event starts. I'd like to thank both of them for stepping up and I've added them to the League Responsibilities Post to acknowledge their efforts.

However, we haven't designated a host for Division 1 yet. I'd like to ask if any of the current D1 drivers have a "Grade A" connection and would be willing to join the lounge a little bit early so that you can serve as host. With all of the network issues we had last Sunday, I think it's important that we stack the odds in our favor as much as possible. So if you're in Division 1, please post your speedtest.net results (if you haven't already) so that we can choose a Division 1 host with the best connection speed.

That was the reason I wasn't on. The NFL draft is must-see TV for me. :D

btw, where has dude been? Our Dirty Thursday leader has been MIA for a while, eh?

Sorry about missing last night. Was watching the draft. 👍

I tried to post that I wouldn't be able to host, but I couldn't get the forum to come up on my home computer last night. I could get the news page, but the forum wouldn't load for me. :confused:

Quick question, anyone have thoughts on the tires we're using? I think we could change, but I'm having trouble finding opinions on the matter.

While this sounds nice, it would totally defeat the purpose of being able to pick whatever car/track if you won prize A/B. With what your proposing, whatever car/track was voted off, the winner(s) would then be stuck picking from one of the three tire combo's, Comfort/Sport/Race. They now no longer have the choice of "Whatever they want" to pick.

The winner aleady can't pick "whatever they want" it has to be under 1 million credits and readily availiable to everyone. It would give the winner another decision to make in regards to which prize to choose. If the winner really wanted to get rid of the car or track that received the second most votes, then the winner could choose prize B instead of A.

Can I use tweels?

tweel.jpg

I don't imagine they corner very well.

Yes, you may use them.

My PS3 is still misbehaving. It doesn't boot normally, and it i still corrupting files. I'm going to have to re-image it basically and hope that fixes it.

I hope I get it all done before Sunday evening.

What is re-image? In computer terms, for the antagonists among us. :lol:

In safe mode, there is an option to completely restore the PS3 to factory settings. This will delete all user data.

I'm not looking forward to it, but I hope it solves my problems.

What is re-image? In computer terms, for the antagonists among us. :lol:

It's a term that has passed its relevancy. It used to be the case that if you wanted to deploy a lot of Windows computers you would build the system and then take a snapshot of the whole hard drive so you could place that 'image' onto other computers in one shot. It used to make it easier to deploy a lot of computers quickly, but it has its drawbacks. These days, there are better ways to deploy to many computers that don't involve taking a snapshot of the whole hard drive.

It's a term that has passed its relevancy. It used to be the case that if you wanted to deploy a lot of Windows computers you would build the system and then take a snapshot of the whole hard drive so you could place that 'image' onto other computers in one shot. It used to make it easier to deploy a lot of computers quickly, but it has its drawbacks. These days, there are better ways to deploy to many computers that don't involve taking a snapshot of the whole hard drive.

Thank you for the explanation!

How do you deploy your OS X boxes and how many are you deploying?

The winner aleady can't pick "whatever they want" it has to be under 1 million credits and readily availiable to everyone. It would give the winner another decision to make in regards to which prize to choose. If the winner really wanted to get rid of the car or track that received the second most votes, then the winner could choose prize B instead of A.

The last part, there, is already the case. Your system, though would disallow each car selection from chhosing about 2/3 of the currently available cars.

Sorry, Bowler. I can't get behind this one.

esh
How do you deploy your OS X boxes and how many are you deploying?

We use the Casper Suite. My company has about 700 Macs now and I'm in the process of switching near 200 of them out on lease. Migration assistant is my best friend and worst enemy.

I 'think' the proper term, in today's terms, is geek :)

I am also a geek, but I see that as more of great interest in specific things. I think that I'm a computer, guitar, and car geek, but I am also a nerd in general.

Back